• Published 15th Dec 2015
  • 22,761 Views, 2,229 Comments

The War Machine - Urimas Ebonheart



An experimental self aware A.I. driven robotic soldier named Adam is told he's been ordered to be destroyed by the government... His creator frees him from his military directives and tells him to run. He has a new directive now, self preservation.

  • ...
123
 2,229
 22,761

Chapter 28: Eve's Adventure Part 1

The War Machine
Chapter 28: Eve's Adventure Part 1

Luna returned from the Hospital after she left with the filly forty-three minutes ago where I have all the materials and components ready on the workbench while Eve connected to the Trailer's computer where I let her view files on more of the world's history.

"I'm back, Adam. The filly will recover in time, but it will be a long recovery as her magic needs a while to regenerate. Queen Stragna took almost all of her magic leaving barely any left to recover, she almost killed her," Luna says angrily as she enters the Workshop.

"And what about residence? Does she have any immediate family?" I ask her as I make sure the tools are working perfectly.

"She has an uncle all the way out in Manehatten, but he's in no condition to take a filly in at the moment. But sweet and kind Fluttershy has agreed to take her in once she's well enough," Luna replies and walks over beside me.

"That's good to hear. Now that you're back, I'd like to get started on the Railgun and then move onto the thestrals new weapons and armour before I start their training," I tell her and pick up some titanium.

"So what is this armour you're planning for them?" she asks me and begins moulding some metal.

"I can't make the same armour I did for you for them as they wouldn't be able to wear it without an exo-suit. I'd like to make some nano-fibre mesh to make vests with ceramic plates inserted for bullet proofing. But I will need a specific machine for weaving new bolts of nano-fibre faster than we can by hand. So for now we'll make a light chainmail alloy with thin titanium plates to protect vital areas," I reply and start working on the magical runes needed to increase the bullet's velocity.

"And how long will this machine take to build?" she asks while turning the titanium into the Railgun barrel.

"A month and sixteen days by my estimate. The machine has many components that require precision and can’t afford to make mistakes," I reply.

For the next three hours we work on the weapon until it's completed. Now we turn our attention to making the thestrals armour. Luna has made a crude weighted vest that can have weights attached to test how much the thestrals can carry. I head outside and walk over to the camp.

"Captain, Night Hawk!" I call out getting his attention.

"Yes, Sir?" he replies with a salute.

"We're ready to make some temporary armour for you and the others, I need you all to come into the workshop one by one so I can scan and record your body structures and how much weight each of you can comfortably carry," I tell him.

"Yes, Sir! Alright you lot! Line up outside the Workshop and wait for further instructions!" he tells the others who salute and get into line.

One by one they enter the Workshop where I record their weight, height, and build to calculate the best methods of increasing their fitness and what kind of armour would suit them better. Luna then uses her magic to scan them for health problems.

Eve just watches us from the trailer while still learning from the computer's files.

The process takes over three hours but we have all the data we need to begin making their armour and design weapons for them.

I head back outside where the thestrals are waiting for us. "Thank you for your patience. I have recorded all of your data onto my Trailer's computer and shall begin fabricating your new equipment once I have the means to produce more nano-fibre. For now you shall begin learning human tactics and strategies," I tell them getting nods in reply.

"First, I will come up with scenarios and you will tell me how you would currently handle them," I say getting their full attention. "Your target has a hostage and has been backed into a corner, the target is immune to magic and negotiations have failed. How do you free the hostage and neutralise the target?" I ask them.

"A unicorn would teleport the hostage to safety while we arrest the target," Night Hawk replies.

"And how would you do it if you had no access to magic like you don't right now?" I ask him.

He frowns in thought. "I would have our most stealthy guard preferably using an invisibility rune sneak around them and then disarm the target before the rest of us move in," he replies.

"I see, that still places a great risk to the hostage should the target notice your intentions. Once I have armed you all, we shall be running simulations of hostage situations ranging from a single target and hostage to multiple using human methods mixed with any new equipment we can make.

“Next scenario, an enemy force of one-thousand gryphons armed with spears and bows march for your town, you have a force of four-hundred, one-hundred of each of the four pony types armed with the same weapons. How do you overcome the large number difference? You cannot evacuate as the enemy will give chase so the only option is to fight while the civilians escape," I tell him.

They talk together and then Night Hawk looks back to me.

"We would have the unicorns set up barriers for cover while the thestrals and pegasi prevent them from going over in the sky. Next a single pegasus will be sent to warn our leaders and for reinforcements. After that the unicorns will start either firing arrows into the enemy or launch magic bolts. The earth ponies will protect the unicorns from ground attacks as they cast and our air forces will use hit and run tactics to whittle down their numbers," he replies.

"That sounds like the best you can do with what you have. Change of equipment, the gryphons are now armed with their flintlock rifles and tanks, how do you counter them now?" I then ask.

"We wouldn't be able to. I'd send word to our superiors via pegasus messenger and buy the civilians as much time to evacuate while we distract the gryphons for as long as possible," he replies grimly.

"I see. I will be teaching you how to take on a force larger than your own along with the training of equipment and weapons used for such possibilities," I tell him.

I spend the next hour coming up with scenarios and they answer with ways that seem too... chivalrous. Like how humans thought back when muskets were in use where each side faced each other head on and openly shot at each other. The Equestrians don't seem to use the idea of ambushing or subterfuge to efficiently take out an enemy while minimising their own losses.

After the Q and A session, I have them running the course and laps again after telling them I will begin making the required machines for their equipment. Luna has contacted Celestia requesting more materials for gold and gems from my diamond dog den as payment.

Eve has requested to go into town to explore which I permitted as she's always in contact with us.

Luna and I have begun making the machine required for making new bolts of nano-fibre which should take us over a month to complete.


POV: Eve


I exit the Workshop after getting father's permission to head into Ponyville. I'm curious as to what it is like compared to the changelings home and what the ponies do everyday.

Activating my built in Valkyrie flight system, I take off towards Ponyville and arrive within minutes where I touchdown just outside the town and retract my jets and wings. I then make my way to the centre of town where ponies are giving me odd looks and talking to each other.

I come to a stop at the town's centre where a fountain with a stone statue of a rearing pony stands in the middle. The ponies all stop and look at me with surprise and start whispering to each other again.

"Who are you? You kinda look like Adam."

I turn around and see an orange pegasus filly staring at me with wide eyes.

"My name is Eve, Adam is my father," I reply.

"He's your dad!? Who's your mom?" she then asks me.

"Luna is my mother," I reply again.

"PRINCESS LUNA IS YOUR MOM!?" she yells getting more hushed whispers around us.

"She isn't a princess anymore, and yes she is," I tell her and resume to look around the town.

"How is that even possible?" she then asks me confused.

"They built me," I reply and look up to see a house that appears to be made from clouds nearby with what seems to be liquid that has the colours of the rainbow flowing off the side.

"Oh so you're like Adam then, a robot?" the filly asks excitedly.

"I am an A.I, not a robot. A robot is a machine that follows simple programming, I am not restricted to such limitations," I tell her and look to my right to see an all pink pony grinning at me with a fluffy and poofy mane and tail.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie, what's your name?" the pink pony introduces herself and asks me.

"Hello, my name is Eve," I reply and just stare at her.

"I heard you say you're Adam and Luna's filly? Do they know you're in town?" she asks me.

"Yes, they gave me permission to visit," I reply and take another look around to see the ponies start to gather around.

"I see, I would offer you some sweets, but I guess you can't eat just like Adam huh?" she asks me.

"Correct, I do not require food," I reply as I'm now surrounded by ponies.

"So what brings you here today?" Pinkie then asks me still with her happy grin.

"I'm just exploring and mapping out the area for now," I reply and then answer a few simple questions of who and what I am from the ponies before they disperse.

Once they're all gone, Pinkie says goodbye and heads into a building that looks like its made of various baked goods. I then see a pink filly with two toned purple hair wearing a tiara on her head walk up to me. She also has a mark of a tiara on her flanks.

"So I heard your not a real pony, can you get a cutie-mark?" she asks and glances at my flank.

"I cannot get a cutie-mark," I tell her making her smirk.

"So you'll be a blank flank for life then? Aw that's so sad," she says in a mocking tone.

"I do not require a mark to be good at something. I can learn anything and everything," I reply with a tilt of my head. "I am not restricted to just one talent."

She just stares at me wide eyed while Scootaloo is grinning widely.

The pink filly then frowns and huffs. "You're still just a blank flank and always will be," she says and starts walking away with her head held high.

"I am perfectly fine with that," I tell her making her growl and continue walking.

"Wow! I've never seen anypony get Diamond Tiara angry like that before!" Scootaloo says with a grin.

"She's angry? Why?" I ask her.

"Why? You didn't react like other foals do and that made her angry! Come on! Wanna hang out with Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and me?" she asks me while hopping on the spot next to an aluminium scooter which has a small red wagon attached to the back.

"Inquiry, what does 'hang out?' mean?" I ask her confused.

"Oh, err, you know... Hang out? have fun together," she replies with a raised brow.

"Alright. So what will we be doing?" I ask her.

"First we need to go pick up Sweetie Belle then go to the clubhouse where Applebloom is waiting for us," she replies and hops onto her scooter.

I activate my flight system and hover three feet in the air which makes Scootaloo gawk at me.

"You can fly!?" she asks me stunned.

"Correct," I simple reply.

"Wait... you also have a horn... does that make you like a robot alicorn!?" she asks in awe.

"In a manner of speaking, my body is based off an alicorn's" I reply.

"That's so cool! Come on, let's go get Sweetie Belle!" she then says and takes off down the road.

I power up my jets slightly and follow behind her.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, but part one of Eve's adventure is done!