• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 301 Views, 2 Comments

The Queen of Equestria (A Partially Next Generation Story) - Dragongirl2502



Fiera, or FireStorm, is sent to Ponyville by her mother, the rightful Queen of Equestria, to complete a mission. However, when she meets ponies who actually want to be friends, will her motives change?

  • ...
 2
 301

Chapter One

Author's Note:

This is a major edit of the Chapter One! I realized I write much better in third person than first so I switched them. Sorry I haven't posted the next chapter yet I've been really busy with school.

A white-scaled dragon slunk through the tall, dry grass, stalking her prey. Her senses worked in overdrive; her claws never made a sound. A bright red wing with orange webbing flashed in the sunlight directly in front of her, causing her to pounce on the unsuspecting creature. Her claws dug into the red scales of a smaller dragon’s back, the victim yelping in surprise. The red dragon was tackled to the ground. Holding up her claws to shield her face, she squeezed her eyes shut as the white dragon stood over her, grinning in a maniacal way.

“That wasn’t fair, Fiera.” The red dragon whined in defeat.

“Sure it wasn’t.” The larger white dragon replied sarcastically. She got up, letting her prey stumbled to her feet. The red dragon, Kina, was a close friend of the white dragon, Fiera. Kina, a dragon of a smaller species than her friend, was fiery red with sharp orange spines running down her back, all the way from her neck to the tip of her tail. Her eyes, a sky blue, were accented by darker scales on her brow. Her orange horns curved down like a ram’s, protecting the sides of her face. Her wings had several small yellow spots covering their tips, the spikes at the end of her tail sporting the same color.

Kina stuck out her blue tongue in response to Fiera’s sarcasm and with that, sprung into the air. Flapping her wings, she covered Fiera in dust clouds.

Fiera smirked, launching into the wind after her. Kina laughed and soared higher, her friend right on her tail. Bursting through the cloud layer, the friends glided in the soft winds, taking in the beautiful blue sky.

With a sigh and another laugh, Kina backflipped and tucked her wings, Fiera following her lead. The wind ripped at their faces as they rocketed towards the ground, adrenaline rushing through their veins. With a shriek of delight, Kina snapped her wings open but Fiera kept hers tucked, falling ever closer to the unforgiving earth.

“Fiera!” Kina cried desperately.

Finally, Feira opened her wings swooping upwards and over the Kina. Kina frowned and hit her with her tail.

“Show off.” She grumbled.

Fiera smirked and pushed ahead. They flew over several small mountains and into a dark forest. Alighting down near a lake, they stretched out on the warm sandy banks. It didn’t long for the tired dragons to fall asleep.

After about an hour, Kina awoke, flicking her friend with her wing to wake her as well. Fiera yawned and got to her feet clumsily. She stretched out her front legs then her back, rocking from one to the other, then flapped her wings to clear them of dust. She trotted over to the cool lake and leaned out from the shore, lapping at the water with her red tongue. With her thirst quenched, she waded into the shallows and rolled around, letting the water run through her pristine white scales. She was mostly white, except for a few light blue stripes along her back and tail. She stood up and shook fiercely, water flying from her short orange and yellow striped mane that ran from her forehead to the tip of her tail. Turning her golden and green eyes to the sky, she watched the clouds pass by for a minute before shaking off her powerful wings, the membranes silvery in the sunlight, and lifting her tail from the water. She flexed the two large silver fins at the end of her tail causing most of the water to run off of them. She held her tail above the water and waded to shore, shaking her head to clear the water from her wolf-like ears and dry her pointy, short gray horns.

“Finished?” Kina sighed in boredom. She hated water and refused to get her scales wet.

“Yep!” Feira said smirking before tossing her head and splashing her friend in the face.

“Hey!” Kina hissed sharply, rubbing her face.

Feira smiled again, adjusting her silver and black dragon bracelet and two gold earrings before laying out to dry in the sun. She yawned and closed her eyes, but suddenly jolted awake.

“Bones!” She cursed before stumbling to her feet.

Kina flinched and looked at her worried. “What’s wrong?”

“I have to go, it’s past noon. Oh, my dad’s gonna kill me.” Feira cried before bounding away, spreading her wings and leaping into the sky.

Kina watched her friend go, concern marring her face.

Fiera flapped her wings, gaining height. She saw her destination up ahead, but also a chilling sight. Her father stood at the entrance to her family’s cave, which was halfway up dragon mountain.

Feira gliding softly down towards him, landing quietly with her head hung in shame. “I’m sorry, dad.”

A dragon twice her size towered over her, his copper scales sparkling in the light. His golden eyes burned with anger and he held his head in a threatening position. His strong wings twitched and his tail flicked side to side, the black blade growing from it gleaming menacingly.

“You left the cave, again.” He stated matter-of-factly, his voice calm but hard.

Feira said nothing.

“Go to your room, your mother will be in there shortly.”

Feira nodded and walked off, trudging further into the cave and down a side tunnel. She entered a small room illuminated by torchlight. A small flat “bed” of sorts lay at one end. It was made of straw covered with several layers of animal hides. A rickety shelf stood against the opposite side, struggling to stand up against the curved walls. It held a few books and a handful of clothes, but not much else.

Feira walked over to sit in front of a small mirror, frowning at her reflection.


A pony walked into the room, smiling a very regal smile. She posed her head just so, her horn standing out proudly on her brow, and held her wings out slightly. She usually did this to remind me who was in charge.

Fiera jumped before turning around and bowing her head, spreading her wings formally. “Hello, mother.” She said stiffly.

“Hello, darling.” The white alicorn drawled with another fake smile, “Your father seemed upset.” She pushed her orange mane away from her face to look at Feira with her bright green eyes, a challenge glinting in the hues.

Feira only stared at her claws in shame. Her mother sighed and tsked at her.

“No matter, I’ve come to tell you something very important.” Fiera sat up at this, apprehension building in her stomach. She folded her wings to her sides and curled her tail around her feet.

“You’ve been trained since you were little to be a warrior, it’s time you use your skills to help in the dragon war.”She sighed, walking over to adjust the mirror. “We’re having a meeting tomorrow, 0500 sharp. In the west caves at the base of the mountain. I expect you to be there.”

It wasn’t exactly a question so Fiera simply dipped her head in acknowledgment.

Her mother glanced back at her once before saying goodbye and leaving the room.

Once she had disappeared around the corner, Fiera trudged over and sank down onto her bed, knowing tomorrow would be a very eventful day.

Fiera yawned heavily as she walked into a dimly lit cave. A large circular stone, working as a makeshift table, took up the center of the room. Small cushions made of animal hide were placed around it so the dragons may sit somewhat comfortably. Maps hung on the walls, marking battles, loses, wins, and target cities. One such map lay on the table, rolled up for the time being.

Fiera looked around but saw neither her father nor mother in the room. There were, however, several other fierce looking dragons that had stopped their business to stare at the juvenile who did not belong among them. With all of them being at the very least six hundred years old and all high ranking warriors in the king’s army, it was incredulous that a mere sixteen-year-old had just walked into a private meeting.

Fiera gulped and lowered her wings, warily crossing the room to sit on a flat and low ranking cushion at the table.

A gray dragon with a purple underbelly a few cushions away from Fiera looked at her with narrow eyes and hissed in anger. Fiera dropped her gaze and folded her ears back, not wanting to start a fight.

The older dragon went to get up when a dull blue dragon held out his hand to subdue her. He shook his head at the gray dragon and walked away.

The gray dragon glared at Fiera once more before taking her seat again.

Fiera breathed a sigh of relief. She was lucky the blue dragon had come along. He had only been able to subdue the angry dragon because he was one of the few dragon lords here. Even though all of the dragons here were the highest ranking in the army, only the top of these dragons were allowed to be dragon lords. It used to be different, that is, before Cobre had changed the rules only two decades ago. Although Cobre was the king of the dragons, other dragons, the dragon lords, ruled over each of the dragon’s territories. The had to obey the king but were given certain ruling freedoms. They had all earned their positions, a fight with them meant death.

Fiera hunched her shoulders, praying no one else would care enough to fight her. She blew a few strands of mane from her eyes and glanced up. Her father was approaching the entrance to the cave, the dragons bowing in respect before quickly taking their seats. A cloaked figure, much smaller than a dragon, followed her father closely.

Fiera tensed at the sight of the mysterious attendant, realizing almost immediately who it was.

Fiera’s father smiled, not a friendly or happy smile, but the smile a king gives his court, knowing he is their superior.

A green dragon at the back of the room laughed. “Have you brought us yet another hatchling, Cobre? Was one not enough? Are you insisting we poison our good ranks with the stupidity of children?”

All eyes were on the green dragon, including Fiera who quickly hung her head in shame at his comment.

A rumbling growl from the entrance to the cave made everyone flinch and shift their gaze back to their king.

“Rhaegos, make your way to the front,” Cobre commanded, her voice rumbling with anger.

The green dragon, Rhaegos, stood slowly and strutted confidently towards his king. Rhaegos was a few feet taller than Cobre, and from what Fiera had heard of him, thought he should be king. He had already made it clear that he would be challenging Cobre this winter at the Dragon King Challenge.

He stood in front of Cobre, a smirk on his face, holding his head high and wings upwards in a show of false authority.

This only angered Cobre more.

“Not only have you insulted those I have specifically chosen to attend this meeting, you continue to believe you are the rightful king. I have defended my title for two decades, defeating hundreds of challengers. What makes you think you could ever be king?” Cobre’s golden eyes burned with malice and his tail twitched side to side in agitation.

“You may have ruled thousand’s of years ago, but if no one remembers you, it means you weren’t powerful enough to be remembered. Simply put, I know more of the modern dragon ways than you, Cobre. I know of fire hotter than a volcano’s, and strength surpassing your own.” Rhaegos smirked in contempt.

With speed far faster than comprehensible, Rhaegos was held squirming against the wall, pinned by Cobre’s claws on his throat.

“I would kill you here and now, but that would simply be too easy for me. Instead, I will make an example of you.” Cobre whispered in his ear, Rhaegos’ eyes bulging in fear. Cobre dropped him sharply, Rhaegos gasping for air in a heap on the floor. “Elementis? Would you do the honor, dear?”

“Gladly,” The cloaked figure laughed. A white hoof reached up to.

Every dragon in the room gasped as Fiera’s mother was revealed to them.

The white alicorn stood confidently, regarding Rhaegos with a smirk.

“You’ve let one of them into our base!? You're more stupid than I thought!” Rhaegos spat, glaring at Cobre.

Several of the dragon’s mumbled uneasily among themselves, plagued by the same thought.

Cobre laughed. “Let me introduce Elementis, my wife, and your queen. Elementis? Do you mind taking him outside while you’re...teaching him a lesson. These maps are new and I would hate for them to be messed up.”

Elementis smiled manically before lifting the struggling dragon up in her magic and leaving the cave, Rhaegos spouting curses in protest.

The dragons seated around the table coughed nervously and shifted bewildered eyes from their king to anywhere else.

“Any other dragons questioning my title? No? Good.” Cobre walked slowly to his seat, staring down every dragon on his way there. Screams of pain could be heard outside, along with loud booms and other strange noises.

Cobre sat down gracefully on his cushion, throwing another regal smile around the room.

“Let’s get down to business, shall we?” He says like nothing violent had happened or was happening at the moment, which the screams from outside betrayed quite clearly. He grabbed the map on the table and unrolled it. It depicted a small pony village at the edge of the Everfree Forest, not far from where they were at, The Dragon’s Mountain. Cobre tapped the town with his claw.

“We’ve discovered that Celestia will be traveling to this town soon, for what the ponies call the Summer Sun celebration.” He said slowly, hatred clear in his voice. One of our warriors will be stationed at this town as in infiltrator. They will disable Celestia for capture so that we can invade Canterlot and take control of the city.”

A yellow dragon cleared her throat in question. “How will they disable Celestia? Won’t she have bodyguards?”

“She will, but the warrior will gain Celestia and the town’s trust and request a private meeting with her which will be the perfect opportunity to take her down.”

Several dragons still looked skeptical, but Cobre continued on without addressing their obvious concern.

He turned to a dark green dragon, “Cova, you and your troops will take refuge in the Everfree forest to assist with Celestia’s capture,” the dragon bowed his head in acceptance. Turning towards the other end of the table, he pointed out four dragons as he said their names. “Heido, Fen, Glike, and Spar, you will stay here to defend our bases from possible attacks. The rest of you,” he gestured at everyone else, “we will take our troops to the far side of Canterlot and prepare to invade. We will leave in two weeks so we start preparations today. You will learn more about this soon.” The dragons remained silent, most highly skeptical of this weak plan.

Fiera looked at her father with confusion, unsure of how she fit into all this. He turned to her, smiled, and winked.

Fiera gulped.

Cobre cleared his throat and the room instantly became silent.

“I understand why several of you are confused and even skeptical. How will the ponies trust a dragon? Why is there an alicorn in our camp? Why is there a juvenile at our table?” Cobre laughed. “Let me explain. Around nine thousand years ago, I met an alicorn in the woods around my home. She told me she was the rightful ruler of the ponies but had been exiled for associating with a dragon. We became friends and in short, fell in love. She vowed to help me claim our lands once again if in return I helped her regain her throne. Together, we will rule all of Equestria and beyond!” More dragons cheered this time, more, but not all. “On how the ponies will trust a dragon, well, let me show you. Fiera, stand up please.”

Fiera stared at her father confused for a moment before rising. She scratched her neck nervously as the entire assembly stared at her. The dragons whispered uneasily, unsure of what would happen.

“This is Fiera, my daughter, that Rhaegos so ignorantly called a child. I forewarn any of you who think she is just so. She’ll put you on your butt faster than you can blink.” He laughed proudly as Fiera stood there uncomfortably, a blush warming her face. “That’s not all she can do, though. Fiera, would you show them what I mean.”

Fiera’s head shot up and she stared at her father in shock. He knew she couldn’t completely control it, did he trust that she could this once?

Cobre motioned to the table, his eyes hard and daring behind his smile. Fiera took a deep breath before leaping up onto the cold stone. She glanced at her father again who nodded at her to continue. Taking her bracelet off, she set the silver dragon pendant beside her, clearing her troubled mind.

Fiera closed her eyes, clenching her teeth in concentration. After a few seconds, she scrunched her face up, loud popping noises breaking the silence. Her wings and tail shrunk rapidly and her limbs thickened out. Her horns disappeared into her head and her mane grew longer and wilder. Her muzzle shrunk into her rounding head, her scales changing into white fur. Fiera winced sharply as a final pop signaled the transformation was complete.

Before the dragons now stood a white pegasus mare with a spiky orange and yellow mane, her cutie mark a black dragon curling around a blue flame. Her two gold looked much smaller now in her pony form.

Fiera twitched her ears, her pony form feeling foreign because she rarely used it.

The dragons stared at Fiera with varying degrees of confusion, awe, shock, and horror. Fiera hung her head before grabbing her bracelet and scrambling off the table to sit back in her seat, her face flush with embarrassment.

“Our plan will begin at noon. Dismissed!” Cobre announced.

The room filled with uneasy conversation as the dragons filed out.

Cobre approached Fiera, a confident smile stretching his lips. He patted Fiera on the back roughly.

“Our information on the ponies isn’t as strong as it used to be. I want regular reports from you on anything you can learn about their recent history and especially anything about the princesses or the Elements of Harmony.”

“Y-yes sir,” Fiera stumbled. She looked at her father in confusion. “I don’t understand what I’m going to be doing in this pony town, though.”

“You will act as a spy at first while gaining trust with the locals. When Celestia arrives, find a way to get a private council with her, as she often does this with many others. Lead her to an isolated location, and signal the warriors that will be hiding nearby. They will disable her for capture and you will return with them.” He stated quickly as if this wasn’t a month long highly important ordeal.

Fiera’s throat felt dry and her head spun. Were they really all relying on her?

“You should be leaving shortly. Go pack if you wish to bring anything with you.” Cobre said handing her a black saddlebag.

“Right,” Fiera said nervously. She took the bag in her mouth and set it on her back, slipping her bracelet into a pocket. She nodded to her father before leaving the council room cautiously, watching for any hostile dragons. Once out in the open, she lifted her wings hesitantly. She hadn't flown in her pony form for a while now, with the smaller wings, she wasn't sure how much strength to use to get airborne. She shook her head and flapped them slowly, speeding up gradually until her hooves lifted off the ground. She took a deep breath before rising quickly and soaring towards her home cave. She walked into her room, approaching her small shelves. There she grabbed a hoodie and her sunglasses. She placed them into the saddlebag, walking over to the mirror. Staring at her reflection, she licked her fangs and ran a hoof over her unnaturally pointy ears, the two things her pony form couldn't change. She sighed and sat down, hanging her head and shivering in fear. She wasn't ready to go into battle, she was terrified of the thought!

Someone cleared their throat behind her. She spun around to see her mother standing at the room’s entrance.

“We should be going,” Elementis said turning around and walking away.

Fiera stood up and trotted over to her, walking behind her in silence.

They walked into the main corridor of their cave and down a hall Fiera had only been in a few times. They walked up a few flights of stairs before walking down a short hallway out onto a large terrace overlooking the Everfree forest and a small pony town way in the distance. On the sides of the terrace was a sheer drop straight down over steep cliffs. She gulped before stupidly remembering she had wings.

Cobre stood at the edge of the terrace waiting for them.

“Hello, dear.” He greeted Elementis then turned to Fiera. “Are you ready?”

Fiera nodded stiffly.

“You'll need these,” Cobre said holding up a bag of bits and a paint kit with a stencil.

“What's this for?” Fiera asked gesturing at the paint kit.

“It's to hide your cutie mark. Come here,” Elementis said.

Fiera walked over to her, watching as her mother covered her flank in white powder before painting a red flame using the stencil where her cutie mark was.

“Make sure to keep it dry.” She commanded.

“Yes, ma'am.”

Elementis handed Fiera the paint kit which she stuffed into her saddlebag along with the bits.

“Your codename Firestorm. It's what your name means, actually.” Cobre said with a laugh.

Fiera nodded.

“We'll see you soon,” Elementis said, a hint of sadness creeping into her voice.

Fiera stared at her briefly before turning to the edge of the terrace. With one last look at her parents, Fiera launched into the sky, heading for Ponyville.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment