• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 3,656 Views, 314 Comments

The 2016 Presidential Campaign Goes to Equestria - Admiral Biscuit



After the unification of Earth and Equestria, Presidential hopefuls campaign in Equestria. Things don't go as planned.

  • ...
43
 314
 3,656

Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton

Hillary had taken a different approach than her rival—rather than start from the bottom and work his way up, she decided to start at the top and work her way down. Her campaign managers had assured her that she had one advantage no other candidate did: she didn't have a dick.

She was going to fire that campaign manager, she thought, as she walked past rank upon rank of stallions dressed in glittering golden armor to have a private meeting with Prince Blueblood.

Hillary sat through a rather long-winded introduction, where Prince Blueblood listed off all his accomplishments, in a presentation that was actually accompanied by slides.

She shared a glance of solidarity with the bored-looking mare who was running the slide projector (every vote counted), and then pretended to be interested as Blueblood droned on and on and on and on and on and on.

Finally, he reached the very last slide, which was an artist's interpretation of him shaking hooves with Hillary.

“Let me tell you why you should vote for me,” Hillary began, but Blueblood held up a hoof to forestall her.

“Am I the greatest unicorn in Equestria?” He arched his neck, sending his golden forelock arcing dramatically back across his ear.

“I have not met a unicorn more great than you,” Hillary weaseled.

“Well, you have my vote, then.” Blueblood stuck his nose up in the air and walked towards the door. “Lacky, shake her hoof or whatever it is you commoners do.”

Hillary and Lacky shared a glance. “Do we have to?”

“We can say we did.”

“Good enough.” Hillary gave a polite head nod-and allowed herself to be escorted out of Blueblood's office.

She was still in pretty good spirits; after all, he had promised her a vote, and she was sure that his endorsement counted for a lot.

The next few days of her tour were a resounding success. Everypony she talked to was enthusiastic; they all wanted to hear her message. She got speaking engagements in every major city: Manehattan, Baltimare, Vanhoofer, Cloudsdale—*

Without a moment's hesitation, Hillary stepped out of the balloon to shake hooves with the mayor of Cloudsdale.

All around the landing zone, pegasi eagerly waited for her to re-appear—this was one of the best magic tricks they'd seen since Trixie had visited in a zeppelin. It was only after she failed to reappear after five minutes that an enterprising pegasus decided to make sure that she hadn't fallen through the cloud.

Author's Note:

*I'm sure you can see where this is going