• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

Without a second thought, I leapt into the fray, seizing a nearby boathook as a rudimentary weapon. With my first charge, I tripped one of the pirates and shoved him roughly off the deck, to land in a loud splash below. The sharkponies gave way, not expecting to face such fierce opposition, and I quickly rallied the marsupials behind me. Together we held our ground, pausing to see whether the sharks would attack or flee.

Then the shark I had shoved overboard resurfaced, leaping back onto the deck. He was a muscular beast, and from the deference the other invaders granted him, I realized that he must be their leader. He sized me up cautiously, and then a crooked grin broke out over his face.

I barely had time to prepare myself before he was upon me, fighting with the strength and tenacity of a demon. I tried to bring my improvised weapon to bear, but he caught hold of the shaft in his jaws and with one terrific crunch, shattered the wood in twain.

Undeterred, I fought back, but his strength was more than I could bear. He forced me over to the rail of the ship, as if I were a mere colt, roughhousing with a stallion.

“I must repay you,” his deep voice rasped out, in accented Equestrian. And then, wrapping his forelegs around my torso, he leapt overboard, dragging me down with him.

I struggled valiantly as we plunged into the depths…
I froze, clutching my assailant as we hit the water…