• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

To my pleasant surprise, Sawtooth sought me out the next day, with a rather interesting offer. He explained that he wished me to accompany him to an unknown destination, to show me some kind of surprise. The vagueness in his description left me both wary and unmistakably curious.

Of course, I pointed out that surviving outside the city would be rather difficult for an earth pony such as myself, but he proudly grinned as he presented a mask, with glass protecting the eyes and a series of tubes around the mouth. It had been crafted by a friend, he explained, and enchanted to transmute ocean water into oxygen for its wearer.

Had it been any other sharkpony, I likely would have dismissed the offer out of hoof--they certainly had already demonstrated a predilection for piracy, though I likely did not have much more for them to steal. But Sawtooth struck me as a creature of a different sort. I saw a certain kind of nobility and strength in his character.

I eagerly accepted his proposition...
Nonetheless, I declined the opportunity...