• Published 15th Dec 2015
  • 22,717 Views, 2,229 Comments

The War Machine - Urimas Ebonheart



An experimental self aware A.I. driven robotic soldier named Adam is told he's been ordered to be destroyed by the government... His creator frees him from his military directives and tells him to run. He has a new directive now, self preservation.

  • ...
123
 2,229
 22,717

Chapter 26: Scarlet Hive Assault Part 2

The War Machine
Chapter 26: Scarlet Hive Assault Part 2

Luna and I spend three hours making more hellfire rockets for the Apache's and Titan's rocket pods. We also manage to make ten for each pod as well as stock the gattling guns fully. After checking over both the Titan and Apache, I'm ready to make my way towards the Scarlet Hive.

With everything ready. I open a channel to Chrysalis' Hive. "Hello, Jade Hive. This is Adam. I'm ready to move out to the Scarlet Hive and require the map to navigate my way there, over."

I hear a bit of fumbling before a voice replies. "Errr, is this thing on?" a male voice asks.

"I think so... Hello?" a female voice then says.

"Yes, I can hear you," I reply and wait.

"Oh! Er... so now what? Do we tell the Queen?" the female asks her companion.

"I guess so. Erm, hold on, Adam sir," the male says and it goes silent. After a few seconds he speaks up again. "The Queen has sent a drone with the map to you now, should be there in five minutes... er, over? he tells me.

"Roger that, thank you. I shall keep in touch if I can," I reply and before I cut my connection, I hear the male ask 'Who's Roger?'

"So, what will you do when you get there?" Luna asks me while looking over Eve's body for any damage since our trip to the Hive.

"I will at first try talking to them, find out why they're attacking Chrysalis. Should they become hostile, I will give them a warning and attempt to talk again. Should they continue to be aggressive, then I shall retaliate," I reply and open the main door to guide the Titan out.

"I see... but do you have enough firepower to..." she asks but trails off.

"Wipe them out?" I finish for her making her cringe.

"I know Chrysalis asked you to get rid of them. But what about their foals? Sick and Elderly?" she then asks me.

I stay silent as I calculate on what to do. "I may have an idea for that... I'll try to convince them that siding with the Jade Hive would be more beneficial in the long term and they won't have to starve or fight just to survive," I tell her and then run a systems check on the Apache. "If they refuse due to their Queen forbidding it, then I'll have to focus on taking out the Queen while avoiding unnecessary deaths."

"I guess so..." she says sadly. Eve tilts her head to the side.

"But aren't the Scarlet Hive enemies? Why would you let any live if they'll just attack again?" the little mechanical filly asks.

"Sweetie, not all of them might want to fight. They're just being told what to do out of fear or they have no other choice," Luna tells her.

"Either way, I will try my best to get the most favourable outcome," I say and finish my checks.

"Just be careful, a changeling queen can be just as powerful as an alicorn. You're not invincible," she tells me and returns her attention to Eve.

Luna starts teaching Eve about the intricacies of magic and the many ways it could be used. I head outside the front door and watch the Thestrals running the course or sparring with each other.

It takes a few minutes but the changeling with a rolled up piece of paper in its forelegs hovers in front of me and holds the paper out.

"The Queen wishes you luck," the changeling that I now know is female tells me.

"I shall do my best," I reply and start up the Apache's engine. The rotors pick up speed as I hop into the Titan's hatch with my Death Machine minigun with me.

The changeling just watches as the Apache takes off and hovers above me. I unroll the map and scan the image to my memory. Once done, I roll it back up and hold it out to the changeling who looks at me with confusion.

"I have scanned the image to my memory. I no longer need this map with me," I tell her.

"Oh..." she mumbles and hovers over and takes it from me.

"The distance is too far for me to remain in radio contact, even if I used my Trailer as a transmitter. I should arrive at the Scarlet Hive within five hours if the roads are favourable," I tell her getting a nod in return before she flies off.

With everything ready and loaded. I start heading out along the edge of the Everfree Forest with the Apache overhead which I am using to see the layout of the land ahead. I have to drive around the forest as it would take too long to try and bulldoze my way through.


Five Hours and Twenty-One Minutes Later


I've passed a few caravans of ponies carting trade goods from Manehatten to Canterlot. They were very surprised to see me roll by with a flying machine following me. One caravan thought I was attacking them and fired a few bolts of magic at me, to which I ignored and continued on confusing them.

I pass the forest after two hours and come to a small plains area with flower patches, a few trees and bushes dotted about, and small hills. I also spot a few animals who run away from the noise my Titan and Apache are making.

Once I make it to the end of the plains area, the ground becomes barren and rocky. Dead trees and shrubs litter the area, as well as bones of animals here and there.

I go over the map in my memory one more time and adjust my heading for the Scarlet Hive.

I have to avoid a few large boulders a few times but the dead trees offer no resistance as I slam through them, turning them into splinters.

I'm picking up some changeling signals from their hive mind ahead of me, which is right where the Scarlet Hive has been marked on the map. I send my Apache ahead and use its camera to scout the area. I see a few changelings with red coloured chitin near what appears to be a raised mound of dirt with a hole leading down, reminds me of an ant hill.

They're looking up at the Apache and one of them panics as it runs into the hole. I keep my Apache hovering over the hole while I drive the Titan closer.

Once I arrive, the ground shifts as a large behemoth changeling digs its way out and just stares at me with a smaller changeling on his head. There's also about one-hundred changelings around the Hive's entrance, some look worried while others look hostile.

I jump out of my Titan with my minigun in hand. I notice a few wince at the sight of it, must be survivors of their last attack on the Jade Hive.

"I have come to speak with your Queen, I would rather end this without bloodshed," I call out while increasing the volume of my speakers.

They start looking at each other as well as my Titan, Apache, and my weapon. One of the smaller changelings shivers before their eyes change to have irises and pupils in them.

The changeling then glares at me and walks towards me. Once a few feet from me it speaks up with a female tone. "So, you're the metal beast that helped that pathetic excuse of a Queen? Why do you interfere with changeling affairs!?" she tells me.

"The Jade Hive are now allies of Equestria, and by attacking them you also attacked us. I'm here to convince you to leave the Jade Hive and Equestria alone. I'll also be taking back any captives you have in your Hive," I tell her making her snarl.

"So you wish us to starve!? Without our Captives, we won’t survive for long!" she yells at me.

"Princess Celestia has developed crystals that can feed changelings," I tell her.

Her snarl then turns to a frown. "Crystals? How can crystals emit love?" she asks in skeptically.

"We discovered it isn't love your species feed on, but magic," I reply. Unlike Chrysalis, I won't be exposing my core to her to prove it, she’s too much of a risk.

"Magic? Are you taking me for a fool!? We've been feeding off love for centuries! We know what we require!" she snarls again and yells.

"Then explain why you cannot feed from non-magical races such as gryphons?" I ask her.

She frowns and looks down in thought. "They just don't produce love, they're just heartless savages," she replies firmly.

"Incorrect. I am a machine, an artificial lifeform, yet can you sense 'love' coming from me?" I ask her.

She frowns again and looks me over before gasping. "Impossible..." she says backing up a few steps.

"What you are sensing is the magic I can generate in my core," I tell her and tap my chest plates. "It is why you can only feed off ponies, or magical races. Your species are manavores, I discovered this when I was curious as to how one could eat an emotion which I thought should be impossible," I inform her.

"You... you lie! We feed on love! This... this is a trick! A scheme by that pathetic Chrysalis! Equestria will be our feeding grounds while she and her Hive will be destroyed!" she yells and then fires a blast of magic at me which I block with my left forearm guard.

As this isn't really the Queen but some changeling she's speaking through, I activate my left hand taser and grasp the changeling's horn. She screams as the voltage courses through her horn, making her eyes roll up and pass out. Once she goes limp, I gently place her on the ground and look to the others who are shocked at what just happened.

"I'm giving you all two choices!" I tell them using my speakers. "One, you cease your aggression on Equestria and the Jade Hive. In return, you shall be given some special crystals which will allow you to feed from without harming any ponies! You'll also be protected by myself and Equestria. Or two, you follow your Queen in her plans for her invasion which would end up in most, if not all of you to die should you decide to go through with your Queen's attempt, I will destroy this entire Hive!" I tell them in an emotionless tone.

Many of them cower back while some hiss at me. After a few seconds a large changeling similar to Chrysalis with red colourisation, long mane and tail that is deep red as well as eyes with red irises comes out of the mound's entrance with a glare at me.

"You dare try to sway my drones against me!" she yells angrily at me.

"I'm offering them and you a way to live with us without resorting to violence, kidnapping, or starving. You are the one trying to start a war that could be avoided entirely. I came here with the intention of offering you help, should you refuse and remain hostile to us, I will remove you and offer the same to any changelings willing to try," I reply and aim my Titan and Apache's gattling guns at her while my Titan's main guns aim for the behemoth in case it attacks.

She looks at the turrets while snarling, seemingly in a debate with herself. After a few seconds, she screams in anger and fires a strong blast of magic at the Titan's turret. The magic actually damages the gattling turret making it impossible to fire with the barrels partially melted from the heat the magic had.

My Apache's turret is still one-hundred percent functional and fires a burst of ten rounds at Queen Stragna. Her horn ignites and she teleports away just before the lead hits her, making the changelings around her yelp in surprise.

The behemoth then has a vacant expression before roaring out in rage as it charges at my Titan. The changeling on its head yelps in surprise at the sudden action before flying off. I fire my Titan's right barrel which rips through the behemoth's torso and then detonates blowing out the whole front of its chest. The changelings scream in fear from the loud bang and the gore raining down on them.

Without its forelegs attached anymore, it collapses face first into the rocky terrain unmoving. I use my Apache to scan the area for the Queen to see nothing.

"Where is your Queen?" I ask the changelings who look at me with wide eyes.

Some are shivering while others are mumbling to each other. Some have even fainted from their fear, I guess they've never fought someone as armoured or armed like me before.

I walk up to a shivering changeling with my minigun in hand. "Do you wish to follow your Queen? Do you agree with her decisions?" I question him.

He looks up at me while the others around him back off. "I-I-I... we c-cannot disobey o-our Queen or she'll k-kill us..." he replies.

"And if I was to kill her, what would you choose to do?" I ask him next.

He looks at the others who also look unsure. "I... what y-you offered does s-sound good..." he says quietly.

Another changeling then hisses at the one I'm speaking to. "You would betray our Queen!?" he says angrily.

He turns to the changeling with a frown of his own. "She's done nothing but make enemies of every changeling and pony around us! The other Hives despise us due to our raids to destroy them! And the ponies hate us for what we do to feed! Not all of us like living like this!" he yells at the other changeling.

The changeling who protested snarls and pounces at him, but before he could reach him, I swing my minigun forward bludgeoning the aggressive changeling. A loud crack is heard as his chitin fractures from the blow and he tumbles away while changelings dodge his flailing body. He remains on the ground unmoving.

"Anyone else wish to get aggressive?" I ask them and make my Apache hover closer, aiming its gun and pods at the large crowd and my Titan to aim its main guns at the group.

They all quickly shake their heads in the negative.

"Good," I say and turn back to the changeling I was speaking to. "As I said, would you rather take my offer and co-inhabit with the ponies. Or would you rather remain here attacking others on your Queen’s orders?" I ask him.

He flinches back slightly and looks at the others again who stay still and silent. "I... I w-would like to t-try..." he replies.

I look around to the others. "What about all of you?" I ask them.

They mumble amongst themselves as I notice a few slip through the Hive's entrance. I still have my Apache scanning the area for Queen Stragna just in case she tries to attack me again.

“All of you who wish to live with the ponies, wait here for my return. I will remove Queen Stragna and all those who follow her,” I tell them and they move aside as I walk into the Hive with my minigun and micro rocket pods at the ready.