• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 8 Comments

Fluttershy's Garden - HareTrinity



Poor Gilda, Equestria does not take well to bullies...

  • ...
11
 8
 1,199

Fluttershy's Garden

On a dark cloud sat a dark tavern and in it sat a lone griffon, drowning her sorrows. That griffon was me. My name is Gilda, and I'd just had an unpleasant experience in the pony settlement known as Ponyville.

"So I told those dweebs that I didn't need 'em!" I barked to the bartender and those around me; to anyone who would listen. At first I got a few enthusiastic replies of "Yeah!" and "Good on yer!" but quickly they tired of my complaining and moved on.

"Stupid ponies... Who needs 'em..." I had bickered to myself, still grumpy. I had been humiliated in front of a crowd, and by none other than my childhood friend. At first I'd been angry, and had thought out how I was going to respond when my friend came to apologise. As minutes turned to hours I'd realised that the apology wasn't coming. The initial pain had turned to bitterness, and I'd sought out the bar to take my mind off things. My eyes fell upon the pool table.

I'd been playing pool by myself for a while when a soft voice asked, "You're taking your time with that drink, aren't you?"

I'd looked around to see a cloaked figure addressing me. Short in stature and the sound of hooves against wood sounded as it approached me: A pony. Brilliant.

"So what if I am?" I snapped back.

"You just look like someone who could handle it better."

I spat and turned to look back towards the table as I chalked my cue. "Not all of us are made of money." I'd taken a lot of four-claw discounts in my time but I'd got into an argument early on in the night and now the bartender was watching me carefully.

"Want to play a game against me?"

I'd snorted. "No dice, pony. Had enough of your sort today."

"Well, I saw you cheating earlier in the card game. You know, for the money you used on that drink? So... I guess you have a choice: Either they find out or we keep that information to ourselves and while away the evening over the at the pool table. I think this way's easier, don't you?"

At that I froze. I didn't really like the vibe I got from this stranger, but I also wasn't ready to be thrown out. After weighing up the two I decided to let the pony have her game. It couldn't hurt, could it? Better than facing angry card players.

"Okay, pony. A few games."

The cloaked figure gave a tinkling laugh and offered to buy me another drink. At first I refused but after the first pleasant game, during which the attentive figure let me rant about my day to my heart's content, I found myself liking the pony. I accepted a drink. Then another.

Soon we were on their third game and I was on my fifth pint. I'd eyed the stranger blearily, head feeling surprisingly light... How strong was the stuff they served in the tavern? Either way, there wasn't much I could make out of my new friend. Just a thick, dark, cloak; its hood covering the face in darkness. I shrugged it off and turned my attention back to the game. Agter all, I was getting free drinks, what more could I ask for?

It was around those thoughts that I had stumbled, barely catching myself on the table as the cue clattered to the ground.

"I think we've been playing too long. Come, we'll stay at mine, it's not far from here..."

The cloaked figure paid for a pegasus-drawn taxi. I recall swearing at them a few times before passing out and entering a dreamless sleep...


I opened my eyes to find myself in a partially underground basement. It was pleasant enough. Through the open windows came warm sunlight and the faint smell of flowers. Distant birdsong could be heard, adding to the welcoming atmosphere of the room. It had some plush chairs at a small table, a partially finished jigsaw puzzle, an antique dolls house, and a ring of metal in the ground that my neck was chained to. Groggily, I pulled at the chain. Once, twice, and then the realisation hit me.

"AwaaaAAAHHHH!" I cried, freaking out, my feathers sticking on end. I tried my best to pull myself free from the chain, but to no avail. I was well-fastened. On top of that, I felt... Heavy. My limbs felt like sandbags.

"Rise and shine, sleepy hea- oh, you're up at last."

I looked up to see a familiar face as the pony came down the stairs. Anger boiled up inside me.

"You! You're that pony from the market!"

"My name is Fluttershy. You're in my house, you should be more polite..."

How DARE a pony talk to me like that! Had this pony chained me up? How DARE she! Whatever ridiculous pony prank this was it had gone too far!

"What are you doing with me? LET ME GO! You idiot, when I get my claws on you I'm going to-"

"Well, no food today then..." mumbled the pegasus, promptly turning and walking back up the stairs.

