• Published 24th May 2016
  • 294 Views, 3 Comments

A Secret Nopony can Know - HayBurger04



Pinkie spends the week with Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
1
 3
 294

I have to tell her

Pinkie trotted upstairs to her bedroom. She realized that Rainbow was sleeping on her bed.
Now what? She thought to herself. Pinkie didn't want to wake up Rainbow, she had looked so peaceful.
Maybe she didn't have to wake her up.

Pinkie walked over to the side of her bed, pushed Rainbow to the side, and got herself in the covers.
Rainbow was snoring away right next to her, but she decided to ignore it. Eventually, she went to sleep.

Pinkie Pie woke up. Her eyes still felt heavy from that sleep, but she got up from her bed anyway.
As she got up from her bed, she smelled something...something burning. She decided to go investigate.
Once she got upstairs she saw smoke everywhere. Was that...Rainbow?
"Pinkie...A little help?" Rainbow stammered. She was stuck in a large lump of cookie dough.
"What did you do?" Pinkie said trying to get Rainbow out of the dough.
"I uh... tried making breakfast in bed for you..?" Rainbow replied with an awkward chuckle.

Soon, she got Rainbow out of the cookie dough, but she realized the cookies were burning in the oven.
"You decided to make ANOTHER batch of cookies?" Pinkie said in panic.
"Uh huh..." Rainbow gulped.
"That...is...so NICE of you! I would never ever think of anypony who would be so nice to ever make me a batch of cookies once I woke up!"
Pinkie went on and on about Rainbow being nice, but the cookies were still burning.
Rainbow reached over and got the cookies out of the oven, just before they caught on fire. She got all the smoke out by opening a window and
pushing the smoke out.

"-- And then I said 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?" Pinkie pie continued saying.
"Okay that's enough chatter," Rainbow interrupted Pinkie by putting her hoof over her mouth.
Pinkie Pie looked over the the smoking cookies. They were practically just pieces of rock on a plate.
"Look...I'm really sorry. I just thought it would be nice if I made you a little gift." Rainbow said scratching the back of her head nervously.
Pinkie turned her head to Rainbow and gave her a big smile. "That was the best gift ever! Who cares if you made me coal for breakfast!
It still means you lo- I mean um... care for me?" Pinkie said sweating from all the excess smoke in the room.
"Still means I what?" Rainbow said in confusion.

Pinkie immediately got nervous. Great job for spitting it out, Pinkie! She ruined it.
Rainbow had to know eventually. It's now or never.

"Are you alright Pinkie?" Rainbow questioned.
"I um... NO! There's-so-much-smoke-in-here-i-think-we-should-go-outside-before-we-choke-to-death!" Pinkie said without stopping.
She pushed Rainbow out her door leading her outside.

Rainbow was confused, Pinkie was acting so strange. What did she really want to tell her?

"Pinkie, what's going on?" Rainbow said with a serious tone. Pinkie sighed slowly.
She wanted to tell her the truth, she really did. But she didn't know how to say it, or how Rainbow would react.
Thinking about this made Pinkie sweat nervously.

"Can I tell you inside?" Pinkie said. This wasn't just your everyday Pinkie voice. This was a low, serious Pinkie voice. Meaning that this was important. In her eyes, Pinkie nearly started tearing up, her large blue eyes full of stress.

The two colorful ponies walked back inside, just about all the excess smoke from the "breakfast" has gone away.
Rainbow knew that Pinkie has something serious to get off her chest, so she tried her best to stay 'Rainbow Professionalism Dash'.

Telling Rainbow the truth was the hardest thing Pinkie was gonna do.
She took a deep breath...

"Rainbow, for the longest time, I had seen a pony that had was amazing, cute, and daring."
Rainbow made a face. Where was Pinkie going with this? She wasn't interested in all this mushy stuff, but Pinkie was her friend. She decided to keep listening.

"This pony... they were the best. One of my best friends. I had fallen in love with them, actually." Pinkie said with a giggle.
Both of them blushed

"You know who that pony is?"

"Who?"

"You"

Rainbow's pupils dilated. WHAT? she thought to herself. Pinkie had loved her...?
Her cheeks went from pink to red.

"You don't feel the same way...do you..?" Pinkie said with her ears drooping, backing away slowly.
"I...uh..." Rainbow didn't have any clue what to do.

"It's... fine. I'll be upstairs in my room." Pinkie said with her voice breaking.
Rainbow felt awful. Pinkie looked so... sad. She could see the despair in her eyes, followed with tears.
She heard the door shut, and distant crying. It almost felt like she just got stabbed by a knife...

Rainbow sat on the couch thinking about what she could've said. She could have made Pinkie happy.
Her ears drooped and her happiness escaped herself like water down a drain.

She flew upstairs. She couldn't leave her best friend alone. She had to help.

Her hand rested on the door, finally building her courage to knock.
"Pinkie? Please let me in." Rainbow said with a soft voice.
"okay" Pinkie responded with a sad voice.

As Rainbow opened the door, she saw Pinkie sitting on her bed, curled up.
Tears were all over her face, and her eyes lost their bright, happy color.

"Pinkie..." Rainbow said sitting next to her.
"I have something to say, too." Rainbow said with a smirk.
This caught Pinkie's attention. She looked at Rainbow.
"Ever since this week, I started to like you a lot more. It's not that I... Love you... but you just...Well, you're the kind of pony that sticks out more. You're funny, nice, and don't tell anypony I said this, but you're kind of cute. Sure, you can talk a little too much, but that's what I like about you. You're always there for me, no matter what." Rainbow said.

Pinkie felt better and started to tear up.

"Thank you, Rainbow." Pinkie said with a sniff.

Oh, and I think I really owe you this.
Rainbow grabbed Pinkie and gave her the first hug ever. It wasn't bone crushing, or a brief hug, it was a show of love. A show of care. A sign that she will always love Pinkie.

Author's Note:

woah. this was cheesy. actually not really. actually idk. i frikn loved this chapter. my thoughts right now:
woah :rainbowderp:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment