• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 610 Views, 27 Comments

There's always a way - Color Spark



Diamond Tiara is getting sent to a boarding school by her mother, supposedly to "change her low life ways and get her back to how she originally was". However, the CMC their new friend will do everything they can to help Diamond Tiara, or Apple, out.

  • ...
1
 27
 610

Chapter 3: No, seriously. The trains here. Get on it.

Diamond sighed. She couldn't put it off forever. Tears filled her eyes as she walked towards her new friends and sisters. She was never used to feeling this emotional, even when she was first welcomed into the Apple family. Then, she was welcomed with loving hooves into a new family, with ponies who showed that they cared. Even Big Mac, the stone-faced softie of the family managed to show that he really did care for the newest Apple. Heck, he spoke in full sentences! But now, she had to leave the only real family she has ever known, even if only for a short while. This goodbye was something she didn't really now how to put into words.

"I... Guys, I know that... Um, I haven't... I... We never really..." Each attempt never made it more than four words. Diamond's eyes started to get misty. Apple Bloom sighed, and walked over to her sister. She put a hoof around her shoulder, and attempted to comfort her.

"Di, I know it's not okay, so I'm not going to say that, but just know if that if any of the ponies there do anything bad to either you or any of the other fillies there, you have an escape plan. Once you get back, we will be here waiting with open hooves. Just because you'll be saying goodbye now doesn't mean it's forever, Diamond."

After her little speech, Apple Bloom hugged Diamond as hard as she could without squeezing her. Applejack looked at her sister with pride, smiling at the maturity of her words. Sweetie, Scootaloo and Silver Spoon, however, were speechless. Even though she was definitely the "sane" member of the Crusaders, she still, in Silver's standards at least, was a little... immature. Twilight was nodding, showing her approval. Rainbow was zoning out. What did you expect? She's Rainbow Dash. Rarity smiled, and whispered to Pinkie about how Apple Bloom had changed, who was being, well, Pinkie.

"Oh my gosh! Bloomy is being so... so mature! I would've never expected her to say something like that! It's so touching!" Pinkie Pie sniffled as she wiped a tear from her eye, honking into a handkerchief at the same time. How she did that will remain a mystery, however. Rarity rolled her eyes at her friends antics, but she was grinning on the inside. Pinkie was right though; nopony expected Apple Bloom to be this, well, mature. Whether Apple Bloom heard Pinkie call her Bloomy, Rarity was unsure. Either she didn't hear or didn't care, because she was too busy comforting Diamond and whispering encouragement in her ear.

The sweet moment was ruined, however, when a very unwelcome pony suddenly appeared, holding one of the most repulsive dresses the ponies have ever seen.

It had a pink, purple and white colour scheme, with many frills, a lot of lace, and poofy sleeves. Near the top of it, there was a huge collar with even more lace. It was decorated with intricate patterns embroidered into the fabric, with the worst pink Diamond had ever seen in her life. The purple was decent, actually, but she was not going to admit that. What was worse, however, that the pony also had a bag of even more dresses, some of them even worse than the one they were seeing. One or two were actually pretty decent, but again, she was not admitting that.

The five fillies were trying really hard (and failing really bad) not to groan at the sight of her and the dresses. Naturally, this meant they groaned as loud as their little throats can handle. It got worse when she had the nerve to open her mouth to speak.

"Diamond, dear, make sure you get into one of these dresses before you get to Whinneans. They make sure that you'll look your best, all the time. I picked this one out for you to wear first, because we must make a good first impression. Remember this for meeting all important ponies. First impressions like these will make you stand out, and you might be able to get a good contact for future usage, I mean for future relationships!

Also, if you ever want to put your own opinion out there, don't, because they'll make sure you remember NEVER to do that again. Their methods are a little... over the top, I suppose, but very effective! Look at how I turned out. A lot better than that little Spoiled Sweet I used to be. Indeed, Spoiled Rich suits me much better, don't you think?" She handed the bag of dresses to Diamond, who started fake gagging to her friends. Her mother, however, was too wrapped up in praising herself for her wonderful decisions she had made for her daughter to notice what Diamond was doing. When she did look towards Diamond, Diamond had enough practice doing things against her mothers orders and hiding them these past few weeks, she just stood there like the obedient little filly she definitely wasn't, in a last stand in hoping that her mother would get some sanity knocked into her and rethink sending off Diamond to St. Whinneans.


Who names their child Whinneans, anyway? And who made them a saint? Do we even have god in this Fanfiction? I know it isn't canon so... if we don't have god how do we have saints? Is it just something they made up to sound coo-

PINKIE OUT OF THE FOURTH WALL. GET BACK INTO THE STORY AND SAY STUFF WHEN I WANT YOU TO.

Awww.... fine. But why?

BECAUSE I SAID SO. *grabs needle and thread and sews up the fabric of reality*


"Again, Pinkie? Again?" asked Applejack. "I'm getting mighty suspicious of ya, always zoning out and talking to "the author", whoever that is. Stay in this world, please!"

"You know, that's weird, because that's what the author said! Stay in the story!" Pinkie exclaimed. "It's like you're twins or something," she let out a dramatic gasp "What if you are? What if... what if..." Pinkie got this crazy look in her eyes, and Fluttershy took this as her cue to calm the party pony down.

"Pinkie, calm down," she soothed. "And you know AJ doesn't have a twin. She has a brother and a sister, yes, but no twin-" She was cut off at a horrible SCREECH!!! sound coming from a light fuchsia mare.

"Eeeek! WHAT IS THAT I SEE ON YOUR HEAD? Is that... is that... URGH! DESPICABLE!" She turned to the other fillies, hatred filling her eyes when she locked her eyes onto Apple Bloom. She sneered. "I see you're still here, you little rascals. Well, you won't see my daughter for long, anyways." She turned back to Diamond. "Diamond, dear, get into one of these beauties, will you? They need you to look your best. Also, make sure you comb your hair, and do try to get into something a little more... flattering. Maybe some jewellery? I have something that will just be perfect for you. Here it is!" She pulled out a diamond necklace that had way too many diamonds on it, and it looked really heavy. Diamond took it and put it on. Yup, her suspicions were confirmed. Her neck was going to fall off soon.

"Well, run along now. The trains going to go soon. Be sure to stay obedient!" Spoiled told her daughter. She gave the bag of dresses to Diamond, and pulled the the one she was holding over her daughter's head. Diamond, without saying anything to her mother, walked away as slowly as she can towards the train. Spoiled, satisfied with her daughter, went away. As soon as she was out of earshot, Twilight ran up to the filly and gave her a bag.

"Diamond, listen to me. I know what happens at the school and it's not pretty. They use a lot of magic, and I mean a lot of it. Mostly then use it to drag you to them when they need to punish you. Wear these dresses instead; I enchanted them so they will repel any sort of magic a unicorn uses on you. They're a little less... extravagant then the ones your mother picked out, and I hope you like these a little more." When Diamond opened her mouth to protest, Twilight cut her off.

"Don't worry. These dresses I've picked out in one of Canterlot's higher-end boutiques, so you won't get in trouble for having no style." She looked with distaste at the necklace Diamond was wearing, and how her head was sagging with it. She shook her head and brought out another necklace.

"Here, this is one of mine. Much simpler, lighter, and more elegant, but crafted by some of the best jewellers I could find. It's made of diamond, sapphire, emerald, ruby and rose gold. I don't like to wear it much, because it's too flashy. But, just in case you have to have jewellery, wear this. It should be stylish enough for the college. These were very expensive and the style should be instantly recognisable, as the jewellers are very famous." Diamond was speechless. For a while, anyway.

"Th-thanks, Ms. Sparkle. this is really nice, and I think that it's a huge improvement from my previous accessory." She looked at the necklace given to her by her mother, and politely asked Twilight if she could take it and put it somewhere safe. She agreed, and put it in her bag. She studied the necklace.

It was a rose gold chain, but there was a part at the front where there was a small triangle of diamond, and more rose gold chains made a triangle like shape around it.. Hanging from that triangle was a rose pendant, with a big ruby in the middle. The leaves were made of emerald. Also hanging from the triangle, there were two teardrop shaped sapphires, curving towards the rose. After a few seconds, she recognised the designers. The jewels, she knew, was cut by Jewelled Rosette, who specialised in cutting and polishing jewels, mostly in flower shapes. The rose gold chains, however, was made by Emerald Serenity. Nopony else could've made the chains with such precision, and, she realised, embed tiny cut diamonds into the chains every so often. Nopony would bother, except Emerald. This would definitely get her noticed, but whether it was good or bad was yet to be determined. Diamond got her bags and with one last goodbye to all her friends, she boarded the train to Canterlot. She sat down, and listened for the signal.

"THE TRAIN FOR CANTERLOT LEAVES IN 1 MINUTE!"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update! I was set on rereading my entire collection of Rick Riordan's mythology books. My excuse? We're studying mythology in SS. Not to mention reading up on Percabeth... but that aside, my charger also broke (courtesy of me kicking too much under the desk XD) so I tried to stay off Chrome to save battery. Also, I wrote this before, but I forgot to save it... :ajbemused:. If Diamond seems a bit OOC, it's because she's changed. She's meant to be like that.
To make it up to you guys for the late update, this is the longest chapter yet! :D
Hope you liked! Comments will be appreciated, feedback will be used and flames will be used to roast marshmallows.

Comments ( 6 )

And we are off to the horror show...:fluttershbad:
I love Pink Pie and I love the no gods reference, I never did understand poeple viewing Celestia as a god or even sticking references of some kind (like cursing,ect.) of God into MLP espeasilly since the show doesn't have those kinds of refences.

7192004
It annoys me a lot, too. I have nothing against religion or anything (I'm atheist though), but there's literally no evidence in the show to support this God thing. When they make all the characters OOC so that they're religious, it tends to bug me a lot. I don't really like OOC characters, unless it's funny. Cursing doesn't have to be religious, though.

7194244 Actually lol I'm an athiest too, so I never did get that. Yes I love cursing actaully as well, wish I could use it more often but I'm aware it doesn't have to be religious. I have just noticed that when this fandom uses it, it is always in refences to some type of God.

Mostly then use it to drag you to them when they need to punish you. Wear these dresses instead; I enchanted them so they will repel any sort of magic a unicorn uses on you.

Funny enough, I have an headcanon that her headpiece is enchanted to repel magic, because her family is rich hence she is prone to be kidnap. She needs protection against overpowered unicorn magic. :twilightsheepish:

7204074 Cool! I had to enchant something, because I am obsessed. The tiara was destroyed in the 'canon' of the fic, so I couldn't enchant that... So I resorted to the dresses. Why not?

I enjoy this story and the original but am going to assume it has been abandoned. Therefore, I'm going to imagine my own story for this story.

How about...

St. Whinneans is a pun for St. Trinians, and there has been a total staff overhaul since her mother went to the school, but apart from locally, the school still has its old reputation. Nowadays the students get up to tons of bedlam, and Diamond is going to have a great time at the school. She'll end up sending a letter home telling everyone not to worry, and then the school will almost be closed down for a lack of regulation :P

If this was not how you meant the story to end then please update it :P

Login or register to comment