• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 609 Views, 27 Comments

There's always a way - Color Spark



Diamond Tiara is getting sent to a boarding school by her mother, supposedly to "change her low life ways and get her back to how she originally was". However, the CMC their new friend will do everything they can to help Diamond Tiara, or Apple, out.

  • ...
1
 27
 609

Chapter 1: Midnight Escape and the Plan

Chapter 1.

Diamond Tiara, or Diamond Apple as she was now called, was incredibly distressed. Her mother, Spoiled Rich, had decided to send her off to the most brutal, toughest school in Equestria. It will basically turn any student sent there into a personality-less, obedient pony, perfect for showing off at parties or big social events. It cost a fortune to enroll to; you would think that any pony in their right mind would not spend a freak ton of money to get their foal whipped and beaten. Like, seriously. What?

Diamond was about to get sent there. Her bags were packed, and she had decided to sneak out of her mansion, in the dead of the night, to see her new friends one last time. She knew that the CMC and Silver Spoon were having a sleepover. In all honesty, they planned this for weeks, knowing that Diamond would leave the next day. This gave her the perfect opportunity to sneak out and see them all at once.

Diamond checked her equipment one last time. Water? Check. Apple snacks? Check. The red bow Apple Bloom first gave her? Check. At least, it looked like the original. Diamond smiled to herself in the mirror. Bloom had somehow managed to find a way to make sure that it will never fall off, no matter how hard her mother tugs at it, no matter how much she rages. The only reason why she refused to cut it is that this was a copy made of silk. Her mother wouldn’t damage something as “precious” and “valuable” as that. Di sighed to herself. She was pretty sure that her mother would put these over the life of her own daughter. Nearly happened once, but that was another story for another day.

Diamond looked around the mansion courtyard, and seeing the guards weren’t there, dropped into neatly trimmed flower beds. Her mother was going to be furious, no doubt about that. But she didn’t care about what her “loving and caring” mother thought anymore. Those days were LONG gone. She was Diamond Apple now, and until her parents, specifically her mother, changed their ways, the name was there to stay.

She quickly ran over to Sugarcube Corner, where Scootaloo had graciously offered to pick her up. She didn’t mind the crazy driving anymore; she got used to it. the only thing that mattered now was that she got there, and fast.

“Pst! Di! Over here!” A voice hissed around the corner. Diamond grinned and turned around to see Scootaloo pressing herself against the back wall of Sugarcube Corner, grinning like a mad filly, holding out a spare helmet whilst standing on her scooter. “Come on! We don’t have all night; hop on!” Diamond nodded her thanks, took the helmet, and hopped onto the scooter behind Scootaloo.

They were off like the Flash, the new Marevel super-pony. Diamond waved her hooves in the air, whispering “Woo-hoo!” like a light pink and purple version of Fluttershy. With a bow, of course.

“Shuddup, Di! We’re already here!” Scootaloo said. Diamond stopped and looked around her.

“That was fast…”

“Course it was! There’s a reason I’m the fastest pony in class,” she bragged. “Anyway, let’s get in, the girls are waiting!”


“Your mom is actually going to send you to St. Whinneans, isn’t she, Di?” Asked Silver, shaking her head. She, Diamond Apple, and the CMC were in the middle of a card game. She dealt the next hoof. “I mean, I knew she was a BRAT, but I didn’t know she was THAT shameful to pony kind.” Diamond sighed.

“I know, right? I mean, she’s NEVER in her right mind, that we all know, always in a demented state. Still, to someone that hasn’t faced her wrath for as long as I have, you would find it surprising.” Diamond suddenly felt tired, all the loneliness of the days going to pass washing over her. She sighed and leaned against the wall. “I know it’s impossible, but I really wish there was a miracle that could save me from goi-”

POOF

“Gah!” Diamond whelped, leaping backwards in an amazing show of acrobatics as a cloud of smoke suddenly appeared right next to her.

“Hello hello hello, ladies! I heard our favourite Tiara was having some troubles, hm?” A voice asked.

“Discord, what in tarnation are ya doing here?” Apple Bloom asked. Discord chuckled and snapped his fingers, teleporting him next to Diamond. She cringed as he put his arm around her.

“I heard on the grapevine” – their eyes widened as a grapevine suddenly appeared, with an ear on the end – “That our favourite piece of jewelry was going to be sent to a horrible torture house, am I right?” He looked around as if expecting a reaction. He then realized the grapevine had wrapped itself around Diamond Tiara, and all the fillies were giving him a flat look. He burst out laughing. “Oh, my little fillies, can’t take a joke?” Their glares just intensified. He muttered under his breath. “Party poopers; party poopers everywhere,” and with a clap of his hands, the grapevine was gone.

“Finally!” Exclaimed Diamond Tiara. “That thing was choking me!” Apple Bloom just raised an eyebrow.

“Discord, I’m gonna ask you again. What in tarnation are ya doing here?” She emphasized each word. Discord glanced at her, and with a mischievous grin on his face, decided it would be easier to explain if none of them going to interrupt him. He snapped his fingers, and with an audible ‘poof’, all the fillies’ mouths were gone.

“MMMPH!” the fillies whined. Discord just shook his finger at them.

“Nuh uh-uh, little fillies. I need to explain how I can help, as ordered by Egghead Sparkle, aka Twilight, our precious little Diamond. We can’t have her going bad again, can we?” They all nodded. “Glad we all are in agreement. Anyways, since Diamond here will be going to St. Whippians –” he paused for dramatic effect “– our sweet little princess has decided that she will need some backup, in case things get a little… messy. So, if she feels the need, she will have a whistle” –he summoned a whistle – “but she can only blow on it once. I don’t know why she wouldn’t blow in it instantly, but hey, maybe she can find a home there. YEOWWCH!”

Hearing this, Diamond had walked over and smacked him with as much strength as she could muster. She began making a lot of very angry, muffled noises as she waved her arms around. It was quite a comical site; her friends began snickering, at least, snickering as best as they could without a mouth. Discord poofed her back into her spot, this time, with her stuck to a chair.

“That was a joke, Diamond. JOKE, spelled J-O-K-E. JOKE. Okay? Good. As I was saying before I was interrupted by a slap to the face,” he said, shooting a glare at Diamond, “She will have a whistle to blow if things get out of hand. What would the whistle do, you may ask? Well, let’s just say, I don’t think any sort of whips or beatings would do good against the Lord of Chaos, don’t you think?” He gave them back their mouths. He made a hand motion that basically said ‘go on, insult the plan all you want now’, and waited for their reaction. Diamond, surprisingly, was the first to speak.
“Discord… I never thought I’d say this… but that’s a… amazing, actually.” Then she winced. “I can’t believe I just called a plan of the Lord of Chaos amazing.”
“Doesn’t matter, as long as you get out of there safe and sound.” Silver had walked over and put her hoof around Diamond. She whispered in Diamonds ear. “Use the thing as soon as possible so you don’t have to put up with anything.” Diamond grinned, then nodded. She was going to be sent there for several thousand bits, for nothing. Good thing they were her mother’s bits. She didn’t mind that one bit. She yawned. It was getting late; so after the card game, she bid farewell to her friends and asked Discord to teleport her back home. As much as she loved her friends, she didn’t trust Scootaloo this late at night.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!
By the way, feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated! :pinkiehappy: