• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 593 Views, 0 Comments

The Returning Nightmare - Lord Dico



A great darkness has returned to Equestria...Just after a family member's tragic death.

  • ...
 0
 593

What Caused It?

NOTE: Now I just want to inform some people, who might go saying, "Hey, this is just the same chapter as the last!" and I have reason for that. See, the thing is, I kind of screw up. I forgot to post chapter 6, so instead, chapter 7 got uploaded first, so I had to fix some things up. For those who can be reasonable with this, I thank you.

It was a bright and cloudless day, as twenty-five of Canterlot's strongest soldiers were now heading out of Canterlot's barricks. It was time for their monthly battle royale. General Hydra was now leading his troops to the battle zone, located in the mountains. He had his troops seperated into five sections. His son, Bishop, was now on the brink of testing his skills.

"Alright then," Hydra announced, "We will now start our month-annual battle royale!"

Every-pony was cheering with excitement, just eager to kick some tail. Bishop, on the otherhand, was just determined to make sure that he test everything he's got. Hydra was a little skeptical, but he didn't let that get by him.

"Good luck, Pawn," one soldier sneered at Bishop.

He was named Marco, also known to be Bishop's long time rival. Marco had hated and envied Bishop with a passion, being the son of the general, and getting personalized training from him. However, Marco was also a genius, who could dodge attacks with quick agility and strategy, without getting one injury in the process.

Bishop just ignored Marco's taunts. If he let any of his insults and mockery get to him, it would cloud his train of thought and make him lose his focus. And with the other 25 soldiers who were the strongest for a reason, this wouldn't be tolerated.

"Now you know the rules," Hydra continued, "First one who lasts longer, will get up a new level. If you are out of the perimeter of the area, you lose. Last one of you up left, becomes my right hand-stallion. Let the battle..."

He left a dramatic pause.

"...BEGIN!!"

As the battle was announced, every soldier was now charging at each other with great speed.

x x x x x x x x

One hour later...

x x x x x x x x


Five soldiers were left, each in a stage of disarry, from minimal damage to useless limbs. Bishop was lucky enough to make it out alright, even with all the battle scars on him. He was panting heavily, and was reaching his limit. The other soldiers were feeling the same, except they weren't as tired as he was. Marco looked over at Bishop and just smirked at this.

'Now, this'll be easy,' he thought.

Suddenly, three of the other soldiers soon charged at Marco, who was snapped out of his thoughts. However, he used his great agility and raced off, making the three to chase him. Marco lead them straight into a trap: a cliff wall. Marco swerved sharply, making the three bolting after him ram straight into the wall and knock themselves out. Bishop saw Marco's cheap move, which made his anger peak to the zenith of his tolerance.

Now there was only two stallions left on the rocky field. Bishop and Marco. Whoever won would be Hydra's right hand stallion, the highest rank, second only to the head general. Marco and Bishop stared at each other as tension grew.

Hydra, on the other hand, was now cautious about this. He's seen Bishop and Marco fight before, and now that they're on the battlefield, all he could do now was watch. Some of the soldiers, who were thrown out of bounds, watched over, feeling much more stressful, just from watching.

"Now, Bishop," Marco exclaimed, "We can finally end this rivalry once and for all!"

"Come on then!" Bishop exclaimed back, "This place will become your grave!"

Marco charged at Bishop, faster than ever. Bishop, surprisingly, stood completely still as the length between Marco and him lessened and lessened. Hydra looked at Bishop and knew almost instantly what his son was about to do. As Marco came closer and closer, Bishop slowly opened his eyes and stared into Marco's very soul.

"Jackpot," Bishop whispered, with eyes glowing completely white.

Suddenly, Bishop disappeared into a blue blurr, along with Marco. Soon, a crash came into the ground. Some went over to look, then something came rising out of the ground, crashing into all of those around it. Suddenly, the others by Hydra looked up to see a blue blurr coming at them, Hyrda dodged, but some were too weak to move. Before any of them could do anything, the blurr crashed into all of them.

Bishop suddenly disappeared into a blue blur, and Marco suddenly disappeared as well. Soon, crash came onto the ground, its force large enough that Bishop and Marco actually went UNDERGROUND. The other soldiers curiously came closer to see what was happening, only to get crashed by the blue blur that was Bishop. Hydra dodged the assault, but many of then were to weak to move, let alone dodge a high speed attack at them. Another crash came upon the ground, leaving dust and smoke in the air. It continued on, heading towards the walls of Canterlot. As it came crashing through, it kept going until it reached the research facility walls.

As the dust and smoke started to fade away and settle, it started to reveal Bishop pressing a bloody and battered Marco into the cruel terrain. He was pummeling Marco, the face, the (arm), anywhere his fury ingested hooves could reach. Even as they turned into a sickening shade of crimson, he didn't stop. If anything, it made him pound Marco with even more energy and strength. Just as he was about to lay the finishing - and life ending- punch, he heard a strong roar that tore through his blinded assault at Marco.

"BISHOP!"

He then stopped, as he was about to hit. Hydra's roar.....It suddenly made him aware of everything OTHER than Marco. His heavy breathing, the gooey and repulsive BLOOD that was on him and his clothes, and the battlefield. OH, the battlefield...It sickened him to realize that HE made all this. So many people were hurt and possibly DEAD because of him. There was literally an alley of soldiers in the path that he made. Bishop's eyes widened in shock as he got off of Marco.

One life wasn't worth of twenty.

x x x x x x x x x x x

Two hours later...

x x x x x x x x x x x

"This is an OUTRAGE!!"

Bishop and Hydra were before the princesses within the Canterlot court room. Bishop's head was bowed down in shame, for he knew that it was his fault for the whole situation. Princess Luna glared down at the two soldiers with a furious expression. Celestia, on the other hand, was watching the whole ordeal with a look of disappointment. Hydra knew that look too well.

"Every hospital in Canterlot is now crammed with over a hundred patients, AND over thirty casualties! Most of them were citizens! And in just one day!! You have really disgraced the kingdom this time, Bishop Mythro!!" Luna exclaimed, "And THIS time, your father isn't bailing you out, since HE'S to blame as well!"

"Luna, calm yourself," Celestia said.

"How can I?! He just caused great dam-"

"I'm aware of that," She said, cutting her sister off.

Hydra was worried about what she had planned for them, especially Bishop. As she stepped towards the two soldiers, Bishop closed his eyes tightly and expected the worst from her.

"Princess, wait!" some-pony called out, cutting off Princess Celestia.

Bishop looked up to see who just called out, and his eyes widened. It was Shining Armor, his cousin. During his time in the Equestrian Army, Shining Armor has helped Bishop whenever Hydra wasn't around. He's always tried to get to know his cousin better, ever since that dreadful day.

"Don't try to weasel him out of this, Shining!" Luna exclaimed, jumping down in front of Shining, "After these many casualties, you should know that getting him out of this would have serious consequences on your head!"

"She's right," Celestia said.

Shining Armor couldn't help but watch. It only made him worry more about what the princess has planned for them. Hydra was too thinking of that, even though he was more worried about Bishop than himself. He looked up and saw Shining Armor, but it didn't last long. He turned down as soon as they made eye contact.

He didn't want to see him in this state of shame. Not for the first time in ten years.

x x x x x x x x x x x

"What happened after that?" Twilight asked.

"I don't remember as much," Bishop replied, "My father told me, that I was hit really hard in the head, while we wre on the train. I asked him did he clear me out, but he said no. He told me that someone else did, but he didn't see him clearly in the shadows. I wish I knew who it was, so I can thank him."

"So...why do you feel worried about what will happen to Shining?"

"Because I've been getting a bad feeling that something terrible has happened with him."

Twilght's thoughts were now running wild. Could Shining be in trouble again, especially after he came back from his honeymoon?

"I was rejected from the kingdom because I had caused pain...because that's all I knew, for almost ten years now."

Bishop's statement brought Twilight out of her thoughts.

"I resented myself from being social, because I didn't want to seem weak again...I couldn't even talk to my own sister about it, because she wouldn't understand the amount of torment I had to go through..."

Bishop soon had tears welling up in his eyes, but turned away from Twilight so she didn't see them. Twilight, out of sympathy, reaches out to Bishop, placing a hoof on his shoulder. When Bishop felt it, he slightly chuckled a bit.

"It's funny," he said, "here I am, saying I couldn't confess any of my hardships to anyone, yet I tell it to you, who I just met today. But at the same time...I feel like it's the exact opposite."

Soon the door opened, and Hydra stepped out. He looked exhausted, but he kept his poise strong looking. He walked inbetween the two, as Twilight noticed the small pouch that he had.

"Bishop," he said sternly, "Come. We're heading into town to clear your name."

"Yessir," Bishop nodded, walking up to his father.

"Twilight, I want you to meet us at the town's hospital. I think you know what purpose."

"Right," said Twilight, rushing into town.

As Bishop and Hydra watched her go up ahead, Hydra noticed his son's curious expression.

"So...her name's Twilight?" he asked.

"That's correct, Bishop," Hydra answered, "She's even, one of Canterlot's most beloved icons. You should be proud to be related to such."

He was a bit confused on what Hydra meant by that. He probably meant it in figurative terms, since she addressed to be Shining's best companion. As they were starting to approach town, he tipped his hat to shadow his eyes. He didn't want to see what the ponyfolk would look at him like.

At least not yet.

x x x x x x x x x x x x

As she continued to lie there in the hospital bed, Rainbowdash started to feel dizzy, even when she wanted to keep herself awake to eat. She even started to remember the race, having that tremendous loss hit her head hard. It was bad enough that she had a broken back, but her pride was in even more pieces than any-pony could count.

It was then she heard the door open. She tried her best to look at who it was, and saw that it was Doctor Hooves.

"Miss Dash," he said, "You have a visitor here with you."

"Who?"

Rainbowdash's answer was given, when she saw a familiar face. Her eyes had widened to a great length, but then went into a glare.

"Oh great," she said, in an unhappy tone.

"Hey, is that really the kind of tone for an old friend?"

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment