• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 219 Views, 2 Comments

Find the Pieces - Firetype55



Well, let's just say that this will be very OC oriented, as well as some OOC current characters... slightly OOC that is! A young alicorn discovers theres more to this universe than meets the eye.

  • ...
 2
 219

Chapter 2: What am I.... (Part 1 of ?)

Find the Pieces Chapter Two: A bumpy Landing (literally)

“Isn’t this exciting, Starlight? We haven’t been to Ponyville in AGES!” Flare shouts as we fly through the air.

“Yes, yes. Just let me focus.” I mumble, looking for the cyan pegasus that’s supposed to meet us before we arrive.

“Oh come ON! You do know Rainbow WILL meet up with us, ri- what was that?” Flare asks, as we somehow hit a bump, even though we’re flying.

“What in the WORLD?” I ask the guards.

“We’re HIT!” One of them shouts, and my reaction is to panic. So I do just that.

“WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE’RE HIT?! CAN WE LAND SAFELY?!” I shout, and then see a welcoming sight. “Is that who I think it is?” I ask, and in response, I get a sonic rainboom. “Yep.” I answer my own question.

“HANG ON, STARLIGHT!” Rainbow Dash shouts as she flies towards us.

“KINDA HARD TO SINCE WE GOT HIT!” I shout back. She flies toward the guards, and releases one of them from the carriage.

“I got this, sir!” She tells him. The guard salutes, and flies to the back of the carriage. We shoot towards the ground, gaining momentum quickly. Rainbow pulls up, and the other guard follows her lead. “Come on…. come on… please work!” Rainbow mutters as she tries to save us from crashing on the ground into a million pieces. Thankfully, the carriage pulls up, and Rainbow cheers.

“Hey Rainbow, we’re not out of the water yet!” I shout.

“Don’t worry, Pinkie and Twilight are already at the best emergency landing spot!” She shouts at me, turning towards where she was going to land.

“That gives me more reasons to worry…” I mutter, thinking of the energetic pink mare.

“There they are!” Flare points out, seeing a break in the clouds, where the alicorn and the pink mare are. Rainbow pulls the carriage down slightly, so we can land somewhat safely. We manage to land, and I step out of the carriage, before collapsing.

“Remind me never to trust Celestia with stuff like this again…” I mutter, before falling unconscious.
~TIME SKIP~

“I think she's waking up…” I hear a voice say.

“Ow…” I mutter, opening my eyes.

“Starlight! You're okay! I was really worried there!” Flare says, hugging me.

“Owww!” I exclaim when Flare hugs me. I turn my head, to see that my wing is bandaged up. “Greatttttt. What's with the bandaged wing?” I question.

“Well, you got hit when your carriage was hit, it wasn't too bad, just a light sprain.” Twilight says, walking up to me.

“Great. Just great. How exactly am I supposed to get to Rainbow’s home now?” I mutter.

“Uhhh, we're already there.” Rainbow Dash says.

“Wait what?!” I exclaim, looking around. “Then how is Pi- waitttt. Cloudwalking spell?” I ask Twilight.

“Yep.” she says.

“Called it!” I exclaim. Maybe this trip won't be as bad as I thought… I think to myself.

“oh… my…” a voice says, and I turn my head. “Fluttershy?” I say, before gasping in pain. “Okay… how did that hurt this much?!” I question myself, and turn back to the way I was facing before, as Fluttershy trots over.

“Ummm… pardon the intrusion… but I thought I saw your carriage get hit… and I think I know what hit it.” she says.

“Wait what?!” I exclaim, looking at her.

“Well, you see… I was gathering flowers, and I saw this little guy.” Fluttershy says, stepping aside to reveal a small, mouse like creature, yellow in color, and not unlike a mouse at all, except for the thunderbolt on its tail.

“Ahhhh, one of these…” I mutter, but Twilight hears me.

“You know what this is?” Twilight asks, looking at me quizzically.

“Well yeah! Don't you remember the last time I came here? I was doing a research paper o-” I start, before Twilight cuts me off.

“On the creatures of the Everfree Forest? I remember, yeah.”

“Well, one of the creatures I talked about was a little guy not unlike this one, except… well… this Pokémon you have here, it's lighter than the one I found…” I tell them, looking the small Pokémon over. “Doesn't appear to be sick, but I might as well check my research paper just to be sure.” I start to levitate my bag over, but Twilight cuts me off.

“Pokémon? What's that?” She asks me.

“Well, it's a shortened name I came up with. The very little info I found about them called them ‘Pocket Monsters.' I won't lie, I found that quite offensive. So I shortened it, to Pokémon, because it sounded better, and might I add cooler. But… it seems this little guy, who I think I'll call… hmmm… how about… C-” I say as I get up, before the Pokémon says something.

“Pikachu!”

“Nani?!” I exclaim, hopping backwards back onto the couch. I blush. “Heheh… sorry… habit of saying that.” I explain, before looking over the Pokémon. “Doesn't appear to have a cold… it might be it's name… but highly unlikely, what kind of creature would have the name Pikachu? But… Maybe that's how it spe- wait… IDEAAAAAA!” I exclaim.

“Please tell me she's not…” Twilight mutters, but I hear her.

“Didn't you say something like that the first time Pinkie sang about something? Wasn't it like, about giggling at the ghosties or something?” I ask.

“Uhhh, ye-” Twilight starts to say, before Pinkie cuts her off.

“Oh yeah she definitely did, I remember that because that was the day I became an Element of Harmony and I would definitely want to remember something like that, and I just started singing, and Twilight here was like, ‘Please tell me she's not…’ and then Rarity was all like, ‘She is.’ as she watched me bouncing around a whole lot, and I was singing about not being scared of the ghosties, and stuff and I was ha-” Pinkie Pie says, and starts to say more, but Rainbow Dash cuts her off, with her hoof covering Pinkie’s mouth.

“Pinkie Pie, I think she gets it.” Dash says, and Pinkie nods. Dash slowly pulls her hoof off of Pinkie, and she doesn't start talking again, which is a relief. “Why'd you wanna know?”

“No reason, just wanted to make sure I heard Twilight right.” I say, and turn back towards the creature. “Now then… how to get myself back to the ground…” I mutter to myself, but of course, Pinkie Pie interrupts me.

“Back to the ground? Why would you wanna do that? Don't you like it here?” She questions.

“Well, I was looking at this… ya know what, I'll just call it Pikachu. I was looking at Pikachu, and I noticed something oddly similar about it. So I WAS going to grab my research notes about it, mainly because I carry them everywhere with me, in case I need them, and then I didn't get a chance cause of Pinkie Pie, soooo yeah.” I say, getting up and walking over towards my bag. I pick it up, and levitate another necklace out, and pull it open. I cast the counterspell to my shrinking spell, and a fairly good sized stack of papers, paperclipped together in order of what creature each section is talking about, appears. Well, not so much appears as grows larger. I look at the table of contents I put as the front page, and find what I'm looking for. “Aha! Here it is! Pokémon!” I exclaim, and pull the appropriate stack of paper out. I leaf through the stack, before finding the diagrams I had included, as well as pictures of each new Pokémon I had found. I look at the top one, levitating it towards the girls. “Notice something similar?” I ask.

“Well for one, it has very similar characteristics to Pikachu, that's for sure… just… darker in color. And… the one in the picture is slightly larger than Pikachu.” Twilight notices, and I nod.

“Exactly. I noticed that too. But… it's almost as if this one in the picture, which I call Raichu based on what it constantly said, is some sort of… evolution of Pikachu. It's fascinating, and I certainly wouldn't mind finding out if my suspicions are correct. But, unfortunately Princess Celestia says I'm taking a vacation from research, so I'll have to come back once I've finished my other calculations that have kept me inside for 8 months.” I say, levitating a checklist out of my bag. The top of it says ‘My To-Do List’ and the rest is a list of things I need to do after I've finished my calculations. I levitate a quill out, as well as some ink. I then proceed to write ‘Further research Pokémon, and their plausible evolutions’ on the quickly growing checklist. I roll it up, and then put everything back in my bag. I cast the shrinking spell on the papers again, after reorganizing them of course. I place the now small stack of papers back into the necklace, and close it. I place it back in my saddle bag, and close the bag, putting it on myself. “Okay, so I kinda just wanna go explore, it's not like my wing is that hurt.” I say, and stretch my wings, before gasping in pain.

“Oh no, your wing cannot take that strain for long, so you are staying here.” Dash says.

“Seriously, Dash? I would think you of all ponies would know how I feel. You were stuck in the hospital for a couple of days when you broke your wing!” I exclaim.

“Yes, but at least I knew that I needed to stay i-” Dash starts, before Twilight cuts her off.

“Oh no! You were complaining just as much, Rainbow!” Twilight says, glaring at her.

“Well at least I gave up trying to escape after one attempt, ya egghead!” You can guess who said that. I fly between them before they kill each other, and I don't even feel any pain in my wing.

“Both of y'all better stop, or else y'all are gonna have some serious ‘splainin to do to me, y'all clear?” I say, giving them a glare that Fluttershy would be proud of.

“Crystal.” they both say at the same time.

“Hey, Starlight, how are you flying?” Twilight asks.

“Wait what?” I ask, and look around. “Huh. My wing doesn't hurt anymore.” I say, pulling the bandage off, and looking at my wing. “I'm sorry, but either I have extreme healing speed or a cut just healed right in front of my face.” I exclaim, causing the others to look at me.

“Wait, did you just say that a cut healed right in front of your face?” Twilight asks, staring at me.

“Yep. I did. Now if you'll excuse me, my head hurts from that little idea.” I say, landing. Twilight rushes over to me and sees a couple of cuts heal themselves, and then go away as if nothing ever happened. “Okay, what in Equestria is happening?” I ask, looking at Twilight.

“Okay, we need to go see a doctor, maybe he'll know what this is.” Twilight says.

Author's Note:

Well... PART ONE OF THE STRANGENESS!

Comments ( 1 )

Cuz I wrote this, like, 2 AM and touched it up... like, 10 days later 6842765

Login or register to comment