• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

Eschewing the city proper, I explored the outskirts, making a circuit around the remarkable wall of water shimmering in place behind some kind of magic field. I could see fish darting back and forth right outside, not seeming to notice or care about the oddity of a bubble of air here at the bottom of the sea.

Midway around the city, the soft sand of the ocean’s floor abruptly dropped off into a deep chasm. Jagged rocks lined the edge of the crevasse, and the interior was such an inky black that I could not tell how deep it went. Overwhelmed with curiosity, I kicked a small rock inside, counting under my breath as I listened for the sound of it striking bottom.

After thirty seconds, and nothing but eerie silence I backed away. Something about the place left me ill at ease, and I trotted back towards the city, abandoning my plans for a walk all the way around the border.

I headed to the market to procure provisions for my mistress and myself…
A nearby ship described as a cathedral drew my interest...