• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 1,215 Views, 5 Comments

This is... - WatchMeShadow



The world outside of Ponyville moves forward presenting new challenges and problems that the Elements of Harmony would normally deal with, but with the Elements residing in The Tree of Harmony will Equestria be defenseless?

  • ...
3
 5
 1,215

Not a Happy Day

Lost Day One

With a groan Mirror stirred. She rose weakly up to unsteady hooves. She reached for her saddlebags to get something to eat, only to remember.

Shaking like a leaf she fearfully looked everywhere. She just escaped wooden monsters. She lost everything, and anything could be out to get her in this forsaken forest.

She needed to get out. With a step and another she moved. It didn’t matter where, just as long as it was away from those monsters. She ignored her aches.

The anger filled the air was noxious, making her almost delirious. “We don’t have enough love. If we don’t ration it we’ll run out before we can bla bla bla. Well Chrysalis maybe we wouldn’t be running out of love you didn’t lose and I wouldn’t be hurt and hungry and lost because I would still have MY-”

The snap of a twig brought her back to reality and she quickly dived into a nearby bush. Peaking out she spotted a small rodent with a puffy tail stomping past, for how much a small rodent could. She sneered at it but left it alone before continuing in the direction she’d been going, but with a lot less talking to herself.

Before she knew it, it was night time.

Lost Day Two

Hunger gnawed at her as she got up. That was nothing new to her though. She’s lived her whole life with the feeling, cept maybe her hatchdays.

She a youngling was going to save the hive, real smart. She just had to be the hero. Now she was going to die in a forest, some hero.

She clenched her mouth shut as she walked. The urge to rant was strong.

She had no idea where she was anymore. All she knew was that the smell of anger was strongest in the direction of the town she’d been heading. It was a powerful stench and she felt like strangling whatever was responsible for it.

It had to be ponies. They were assaulting her nostrils with various unholy burnt food smells.

She walked purposefully through the forest, nearing that awful smell, while trying to avoid the worst of it.

Lost Day ???

She’d lost track of time, it all seemed the same to her.

The stupid trees. The stupid bushes.

The annoying animals.

The aching hunger. The aching aches.

Her so called friend. Queen Chrysalis and her stupid rations.

No longer having parents. That no longer made her cry, only want to punch something.

The stupid ponies. It didn’t matter she hated them all. She hated it all.

She wanted to punch everything. The only thing stopping her was how weak she felt.

Suddenly, after passing a bush she saw something. It was made by something. Beyond it was more trees. She couldn’t quite remember the name and it looked broken, but that didn’t matter. Nothing did. Regardless, she kept moving past a gap in it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Pinkie just got done with work. The sun was out and clouds lazily moved on by. It was yet another idyllic day in Ponyville. She hopped out the door, “Howdy doody Bon Bon!” she waved as the mare stormed past her.

Ignoring the mares odd behavior Pinkie made her way down the street. She came across two ponies who were yelling at each other. She appeared between them and put both in a headlock/hug, “What a beautiful day it is today!”

They both rubbed their heads briefly, “Um yeah,” one agreed looking at their surroundings, “it is a good day, and I’m sorry,” the one answered before addressing the other.

“I don’t even know why I was so mad, could you forgive me?” the other asked.

“Aww, I’m happy to see you to make up so soon, even though I never found out why you two were arguing in the first place, but that gives me a good mystery to think about while I head to the post office. Oh, don’t spoil it for me, bye bye.” Pinkie said as she left them behind.

Soon enough she made it to the post office and entered. She hopped right up to the counter, “Hiya Derpy!” she greeted cheerfully.

“How can I help you today?” Derpy asked with a strained voice, fake smile and her eye twitched. It didn’t help that the eye twitching was also the one wandering off.

“I’d like to send these out,” Pinkie said as she pulled out a stack of letters from her mane somehow and set them on the counter. She noticed Derpy false smile, “What’s wrong Derpy?”

“What’s wrong?” She asked angrily, “maybe it’s the fact that everypony treats me like a retard because of my eyes, yet you’re somehow not in a mental facility! GET OUT!” She yelled while pointing at the door.

Pinkie was shocked at the outburst. Her hair looked as though an explosion went off minus the soot and damage, “I’m sorr-”

“OUT!” Derpy demanded.

Pinkie left. The rest of the day was full of ponies yelling at her and each other, until she crawled into bed early.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment