• Published 5th May 2016
  • 1,443 Views, 4 Comments

Usual Suspects - BlueSupernova



The Rainbooms are on tour and Sunset decided to bring Twilight along for the ride to spend more time with her until everything backfires after Twilight doubts Sunset's stage persona. Will love prevail or will this be the end of Sunset and Twilight?

  • ...
7
 4
 1,443

I think I've lost my mind

Sunset sat on her bed as the bus drove down the long stretch of road on the way to Manehatten for the first leg of The Rainbooms tour to celebrate the release of the new album. She focused deeply of customising her new mask, painting the 3 on the side of the mask a yellow while the rest of the mask was a dark red. She hummed a tune while she worked on her prop for the concert and then put it to the side to let the paint dry.

"Your new mask looks amazing, Sunny," Twilight spoke with a massive smiled, sliding onto the bed and tackling Sunset with a hug. Sunset laughed and hugged her back, looking up at the nerdy girl sprawled all over her. She thought bringing Twilight would be a good idea instead of her staying back in Equestria on her own and this way they could spend some time together. Due to all the practice and rehearsals and signings over the past few months they hardly got to spend anytime together. Not to mention it was their one year anniversary soon.

"Thanks, Sparky. Its a good thing I just got it done," Sunset smiled slightly, cupping Twilight's cheeks and kissed her softly to which Twilight replied with a giggle and kissed back, her hands roaming down Sunset's body.

"Could you guys not?" Rainbow commented, shifting her eyes from her guitar to look at the couple.

"Jealous, Dash?"

"Don't hold your breath," Rainbow rolled her eyes, standing up and placing her guitar on the bed before leaning back against her cupboard

"Besides we gotta practise for tonight. We've got everything down but we just have to practise our cover songs a few more times,"

"Which ones?"

"1,000,000 Lightyears is pretty much down. We gotta work on the timing for Off with her Head though. Now I'm not naming names but some fashion addict is coming in to late in the chorus," Rainbow said, glancing at Rarity who just gasped and took a step back, clutching the piece of clothing over her heart.

"Well I never! Excuse me if singing quite so quickly is not my strong suite!" Rairty protested in a huff, crossing her arms over her chest and began to mumble under her breath about how 'rude' the notion was. Sunset could only show an unamused face while the two continued to argue. She sighed and gently pushed Twilight off her, much to Twilights dismay, and began to fit the LED in her mask to light up the 3 on the side of it.

"You going disco for ya new mask, Sunset?" Applejack asked, sitting on the other side of Sunset and smiling at the creation. Sunset flipped the switch which cause the 3 to light up and nodded, grinning.

"Oh totally. I thought it would be a nice change. I mean I love my old mask but I think this one will be 20% cooler,"

"That line is copyrighted by me!" Rainbow shouted, struggling to get out from under Rarity who decided to sit on Rainbow in order to teach her a lesson. Sunset only shrugged and tried her mask on. She stood up and pulled the cow lick in front of the mask while walking over to the mirror and smiling at what she saw.

"Wham bam hot damn!" Rainbow cattercalled at Sunset which earned a slap over the head by Rarity and a glare from Twilight. Rainbow raised an eyebrow and raised her shoulders in defence "What? It's a compliment!"

"Thanks, Rainbow Scene," Sunset joked which earned a half hearted laugh from Rainbow. Twilight's anger quickly faded and she slipped off the bed, going behind Sunset and wrapping her arms around her from behind before she buried her face into her back. This act earned a collective 'awh' from the rest of the Rainbooms and a blush from both Twilight and Sunset.

"I love the mask, Sunny," Twilight spoke into her back, Sunset giggling from the vibrations. She turned around and hugged the slightly shorter girl, kissing her head and rubbing her nose against Twilights.

"Ugh couples," Rainbow groaned then realised Fluttershy was within range of hearing that. She suddenly went red and shot an apologetic smile at Fluttershy "Uh sorry, Flutters,"

"It's okay..." Fluttershy replied shyly, pulling her hair in front of her face and hanging her head. Rainbow raised an eyebrow and began to wonder to herself how Fluttershy was so shy like her name sake around her friends but on stage she was a completely different person. But they all were to be honest. Rainbow looked in front of her again and then noticed Rairty got off her back due to the fact that she had walked over to Applejack and began to make out with her. Sunset and Twilight were the same story. Rainbow just stood up and walked over to her bed, sitting on it.

"C-can I sit with you..?" Fluttershy asked Rainbow nervously, twiddling her thumbs. Rainbow could only smile and open her arms to Fluttershy, speaking with a soft tone.

"Flutters we're dating. You can sit with me when ever you want," Rainbow winked as Fluttershy crawled into her arms, the two cuddling
Sunset was sat on her bed as well, tuning her guitar while Twilight played with her hair. Rarity was practicing with Applejack who could only smile while teaching her girlfriend the quick part of one of the covers they were doing.

"We're here!!" Pinkie screamed excited as she came out of the back on the bus and began bouncing up and down in excitement. The band could only stare in awe at the city, muttering between themselves on how amazing this was going to be. Twilight just smiled until her eye caught a piece of paper with writing on it. She glanced to the girls before slipping away to read the writing. As her eyes scanned the paper they got wider with each line before she quickly put it down and sat down to regain her thoughts. Those lyrics for that song were racy..more racy than she thought the girls would be comfortable with. Espically Sunset. She is set to sing alot about sex and bitches and such. Twilight glanced to her girlfriend with a concerned expression. Who is Sunny 3 Tears?

=+=+=+=

The Rainbooms were getting ready, laughing as they took sips from the cider each of them had in their hands. Twilight however was still a little scared. She knew her Sunset as her kind and caring girlfriend. Not as this party goer who goes around 'banging bitches and getting high' as the lyrics so delicately put it. She snapped out of her thoughts when two strong arms wrapped around waist from behind.

"Guess who?" The voice whispered in Twilights ear which just cause her to giggle and turn around.

"Well hello, Sunny,"

"You ready to see us perform?" Sunset asked. Twilight was about to protest but then saw how much Sunset seemed to light up at the thought of her own approval. She couldn't let down Sunset right before the show it would ruin everything. So Twilight did what any good girlfriend would do and smiled.

"I'm as excited as you are to perform," Twilight replied with the happiest voice she could muster at this current time, pushing up her glasses frame as Sunset gave her a quick peck on the lips and ran out on stage with the other girls. Twilight slowly walked to the edge of the gap that separated the main stage from backstage and cupped her hands in front of her,biting her lip. Hard.

"Prove me wrong, Sunny,"

=+=+=+=

During the concert Twilight became quite shocked at not just at Sunset but everyone. They all just seemed so different on stage like...they were the opposite of themselves. Well except for Rainbow. That's when Twilight realised it was the song she was dreading. it was called No. 5 if she remembered correctly. She looked up scaredly and was in shock at what she saw. They were all grinding on each other..including..Sunset and Rairty?! Twilight could feel her jealously rise and her blood boil which only increased as the song went on. She hadn't even realised the song had ended as it seemed her legs just began to move forward on their own.

"Sunset Shimmer!"

Sunset span around and looked in both horror and shock as Twilight, her calm nerdy girlfriend, storm on stage with her face redder than her hair. She glanced to the crowd who seemed to be in just as much shock.

"T-Twi..I was just about to call you on stage.."

"I bet you were weren't you? Just so you can show your fans how much you respect your girlfriend by grinding on other girls on stage?!"

"Sparky-"

"Don't you dare 'Sparky' me! You self centred, unrespectful, horrid person! If this is how this whole tour is going to be then...then we are over!" Twilight screamed, tears streaming down her face as she ran off stage.
Sunset felt like she was paralyzed, her hand slipping out of her pocket and dropping a small velvet box onto the stage which cause a loud gasp from just about everyone.

"No..way..." Rainbow spoke in awe. Fluttershy and Rairty covered their mouths, small tears brimming at the corner of their eyes. Applejack and Pinkie's jaws had dropped as the looked at the whole scene as if it was in slow motion. The whole group got over their shock and walked over to Sunset, enveloping her in a group hug. Sunset had finally registered what had just happened and finally let the tears fall, gripping onto her friends and sobbing into the hug. The crowd dispersed but shouted their support for Sunset as they disappeared.
"We are so sorry Sunset..I can't believe you were going to ask her to marry you.." Rarity spoke softly, biting her lip at the thought. She glanced over to the road outside the open theatre and saw a car with a flash of purple. Unfortunately this didn't go unnoticed by Sunset.

"She's gone isn't she? She's gone...."

Author's Note:

Second story done! I was going to do this story in chapters but then I thought I could do different stories as sequels with the different masks of the guys in the band. Now to answer a couple of questions I'm bound to be asked:
1) Yes the are basically the Equestrian version of Hollywood Undead. I thought it would be fun to write a story as if they were like HU sue me.
2) 1,000,000 Lightyears is by Amaranthe
3) Off with her head is by Icon for Hire
4) No.5 Is by Hollywood Undead
5) Yes I know my edit is bad rip off recoloured of J3T's mask and no I don't care.
6) Yes the stage names of the members are also basically the same as the HU members with the Mane 6 names slipped in there and again no I don't care that is kinda the point :rainbowlaugh:
I guess thats all. Any other questions feel free to ask!
BlueSupernova out!:rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 4 )

OH TWILIGHT YOU IDIOT!!:fluttershbad:

WAIT WHAT you cant end like that

I am literally in tears right now!! :fluttercry:

I am crying so much right now. Please tell me it's going to be great in the next one.

Login or register to comment