• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

Then came a terrible silence, followed by an even more terrible noise. I felt the briefest crackle of magic across my coat and realized what had happened, just as a crashing, rushing boom flung our vessel back and forth.

Mon Soleil!” I cried out. “The magic is failing, and the sea is coming in!”

Madame Fog braced herself against the door, as we tumbled end over end, thrown hither and yon by the force of the ocean currents.

When the tumult ceased, I was on my back, upside down. We were still bobbing up and down, but it appeared that the danger had passed. Madame Fog paused, and then gingerly opened the hatch.

We were at the surface, floating in our small diving bell. The stars above glittered, mirrored in the surprisingly calm surface of the sea. In all directions, water spread out uninterrupted as the dark sea and the horizon merged into one.

“What do we do now?” I wondered out loud.

“We press on,” my mistress said grimly.

[ENDING A]