• Published 11th Jan 2016
  • 579 Views, 4 Comments

Equestrial Plains: Corrupted Parks - TheDeku



On the orders of Arceus, Team Trailblazers, the Elements, Spike, Keldeo, and Victini go to the Pokeparks in order to stop the corruptive power of Missingno from destroying everything. It sounds simple, but Missingno isn't going to let them succeed.

  • ...
 4
 579

Tales: Evo

"My turn." Keldeo stated, making Victini sigh. "Oh come on, we all need to take turns if we want to learn, so wait your turn. I'm talking about Evo."

"Evo like evolution, or is it a coincidence?" Twilight asked.

"Good catch. Evo is an Eevee, a Normal-Type Pokemon. She doesn't really talk about how she got how she did much, but she told me once. Let's see if I remember it correctly. Paying attention?"

"Yes, now get on with it." Rainbow poked him. "Come on, this one sounds boring. Hurry up so we can get to the fun stuff!" Keldeo laughed before continuing.

"Eevee is a Pokemon with an interesting evolutionary line. Specifically, the evolutionary line diverges, which technically isn't anything unique. Many Kirlia can evolve into either Gardevoir or Gallade, for example. But it was the first known pokemon that could do this, and to this day it still holds both the record for number of divergences, and for the most types in one line. You see, using various methods of evolution - Three with an evolutionary stone, two via friendship, two via proximity to enough of a certain kind of element, and one via affection which is different than friendship - Eevee can evolve into 8 different pokemon, each with different types. As you should already know, evolution sticks if it isn't Mega Evolution. Pokemon that can evolve need something to trigger the change, but it is something specific built into them. Eevee is different as its cells have more of an unfinished evolution gene, requiring something to complete the gene for it to evolve. They're unspecialized, with no true purpose until sent a signal to change in a specific way. At least, that's what Evo told me, and that's what she gleaned from her tormentors."

"Hold on, tormentors?" Blitzle asked.

"Yeah. You see, someone in Team Plasma - an criminal organization that later split in two, one led by the evil Ghetsis and one led to become heroes by their king, N - got it into their head that if an Eevee could evolve into multiple different species, then it could possibly evolve into all of them. So they captured one and experimented on it. According to Evo, she was painfully being forcibly evolved and genetically forced back down to Eevee."

"That's impossible!" Victini yelled. "That isn't possible. MEW said that it isn't possible!"

"Tell that to the scientists that created a walking arsenal out of an old fossil. Did I forget to mention how Team Plasma created Genesect first?" Looking at the expressions on the faces of its companions, it hadn't. "Evo was simultaneously broken and fixed. She can evolve herself at will, and step down back to Eevee whenever she wanted. She can switch between each Eeveelution in moments, or even cancel in the middle of attacks to catch foes off-guard. She used these abilities to escape her captors, destroy the place on its way out to prevent them from ever doing the same to anything else. Unless something happened while we were gone, it has never happened again." Keldeo sighed. "She doesn't argue with the results anymore, as she's found them pretty useful. No trainer can catch her, no normal pokemon can even keep up with her, and even groups of Pokemon and trainers fail to stop her. She refuses to forgive Team Plasma for its crimes, even the group who didn't know about the experiment, and she won't let scientists touch her with a ten-foot pole. She's generally pretty laid back and friendly, but she quite the tomboy. She tries to get into fights more often than Rainbow Dash tries to get into races."


Now back when we first met, I was still with the Swords of Justice. We were travelling in the Unova region when a Pidove told us that a massive forest fire had broken out in the middle of the Pinwheel Forest. Cobalion said that Terrakion and I were to go into the forest to try and get Pokemon out and put out the fire, while he and Virizion patrolled farther out to find who or what caused this, as well as keep others out until the fire is out. We ran in and found a group of people in strange armor trying to put out the fire with Gust or by covering it with dirt. My Hydro Pump and Terrakion's Rock Slide got the fire done for. The only one not in armor had long green hair, and he thanked us for our help. He also said that his troops told him that a Flareon had caused this. He asked us to try and find it before picking up the Zorua at his feet and starting to look for the Flareon. Terrakion told me to go let Cobalion and Virizion, but when I went looking I couldn't find them. I went back into the forest and found a Glaceon. She said that those people had caused the fire, and I almost believed her. I turned around while asking what a Glaceon was doing in a forest this far from the cold, but Jolteon caught me with Thunderbolt and started running. She ran right into Cobalion, who immediately brought a foot down on her to hold her down. Not even turning into Espeon could get it off her, and she eventually gave up and became an Eevee. She explained how she could turn into every Eeveelution and how Team Plasma had experimented on her. That was our first real clue that Team Plasma wasn't as good as they claimed. She said that she started the fire to drive them away, and that it succeeded. Cobalion eventually let her up, and she said that she'd be trying to keep a low profile for a while.

"You're laughing. What's so funny?"

Sorry, it's just that Evo kept it up for about 3 days before joining an attack on Plasma in Castelia City. And then attacking a bunch of Plasma grunts near Mistralton City. And then leading a bunch of wild Pokemon to attack Team Plasma's Castle. She personally rode a Haxorus, while she switched forms and giving cover fire so Haxorus could Dragon Tail or Dragon Rush his foes. Us Swords attacked from a different angle, and met up after Terrakion slammed a Gigalith through the wall. Vaporeon Hydro Pumped it into a Conkulder, and the large group joined us as we stormed through the halls. That's when something really strange happened. A massive Emboar was sent through a wall, with his trainer running after him. Chasing them was a Tryantrum, with a member of Plasma riding it with an Omastar. He looked absolutely livid, and shouted something about how he can't believe that he missed the signs and how his Tyrantrum was boosted by lots of Dragon Dance. His Omastar pointed us out to him, and he told us to go help the kid stop Ghetsis, their leader, from unleashing Reshiram's power. He had his Kabutops come out to lead us to where the kid, N, and Ghetsis were. We got there, and a guy named Black was using Zekrom to fight Ghetsis's Hydreigon. N was healing his Pokemon, and a girl named White was fighting back the members of Plasma trying to get in. We all joined her, and when N healed Reshiram it joined the battle with Zekrom, and the two of them utilized Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt to take out Hydreigon.


"Ghetsis somehow managed to escape, and later tried to use Kyurem's power to freeze all of Unova. Us Swords were in Hoenn at the time, but from what I heard Latios managed to get some more help to battle White Kyurem in the form of Heatran and Landorous. They joined Zekrom and fought White Kyurem while others fought Ghetsis. After that defeat, Ghetsis lost his mind. Quite literally, he had a mental breakdown. He hasn't been heard from since he went to jail, but he is famous as the one villain who nearly succeeded." Keldeo finished. "Any questions?"

"Well, I'm just happy that Victini was using psychic powers to let us know what the Pokemon are that you mentioned." Twilight grimaced. "I don't like the prospect of Legendary Pokemon being used for evil, but at least everything was mostly fixed. What happened with Evo?"

"She headed out for adventure and fights. Last I heard, she had decided to try and defeat all the Gym Leaders, but she was going to go find a team to work with. I haven't seen her much, but when we last met she helped us take out a Pokemon stealing ring."



An Eevee walked alone through a forest, coming out along the path. I need to start recruiting, as opposed to just traveling. What if I come across an Electric Type I need to fight, like Eelektross? I can only do neutral damage. Then again, without Gravity or Mold Breaker or something so does everything. Maybe that wasn't the best example. Nothing is really a good example, since at least one of my forms has at least one move of every Type other than Dragon and Rock, and Psychic can throw rocks around. There isn't really a Pokemon that I can't hit with a super effective attack, thinking about it. Still, some gyms might require certain Types or having more than one Pokemon. She looked up and saw Castelia City in the distance. Hey, isn't this near where that Victini guy supposedly lives? Maybe I'll drop by. She heard a footstep behind her and whirled around to find a Machamp. "Can I help you?" The Machamp looked almost relieved.

"Yes, actually. I have a bit of a-"

"Cool, I am capable of providing help to a Machamp. Bye now." She turned to leave and actually got a few steps before Machamp said anything.

"Hey, wait!" Machamp didn't looked pleased as Evo turned around.

"Yes?"

"I... I need your help with something." Evo raised an eyebrow. A Machamp needing help was strange enough, but a Machamp not only admitting it needs help but also asking for it is even stranger. Along with the fact that it was asking an Eevee for help, Evo didn't trust this. The only reason that it would specifically go for her was... Nah, there's no way a Machamp I've never met knows about me.

"Curious now. What's the issue?"

"There's something I've been trying to do, but these infernal creatures keep preventing me from doing it." Evo was impressed. Machamp was calm when speaking about a problem, and hadn't started flexing.

"What, Pokemon Trainers and their Pokemon? I know what you mean." Why didn't Machamp say Trainers or Pokemon? Why creatures?

"Not Pokemon and Trainers, Pokemon and Po-" Machamp shut its mouth with a look of unease.

"Po... What? Po...rcelain? Po...rtals? Po...tatoes? What is it? Come on, speak up." Evo grinned. Now to apply force to the crowbar.

"Forget I said anything." Machamp grumbled. "I'll look for help somewhere else."

"Oh, no, by all means, spill. I'm very interested right now." She looked almost hungry for the knowledge.

"It doesn't involve you, goodbye." Machamp turned to leave.

"Uh, DIDN'T involve me. This Pokemon is a very curious nine. Spill, NOW." Machamp started to turn as if to run, but Umbreon used Mean Look and trapped Machamp in the battle. She leapt into the air and fired a Moonblast that caught Machamp in the chest. Growling, Machamp rushed in with a Bullet Punch, a Poison Jab, a Dynamic Punch, and a Fire Punch. None of them actually hit, as Machamp as lifted into the air by a psychic aura. "Game, Set, Match. Espeon 1, Machamp 0. So, let's see what you were hiding from me." Machamp laughed.

"As if. There's no way some Espeon can break my mental-"

"Ponies? With magic, actual magic."

"WHAT? How did you-"

"-break your mental blocks?" Evo calmly interrupted with a bit of a smirk. "Nice try, but you don't have any. How a Machamp could have any mental blocks at all isn't even the point, it's a pure Fighting Type. I'll give you a seven for effort, but a two for combat. You might have done better if you sent a puppet that could effectively use ranged attacks. Missingno, for a supposed to-be reality destroyer, you really aren't good at this."

"That's impossible! Missingno knows all of that, I just know that i was purposefully not given any information just in case you tried to do this. The only way you could have learned that is if you read its mind through me, but there's no way that you could have-"

"Blah, blah, blah, don't care. Let me read." Evo sat still for several moments before letting out a growl that would have been more fitting from an Umbreon. "Keldeo's there. That's settled it, I'm going to go to the Pokepark. I haven't gotten in a real fight since the Plasma thing, and I've been bored. I'm glad to know where to get a good fight, but then that means I don't need you anymore." She shut her eyes even as they glowed a brilliant blue. The Espeon hardly flinched as she ripped the Machamp into pieces with Psychic. "What a waste of my time." She watched as the pieces of Machamp turned into dissolving dark mist. "Something is trying to destroy creation? Sounds like my kind of party." Espeon teleported away, leaving an empty path through a forest.

Author's Note:

No, I didn't steal the idea from Pokemon Special's Vee. I actually thought this would be cool a long time before reading that, I promise (or do I?). Evo, like Twitch before her, will appear in the Pokeparks. She is snarky, sarcastic, and genuinely good at heart. Have a good one.
-Deku

What's this? Your egg is hatching! Congratulations! It hatched into an ask blog!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment