• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 3,646 Views, 314 Comments

The 2016 Presidential Campaign Goes to Equestria - Admiral Biscuit



After the unification of Earth and Equestria, Presidential hopefuls campaign in Equestria. Things don't go as planned.

  • ...
43
 314
 3,646

Epilogue (thank Someone it's over)

Epilogue

And thus it was that Vermin Supreme won the 2016 Presidential election. He fulfilled his campaign promise of a pony for every American, and as his Vice President, Minuette took dental hygiene very seriously.


Source

Comments ( 141 )

Make it a one-shot.

Comment posted by The Space Butterfly deleted Apr 2nd, 2016

7086507

Not bad.

He's most likely to be torn apart by wolves IMHO.

I could see her making this mistake. Too bad this could not happen in real life.

It would if she got out of a real hot air balloon and stepped onto a real cloud. :pinkiecrazy:

Boo the only decent candidate got screwed over!

Which, to be blunt, could be the theme of his campaign.

A boot on Lyra's head for the cover art and you don't add a chapter dedicated to Vermin Supreme? For shame. :ajsleepy:

7086542
He's in the epilogue; what more do you need?

I'm very dissapointed in your choice for president. As an Iowan, I'm required to tell you that you should have decided on DEEZ NUTS.

HAH!!!! WH-H-HAT THE FUCK?! :rainbowlaugh:

When did Dumbledore start running?

7086546

Actually it would have been better (for us) if we elected a pony.

7086543
Sheer confusion when he promises a pony to every pony in Equestria?

7086546
Deez Nuts never promised me a pony.

7086578 :raritystarry: "Ooh, he's going to find everypony a special somepony! He's got my vote!"

7086578
It's a win-win: every American gets a pony they can pet, and every pony gets petted.

Sihv #16 · Apr 2nd, 2016 · · 1 ·

7086588
I call dibs of Fleur.

The trucker who forgot to vote who was the democratic candidate for Governor in Mississippi should run for pres just for lulz

And there was much rejoicing! :pinkiecrazy:

7086514
Because I'm sick and tired of the election season already.

EDIT: Also because Skeeter told me to.

I bet this is why Mayor Mare always winds up unopposed, the attrition rate of candidates...

7086745
That part wasn't covered in the comic.

She probably arranged an accident for her opponent.

7086748 ill write you in 2016

7086761
Yay, I'll get one vote!

im running under the impression you arent fond of any of the candidates

7086819
Vermin. I want my free pony.

So, now I know who Vermin Supreme is...

And I want nothing more in life than to shake that man by the hand.

7086845
Nope. Killing off the mainstream candidates was all I wanted to do.

7086846

I don't know how you did it, but it was funny.

I don't know how I did it, either. Probably being drunk helped.

I think the biggest flaw in the comedy of the story was every candidate dying. It just got repetitive.

7086824

what if you convince the other leading politicians to give away ponies?

7086868
That's what Skeeter wanted. So I had to.

7086874
I'll vote for any politician who's gonna give me a pony.

This was therapeutic. Thank you.

Imagine the other major candidates that pulled out. Like Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, etc

7086893

Perhaps it's a matter of perspective; as one of their representatives you'd never have to worry about anyone challenging your voting record.

Also the end of this story is supremely satisfying, would write-in again!

7086945
Yeah, but what's the point of being a representative if you don't actually get to do anything?

7086948
Uh... I guess you could hang out and make fun of the other representatives?

7086974
Actually, that might be fun. And it would be fairly consequence-free; it's not like they're going to take away your ability to vote.

... Dear, God. I HATE most of the people running this year. I haven't read this yet, but I'm giving it a shot.

And in 2020, they'll give the Cherokee Indians a bunch of delegates to counter the Equestrian votes and hold debates on the surface of the sun.

On the one hand, I want to read it.
On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to see Trump unleashed on Equestria.

7086649 The Lurker, I assume.

Also, got some great laughs out of this. I think my coworkers think I'm crazy now.

Holy crap, someone else who actually knows who Vermin Supreme is. Have all the likes!
Seriously though, with his promises, why the hell aren't more of the bronies voting for him, either out of principal or spite for the broken system...

7086580

Looks like he's sprinkling some...pixie dust...

Without reading this, I am incredibly happy that Vermin Supreme's equestrian counterpart is Lyra.
She promises a Human for every Equestrian.

7086580

The Official Monster Raving Loony party have been campaigning in the UK for over 30 years, they describe their political position as "Sitting, facing forward" and their motto is 'Vote for Insanity', a few of their policies have become law over the years such as pet passports and they even hold seats on a few parish councils, including one held in the name of 'Nick The Flying Brick'.

Best political story possible. Everyone else can cancel any plans they had, at least until the next election season.

I have but one word.




YES

Login or register to comment