• Published 12th Mar 2016
  • 609 Views, 27 Comments

There's always a way - Color Spark



Diamond Tiara is getting sent to a boarding school by her mother, supposedly to "change her low life ways and get her back to how she originally was". However, the CMC their new friend will do everything they can to help Diamond Tiara, or Apple, out.

  • ...
1
 27
 609

Chapter 2: Leaving Home

Sadness hung in the air as Diamond Apple's (as her new name suggests, she is now part of the Apple family, even though they aren't connected by blood) friends mentally prepared themselves to say goodbye to her. They were currently in a carriage, going to the train station to meet Diamond Apple. sponsored by Silver Sterling, Silver Spoon's mother. The silence was thick; it's never fun to say goodbye to a friend, even for short while. At least, they hoped it was going to be a short while. They thought back to the previous day. Before the sleepover, Diamond's friends had decided to make a banner which would be held up by Sweetie Belle. Her friends were amazing; much better than having only one, wasn't it?


I know right? It's sooooo much more fun if you have friends around! I've always been nervicited about having Discord around, I mean, he's reformed but...

Pinkie Pie, OUT. YOUR PART IS COMING. WAIT YOUR TURN.

Okey dokey lokey!


"Who in Equestria are you talking to, Pinkie?" Over in another carriage, this one paid for by Princess Twilight Sparkle, rode the Elements of Harmony. Twilight, like all her other friends, were very confused of why Pinkie was always zoning out and talking to walls.

"The Author!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"What?" Now Twilight was even more confused.

"The Author, silly! The one who's in control of our lives and making me say these things!" Twilight just decided to leave it. Rainbow Dash facehoofed. Had she not learned yet?


Everypony winced when they heard yelling.

"Why? WHY? I am doing this for your own good, Diamond Tiara! You have been brainwashed by those fillies, your father, all the low lifes! Especially... I don't even want to say her name! YOU DO NOT SOCIALISE WITH THEM. EVER! UNDERSTAND? EVER!"

Inside the fillies carriage, Apple Bloom retreated from the window and sighed. She never understood why Spoiled hated her specifically. Maybe it was because she got a read on her before. Maybe it was because she yelled and insulted her in front of her own daughter; 'least she enjoyed it. Maybe it was before she ruined her project. She heard from Diamond that her mother had called her a project. A PROJECT. No self-respecting pony would call their own foal a PROJECT. Well, Spoiled was self respecting, but not in the way most ponies would imagine. Most ponies self-respecting would mean they were nice, they were liked around the community, and they were known for niceness. Sadly, that was nearly the opposite of Spoiled's definition of self-respecting. Oh well.

Spoiled yelped as she got pushed aside by a blue aura.

"Excuse me, Spoiled bi- I mean, Rich, but we are here to give your daughter a proper sendoff before she promptly gets whipped upon arrival. Oh, they don't do that? Silly me. I thought the school wanted to kill the foals." Rarity laughed dryly as Spoiled gave her a glare, but she cut her off before Spoiled can speak. "Darling, usually I would be disgusted with myself for being so uncouth, but since it's you, I think it's for the better. You do realise your darling daughter would hate you even more now? And before you question that, my Sweetie has informed me what exactly Diamond Apple's view of you is." Even though she wasn't her foster mother for the short time span which she was taken into the loving hooves of her new family, the Apples (which she actually considered much more family-like over her own), Rarity still seemed like her sister. But, Diamond thought, she could do without the over protectiveness. It's still nice to have sometimes, though. Makes her seem like she actually cares about you, unlike another family member she could relate to.


Suddenly, she heard someone clap their hooves. Actually, they didn't sound like hooves. Then, she realised she couldn't move. Everything had seemingly frozen in place. What? Also, her mother was nowhere to be seen. That's a relief, she thought.

Gah! She thought. She couldn't say anything, so she thought it instead. Discord had decided to appear, this time with nopony interrupting him, he decided to get straight to the point. At least, as straight forward as you can get when talking with Discord. Nopony gets straight answers from Discord.

"We meet again, pumpkin!" Diamond tried to glare at him. Keyword? Tried. She was still stuck in time. Discord seemed to read her mind (who knows, he could've) and unfreezed her, but with the threat that he would do it again if she interrupted him. Diamond nodded her agreement. "Ok, let's continue. So, remember that little chat we had last night? Do you? Do you?" Diamond nodded. She was going to turn into a bobble head soon, she thought. "Remember I said that you would get a whistle if the going gets tough? Remember?" Annoyance flashed in Diamond's eyes as she nodded again. "Here it is! Like it? Like it? I"M ASKING YOU SOMETHING!" He yelled in her face. She didn't respond. "Little pony, not replying is considered rude. You shall now be sent to boot camp," he said in a poor imitation of Spoiled. Diamond patience was run too thin.

"DON'T YOU REMIND ME OF HER! I DON'T CARE ABOUT MY SO CALLED "SELF IMAGE" THAT MY IDIOT OF A MOTHER SET UP ANY MORE!" Discord's eyes widened as she raged. Then he chuckled and pushed her back.

"Whoa there. Calm DOWN! Ponies really need to learn to take a joke." Diamond stopped, and glared at him.

"Mr. I'm-really-starting-to-dislike-you-now, you do realise you haven't given me the stupid whistle yet... right?"

"Oh right! It was at the back of my mind, Di. Do you mind if I call you that?" Diamond opened her mouth to speak, but Discord cut her off. "Whatever. As if I care! Anyway," he paused, "I still need to give you the whistle, Princess Egghead's orders." He gave his head one hard smack, and a whistle fell out of his ear. Diamond reclined in disgust.

"Eww..." was all she said.

"Well? Take it!" He took her hoof and shoved the whistle into her hoof. When he retracted his paw, Diamond held the whistle by the end and examined it from there. It seemed like a regular whistle; made from silver (she had some sort of expertise in recognising precious metals), with a logo embedded in the side. It looked like a rain cloud dripping water, but below it was a cup that was catching the "water". Recognising the scene instantly, she shot a flat look at Discord. He just shrugged. Then he summoned chocolate milk. He offered one to Diamond. She took the cup and drank the milk. Her eyes widened. Although she would never admit this, it was probably the best chocolate milk she ever had. She quickly downed the rest of the beverage, and wiped her mouth with the back of her hoof. Her mother wasn't here, so who cares? She jumped as she heard an explosion. Chocolate milk apparently can explode. Discord finally unfreezed everypony.

"Well, my job here is done! Ta-taa, everypony!" He disappeared.

"ALL ABOARD THE TRAIN TO CANTERLOT!"

Author's Note:

Is it obvious that Discord is one of my favourite characters XD?
Sadly, he's not going to appear again until the end :fluttercry:
Oh well, what can you do?
As always, thanks for reading, and leave any sort of feedback in the comments below. Just a side note, flames will be used to roast marshmallows. Just gonna tell you that.