• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 782 Views, 9 Comments

Keep Calm and Love On - Kandy_the_Pony



What if Applejack had to reform Discord and teach him the meaning of friendship instead of Fluttershy? Hilarity, randomness, flashbacks, anger and adventure ensue. Did I mention romance on the list too?

  • ...
4
 9
 782

Three - New Trick

"I can't believe you accepted her dare Applejack!" Discord said.

"Ah did!" Applejack told Discord. She had just told the draconequus that she had accepted the dare from Rainbow Dash about spending the night at the Sister's Old Castle. It's supposed to be haunted, but haunting doesn't exist in Applejack's mind.

"Can I come with?" Discord asked. Applejack was completely taken away by his question. Why did he want to come? To mess things up?

"As long as ya behave," Applejack said, compromising.

"Yea, yea," Discord said, pushing it off.

"Ah mean it!" Applejack threatened.

"Fine," he said, giving up.

While Applejack was getting ready, Discord just entertained himself. Usually, that meant getting himself in trouble and Applebloom whining. Applejack thought that he was going to ruin the night, but she was stuck with him. Even if she rejected his offer, he probably would've tagged along "secretly."

All day Applejack did her normal routine, but at the same time she thought how she was going to win the bet. She was going to win the bet! Not Rainbow Dash!

When evening rolled around, Applejack was more than ready for tonight! She prepared to win the bet and make fun of Rainbow Dash. She could tell her to kiss her own-

"Rainbow Dash is here!" Discord chimed, appearing in Applejack's room. Applejack jumped, scared. "Ha! Scared ya!" Discord cackled.

"Is Rainbow Dash actually here?" Applejack asked, trying her hardest to ignore Discord's laughter.

"Yea, she's waiting downstairs," Discord answered, continuing to laugh. Applejack trotted out of her room and down the stairs, with Discord following.

"Uh... Discord's staying here, right?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"He would've come, whether Ah let him or not," Applejack replied.

"Great," Rainbow whined.

"Oh hush up!" Applejack said, trotting towards the door. Rainbow Dash and Discord followed, with Rainbow Dash whining and complaining.


"Will ya just shut your trap?" Applejack yelled. "Why is Rainbow Dash whining her ass off? Look, I know she may not like Discord, but still! It's really annoying!" Applejack complained to herself.

"Never knew you had such a language." Wait, Discord? What was he doing in Applejack's mind?

"What the f-"

"Telepathic speaking," Discord told her.

"Ah'm not even gonna ask," Applejack said in her mind, trying to get used to speaking telepathically.

"So... you think that she's being mean to be? Funny since you treat me like how she's complaining," Discord said.

"Ah'm tryin' my best to not do that," Applejack defended.

"Uh huh," Discord said.

"Shut up!" Applejack shouted. Rainbow Dash and Discord both looked at the frustrated mare. She covered her mouth with her hoof. "Oops," she said, apologizing.

Rainbow Dash's eyes grew fiery with anger. She was about to chew her friend out when Discord cleared his throat.

"My fault," he admitted. Rainbow gave the fiery glare at him, and he put up his paw and claw in the air. "Sheesh, no need to get feisty," he said. Rainbow scoffed and the three continued to trot to the castle.

When they arrived, the two mares began an immediate gallop to the old, abandoned, castle. Discord froze, but the two competing mares didn't notice. Heck, they were already inside the castle!

Discord just stood there, taking in the castle. He remembered when the castle was beautiful. Before and during the Chaotic Era. For some reason, he wanted to go back in time. He wanted to take a look at the castle in all of its glory before looking at the terrible destruction and deterioration.

He was about to snap his claw to go back in time when he heard a certain mare's voice in his head.

"Where in the hay are ya?"

"Hey, looks like you're getting used to it," Discord complimented.

"Wait what?" he heard the mare asked, confused.

"You spoke telepathically to me," Discord explained.

"Oh, sorry Discord," Applejack said, apologizing.

"No worries. I'm on my way," he told her. He walked into the ruins of the castle. He felt amazed at how the castle fell apart while he was gone. What happened?

He snapped his claws, thinking of Applejack. Within a flash of light, he teleported to the mare.

"There ya are," Applejack whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" Discord asked, whispering back. THere was a few seconds of silence before he heard her voice inside his head again.

"It would probably be easier to speak to ya... telepathically?" Applejack said, taking a stab at the word.

"Yep," Discord replied.

"I have an idea," Applejack said.

"Really? What is it?" Discord asked.

"You scare Rainbow Dash to the point of her gallopin' outta the buildin'," Applejack explained.

"Are you sure? I mean, this is a bet after all," Discord said, hesitant.

"Oh, so now you're not wanting to be mischievous?" Applejack complained.

"Yes, actually," Discord replied.

"Oh there you are!" Rainbow Dash hollered. Applejack jumped a little as she saw the cyan mare trot towards her. Rainbow Dash gave a glare at Discord, to which he gave one back. "Let's look at this place, without Discord interrupting us," she suggested.

Discord felt heat pumping through his body, but not in a good way. Why did Rainbow Dash want Applejack to stay away from him? He should be with the mare! After all, he is supposed to be watched, in case he does something bad. Rainbow Dash is probably jealous of Applejack not spending anytime with her. Maybe... she has a crush on her.

Oh ho ho! Discord began to smile. The perfect plan was brewing within his mind!

"No! Don't ya dare!" Applejack shouted.

"Huh?" Discord asked, confused about what she was talking about.

"Ugh, whatever. Look, Ah'm gonna spend time with Rainbow Dash. This..." she trailed off.

"This what?" Discord asked.

"This, could be, a test! Yea! Um, er, don't do anythin' that would ruin the building. It's a self-discipline lesson. If ya accomplish this, than Ah would trust ya to stay home alone whenever Ah go off somewhere," Applejack said, recovering smoothly.

Discord sighed, "All right."

Rainbow Dash grabbed AJ by the hoof and galloped off to the darkness of the crumbling castle. Discord plopped down onto the cold stone floor.

The plan...


"Oh thank goodness you can come!" Rarity said.

"It's my pleasure," Fluttershy replied, "I was bored to be honest."

"You were? Well, be thankful that I'm entertaining you!" Rarity said in a teasing manner.

The two ponies shared a laugh before making their way to the castle.

"Now, why do you want to go to a castle? It seems very much out of your comfort zone," Fluttershy asked.

"I don't know. I was in the middle of drawing some ideas for my next line in fashion and tapestries just flashed in my mind! I suddenly wanted to restore the old tapestries in the castle!" Rarity exclaimed.

Angel bunny hopped on Fluttershy's back as she closed the door. Fluttershy sighed as she knew that she wouldn't be able to persuade him to stay home.


"I don't know, I just feel like the school bell needs testing, and I thought you were the perfect pony to do so!" Cheerilee explained. Pinkie Pie didn't think about how odd her reasoning sounded. All the pink pony cared about was testing the bell.

"Okie dokie!" Pinkie chimed, hopping up to the school building.

"Ignoring all logic in general," Cheerilee sighed, seeing the pink mare hopping up the side of the school up to the bell.


"They should be coming anytime soon..." Discord thought.

"Who?" a voice asked.

"Applejack!" Discord shouted mentally.

"Tell me who. Right now," Applejack said.

"You'll see," Discord stated.

"Discord!" Applejack shouted.

There was a sudden creak of the castle doors. Discord snapped his claws, causing him to become invisible.

"W-What was that?" he heard Applejack ask mentally.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter was a bit later. School hit me hard and power outage type storms are hitting my area (no, I'm nowhere near hurricanes.) I'll try to upload the next chapter sooner if I can. :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment