• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 218 Views, 2 Comments

Find the Pieces - Firetype55



Well, let's just say that this will be very OC oriented, as well as some OOC current characters... slightly OOC that is! A young alicorn discovers theres more to this universe than meets the eye.

  • ...
 2
 218

Chapter 1: What in the WORLD?

“Put the puzzle back together, see what I'm dreaming, when I find the pieces…” a radio softly plays in the background.

“Yo! Starlight! Get me a donut!” Prince Eclipse calls to me from the other room.

“You have maids for that!” I yell back at him. “Besides, you're not the only royalty here!”

“Yeah, but I was crowned before you!” He yells back at me.

“Ughhhh… I've almost finished my calculations, and if I stop now, I'll lose my progress!” I groan.

“So what? You ARE the scientist! I mean, look at your cutie mark!” My annoying brother says.

“First of all, I control the stars, I'm not a scientist for the LAST TIME!” I yell at my foolish brother. “Second of all, I've spent almost 8 months on these calculations, and I don't wanna be stuck trying to redo them for another 8 months.”

“Woop de doo, YOU'RE IMMORTAL!” Eclipse yells at me.

“Ugh!” I yell as I lock the door and and activate the soundproofing magic I know. My horn glows a soft red, and my brother’s ranting stops. “Finally…” I sigh, and slide onto the floor.

“What are you worrying about this time?” A voice says, and I jump.

“Gah!” I shout, and then look up at the sound of the voice. “Celestia! I'm so sorry I didn't hear you come in, I activated my soundproof wall s to block out Eclipse and his complaining about how long I've been in here.” I say.

“He has a reason, you know.” Celestia says.

“Yeah yeah, it's been 8 months, but I'm so close!” I say, waving my hoof at the chalkboards around my room.

“Hmmm. You may be right.” Celestia says as she looks at the chalkboards. “Well, these certainly are complex, I can see why you've been in here so long.” she notes, before looking at me.

“What?” I ask after she stares at me for a little too long.

“How long have you gone without any sleep? Or anything to relax with?” She asks.

“Let's see...“ I say, looking at a couple of clipboards scattered on the floor. I pick them up one by one with my magic. “Nope. Nope. Definitely not. Close but not quite, there it i- nope that's just a coffee stain…” I throw the clipboards up in the air in frustration. “Flare!” I yell, and an orange dragon runs in.

“Yes Starlight?” the young dragon asks.

“Have you seen my log for the last time I slept or did something relaxing?” I ask.

“Give me a sec!” Flare says, and flies up to the shelf of clipboards. “Yeesh, you're worse than Twilight!” she says, looking at the massive amount of organization of clipboards, papers, and other official things.

“I am not as bad as Twilight!” I yell at the impish dragon.

“Here it is!” Flare yells out after a couple of minutes. I grab it with my magic, pulling Flare along with it, and when the clipboard is next to me, Flare falls off.

“Let's see here….” I say, looking at the clipboard. “It's been about…. 3 months, give or take a couple days.” I say. Celestia sighs. “What? I've been busy!” I say.

“You're coming with me.” Celestia says, dragging me towards the door.

“But I'm so close!” I exclaim, trying to break free of her magic.

“No buts, except yours out the door.” Celestia says in her no nonsense tone of voice.

“Ughhh…. Fine. Flare, keep my brother away from my calculations, please!” I say as I walk out the door.

“Yes Ma'am!” Flare says, saluting, before flying up to the small lookout perch I made for when I have to go out. I fly up, flying around the building.

“Starlight!” Celestia yells at me. I fly down, landing less than gracefully, aka, on my face.

“owww…” I moan, getting up.

“You're going to Ponyville. Got it? And you're not flying there, I'll enlist some royal guards to escort you.” Celestia says, and I groan.

“Ponyville? Seriously? That place is, like, the most unrelaxing of all of Equestria. You realize how that town attracts evil, don't you? I've done about 3 papers on it!” I complain. “Besides that, it's not like I can stay with any of my pals without them being mobbed by the paparazzi.”

“Rainbow Dash has already agreed to let you sleep at her cloud house.” Celestia says.

“Seriously?! AWW YEAH!” I shout, jumping up. “Wait… what about the paparazzi? And my brother? He WILL mess with my calculations, you know.” I ask.

“I've already told them that if they bug you, they will answer to me. Also, I've requested that 4 guards be stationed at your door at all times.” Celestia tells me.

“Oh thank you! But how will they spare the guards? Also, now can I go?” I ask.

“Well, we've upped the amount of Royal Guard recently, so it won't be much trouble to Shining Armor. Hold on one moment.” Celestia says, walking over to a couple of royal guards nearby, and speaking to them. She walks back over with the two guards.

“These two will escort you to Ponyville. Now go pack up, you're taking a large break from your calculations.” Celestia orders.

“Ummm how long exactly?” I question with fear that I already know the answer.

“For 2 weeks.”

“DAMN IT!” I shout, before blushing as I realize I just flew above Celestia. “Heh… heh… oops?” I say as I land… on my face. Again. “Owwww!” I think about 5 curse words as I pull my horn out of the ground. I trot back towards my room, and walk in to see my brother trying to get inside my room. “Seriously Eclipse? Again?” I say, levitating him away from my door, and see Flare on the ground. “Again?! This is the 10th time, Bro-Bro!” I exclaim, levitating Flare in front of his face.

“Well your dragon was in the way.” Eclipse justifies.

“She was GUARDING my room! I've told you, you're not allowed in my room, and also, I'm taking a two week vacay to Ponyville. There will be 4 royal guards guarding my room at all times. So don't mess with my calculations, or ELSE!” I threaten.

“Fine, fine, fine. I'll leave your silly calculations alone!” Eclipse grunts, before trotting back to his room.

“Bring Flare with you so you can fix her up!” I shout down the large hallway. Flare gets covered by a dark blue magical glow, and levitates towards my brother’s room. I unlock my door, and walk into my room, before locking the door again. “She never said I couldn't bring the portable copy of my calculations…” I mutter, picking up a medium sized stack of papers, before casting a spell on them, causing them to shrink in size. I put the now-tiny cube in a small case, and put it on a necklace. I put the necklace in a bag which I levitate towards myself. The bag is a simple saddlebag, but with more space because of a spell I cast on the bag, making it bigger on the inside (Author's note: Please tell me someone gets that reference. If no one does, I will be disappointed). I sigh, pulling some checklists out of the bag. “Let's see… that's a 3 day vacation packing list… that's my “I've finished my calculations, let's celebrate with a long vacation” packing list…. Aha! Here it is! My two week vacation packing list!” I triumphantly exclaim. I look at it, and levitate the chalkboards into a large storage closet I had built for them. I look at my massive amount of storage containers, like crates and desks. I sigh, and unlock the door as I trot towards it. I poke my head out of the door, and yell down the hall, “HEY ECLIPSE! IS FLARE ALL FIXED UP YET?”

“She's coming right now!” Eclipse yells back at me. Flare flies over.

“Okay, Flare. I'm packing for a two week vacay. Here's my bag, I'll read the checklist, you pack the stuff.” I say, handing her the bag. She sighs, and walks over to the desks. “Quills?” I ask. Flare grabs five quills and stuffs them in the bag.

“Check!”

“Ink?”

“Check!”

“Paper?”

“Checkkk. Why do we have to do this EVERY TIME?” Flare asks.

“Because otherwise I'll forget something, and you know how much I hate that.” I tell her, and then look at the next item on the list, before seeing a picture of Discord instead. “Discord! Get out of my checklist!” I shout as the picture dances.

“Honestly, you're no fun, Starlight!” Discord says as he pops out of my checklist.

“I'm trying to PACK!” I shout angrily. “Out out out out!” I say, levitating the draconequus towards the door.

“Fine.” Discord says, and teleports out of the room.

“Okay then. Drawing pad?”

“Check.”

“Extra bits?”

“I can't carry those!” Flare complains. I levitate them into the bag.

“Check!” I say cheerfully. “Okay... let's see… wing blades?” I ask.

“Check!”

“Extra blankets? It is winter there right now, ya know.” I tell her.

“Check!”

“That's everything!” I say, before remembering something. “Hey, don't forget your blanket!”

“Already on it!” Flare says, carrying a blanket I made for her. She stuffs it in the bag, along with a small stuffed animal for me.

“Oh my gosh! I can't believe I almost forgot my stuffed animal! Thanks Flare!” I say, hugging her. “Now then, LET'S ROLL!” I say, and trot out the door, noticing the four royal guards on duty already. “Evening Gentlecolts.” I say casually.

“Evening Princ- oh! I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you at first!” One of the guards says, pulling the other three down as he bows.

“No need for formalities, gentlecolts. I'm sure you've heard, but I'm going on vacation!” I tell them, and they sigh. “We've heard.” One of the other three says.

“Don't worry, I'll make sure you four get special recognition from Shining Armor.” I tell them, and they look at me with wide eyes.

“We really don't deserve that, Princess!” one of the guards says.

“Nonsense! You're guarding a room with my research in it!” I tell them, and then trot off to have a talk with Shining Armor before I leave. I find him a couple minutes later, pacing back and forth. “What's with the pacing, Shining Armor?” I ask. He quickly looks up.

“Oh! Princess! Sorry I didn't see you walk up, I'm just worried.” the captain of the royal guard says.

“Worried? Worried about what?” I question.

“Well, a million things could go wrong while you're gone, since you seem to be really good at fighting things.” Shining Armor says, and I stop him right there.

“Relax, it'll be fine! Also, make sure that those guards get special recognition, they're doing really well.” I tell him.

“Yes Ma'am!” Shining Armor says, saluting.

“Now I have to go, have a fine day.” I tell him, and trot out the door.

“Princess, we will leave on your command!” A royal guard says, as he hooks himself up to a carriage.

“Perfect.” I say, levitating my bag into the carriage. “Flare! Hurry up!” I call.

“I'm coming, I'm coming!” Flare calls out, flying out of the door. She lands in the carriage, and I wave at the guards.

“We're ready!” I call to them. “Please proceed to Ponyville, if you will!” They salute, and take off. I hope nothing goes wrong with my calculations… I think to myself as we take to the skies.

Author's Note:

Well. That was chapter one of my newest fanfiction, Find the Pieces. My inspiration for this little story of mine was from a song that was called the same thing as my story title, and I love that song! It is awesome! Wish I had the link, but I have it downloaded on my phone, so I really can't get the link. Prince Eclipse is owned by my irl brother, piplupm, and I own both Starlight and Flare. I do not own any characters from MLP: FIM, and all ownership goes to Hasbro. Thank you.