• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

My head was full of complicated feelings as I turned back to Sawtooth and motioned at the reef around me in some frustrated, wordless kind of explanation. I don’t know that he understood, but he gave me a slow nod in return as I swept a foreleg across at the beauty and tranquility surrounding us. Letting out a deep breath, I relaxed, floating in the water, and he swam up to take hold of me again, albeit somewhat gingerly.

From there, he allowed me to direct our journey onward. We spent quite a time exploring the vibrant locale, and the awe-inspiring sights in the place cheered me tremendously. It seemed as if some new wonder lay around every corner that we turned, and Sawtooth eagerly led me to all manners of delights throughout the beautiful reef.

When we finally, reluctantly left, I turned my head back for one last glimpse. Sawtooth noticed my motion and turned. For a moment, we hung there in the water together, enjoying the peaceful moment as we drank in the beautiful vista.

It was late by the time we arrived back in the city...