• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 824 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 824

.

A nearby ship described as a cathedral drew my interest. From the outside, it looked like one more cargo steamer, overgrown with algae and studded with barnacles. But upon entering the vessel, I immediately recognized the iconography on display as religious, as foreign as the sight may have been.

The interior of the ship was one cavernous room, with a single raised dais at the center. Elaborate statuary ringed the dais and hung suspended from the ceiling, formed of spirals and abstract shapes. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the white colors indicated not stone or coral, but rather bone, carved into their elaborate shapes. At the very center, a rounded stone floated in the air, glowing with a telltale aura of magic.

A single figure paced slowly around the circumference of the dais, intoning something in the rough language of the sharkponies. As I stepped forward, she ceased her revolution and turned to me, pulling the hood back from her head. The priestess--if indeed that was what she was--was surprisingly young, and her eyes were bright but guarded.

“Welcome, visitor. What brings you to my sanctum?”

“Can you tell me about your faith?” I inquired...
“What is this stone?” I asked…
“I hadn’t expected to see such a shrine in your city,” I said...