• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 1,236 Views, 7 Comments

Ori in Ponyville: The Small Light - Shadow Fantasy



Ori wakes up knowing nothing but her own name.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,236

Lighten Up

Ori POV

Fluttershy, was about to leave to see a pony named Rarity. I didn't want her leave. I didn't want to be alone with all these other animals. I clung on to her, not wanting to let go. "It'll be alright Ori. I won't be gone for long. Just a few hours." Well a few hours is quite long to me. She put me down the ground, but as soon as I could, I got on top of her back. "Ori... well, i guess you'll be okay, but you have to be good. No running off okay. I nodded, that is an easy rule to follow. I am to afraid to any where she wasn't anyways. She walked out the door, me on her back.


' On second thought, maybe I should've stayed. There were strangers everywhere! "Before we go to Rarity's I want to introduce you to some of my other friends along the way." She lifted her hoof and pointed to a very colorful... house? "That's sugar cube corner. That's where Pinkie Pie should be."

Pinkie Pie. what... wh-who... that's an unusual name. She pushed the door open and suddenly, out of no where, a very hyper, entirely pink messy maned Pony greeted us. I probably would have hid somewhere, if there was a place to hide. "Hey Fluttershy, how you doing. Ooh! Who's this little girl? Aw she's so cute." I felt my small helpless body get lifted into the air.

"Umm... I don't think..." Fluttershy tried to say something but she was already behind the counter. "What do you want. We have pink strawberry muffins, blueberry muffins, chocolate cupcakes, lime cupcakes. Rainbow colored cupcakes..." I looked at all the colorful things, wonder what they were. Cupcakes... muffins... what even were these things. "We're fine," Fluttershy told Pinkie Pie. Though I wanted to try one of these "Cupcakes" What did they taste like? I wondered. I jumped down from Fluttershy's back.

"Oh, did you want to try one Ori?" I saw a white one in the back.

"That white one," I said. Pinkie Pie didn't seem to understand, but thankfully Fluttershy did. "She'll take the snow berry cupcake please."

"Sure thing! Here you go." She handed me the cupcake. I took it in my paws.

"Come one Ori, I want you to meet Rarity," Fluttershy told me. I walked beside Fluttershy while still holding the cupcake. I took a small bite of the white stuff on the top. My face lit up, it tasted really good. I took another bite, this time with the small blueberry. This thing tasted so good. I ate the rest of it. While chewing, I felt some sort of papery substance. I spit it out, I wasn't sure what it was. I saw some other ponies coming out of Sugar Cube Corner, they ate their cupcakes except for the paper thing. They would throw those in a black square thing. I threw mine into one. "What did you think of the cupcake?"

"It was really good... um... Fluttershy, why can only you and the other animals understand me?"

"Well, I spend a lot of time with animals and I caught on to what they were saying. I began to learn more about animals to a point where I could understand some of them."

"Oh."

"I can't understand all animals entirely, so we work out a way of communication using pictures or movements. Though, I can understand you completely."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know. The way you speak doesn't sound like any animal sound I've heard. It almost sounds like another language." I shrugged, this all sounded confusing. "You seem to understand ponies very well, why is it that you cannot speak our language?"

"I guess, I never tried," I said.

"Try to say my name, Fluttershy."

"Fluttershy," I said.

"I meant the same way I said it."

"Oh... okay..." I tried to figure out how to say it, "ury... urshy... luttushy..." I shook my head, it felt so weird trying to say it. How do you even do it?

"Try again, Fl-u-tter-shy," she said slowly so I could have an easier time repeating.

"Okay here I go again..." I tried again. "luttry... Flettersy... Fluttery... Fluttershy... Fluttershy!" I did it, it sounded weird coming out of my mouth but I did it. I did a little dance. She laughed, I realized what I did and began to feel embarrassed.

"Good job, Twilight would be pretty impressed. I've never heard an animal learn to talk like us before. Well, here we are." I stood next to Fluttershy when she knocked on the door. The door opened magically. "Twilight, you look absolutely marvelous in that dress."

"Rarity, I appreciate how much effort you are putting into my clothes, but it's been three hours strait and I need to sit down." I saw the two ponies, one who I recognized as Twilight, the other I suppose was Rarity... then there was the dragon that seemed to be floating around the white mare.

"Oh hello dear. Would you like to start trying on your outfits Fluttershy?"

"It would my pleasure, oh, I'd like you to meet someone." She stepped to the side, revealing me. "This is Ori."

"Oh Fluttershy, where did you find such a darling little creature."

"It's actually quite an interesting story."

"You can tell me all about it while you try on your new dresses."

"So I was watching the stars when a small leaf..." Fluttershy's voice became muffled behind the curtains." I saw the green dragon walking towards me.

"Hi, my names Spike. You must be Ori, nice to meet you." He shook my paw. I just smiled, I only learned one word and that was Fluttershy. "Don't talk much?"

"No, you can't really understand, you can't understand me can you? The only one that understands me is Fluttershy."

"...I do recognize Fluttershy, but everything else you said..." the dragon shrugged.

Comments ( 6 )

Care to tell me more about the game? If it sounds good enough, I'll play it.

7141630 Take a look at this.

Please tell me what you think.

I'm really liking this. I play the game and I freaking love it. I hope this continues.

Honest I have played the game it's very good but if you want a challenge do dafinative edition with the game mode set too one life key get ur green tree of skills up any who I won't spoil any ting good luck heros

guys there needs to be more ori story's:fluttershysad::heart:

…..
Ori is not an animal though, but I can see why they thought Ori is.

Login or register to comment