• Published 3rd Aug 2016
  • 1,616 Views, 25 Comments

Fall of Equestria: Photography and Magic. - Gizmo Hibiki



Frank West was just about to sign a fangirl her autograph, but then is just out of nowhere transported to a world were mares and stallions have been turned into zombies. Fantastic...

  • ...
27
 25
 1,616
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 3 )

Octavia went up to him and smiled. "Where did you learn to speak like that?" Frank smirked. "Just a few words I picked up from a buddy I met during movie production, nothing too fancy." Featherweight chuckled. "Well, at least it worked. All we can do now is plan for our next move."

Break up this dialogue. The dialogue is blended together like a group of people speaking over each other.


As it is written it can be read:

Octavia approaches him and smiles. Frank says "Where did you learn to speak like that?"

Featherweight chuckles "Just a few words I picked up from a buddy I met during movie production, nothing too fancy."

"Well, at least it worked. All we can do now is plan for our next move" Frank replied.

To clarify: The confusion is caused by the grammar marks. Without line breaks a reader can't always know whether the emotive descriptor is associated with the dialogue prior to or after it.


Dialogue divided and marks reduced:

Octavia went up to him smiling "Where did you learn to speak like that?"

Frank smirked "Just a few words I picked up from a buddy I met during movie production; nothing too fancy."

"Well, at least it worked. All we can do now is plan for our next move" Featherweight chuckled.

or just break the line like:

Octavia went up to him and smiled. "Where did you learn to speak like that?"

Frank smirked. "Just a few words I picked up from a buddy I met during movie production, nothing too fancy."

Featherweight chuckled. "Well, at least it worked. All we can do now is plan for our next move."

Regardless of grammar, the point is to separate each speaker.
With that aside I also just noticed that the group of survivors started banging on the door and yelling without actually knowing if the house was occupied or even locked.

10369068
Done and done. Thanks for that.

I like, that this fanfics is alive

Login or register to comment