I felt my stomach drop and a chill went through me as the situation was realised in my mind: I was trapped and my captor seemed very casual about it. This wasn't a joke. Something was very, very, wrong with this scenario, and its foreboding implications fired off in my head as I saw the pony shut the door.

"H-Hey! Come back here!"

It was no use. I was left to spend the rest of the day alone, pulling at my restraints, screaming myself hoarse, and feeling increasingly out of my depth.


"Feeling better today?"

I opened my eyes to find Fluttershy already in the room, a tray next to my with a cup of water and a couple of apples.

"What... What do you want from me?"

"Oh, you poor thing..." Fluttershy crooned, though the pity didn't sound sincere, "It's to do with you being a bully, you see. I can't have that. Society has so many already, and somepony needs to clean them up..." She walked over to the blood red gem in the wall opposite me and tapped it. The gem gave a soft hum and glowed a little, casting a crimson light over the pony. She mumbled something, something about magic finding a way, and then started towards the stairs, kicking the tray over to me as she passed by. I eyed the food suspiciously.

"Oh, it's not poisoned. Had I wanted to do that I'd have done it alright. No... It's okay, my little one. You're mine now. The magic will take effect given time. I'm sure it's already started..."

"What do you mea-" I began, but as I looked up I saw Fluttershy's tail disappear upstairs.

Feeling sick and uneasy, I avoided the food for hours. It wasn't until late that night in a moment of weakness that I gave in. It tasted fine...


I woke to see Fluttershy talking to a rabbit. The bunny spotted that I was watching and ran off. The pony looked in my direction.

"Awake at last! My, you are a lazy one..."

"What... What's happening to me...?"

I groggily rolled onto my front and as I did so I felt something give. I looked down to my talons and screamed.

"Oh, yes, that'll happen..." mumbled Fluttershy, peering over my shoulder as I stared aghast at my claws. Once they had been well kept and strong, but before me now was a tatty mess, with one claw that had just altogether come off.

"Not to worry, you'll most likely be getting some new ones..."

I couldn't think straight; it was hard to breathe. I hadn't been sure quite what this was before but now it was clear that this pony meant actual harm! How far would this go? I was panicking, and pressed my tattered talons together to plead, "Please, stop this! Let me go!"

"Oh, I can't have that! Not after how rude you were, and it wasn't just here! It seems you're just a bully and a criminal, and I know how to deal with that!" The pony gazed off into space, her eyes glazing over with a peaceful look. Given what I was going through now, I didn't trust that look.

"I can change, I promise! Just let me go and I won't be mean, and I won't tell anyone about you, please, just-"

"Oh, I can't believe that. It's far too late now, anyway. Just hush and I'll get you some food..."

The pegasus casually trotted away and was soon back with another tray. She wouldn't reply to my pleas, but gave me a disgusted look as I weakly tried to grab onto her leg. The mare had shook myself free from my grasp and left the room, leaving me alone in a soft pile of...

I looked down. My fur and feathers were falling out.

That night I wasted my anger and desperation on futile attempts to escape before finally crying myself to sleep.


I opened my eyes and saw white. Fluffy white, like clouds... At the back of my mind stirred the memory of where I was, what was happening, but I pushed it back. For a moment I let myself dream; imagined that what I was looking at was vast skies as I soared high above Equestria, watching them roll slowly in the wind currents that-

My thoughts were shattered as I felt a chill breeze hit my side and saw the fluffy "clouds" getting carried away, up into the air where there could be no doubt of what they were. A large brown "cloud" joined them as tears welled up in my eyes. I scrunched them shut, trying to put out from my mind the image of my feathers blowing away, to resist moving my limbs as I feared what I might feel, as if the breeze hadn't told me enough: My feathers were gone.

I sobbed, tears pouring down my bare cheeks, and jumped as I heard a voice.

"All this fuss. At least you won't be the one tidying this up!"

I hadn't realised anyone else was in the room, and with great difficulty I turned to see my captor securing open the small window.

She glanced back at me and smiled, commenting idly as she finished with the window, "There's no point in leaving it closed now, after all. Best get those thoughts of your old life out of your head sooner rather than later!"

"Whaaahhhh... Whaahht... Arre yoou doooo..." I rasped, trying to catch my breath. Something was wrong with my voice. On top of this, I became aware of a horrible stench.

"Doing? Well, I'm opening the win- oh, to you? It's the magic, not me, but we're making you into something better. You'll see."

The pony lay down next to me and stroked a hoof gently over my bald head. I wanted to recoil as far back as the chain would let me, but I didn't have the strength to do so; I barely had enough to wince away from her touch.

"You're going to be so lovely..." murmured the pegasus, "You'll see... Once this is over you'll be so much better..."

I shuddered, both from the chill and the feeling her words gave me. Fluttershy tittered softly and went about clearing up the feathers and fur. I forced myself to look at my body and choked back a sob as I saw that my fur was mostly gone too. My skin was mostly bare; it had become an ugly canvas of bumps and wrinkles. As for my glorious wings, they had been reduced to fleshy stumps that... I couldn't move them? A new terror formed inside me as I looked closer. My wings were discoloured, bruised. In parts they were going grey! That smell... It was my wings? I couldn't believe it and tried to touch them, to rub some feeling back into them, but my limbs would barely respond. Claws from my hind legs fell off as I tried to move. I felt sick, but a fear inside my gut pushed me to keep trying to help my wings. Keeping my legs as still as possible I rubbed my beak against my bare wings. The stench was almost unbearable and I could couldn't feel a thing, but I kept trying. I had always loved my wings: My travel, my livelihood, my hobbies... All needed and were enriched by these limbs. Even without feathers, I still wanted to move them... Fluttershy tutted, and went to fetch a mop. She brought back a bowl of water too. Several animals had also followed her down: Birds, rodents, a few others. They stayed back by the stairs, watching me intently.

"The next part will probably hurt, by the way."

I glared at the pony, throat too dry to respond, but getting as much hatred as I could into my eyes to let Fluttershy know that, whatever was to come, no pain could compare to the rage I felt then.

I was wrong.

The pony had said something about speeding up the process, and about being around to clean up the mess, but I couldn't believe that had anything to do with it. This pony was enjoying it as, speaking soothing words, she reached up and took a grip on one of my wings, ignoring my hoarse cries of complaint. I could barely move: I couldn't fight or escape. I could just watch in hatred and brace myself as I expected to see and feel my wing bones break. I waited for the sharp twist or bite that would do it, but Fluttershy just pulled back at the wing went with her, tearing off from its roots. I screamed, panicking, trying to grab my wing back, but my movements were sluggish and the wing was already gone. There was nothing I could do. Even as I saw the last tendon snap I could have sworn that I could still feel my wing's nerves, still try to move it, even after the lifeless lump was dropped onto the floor and the pony moved onto the second wing. The pain was sickening and the sight moreso. I tried shutting my eyes as Fluttershy took my second wing but it couldn't block out the horrible pain, nor stop the cool air alerting me to the exposed wound that remained. A strange skittering noise caused me to open my eyes, and I saw that our audience joined in: The various animals that had followed the pony down rushed forward to grab what had once been mine! They picked at the wings, fighting over the chunks of discoloured flesh as they were pulled from the bones. I watched as my beloved wings were torn apart by tens of little mouths. I passed out.


I wasn't sure how many days it was, but to me it felt unending. Only vaguely aware of the days and nights, I must have spent at least a week writhing in pain, passing out only to be woken up by the same feeling. My limbs felt like they were being pulled apart at the bone, and my ribs hurt like nothing I'd ever felt before, like they were being torn open towards my spine. I felt like the whole of my skeleton was on fire, threatening to burn me up and tear me into pieces. Worst was my head, when that started: It was as if my brain were expanding out, trying to burst free from my skull.

"Hush now, quiet now, it's time lay your sleepy head..."

At one point I'd heard singing. The tune was familiar...

"Hush now, quiet now, don't wish that you were dead..."

I wasn't sure how much of it was just a hallucination, but the cold words haunted the few bizarre dreams I had, twisting them into nightmares.

One day I woke up feeling numb.

"I do wish the magic wouldn't be quite so... Well, so messy. Magic is as magic does, I suppose, but you'd think it could do it with less chance of infection... Still, I don't think she'll have any scars."

My eyes were starting to focus now. My beak was huge, towering up in front of my eyes; I couldn't even see the top... Slowly I turned my head and took in the sight of my body. I started to dry heave at the scene: My body was gone and a horrible lump of deformed flesh had replaced it. What was once my back was now horribly hunched, my limbs were ugly, fleshy, stumps, and my wings... The memories came flooding back and I started to wretch again, though nothing came up.

"Oh, don't much such a fuss, I gave you plenty of pain treatments and it's nearly over!" scolded a now familiar voice, "I intend to give you some food soon, I hope you do TRY to keep it down!"

Suddenly I realised how big the room was around me. Had I been moved in my pained state? Yet... It all looked so familiar. What was happening to me?

Eventually some sort of gruel was poured down my throat. It didn't sit well with my stomach, which hadn't had anything in it for a while, and it hurt. It hurt quite a lot and as the pain treatments began to wear off it hurt a lot more: Sharp pangs at first but getting worse. I cried out. It sounded like a croak.

"Sorry, can't have you under all the time, it wouldn't be healthy!"

With that Fluttershy bid I goodnight. I tried to protest but but the words would no longer form. Fluttershy turned off the light and I was left in the dark, alone, with the pain rapidly seeping back into my body.

That pony kept talking as if this was necessary, but I had been a bully myself and I could recognise the signs: The pony was enjoying this. For all her talk of righteousness, she was a sadist on the inside. Worst of all, I was her prisoner, and she was seeming happier about it by the day...


It was as if a storm had passed. My body felt sore, but not burningly painful. I stared at the window from where I was. The sky was dimly lit. It was either very early or just after dusk... I wondered which, staring at it and feeling more peaceful than I had for... More peaceful than I had since before I came to visit these cursed ponies.

The sky was getting brighter. Dawn, then. I watched as the hours passed and slowly the sky turned a pale blue and birds began to sing.

"Oh, you look so much better!" chimed the voice of my captor.

I winced away from the voice and the world went dark.

"Ah, that's so cute! The magic picked such an adorable form for you, yes it did!"

I moved my neck forward a little and found myself peeking out at the pony through a doorway of some sort.

"Oh, don't be scared! Look, doesn't this make you feel better?"

Fluttershy was holding up a ring of metal. It was attached to a chain that lead to the floor... My eyes widened as I realised what it was: The metal collar! It was off! I was free!

I slowly moved back, intending to subtly wiggle out of whatever had covered my head, but I was just moving backwards. Whatever it was it was attached to me, some sort of new collar perhaps? There was also something heavy attached to my body, but I decided I could deal with that later. Wings or no wings, claws or no claws: It was now or never! I pushed myself forward, my legs moving strangely but moving me forwards nonetheless. I was doing it! I reached the foot of the stairs and tried my best to get up and... It wasn't possible. From behind me I heard the pony's soft giggles.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! Still, it is time for you to go outside now. Let's get you moving, shall we?"

I was hoisted up the stairs and taken outside to a small enclosure where I was plopped down on the grass.

"This is your new home now! Oh, and I suppose you should see your new form too..."

A picture of a reptile was put in front of me. It took me a moment to realise that it was a mirror.

"You're a tortoise now, aren't you lovely? I suppose it's the magic's way of saying you need to slow down to enjoy life or such..."

I stared, unable to comprehend what was in front of me. I... I was a griffon! How could I look like this? What had happened?

As if in answer to my thoughts, Fluttershy elaborated, "You see, some types just aren't good for society as they are, and it's my job to take care of that... I tend to that helpful gem I showed you, and I look after those during mid-transformation, and in return society gets rid of its problems and I get a nice little cottage and more animal friends!"

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the mirror. This was too unreal. This had to be some sort of horrible trick.

"And we ARE friends now, aren't we? After all, you need me to understand and look after you. I don't get many visitors, so I'm all you've got. Well, I suppose you might get adopted, but you'd need somepony looking for a pet..."

I kept staring at the mirror. The pony patted me on the head and flew away, leaving me in an enclosure surrounded by small animals. Eventually I sought out a corner to lie down in, still in shock. It wasn't until later that night that it hit me, and, tired from the transformation though I was, I sobbed as best I could in my new body. Were the other animals here like me or was I alone? I couldn't tell, but I certainly felt alone...

After the first couple of days Fluttershy didn't even bother shutting the gate. I didn't try to leave though: Where would I have gone? I didn't know how to get around without my flight, and I could no longer talk. I was stuck. Stuck being pampered by my captor, who now seemed convinced that I was grateful for her. I let her believe that, but every so often, in my lowest points, I caught a glint in her eye... Part of me suspected that she did know I still hated her, and that she enjoyed that. Enjoyed being all I had whilst my new body kept me prisoner.

I needed a miracle.


"Now Rainbow, my dear, I cannot express my delight!"

On that line I saw my childhood friend come back into my life. It was almost a year since I'd been trapped in this nightmare, and at first I hid in my shell. I was scared to be seen like this. Part of me was still angry, even, for in a way it had been Rainbow Dash's fault that I'd ended up in that tavern all those months ago. Then, as I listened, I realised why she was here: She was trying to adopt an animal! A way out of this garden of horrors had presented itself and the path was clear: I had to get her to choose me!

Fluttershy was showing her a kitten. To my relief, Rainbow Dash said she'd pass. I still had a chance! I approached her as fast as I could. I managed to reach her, to tap her on the leg, and she... Kicked me aside. Damn that pony! I wasn't going to be put off, however. Fluttershy couldn't stop me: Rainbow Dash and I had been friends for years, no matter how our last encounter had gone there HAD to still be a bond there!

Rainbow Dash was obsessed over finding something "awesome" and flying. In some ways it felt like she was describing the old me... I felt a knot in my stomach as I remembered how I had once been, but I shook the thoughts out of my head and focused on the current situation: I had to get noticed!

I kept trying to no avail, but soon the ponies had decided that a contest would be held. A contest for the flying animals... Fine. I would enter, I had to!

I headed towards the event as quickly as I could when suddenly a laugh rung out. It was quiet, but a cruel edge developed before it stopped.

"Oh, you want to try, do you? Of course you do, she was your friend, after all..."

I retreated into my shell but was scooped up by Fluttershy.

"It's okay, you can go!"

I could?

"Don't look so surprised, we're friends now, aren't we? If you really want to race against fliers then why not?"

I felt sure she was plotting something, but I had my chance. That would do.

She set me back on my way. Up ahead I could see Rainbow Dash talking to the other candidates. I still hadn't made it by the time Dash started talking, so Fluttershy flew back over and moved me closer, speaking in a patronising tone.

"Now just pay attention, and try your best..."

"Seriously, Fluttershy, the turtle?" scoffed my friend, "What did you bring that thing here for?"

"Technically, he's a tortoise..."

I was male now? Or was this just for added humiliation?

"...And he's always dreamed of being somepony's pet."

Well, technically I'd most recently dreamed of escaping the horror of living with the creature responsible for robbing me of my true form, but close enough. For whatever delusional reason, it seemed that Fluttershy really would help me for this.

"He just wants a chance to compete, he won't get in your way. You won't even know he's here."

Heh, we'd see about that. I was ready to win back my friend and escape from this madmare's clutches! I stared at Rainbow Dash intently. Couldn't she tell who I was?

She stared back, then scowled. "No!"

Damn it, Dash!

"Oh, just let him try!" pleaded the yellow pegasus.

"There's no way he can possibly keep up!" She pushed me onto my back. "Look at him!"

I rolled back again.

"It won't hurt to let him TRY!"

"But-!"

"Just let him TRY!" insisted Fluttershy, pushing me up against my old friend's face. Dash angrily gave in and, after warning me that it wasn't a game, turned back to the other animals. As if I was the one who needed telling that this wasn't a game! This wasn't a game, this was my CHANCE!

"Now, these games..." she continued.

What a dweeb.

She showed off a little and then started the race. I didn't do well, but then I knew I couldn't compete. Once upon a time, back when I was whole, I'd have won by a long shot, but now... Now I had to rely on rekindling the spark of friendship between us, or have Dash work out who I was, though I didn't hold up much hope for the latter.

The next task was "braveness" (taking a cat's toy). I retreated into my shell and slowly crept to behind the animal, then pushed its carrier over onto it. Too slow to succeed, but my shell took the blows no problem. Sadly this show of courage and tact was ignored. What did a grounded griffon have to do to get noticed?

Next: Noises. I tried to talk, to roar, to ANYTHING, but it just came out as croaks. She passed over me without comment again, and I didn't do much better on her "awesome" test. Maybe I should have spent more of my time trying to learn to do tricks with this ridiculous body.

At least for "radical" side I felt confident my shell could take most hits, and so Fluttershy helped me set up a dangerous course to show off. She kept talking to me in that baby voice. Did she think I'd have lost my mind? No matter, however, for the course looked good! Finally my chance came up, Dash was watching, and all I had to do was jump onto the spring to... I missed. The curtains drew. My childhood friend came to further berate me. I kept staring into her eyes, hoping that she'd pick up on whatever body language kept allowing Fluttershy to understand me. All that happened was that she told me to go home, and called me creepy. Well, maybe I'd be less creepy if I hadn't gone through a torturous experience, Dash! Maybe I'd be more myself if I were still a griffon and didn't need to get it through your thick skull that I was in need of help!

Still, Fluttershy helped me over to the last part of the contest, which was... ANOTHER race. Of course.

I watched as Dash and the animals started off. Why couldn't the last part have been something that this useless body was good for? I fell down the starter ledge for a rolling start, then stood and pushed myself as fast as I could go. Damnit, Dash! This is MY CHANCE! I couldn't spend the rest of a ridiculously long life with that psychotic torturer! I had to get out! I needed a friend's help more than ever and there was only one friend around these ridiculous creatures!

There came a loud sound from up ahead. It was shortly followed by what sounded like melodrama. Dash had stopped flying?Turning the corner I saw why: She'd been trapped by a falling boulder and was needlessly worrying that she'd be stuck forever. Perfect! At last, a chance to prove myself!

Before anyone else came to the rescue, I dug a small hole under the boulder and, using all my strength, lifted it up enough to free her wing. She looked at me with awe, like she had the first time she'd seen me fly at full speed, all those years ago. At last! I had her attention again!

"Forget what I said before, you ARE awesome!" Dash cried, and hugged me. I had my friend back!


Together we crossed exited the gorge. She'd seemed well enough to walk really, but I knew she liked to be lazy, and I'd have done about anything to ensure I "won" this contest. Her dweeby little friends and my torturer came rushing over, with the finish line, as we approached. Dash and I crossed it together.

Her friends were happy to see her, and the subject went back to her new pet. Dash told me she owed me one, but then Fluttershy called her attention over to the falcon, the race's winner. The sleek bird of prey flew up and landed on Dash's back. I started to worry. Had she forgotten me already? The white unicorn took a photo and the bright flash sent me panicking back into my shell. The torture hadn't done wonders for my nerves... Dash came to comfort me.

"Easy, fella. Nothing to be afraid of. The falcon sure does looks cool... He's absolutely everything I wanted in a pet." My friend sighed.

"Yay?" added my captor.

I mentally urged Dash to drop her stupid rules and choose me. Hadn't I proven myself?

"...But I said whoever crosses the finish line with me gets to be my pet!"

...Or find a loophole, that works too. Her pink friend excitedly confirmed that those were the rules.

"And the only racer who crossed the finish line with me was the one who stopped to save me when I needed help. The tortoise!"

...I'd done it!

"Spike, take a letter. Dear Princess Celestia... I used to think that the most important traits to look for in a pet, or any best friend-"

I felt a lump form in my throat as she said that. Best friend... I was one of her best friends again.

As she spoke I went for a rematch with the aggressive feline, this time succeeding in taking her toy by tricking her. It wasn't quite the same as stealing from markets but it felt good to show off. Dash and her friends were still talking, and now my friend added, "You just can't stop that little guy. He's like a... like a... Tank!

"But Rainbow!" cried Fluttershy, "You didn't want a pet that couldn't fly because it would keep you grounded and hold you back, remember?"

Oh, but now she has ME, you disgusting creature, and once she finds out who I am and what you've done it's all going to fall apart!

"Hmm... Oh, I've got an idea! Come on, Tank!"

Dash and I headed off towards town. I glanced back to see Fluttershy watching in surprise. She didn't look as worried or angry as I'd expected but that didn't matter. I had my freedom and soon I'd have my revenge.

Eventually the others were out of sight. The day was cloudy but warm and the air smelt sweet. It reminded me of when I'd first come to Ponyville. That day I'd been so excited to spend time with my old friend... Even though I was now twisted out of shape I couldn't help but feel the same: I had her back. Some of the damage of my visit was repaired. Now all I had to do was find a way to communicate with her...

"Hey... That's you, isn't it Gilda?"

I stopped. She knew who I was? She'd recognised me! I happily croaked as I looked up at her.

"Yeah... I knew Fluttershy probably had you, but that stuff kinda freaks me out, and I was still kind of angry about our argument..."

What?

"Still, I'm sorry I didn't visit, but you understand, right?"

She... She'd known what was happening to me?

"Hey, who woulda thought YOU would be a TORTOISE though, right? Ha... Ha... Yeah, it's not funny..."

She'd KNOWN?

Apparently some of my incredulous feelings had come through. "Come on, don't look at me like that! I wouldn't have been allowed to interfere anyway, it's pony law that non-ponies caught breaking certain rules are put forward for "transforeformation" or whatever they're calling it now. Even Princess Celestia herself supports it! It's only secret from non-ponies, and it keeps the peace between nations, it's... Necessary. I mean, it's kind of creepy to me, but Fluttershy says it isn't so bad and, hey, it's better than prison, right? 'Cause you can still go outside and stuff?"

I'd have glared but I was too shocked. This cruel punishment wasn't unusual?

"I mean sure, it's kinda rough, what with it being permanent, but you're my pet now! We're going to have a lot of fun! There are these magical propellers that some pegasus ponies use for decorating, and I bet we can fix you up with one of those and you'll be flying about in no time!"

I... Was still trapped...


"C'mon, Tank! We're gonna be late for our very first Pony Pet Playdate!"

Was... Harder... To... Think... Now...

Every... Moment... Slower...

Felt... Better... Though...

With... Friend... At... Last...

Comments ( 7 )

What. The. Fuck...
Fuckin weird as hell but I have to give you props. Everything fit together so well and was very clever. I liked it. It was well written. cheers

3432949
Thank you! :twilightsmile: There are actually a number of reasons I did this story:

(a) Much as I'm sure all of the mane 6 have been converted into crazed killers by now (probably with the red-and-black eyes of classic creepypasta) I thought it was a shame that I'd seen nothing of Fluttershy as the eerie, almost motherly, sadist. Not sure how well I did it, but that's what I was going for.

(b) It's an in-joke of the fandom that something terrible happened to Gilda for making Fluttershy cry.

(c) Pleasure Island from the Pinocchio tale: A place where bad behaviour is punished with forced transformation into a small equine. I don't think enough crossovers with MLP have been done! (I even considered "Pleasure Garden" as a title as a nod to this, but realised that would imply an entirely different type of story! :rainbowderp:)

(d) Tank seemed to really want to become Dash's pet even though, for all appearances, he'd be better off with Fluttershy.

(e) After Tank's S3 appearance (JFS), some people pointed out that he seemed less alert and intelligent than in MTBPW.

Ta-da! :pinkiehappy:

I really like this, there really are not very many psycho Fluttershy stories, this one isn't the best, but its pretty good. You are quickly becoming my favorite fimfic writer, to the favorites it goes. :heart: :raritywink:

3456306
Ah, thank you!

Though now I'm curious... Which story has the best Psychoshy? :pinkiehappy: I've only seen HotDiggedyDemon's.

3431750 Anything having to do with Cherrilee's Garden?

3466490
Actually just to sound deceptively nice as a reference to Pleasure Island (from the story of Pinocchio). I considered "Pleasure Garden" as a title but decided that would imply the wrong type of story!

Login or register to comment