• Published 4th Jun 2016
  • 1,395 Views, 1 Comments

From One Next Generation To Another - HAZESHIFT



Night Light was in a bit of a pickle, he family and friends were being captured and his sister gave him a chance to escape. he uses that chance to try and summon some help. And boy does it ever! What happens after as well is somethign he won't forget

  • ...
10
 1
 1,395

Chapter 2: Introductions Are in Order

Chapter 2: introductions are in order

“Princess Celestia!” Night called from atop Gaia’s back getting her attention as well as everyone else’s. The royals looked to the colt and the older colt that he was standing on who was also waving at them. They all also took note of all the other ponies and the dragon that they had never seen before.

“Well this certainly is…” Illusion strated to say but couldn’t figure out the word he wanted to use.

“Interesting, son?” Discord said as he floated beside his ground bound child.

“Well yeah Dad that’s one way to put it Dad. So how do we proceed mother?” Illusion to to Celestia who had been sharing a couple of looks with her sister.

“Well I think Night light called us over and wants to introduce us to some ponies so that sounds like a good first step,” Celestia took the first step and all the royals slowly began closing the gap.

“I agree sister, but maybe most of us should proceed with just a bit of caution,” Luna said coming up to stride with her sister, talking about Cadence, Shining Armor, and Valiant Heart who needlessly rushed ahead of the rest and straight over to Twilight and her family.

“Eh I don’t think these newcomers are here to cause any trouble honey,” Supernova said taking glances at all the new ponies and the large dragon.

“Not that I doubt you Dad, but I think I’ll take mom’s approach,” Nidra said, preparing for anything.

“Aw, that’s a shame we’re really nice when you get to know us better,”

“Yeah, he’s right!” the two voices, one familiar and the other not startled the two royal families and all eyes immediately faced forward to find Night Light and the colt from before now much closer than a few seconds ago. Celestia was the quickest to compose herself and address the two.

“Ah Night Light, are you okay?” She said him trying her best to pay more attention to him than the colt he was standing upon.

“Well I’m a little roughed up but besides that I’m fine. It’s the same with everybody else as well...besides the guys that tried to capture us, Gaia and his friends kind of did a number on them,” Night Light said as he turned and pointed to the group of former capturers, most of whom still had yet to regain consciousness

“And I’m assuming, that your new friend here is Gaia,” She asked finally looking down at the colt properly.

“Nice to see you Aunt Celestia,” he said surprising her and the rest of her family behind her.

‘Excuse me? Have we met?” Celestia asked Gaia confused by his greeting.

“Oh sorry force of habit. You do look similar to the Celestia from my universe,” Gaia told her but got even more confusing stares.

“I don’t think we’ve explained this good enough,” Night Light leaned down and whispered loudly into Gaia’s ear.

“I don’t think we’ve explained anything at all. Why don’t you go first?” Gaia whispered back.

“Some explanation would be nice,” Luna commented to the two colts

“I don’t know i kind of like the routine they got going on,” Discord started to chuckle but a look from Celestia shushed him.

“Well to start out, I’m pretty sure you already know that we were attacked by an unknown group of ponies, changelings, griffon, and a dragon. They ended up capturing most of us but when they came for Starburst and I she allowed me to escape. So I ran and ran and ran back to the house because for some reason my mind was stuck on this one thing i read in a book, this book as a matter of fact,” Night Light held up the book about Equestrian myths and legends and Celestia took it from him in her magic slowly flipping through the pages until she noticed one was dogeared. She opened flipped to that page and her eyes widened in realization.

“Oh Night Light, let it never be said that you did not inherit your mother’s intellect and ability to think on your hooves, she said with chuckle before floating the book over to Luna. “Thought I thought that the Book Keeper would choose to come in his original form and not in the form of a teenage colt.”

“Well I’m sure if Dad was actually here he would be. He can look more intimidating like that,” Gaia responded

“Excuse me?” Celestia asked.

“Well first off, I’m not the Book Keeper, I’m his son and the beige Alicorn over there is my sister Hope. Dad wasn’t feeling well so he decided to send us along with our friends. In fact we were just waiting for everyone to arrive before introductions got underway...speaking of which. HOPE!” Gaia broke away from the conversation and shouted to his sister who looked at him with an raised eyebrow. “Are we ready yet?”

With a flash Hope teleported over to Gaia. “Almost, from what i can tell we’re just waiting on three more who should be here-” A magical pop went off close to where everyone was gathered and the forms could be made out. “Now,”

“Trixie? Starlight?” Twilight asked as two taller blue unicorns shook their heads to clear their dizziness While a third unicorn started to move.

“Dove?” Starburst said a few feet from her mother as she recognized the thirds unicorn? THe third unicorn then immediately turned to Starburst before immediately flinging herself at Starburst.

“STARBURST!” Dove said as she somewhat sailed through the air at Starburst who, surprised at the action, flailed in panic for a bit before Dove crashed into her and brought her to the ground.

Meanwhile while Dove was busy almost crying her eyes out over her friend’s nonexistent injuries, pains, and trauma. Gaia, Hope, Night Light, and the rest of the royals joined the main group. Celestia immediately headed over to Twilight and gave her a hug which the smaller princess accepted while the rest spread out and made sure check upon their friends as well as check out the new arrivals. This happened for a few minutes until Hope spoke up.

“Alright everypony, dragons, and draconequi! It’s about time we actually introduce everyone. So everyone from this dimension standover here,” She pointed to one spot on her left with one wing. “And everybody from my dimension over here. And try to line up according to families,” She said pointing with her other wing to a spot on her right. It took a minute before everyone was able to get setup correctly.

“Ok so Nighty and I will go through this as best as we possibly can . And Elsie here will provide visuals so no one has to guess too hard,” Gaia said once everyone got situated. Nighty and Gaia stood in between the two groups. He set the book Nighty had seen earlier. “UI think it’d be best to start off with our families. Wanna go first Nighty?” Gaia asked and Night Light who nodded and waved over his family who slowly made their way over.

“Well you guys already kind of know but This is my mom and dad, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Prince Flash Sentry. And this is my older sister, Starburst,” He said pointing to each one in particular.

“Alright and then on our side,” Gaia said as the book on the ground began to glow and a hologram appeared showing two distinct beings. The first everyone seemed to recognize. “First up as you all can see if my mother, Twilight Sparkle. Nighty looked and had to admit that his mom did look similar to the hologram but the Twilight in the hologram looked a bit more battleworn. Next to her though standing a good foot or two higher was from what Nighty could guess was Gaia’s dad, the Book Keeper, the one he had been originally trying to summon. “Our version of our mother, Twilight Sparkle and our dad, Dan Allen. And my sister and I are their kids, Gaia’s fury and Nature’s Hope” Gaia pointed to himself and then his sister who waved.

“That’s your dad?” Nighty asked as he had to crane his neck back a lot to get a full view.

“Yeah that’s what he looks like normally, he can turn into a pony though. So who’s next?” He said casually before wondering about the next introductions.

“How about extended family?” Cadence said as she strode forward with Shining Armor and Valiant.

“Sounds like a good plan Auntie Cadence,” Gaia agreed immediately but paused when he saw the confusion on her face. “Sorry force of habit I’m just going to end up doing it all the time,”

“Oy , how about less time explain the inner workings of your mind, and more time introducing me to my other universe self and family,” A white Alicorn walked up to Gaia cuffing him upside the head softly, giving Cadence enough time to look her over. She had a white coat and her mane and tail were a mix of blue and purple.

“Ok Flurry, calm down. This is my cousin, Flurry Heart, daughter of...well that should be self explanatory, our Aunt Cadence and Uncle Shining,”

“Nice to meet you, me,” Furry said as she walked straight up to Valiant and held out a hoof.

“Yeah I guess so...so this is what I would look like if Mom had had a girl?” Valiant questioned and Shining laughed at the line.

“No,” Flurry replied.

“No?” the whole crystal family asked.

“You are what I would look like if I was a boy,” she stated in a matter-of-fact tone which confused Valiant and Shining, but Valiant noticed his mother laughing behind him.

“Oh yeah, that’s definitely my sass,”she said before she walked past Valiant and gave Flurry a welcoming hug which Flurry returned.

“Ok then so that’s two families down which one sh-” Gaia started but a pink blur quickly interrupted him

“Oh oh Gaia, do me, me next please? Do me! I wanna see my alternate family! I mean I can see them from here but-” the pink filly bounced around as she spoke until gaia managed to silence her with a hoof to her mouth.

“Ok Doppler I think we get it….Nighty I think this one is…” Gaia turned his attention from Doppler to Nighty but noticed he already had ponies waiting.

“Pretty much self explanatory,” Nighty shrugged and Gaia couldn’t fault him for being able to figure it out quickly. “It’s always been easy to spot anyone related to Auntie Pinkie,” he said before two blurs raced around him and up to Doppler. Two fillies rushed up to Doppler and stared up at her with wide eyes full of awe.

“Hi I’m Sugar Rush and this is my sister, Cloudy Skies,” The lighter color filly began pointing to herself than the other filly before pointing to another filly a foot away. “And that’s our older sister, Cotton Candy...Ond and that’s our Mom and Dad, PInkie Pie and Pokey Pierce,” Sugar added her parents onto the end pretty much as an afterthought. Not that she didn’t love them but it wasn’t everyday that one got introduced to a possible version of themself from another universe.

“Hi Cloudy, Sugar, Candy, Not exactly Mom but still Mom, and Mr. Pierce.” Doppler said all in one quick breath before speaking again. “I’m Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third,” Doppler said and all eye immediately fell on the group on new ponies who quickly shook their heads no. “Well I would have been if my mom had gotten her way with naming me when I was born. But my real name Is Doppler Pie, nice to meet you all,” Doppler snickered before scooping up Cloudy, Sugar, and Candy into a hug which made the two younger fillies giggle and the older one smile.

“What would she even have been princess of anyway?” Starburst asked as she moved over to Gaia.

“Well at one point she said she wanted to be the princess of princesses,” Gaia told her before he motioned over to someone form his group.

“The princess of princesses? How? Would that even…?” Starburst looked back to her mom to help her with the question on her mind . Apparently She had also been working on the same question because their facial expressions were matching.

“Ok that was nice and cute and all but do you think we can move on?” Starburst’s train of thought was broken when he friend, Prism Bolt decided that it was his turn. She glanced over to Gaia who made eye contact with her. She rolled her eyes and he seemed to get the message.

“Chroma you’re up,” He said, Starburst had seen the filly before, it was hard to miss a polychromatic mane and tail like that. She almost resembled her Aunt Rainbow except for the color of her eyes and the silver streaks interrupting the rainbow parts of her hair and tail,”

“Huh I guess the rainbow runs in the family huh? The names Prism Bolt and this is my brother Icy Wind,” Prism bolt introduced him and his little brother to the filly, Icy looked up to the filly and gave her a quick nod which she returned.

“Nice to meet you Prism, Icy. They call me Chroma Flash,’

“Yeah that definitely sounds like a name i would come up with,” The three turned as Rainbow and Soarin walked up to them.

“Yeah well you and mom did put a good amount of thought into it,” Chroma said missing the instant confusion her words had on the other ponies.

“Wait, Rainbow and your mother?” Soarin asked.

“Well yeah...oh Gaia can you?” Chroma asked making a motion with her hoof. Gaia noticed and tapped a couple of things on Elise’s screen. A new Hologram popped up and two new ponies appeared on screen. The first was definitely Rainbow Dash but only half of everyone seemed to recognize the other mare.

“Wait so your Mom married another-,” Prism began.

“Mare yeah, Her name’s Swift Gale,” Chroma finished smirking at the look on Prism’s face. She could hear some of the other fillies as well as mares laughing at him.

“So can I ask who my dad ended up marrying in your universe?” Icy spoke up finally, his face a lot more composed than his older brother’s.

“Uncle Soarin?,” Chroma tapped her hoof to her chin in thought. “I’m pretty sure him and Aunt Spitfire are still going strong,” She told Icy and watched as Prism’s and Soarin’s jaw dropped.

But before Prism could begin talking an aura of light magenta magic gripped his muzzle. “Well you seem surprised by this turn of events Prism,” Trixie made her way to the front of the crowd followed by Starlight Glimmer and Dove. “Do you have some different thoughts about two mares being in love?” she teased as his eyes went wide and he struggled against her magic to try and defend himself. Meanwhile his mother just stood by and smirked, she knew her son had a bit of an ego and sometimes it was good for him to get taken down a peg.

“Now don’t be too hard on him honey,” Starlight said form a few feet away, amused by her wife’s antics at riling Prism up.

“Well I’m glad to see some things never change,” One of the new ponies chose to interrupt Trixie and she chose to stop her little fake tirade to look at the new comer. Her white fur seemed to flash a light blue when the sun hit it just right and her blonde mane framed her face well. “Glad to see even when you aren’t my mother that your motherly tendencies still show well enough,” Trixies eyes widened as the filly spoke. “Gaia if you will?” the filly turned back to Gaia who simply rolled his eyes before punching some more commands into Elise.

“Announcing Princess Erina Lulamoon, daughter of Princess Trixie Lulamoon-” several gasps went out and now Trixie’s jaw fell to complete the expression her eyes had started while nearby Starlight and Dove snickered “-And Prince Blueblood,”

“WHAT!” most of the group shouted while others broke into hysterics and Trixie promptly fell over and Starlight sat down next to her and comforted her while simultaneously laughing.

“Trust us, it’s a long story we’re willing to tell later, but for now let’s continue,” Gaia said as this time Rarity moved forward.

“Ahem, I couldn’t agree with you more darling. Although I believe for me I can easily see who my universal counterpart decided to wed and raise a family with.,” Flair and G stood face to face with Claire and Turquoise, the dragon pony hybrids taking in one another before each smiled.

Next to them Applejack looked over Apple Core while he was locked into what looked like a staring contest with Golden Delicious. The two stared at each other in silence before Golden capitulated and held out his hoof. “Name’s Golden Delicious, but everybody calls me Del,”

“Apple Core, everyone just calls me Core,” Core said before he put his hoof to Del’s and the two smiled and Applejack chuckled to herself

“Ok last Element of Harmony to go, Gaia said as Nighty brought Fluttershy and Annie forward. “Hey Ember. Your turn to shine,” He said not realizing his choice of words. Ember strode forward in her usual manner and unfortunately some of the colts couldn’t stop themselves from staring and because of that some of the fillies took it upon themselves to punish them. Whirlwind slapped Prism upside his head, and Candy quickly zipped over to Del and gave him a quick elbow to his gut.

“Uh Nighty, you’re staring...and your jaws on the floor,” Starburst said to her brother who immediately froze in place before trying to compose himself.

‘Wha? Huh? No I wasn’t. Hey look Annie and Ember seem to be getting along!” Nighty recovered as best he can as he watch Ember hugging Annie while Fluttershy smiled from a foot away. “But speaking of that, who’s Ember’s dad?” Nighty asked and gaia just grinned as he put in a command into elise and the old hologram of Trixie and Blueblood disappeared and was replaced with Fluttershy and, “BULK BICEPS!” Nighty shouted and once again heads turned, or more correctly, swiveled as the looked between the hologram of the butter yellow pegasus and the snow white pegasus who dwarfed her, and then to the now heavily blushing pegasus who was trying best to hide behind her short mane.

____________________________________________________________________________

While a good portion of everyone rushed over to Gaia and Ember trying to get as many details as they could, Celestia, Luna, and their two families sat back watching and laughing until the last two Alicorns approached them. The dark blue one going towards Luna and the white one going towards Celestia.

“Well that seems anticlimactic,” Discord said. “I was kinda hoping for something different in terms of coloring, makes it a bit easy to tell who’s who,” he said looking down on the white Alicorn. Truth be told he was curios about her somewhat ethereal wings.

“Well I think that we can make that a quick fix,” The Alicorn smirked and before Discord knew one of the tendrils of her wings poked Discord. He didn’t feel anything but then looked to his eagles claw to find that it wasn’t it’s normal golden color, in fact his whole body had changed to different colors. He poofed up a mirror out of thin air and looked himself over, finding random colors and shapes that made him look weirder than he normally was. And the laughing that he was now receiving wasn’t helping either.

“Oh, I hope you’re not one of mine,” he said to the filly who smirked up at him.

“Afraid not uncle Discord, Celestia is my mother though. My name is Tesla by the way. Although I must say with her choice of husband both here and in our universe there does seem to be somewhat of a pattern. She said looking to Celestia.

“Oh and what might that be?” Celestia asked, wondering how much she might actually have in common with another Celestia.

“Well Discord was considered a criminal and my father was a con-man, so it can be said that my mother, you, and possibly some other Celestia’s might have a thing for so called ‘bad boys’, Tesla said and saw the immediate results as The white of Celestia fur turned beet red. Discord , who had now fixed his coloring moved over to his wife and began to laugh slowly at his wife’s embarrassment.

“Oh I think you and I are going to get along,” Illusion said as he floated next to Tesla and put an arm around her.

Meanwhile next to them Luna watched as Nidra slowly looked over the other Alicorn. She could see the resemblance a bit, the darkness of his fur allowed for that but his brilliant red hair was in direct contrast with his coat.

“Name?” Nidra asked.

“Andromedus,” Andromedus replied. “Nice to meet you..?”

“Nidra, likewise,”

“So was your dad also a guard who apparently wooed our respective mother?” Andromedus asked looking at Super nova who raised an eyebrow at the question.

“Why, yes. I wonder if like with Aunt Celestia that is also a running theme?”

“Hold on there! We were not wooed! We simply allowed him to court us once we-I found that he was not a total buffoon,” Luna interjected he cheeks tinged with a hint of a blush.

“Honey that exactly what wooed means,” Supernova said before one of Luna’s wings shot out trying to smack him and he dodged easily. Nidra and Andromedus just looked at each other and laughed before two loud whistles went off drawing everyone’s immediate attention

____________________________________________________________________________

Candy and Doppler stood next to each other, one hoof partially in each of their mouths as they were the ones behind the whistling. “Alright everypony...and dragon...and draconequus. Introductions are now done, and everyone has meet everyone and we’ve all begun to socialize but there one more thing we need to do!” Doppler began and held up a bag. Starburst who was closest to the two looked at the bag and then looked to Gaia and when the two made eye contact he shrugged. Doppler open the bag and turned it over letting the contents fall to the ground. A bunch of metal pieces clanked as they piled together and everyone raised an eyebrow. “Ahem,” Doppler cleared her throat at the pile and then as if by magic the pile started moving. Each piece began to move independently and find a place for itself as they all put themselves together.

“Ooh I think I know what this is! Everyone might wanna take a teeny tiny big step back,” Pinkie called out and everyone immediately followed her instructions. After a few seconds the pieces finished putting themselves together. “Oh it’s so beautiful,” Pinkie pulled CLoudy and Sugar into a hug as she saw the fully functional machine, it brought a tear to her eye

“Party Cannon Mark forty two, just finished yesterday. Would you like to do the honors Candy?” Doppler pointed to a button on the side of the party cannon.

“Oh Doppler that’s so sweet,” Candy gave Doppler a quick hug before she walked over to the button. “Wanna say it with me?” Candy said and Doppler immediately knew what she was suggesting.

“On three,” Doppler nodded.

“One,”

“Two,”

“Three,”

“Let’s Party!” the two fillies shouted as Doppler pushed the button and the party cannon went off, showering the immediate area with a full blown party which lasted until night came.

Author's Note:

segways....sometimes they are easy....sometimes they are hard...this chapter is a representation of that....

originally i wasn't sure if i wanted this to be longer....but eh i'm good with this i'll get something out for the month of july

wanted to get a nice chapter for this in. i wanted to establish characters and other things and get things to relate to each other. was it done in the best way...no i kina rushed it a bit but now i'm happy with most of it

if you have any comments feel free to leave them below

Cya till next time!!!!!

Comments ( 1 )

Good! Would like to see some shipping next!

Login or register to comment