• Published 22nd Jan 2016
  • 5,258 Views, 304 Comments

Seven Scrolls For Discord - Lise



Seven scrolls make their way to Discord's home — seven responses to his mass mail. Now is the time to discover the identity of his secret admirer... and find out what the other six senders want.

  • ...
9
 304
 5,258

3. Dear Discord, This is awesome!

"Two down, five to go," Discord grinned, juggling the scrolls as he did. The ones so far were just too amusing! There was passion, chaos, betrayal — everything that went in a good movie. And above all, there was love… so much love stored within, that Discord could easily use them for changeling fishing. With such bait, he was likely to catch at least a crate-full, possibly a Queen.

"I really shouldn't be doing this," he said halfheartedly. "Then again, one more can't hurt. Three’s the charm, after all."

Four of the scrolls vanished, leaving one on the air. Discord grabbed it greedily, then unrolled it with one swift action. To his amazement a small brown pouch fell out to the floor. This, he did not expect. Cautiously, the draconequus took the pouch and peeled it open. Inside were a small sparkling emerald, part of a purple ribbon, a white fluffy bunny tail, a hoof bracelet of solid gold, and a the page of a book.

"Daring Do and the quest for the sapphire stone?" Discord blinked. Tears formed on the top of his eyes. "I never thought anypony would care so much to send me all this..."

Still sniffling, he looked at the scroll... And on cringed in horror. This was the worst hoof writing he had ever seen!

Dear Discord,

This is awesome! Oh my gosh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me! Oh! My! Gosh! Ever since your lame cool reign of chaos, last year, I've been trying everything to grab your attention. Boy, you really are slow dumb difficult to have your attention grabbed! Or maybe you were just testing me? That's cool. I can totally understand it — you want nothing but the best, and let me tell you, I am the best! By the stars, you'll never find anypony more loyal and dependable and fast and cool and the other thing (you know — the thing thing).

Also, I don't snore! but if you think it's a plus I so much do! Rainbow 'Snoring' Dash they call me, but only if you find it cool.

So, you and Luna, eh? Didn't see that coming. I guess that's why she never shows up at the Galas. Always did wonder about that. Am totally cool with you and Celestia getting back and all, and don't you deny it — I could see you exchange glances miles away. Just, you know, give Fluttershy a chance, okay? I know she's all shy and really tries to hide it, but she really is into you. You should have seen her after the last Gala! She actually flew to my place, FLEW, just to cry her eyes out. She went on and on and on about how it was a mistake to invite Tree Hugger, and how she was afraid you weren't going to speak to her ever again.

Anyway, I've brought you everything you asked for (please don't tell Fluttershy, she thinks I trimmed Angel's tail by accident), plus a bracelet for Screwball. Please see that she gets it, ok? And let me know what she thinks. But don't tell her it's from me. Actually, tell her it's from me and tell me what she says! Just, you know, do something! Between you and me, I really fell hard for her, like really really hard! I blame thank you for that. If it weren't for your silly games hiding the elements of Harmony and all, I would never have bumped into her. She's so cool, like really, and she could be so fast when she wants to. It's clear she takes her great looks from Princess Celestia.

And don't worry about the lessons. I've already been giving Screwball plenty. Quite the quick learner you have. That's why it's so cool that you gave me your blessing! Screwball has been telling me about chaos, and that it’s expected that you ask for a gift before agreeing to the marriage. Bet you thought I couldn't get all those things, eh? Still, don't expect me to start calling you "dad". That would be mega uncool.

Also, no chaos creatures at the wedding! Well, other than you, Deliria and Screwball. I saw, what that Smooze did at the Gala, and am not having the same happen at my wedding! Besides, this will be a cloud wedding, so anything that doesn't fly will fall through anyway. Also, we have already discussed things with Screwball, and she has agreed to go ahead with a traditional pegasus wedding, which means she'll be wearing wings during the ceremony (at least).

And I'll have you know our love life will work out just fine! Like, we've been seeing each other for months and things are great! So don't you start scaring her with words of doom and gloom!

Anyway, must rush. I have to catch Twilight to organize the wedding, and Rarity to take care of the clothes. I'll also be inviting the Princesses, so don't you start anything! If you humiliate Screws on her wedding day, I'll turn you to stone, then smash you into a thousand little pieces!

Cya!

RD

P.S. Screwball will move in with me after the wedding. My place is huge, and has the best view in Equestria. Not sure I should be telling you this, but my folks are quite rich. Besides, I'll provide for everything Screws might need. It's a sure thing that I'll become an active Wonderbolt in an year, tops. Also, if I manage to convince her, Screws might, as well.

For several minutes, Discord just stood there, incapable of movement. What had he just read? This made no sense! It was impossible, unbelievable, infuriating! The scrolls were supposed to be fun, and the first two had been... more or less. This last one, however, filled him with undying rage.

"Screwball!" the draconequus bellowed as loud as he could muster, causing his entire home to treble. "Is there anything you wish to tell me?!"

Author's Note:

Three read... four remaining.