• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 1,755 Views, 6 Comments

Son of Sombra - Stargazer42



Lock Light is the adopted son of King Sombra, the one who has enslaved and ruled the Crystal Empire with an iron hoof. What will he do when he finds out his true destiny, and falls in love?

  • ...
6
 6
 1,755

Epilogue

Applejack raced Lock Light towards their home on Sweet Apple Acres, but they weren’t alone. Beside and above them were four foals. One, a filly, raced neck and neck with her mother. She nudged Applejack playfully and Applejack grinned back and “Come on now Apple Blossom, you know there’s no cheatin’."

“I don’t have to cheat,” said a voice from behind them. It was her twin brother Big Sky “I’ll beat you both to the grub!”

“Now hold on you two,” Lock Light said “just keep it…”

A Pegasus flashed past him and was ahead of all of them by about ten yards “Last one to the lunch table’s a rotten apple!”

“Ace,” Lock Light said speeding up “you get back here!”

An orange flash caused all of them to blink, but they kept running, another foal, Maverick, who couldn’t keep up by running, was teleporting as fast as he could instead and was catching up with Ace. Ace looked back “Hey,” he said “that’s not fair.”

“You think you’re as fast as Rainbow Dash?” Lock Light yelled “prove it!”

With a determined look on his face, Ace sped up so fast that he broke the sound barrier. Lock Light smiled, remembering briefly the good times he had with his brother. Then, he flared up his wings and sped up to catch his son. They both flew straight towards the open barn and blew the doors off the hinges. Landing they both laughed and then hugged each other. The other soon showed up. Applejack had an annoyed expression on her face “Now look what you’ve done,” she said ‘you’ve gone broken the doors and have caused us to have more work to be had.”

“Oh come on dear,” Lock Light said using his magic to raise the doors “it was just a bit of fun.”

“Yeah mom,” Maverick said appearing suddenly with them “also, why are you all breathing so hard?”

“Because some of us can’t teleport,” Big Sky snorted.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends then showed up “Hey guys,” she said “what’s all the commotion?”

“Princess Twilight!” The foals all screamed and ran towards her, knocking her down and hugging her.

Lock Light chuckled “It’s lunch time with the Apple family."

“I see,” Rainbow Dash said “mind if we join?”

“Rainbow Dash!” Ace said excitedly and slammed into her and giving her a tight hug.

“The one and only,” Rainbow Dash said “I saw that you were flying pretty fast.”

“I was trying to pull of a Sonic Rainboom just like you did,” Ace said.

“You’ll have to fly faster than that,” she said looking at Lock Light and winking “won’t you. But I know if you fly fast enough, that you can do it, just like I did.”

“But darling,” Rarity said to Big Sky “you all look so dreadfully dirty. Here let me wipe that dirt off your nose…”

“Aunt Rarity,” Big Sky said whining “stop it.”

“Would ya’ll like to join us for lunch?”

“Yeah!” They all said and trooped into the kitchen.

“I’ll get to working on this door,” Lock Light said “mind giving me a hoof Big Mac?’

“Eeyup!” he said and trotted over to help him.

“How’s everything with you AJ?” Twilight said “I know it was rough last month when Granny Smith past away.”

“I know,” Applejack said “but she’d be happy knowing how happy we are. I mean, look around you. Everypony’s smiling and laughing, and content with their lives. That’s the way she would’ve wanted it.”

“Applejack!” another voice called out.

Applejack turned around “Why if it ain’t…”

“How ya doin’ big sister!” Apple Bloom said.

“You wanna join us too?”

“You know I wouldn’t miss an Apple Lunch for anythin’.” She said.

“Well then,” Applejack “sit yourself down.”

She then yelled “Soups up every pony!”

And they all clambered around the table to get a seat. There were apple pies, apple fritters, and a whole host of other foods. They gorged themselves and then sat back in their chairs. They then all went to the living room and gradually fell asleep for an afternoon nap. Ace was snuggled up against Rainbow Dash, Maverick was next to Twilight, his favorite teacher. Big Sky and Apple Blossom were sleeping back to back, and Applejack was embraced in Lock Light’s arms, with his wings folded over them to block the warm sun’s rays from disturbing their sleep. The last words Applejack thought before she went to sleep were, I can get used to this.

Comments ( 3 )

7582611
Coolio!!!! I can't wait this looks like such a fun story to read!

That was a great read I kinda wished the epilogue was farther in the future like when he was old and written like he was looking back in time

I really like the beginning of the story but once it got to current time it felt like places of the story was being rushed.....
I wish there was more of the story where applejack and lock light slowly started to fall in love and not all at once.....

Although the main background story for lock light I found enjoyable to read, I also liked how you showed the 2 different perspectives on the crystal empire as well as added more to the story than what the show tells us

Awesome story!:yay:

Login or register to comment