• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

“I’m sure he’s fine,” I said.

My eyes focused on where the line disappeared into the darkness in front of us. The only sound was the high-pitched whirring as the line rapidly reeled in. When I saw a hazy figure move in the darkness, at first I relaxed in relief.

Then I saw that it wasn’t Crankshaft at all. A pale figure, equine in shape but eyeless and alien in features swam rapidly towards us.

Minnow let out a shriek, but the creature swam right over us. A moment later it was followed by a second, and then a third.

By the time Crankshaft appeared, limbs flailing as the line pulled him closer, countless of the horrifying creatures had passed us by. And I knew the only place they could be going was the city.

When he stumbled out of the airlock and jerked his helmet off, I worried that we would already be too late.

“We have to go,” I gasped out. “Back to the city. Hurry!”