• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 2,098 Views, 10 Comments

Appledash: Flirting Game - Kskskskksks



Applejack and Rainbow Dash still have not discovered who is truly the bravest pony, and Rainbow Dash is growing impatient. Perhaps some playful flirting with apple pony could help her win.

  • ...
5
 10
 2,098

A Lesson in Flirting

When a pony goes to school, they are taught many different things - mathematics, science, history and such. That is what an average teacher teaches - it's their job. Twilight sure would be a good teacher, Rainbow Dash could remember the time she had found a way to teach Dash about the Wonderbolts' history... such an attentive teacher. Cheerilee was also a great example, kind and gentle, and a wonderful role model for her students. But there were some things that teachers failed to teach, things that Rainbow herself would've found petty and useless, but now there was one thing she desperately needed to learn - how to flirt like a pro.


Rarity wouldn't strike anypony as your average teacher, it just wouldn't seem right. But the beautiful unicorn was actually super intelligent, only in a different way to the likes of Twilight or Cheerilee. And Rainbow was ready to take a class from somepony like her.


First, however, RD needed to find Scootaloo. She guessed at the CMC Clubhouse, and smiled as she heard filly voices. Inside were Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. "Hi Rainbow Dash!" They called excitedly, Scootaloo's voice noticeably louder than the rest. Dash smiled at the sight of those three, but her eyes were drawn in particular to Scoots and Apple Bloom. At the moment they were standing very close to each other, and seemed perfectly comfortable with it. Sure, Sweetie was in the shot as well, but she wasn't as important. Rainbow wasn't exactly trying to flirt with Rarity!

Wow, imagine that... haha... that'd never happen!

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash beamed. "I was hoping you could let Scoots come with me today - I have something really important she needs to do for me!"


Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle exchanged a glance, but Scootaloo's voice was shrill with delight. "Really? Okay! You can carry on messing around without me, I'll be fine! Let's go!"


Rainbow Dash led the filly a fair distance away from the Clubhouse before speaking in a low voice. "Scootaloo, there's something very important I need to ask of you-"

"What is it, what is it?" Scootaloo wailed. "I'll do anything, anything!"

Anything, huh?

"Well, I am asking something rather big..." RD grinned. "But I'm sure a filly like yourself will manage easily..."

"I will!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Come on, tell me!"


Rainbow Dash murmured. "Okay. So, like everypony knows, AJ and I are bitter rivals. We've been trying to settle this argument for years, and I've come up with the perfect plan. You see, I'm going to flirt with Applejack... yup, that's the plan. But I need some evidence that she's a fillyfooler. I want you to find Applejack, and ask her if she's ever had a crush on somepony, and who it was. If she seems reluctant, well, here's what I want you to do," the cyan mare took a deep breath, semi scared at what Scootaloo's reaction would be. "Tell Applejack you're in love with Apple Bloom, and that you're scared and embarrassed about your feelings, especially towards another mare. It'll be the perfect time for AJ to perhaps reveal herself as a fillyfooler. You got that?"


Scootaloo looked dazed. "In love... with Apple Bloom? But isn't she dating Tender Taps?"

"Ever heard of one sided love, or a love triangle? Rarity talks about such things all the time. Apple Bloom doesn't need to be in love with you, you just need to be in love with her."

"I guess that makes sense..." Scoots was going slightly red. "But it, umm, seems kinda out of character for me to do something like this."

"It seems quite out of character for me to flirt with apple pony," Dash replied. "Of course, if you don't want to..."

"I'll do it!" Scootaloo gasped. "No way am I letting you down! I'll go and find AJ right away!"


And off she scurried. Rainbow called after her, "Meet me back at the Clubhouse later today, and don't tell anypony! Make up excuses!" And then Scootaloo was gone. Rainbow Dash took a deep breath. It was time to speak to Rarity.


Rainbow found Rarity 'assisting' Lyra and Bonbon by giving them fashion advice. She rolled her eyes, waited till Rarity had finished, (which took a very long time) and then approached. "Why hello darling!" Rarity exclaimed, joyfully trotting up to her pegasus friend. "How are things? Have you finally seen the light and want to try one of my dresses?"

"No thanks," Dash quickly backed away as the unicorn begun to pull out a sickeningly girly dress from thin air, "I actually came here, too, umm, well... you see Rarity... could we please go somewhere where no other pony will be able to see or hear us?" Rarity looked a little puzzled, and Rainbow groaned.

"Okay?" The white unicorn asked, docking her head to the side with confusion.


A few minutes later the two ponies were in Carousel Boutique. Good enough. Rainbow Dash decided. She sniggered a little at Rarity's face, which was incredibly confused. "This is something important, isn't it?" she touched her tail on the mare's shoulder. "What's going on?" And here came the explaining again, only short and simple this time.

"Competition against Applejack. Flirting with her so that'll she admit I'm the winner. Need flirting advice." She blurted out, feeling her cheeks heat very slightly. Rarity looked beyond shocked, but then quickly shook her head.

"I suppose I can try, but I've never flirted with mares before, so I don't know if it's the same deal..."

"Just try!" Dash begged. "After all, Applejack is unlikely to really be that into romance anyway, so she wouldn't exactly know the difference between fillyfooler flirting and the norm." Rarity smiled a little, her eyes glimmering with amusement.

"I'll teach you everything that I can. Why, you two are so immature, and I wouldn't even expect you to stoop so low! Oh, and one more thing before we get started - this doesn't mean that I favour you over Applejack. If Applejack had thought up a plan like this, I would've helped her too."

"But she didn't think it up," Rainbow grinned smugly. "Another reason why I'm better than her!"

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say. And now, let the lesson begin!"


"Now, the first thing to remember," Rarity said, "Is to make eye contact. Eye contact is a great way to show that you're interested, after all. In more intense moments of the conversation, make the stare even more powerful and direct, to really draw another pony in. If you want to flirt from a distance, watch your target. When they turn to you, make eye contact for a few seconds, smile, and then look away. I've used this so many times, and it really is crucial, darling! Are you getting this down?" Rainbow Dash nodded quickly, her mind already swirling. Flirting lessons with Rarity - what had she gotten into?


"Now darling, another thing to remember is to smile! When you're near the other pony, show that you are happy to see them! Always try to make conversation! But don't just talk about yourself, as it'll make you come off as a narcissist. Ask questions about the other pony, show that you care about them!"

"Uh-huh..." Rainbow muttered. Wow, she had more respect for Rarity than ever before. She must have some real talent to be able to pull off this!


"Next, make jokes. Nopony likes a stick in the mud, so always be funny! And laugh at the other pony too, even if something they do isn't that funny. Laughter is very attractive, as it shows that you are bubbly and ready to have fun."

Laughter is attractive? Pinkie Pie is attractive? What has this world come to?


"Also, keep your conversations short and sweet. When things are really getting heated up - leave, and the other pony will be desperate for more. As well as that, try to touch them... start off soft and gentle, then over time make physical contact more obvious and lasting. The longer you flirt, the bolder you should become. Be confident, and trust me, if Applejack really is a fillyfooler, she'll be blushing bright red no matter how much she tries to hide it! Now here are some extra tips..."


The 'extra tips' went on forever. The world of flirting seemed so complex, and RD was flying into unknown territory. She still had to thank Rarity, though. All that could be said however, was that she was glad when the unicorn finally stopped talking. "So, what now?" Rainbow asked, shuffling her hooves.

Rarity thought for a moment, and then gasped, "Why, you should test your skills! Best try on other ponies before you try on your best friend! Want to practise on me?" Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped.

"But you're not a fillyfooler! Won't this feel weird to yo-"


She was interrupted as Rarity gently placed her hoof across Rainbow's lips and whispered, whilst playfully batting her eyelashes. "Neither are you."


Rainbow trembled in shock, but she knew she needed to get over her fears. It was going to be even more awkward when she began to flirt with AJ, after all! She took a deep breath, and then spoke. "Hi, Rarity! How are you?" She made sure that the corners of her mouth curved into a small but hopefully cute smile.

"I'm fine, darling. I spent all of last night on this new dress I'm wearing, and I must say, it came out simply divine!" Rarity beamed.

"It looks... really pretty on you," Rainbow Dash replied. As she did so, she locked her eyes with Rarity's. The eye contact was held for a few seconds, before Dash looked away. "And I mean it. You have real talent so create something as beautiful as that."

"Why thank you, that really is the sweetest thing to say!" Rarity exclaimed, waving her tail. Rainbow decided that now was the time to go for physical contact. She attempted to brush legs with Rarity, when the most embarrassing thing happened. RD's leg slipped, and it ended up touching Rarity's nether region. Dash shot into the air, burning with heat.

I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I just did that!

Rarity looked stunned, and it took her a while to get any words out of her gaping mouth - "Feisty now are we?" she giggled. "I think we need to try again. Minor touches to start off with, you creep!" Despite everything, her tone was teasing, and once again Rainbow was filled with admiration. That situation had been so degrading for her, but Rarity had merely brushed it off! Then again, in most cases, Dash could see her friends laughing off an occurrence like that, but Rainbow couldn't see herself doing the same. Touching a pony there seemed wrong, even if it was a mare. It almost made it seem more wrong. Whatever. It was time for Rainbow Dash to try again.


It didn't take long for the cyan pegasus to realise that she was very clumsy when she came to flirting - she might say something ridiculously stupid, or make touching too obvious. Every time she failed, Rainbow became more and more flustered. Rarity was, surprisingly, quite the patient teacher. She sure must be eager for me to get started on flirting with apple pony.


RD was exhausted, and heaved a huge sigh of relief when Rarity eventually announced, "I think you may have just got it, darling! You don't have to practise on me anymore."

"Oh!" Dash exclaimed. "So, can I leave now?" Her eyes shimmered.


Rarity gasped, "Oh, no, no, no!" she exclaimed, racing over to her friend and holding her tightly. "We're not done yet! Why, I can't believe you thought that we were finished! That would be disastrous!" Rainbow Dash groaned.

"Okay, okay, no need to get so crazy about it. What else could you possibly want me to do?"

"Practise out your flirting... on a member of the public." The mare replied, a pathetically exasperating smile upon her face.

"What? Are you insane?"

"It'll be more realistic," Rarity whispered. "You can even try out on an actual fillyfooler. Or, do you feel ready to flirt with Applejack now?"


Rainbow Dash didn't reply - both ponies knew the answer. She needed more practise. "But a fillyfooler? Where are we going to find one of those?" Rarity rolled her eyes.

"It might do you some good to look out of the window. Octavia's there, preparing to perform music. She came out as a fillyfooler a few moons back, and most the ponies in Ponyville know about her crush on Vinyl, but who can say if she would respond to another mare flirting?"


Dash quivered a little. "Won't she think I'm weird?"

"I should hope not. Go on, Rainbow, just try." Rarity gave her friend a gentle nudge, and RD moaned, dragging herself outside. She was shaking all over, terrified at what Octavia's reaction would be. Her legs were wobbly, and her mind was crumbling as she tried to remember what Rarity had taught her. However, there was one thing in particular that the beautiful unicorn had said that has stuck in Rainbow's mind:

'Remember, these are just guidelines. When you flirt with anypony, including AJ, they want to see the real you. Add your own twist.'


That sure did seem like an important thing to remember, and that was what gave RD her confidence. She raised her head high, and called out to the grey earth pony. "Hey Octy! What's u- how are you?"


Octavia appeared baffled. Octy was the affectionate nickname that Vinyl had given her best friend, on the rare occurrences where Vinyl opened her mouth, that was. Octavia was probably confused to hear Dash say it. Octavia, however, did not stammer at all when she replied, "I am fine, thank you, Rainbow Dash."


A huge smile appeared on the pegasus's face, and she whinnied. "You know, I really do love your music. I listen to it all the time, and, personally, I think Vinyl's got a pretty big rival!" As Rainbow spoke, she made sure her eyes locked with Octavia's. Octavia blushed, just a tiny bit, nowhere near enough. Right now, Rarity was probably raging at Dash from inside, unsatisfied with the the performance so far. But she would be soon. RD looked away, pretending to embarrassed. Well, less pretending, because she really was.

"Thank you?" Octavia sounded confused. "Listen, Rainbow Dash. I do appreciate this, but I'm rather busy setting up. I still have a lot to do."

Now's my chance! "Listen, Octy. How about I perform a Sonic Rainboom, just for you? It'll surely attract lots of ponies here, and you can carry on getting ready for the best performance ever!

"No... I'm okay." The musician replied, but it was too late. RD was insisting on performing that Rainboom, whether Octavia liked it or not. As she flew faster into the air, the world rippled around her like water, and she was trapped in a stunning world of white and blue. The world blurred by her, and she gradually became surrounded by colour, and a roaring sound thundered in Dash's ears. Agony tore through her body at her speed, and her eyes were growing blurry, but then it happened. An explosion deep within Rainbow's heart, causing a stunning rainbow to erupt around her. It took Dash a while to slow down, and she looked at Octavia, whose face was blank and expressionless. How could that not be good enough? Well, either way, Rainbow couldn't perform another Sonic Rainboom on the way down, as she may hurt another pony. What Rainbow Dash could do, however, was fly down super fast.


So, down RD flew, the world rushing by her again, but not quite as fast or as painful as last time. As she neared the ground, Rainbow realised that she had actually judged her move badly, and that she was swiftly flying in a straight line towards Octavia, whose eyes appeared to be huge with horror. Usually, the pegasus would have speedily swerved aside to avoid the collision, but perhaps now would be the best time to break the touch barrier. Such a thing sure was embarrassing, so if she could make it seem half accidental, it wouldn't be as humiliating.


And then Rainbow Dash flew into Octavia. Her eyes widened in shock as she tasted something on her lips, and then realised that she was kissing Octavia! Octavia hastily slithered away, her face probably bright red both with embarrassment and with anger. The cyan mare stayed silent, shuffling at her hooves. It took a while for the earth pony to find the words to speak, and when she found them, they were: "I'm not interested." And then she proceeded to turn her back, returning to work. Turned out Octavia sure was harsh when it came to rejections.


Rainbow decided to make a swift get away, but before she retreated into the boutique, she turned back one last time, and found that Octavia was already being crowded by many, many ponies as she struggled to get set up. Half of the ponies were begging for 'music' and the other half were begging for 'Rainbow Dash.' Yes... today would be a good day to die. She flung herself into Rarity's home, hoping never to have to face Octavia again. You're welcome, Octy, you're welcome.


RD collapsed onto the floor, and Rarity scurried over to her, "Darling! You were too full of yourself!" she nudged her friend. "Why, that really was going too far!" Rainbow Dash struggled to her hooves.

"I was just trying to add my own twist." The mare insisted, magenta orbs glowing frustratedly.

"I know, darling, but you were rather reckless. Luckily, there are other fillyfoolers around!"


Dash's eyes grew huge, and she begun to tremble. "No way am I going out there again! Not until Octavia's gone!" Rarity leant close to the pegasus, a small smile in your face.

"What a shame. I thought you had courage. Guess I was wrong." And she turned her back and begun to walk away. At Rarity's words, RD felt her strength return, and she hissed.

"Hey, come back here! I'll try again!"


Rarity returned to the cyan pony, her expression smug. "Now, I see Vinyl approaching. Get out there quick, and flirt with her."

"What? But Vinyl always has her headphones in! She won't be able to hear me!"

"I don't see any other fillyfoolers in sight, and you can always flirt with your body. Just be quick, I think she's performing with Octavia. You'll need to stop Vinyl before she reaches her, unless you want to have to face a certain pony again!"


Rainbow Dash was filled with energy, and she flew straight outside, avoiding eye contact with Octavia. She landed in front of Vinyl, in a view where the unicorn couldn't possibly miss her. RD was a little confused - this was going to be strange. Then, she made the move - a gentle leg rub. It took Vinyl a while to realise what Dash was doing, but when she did, a small smile appeared upon her face.


Now it was time to take things to the next level - lengthening the amount of time touching. This time, the pegasus brushed her hoof through Vinyl's hair repeatedly for quite a few seconds. RD begun to sweat, just a little, as she realised that a lot of ponies were watching, Octavia included. The musician earth pony's eyes were filled with disapproval, slowly turning to rage, if that was possibly for such a calm and collected mare.


It was time to get things over with. Usually, Rainbow loved attention, but she hated this. She had never intended to put on a show! RD was quivering all over as she placed her wing over Vinyl's back, holding her close and tight. She glanced at Vinyl, and saw her blush bright red. Sometimes, it seemed, love could be expressed without words... Rainbow Dash had just proven that, even though she had no romantic feelings for Vinyl.


Eventually, the pegasus let go, and, with a flirtatious smirk at the musician, she begun to hastily fly away before any pony started asking questions. Then, she felt something dragging her back - aura from a horn, Vinyl's horn. She was dragged straight in front of the mare, who took her headphones off and stared deeply into Dash's eyes. Rainbow begun to back away, and then the unicorn did something all too unexpected. She lent in, and kissed Rainbow Dash.


Rainbow heard gasps from the crowd of ponies, and relief rushed through her as she realised none of her close friends were present, well, apart from Rarity, who was probably going crazy just about now. Vinyl's lips were tasty and sweet, and the pegasus found herself craving the kiss, wanting more and more. It felt so wrong - and she tried to imagine she was kissing a different pony. Who, she wasn't really sure, but in her heart, RD knew there was somepony out there she had feelings for.


The kiss seemed to go on forever, and would've probably gone on longer if Rainbow hadn't come to her senses. She drew away, breathing frantically for air. Then Vinyl went on to do something she barely ever did - speak. "I love you." The mare announced. RD shivered, and turned around. Octavia's expression was one that probably meant she wanted Dash's dead body. Before RD could respond, the earth pony raced up too her friend. "No, she's tricking you! She did the same to me just a few minuted ago! Don't fall for it!"


There was no reply, and RD made the impulsive decision to leave things be. Vinyl and Octavia needed to talk. She swiftly flew away, and, this time, Vinyl didn't stop her. Good job, Rainbow. Now you've ruined a relationship, and broken another pony's heart. Ten out of ten!


Rarity looked stunned. "Well... you... got to her!" she trembled. "All in all, you did do very well that time..."

"I think I should leave." This caused Rarity to nod.

"You've passed the test. I think you're ready to test out everything you've learnt on Applejack for the first time. I'll see if I can organise a picnic for tomorrow. Congratulations, darling - you've passed the test."


Rainbow was flying to the CMC Clubhouse. A thought flitted across her mind - what if AJ wasn't a fillyfooler? RD's training, and her two kisses, would've been for nothing! It's okay, Dash, there'll be other ponies to use your skills on. But what she didn't understand is why, in a strange way, she had enjoyed the flirting. RD hated that sort of stuff, and with mares? The pony's feelings didn't make sense.


Scootaloo was, unsurprisingly, back at the Clubhouse already. "Rainbow Dash!" She squealed with delight, flinging herself at her 'sister.' Rainbow smiled - Scoots could always make her feeling better.

"Hey, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle!" The pegasus sniggered at how all the fillies' faces lit up at the sight of her. Whatever. She needed to speak to Scootaloo. But she didn't even need to prompt the filly, as Scoots announced.

"Rainbow and I need to go somewhere - be right back!" And they both scurried a fair way from the Clubhouse again.


"So, how'd it go?"

"I found Applejack, but she kept on changing the subject. I, umm, kinda had to mention Apple Bloom to her," this caused Scootaloo to blush a little. RD laughed - it still was nowhere near as embarrassing an experience as kissing two ponies in one day in front of a large amount of the population. "She was shocked, of course, but comforted me with my feelings. That when she let it out of her mouth - she's a fillyfooler! It didn't matter how much I begged, she refused to tell me about any crush of hers, though she did says she was confused about her feelings for somepony."

"Yes!" Rainbow exclaimed, spinning in the air with excitement. "Okay, you've done a good Job, Scoots, and I'm sorry you had to mention Apple Bloom. I'll make sure nothing happens concerning her, okay? Maybe I'll tell AJ to keep her mouth shut about it - after a bit of flirting, she may listen better to me. You can go back to your friends now."


Scootaloo gave Rainbow Dash a huge hug before leaving, and then Dash was alone. Haha... poor Applejack's not going to know what's hit her...

Author's Note:

This chapter is pretty long compared to the first one, but I think i may have figured out why! It's because flirting is so complicated! Though i do consider myself a somewhat good flirter... umm... when texting people... hehe. I kinda lost enthusiasm towards the end of the chapter, and I'm not sure if I kinda rushed the ending though. Seriously... Dashie has the worst luck. :facehoof: