• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 1,223 Views, 22 Comments

Mistakes? - Spaz-TanukiWolf



Scootaloo must cope with the decisions that her friend Button Mash recently made.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,223

Chapter 4: Depersonalized

Scootaloo stared at the blood. Color draining from her face. Her ears drooped and tears slowly leaked from her eyes. A soft gasp escaped her. Limping, she snuck into the bathroom. Using her right hoof, she opened the cabinet and grabbed some bandages. She wrapped them tightly around her wound, applying pressure. Once she finished she taped the bandages in place. She raised a brow and inspected her first-aide work. No blood was leaking through the bandages, so she concluded she had successfully stopped the bleeding.

"Well, that doesn't look suspicious at all," she scoffed at herself. Attempting not to limp, she returned to her room. She went to her dresser and opened her workout clothes drawer. She moved aside all the hats and headbands, looking for one item in particular. "Come on, where is it?" She huffed and frowned before slamming the drawer shut. Tapping her right hoof on the ground impatiently, she gazed about the room and caught a glimpse of something blue under her bed.

Scootaloo's eyes opened wider and she smirked. Reaching under her bed, she found a blue wristband with a Wonderbolts symbol on it. Rainbow Dash had bought it for her last time they went to watch the Wonderbolts perform. She carefully slid the wristband over her bandages and made sure it covered them completely. Practicing trotting on her newly injured arm, she went to her mirror. She looked at herself from all angles, trying to convince herself that the wristband didn't look fishy. She was already confused by what she'd done, and certainly didn't want anypony else asking questions about it.

After investigating herself to satisfaction she went and hopped up onto her bed. She let herself fall down on her side, and stayed there how her body fell somewhat bent in half. Scootaloo spent several minutes just staring at the wall blinking, not a single though in her head. No emotion showed on her face. She was breathing slowly and regularly, but other than that she did not move. It was almost as if she were detached from herself and all thought. She didn't feel. She merely existed.

After about an hour he sighed and rolled over. Scootaloo closed her eyes and covered her muzzle with her arm. She felt the warmth of her breath on her arm. A cool breeze rolled into her room from her window. She could hear it whistle and feel it's cold brush through her fur. She could feel the sheets on her bed beneath her, and the thickness of the mattress push back against the weight of her body. The clock ticked as always, and it began to annoy her. After realizing she could sense all of these things around her, anxiety began to creep back in along with all her other usual thoughts and feeling. She became Scootaloo again, no longer detached.

"I need something sweet to eat," Scootaloo thought. "That'll help."

Grabbing her saddle bags and a few bits, she left her room and mounted her scooter. Using her wings to propel her, she traveled swiftly to Sugar Cube corner.

Comments ( 8 )

7348794
Both chapters 2 and 4 finally exist

PLEASE FINISH THE STORY

9407161
Actually started working on more recently. Been through a lot lately, but I'm finally in a place where I can finish this

9440311
Omg thank you if you finish this story I will be so grateful

Comment posted by YoursTruly deleted May 21st, 2020
Comment posted by YoursTruly deleted Apr 23rd, 2022
Login or register to comment