• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 780 Views, 9 Comments

Keep Calm and Love On - Kandy_the_Pony



What if Applejack had to reform Discord and teach him the meaning of friendship instead of Fluttershy? Hilarity, randomness, flashbacks, anger and adventure ensue. Did I mention romance on the list too?

  • ...
4
 9
 780

One - Discorded

Author's Note:

Letter of Apology:

School. Family problems. Procrastination. Whatever you want to blame me on, it won't be enough to make up for the mistake I made. I am truly and terribly sorry for not keeping up on my promises. I had a choice of many stories to work on, and I chose this one. But then I didn't. Now I'm deciding to drop all of my writing projects and work solely on this one. I am sorry and from now on, expect this story to be updated often.

Yours Truly,
Kandy_the_Pony

"Applebloom!" Applejack shouted. "Your bed isn't made!"

Hoofsteps were heard as Applebloom trotted up beside her older sister.

"Important meeting...?" Applebloom said, giving Applejack a grin that read, "it's true but I know that you won't like this answer!"

"Ooh! What did you guys talk about?" Discord asked, standing right in between the two sisters.

"Gah! Where in the world did ya come from?" Applejack shouted, surprised by Discord's surprise appearance.

"First off, if I'm staying here to get 'reformed', you better get used to my, 'surprise appearances'. Second off, I came from the bedroom you oh so let me stay in," Discord explained.

"Hey! Watch it," Applejack warned. Discord just gave a sarcastic eye roll, causing his eyes to literally roll out of his eye sockets.

"I'm sorry," Discord said, picking up his eyeballs, "but my eyes were wanting to run away from you," he said, "they say that you're an eyesore."

"Ha ha, very funny," Applejack said sarcastically.

"It's true," Discord explained. Applebloom was clearly disturbed by this and slowly trotted away. Now it was just Applejack and Discord. And Big Mac if you count him spying off in the corner making sure that Discord didn't hurt a single hair on Applejack.

The two just stared at each other for a bit before Applejack broke the silence.

"What were we talkin' about again?" she asked.

"The fact that Applebloom didn't clean her room," Discord answered.

"The fact that Applebloom didn't make her bed" Applejack corrected.

"Why did you ask?"

"Ask about what?"

"Ask what you were talking about."

"Cause Ah forgot!"

"Clearly, you didn't."

"Agh!" Applejack spat out, giving up. "Why do Ah bother with ya?" she asked angrily.

"Because Celestia made you bother me," Discord replied.

Applejack sighed as she closed Applebloom's bedroom door. She trotted away to go to the fields when she felt a certain someone following her. She whipped her head to look behind her, and to her surprise, it was her brother who was behind her. His eyes quickly gazed towards the bottom of the stairs before looking back into his sister's emerald green eyes. Applejack nodded and the two headed down the stairs and began to talk.

"Look, it's been a few weeks and ya haven't done anythin' ta 'reform' Discord," Big Mac said, giving air quotes with one hoof.

Applejack was stunned. Out of all ponies, Big Mac, her brother, was telling her what to do with this whole "reforming" thing!

"Excuse me? Are ya tellin' me what ta do?" she asked, defending herself.

"As a matter of fact, Ah am!" Big Mac replied.

"Oh pu-lease, Ah'm the one reformin' him!" Applejack shouted.

"Sure ya are!" Big Mac spat sarcastically.

"Are ya really usin' sarcasm on me?!"

"And I thought that I wasn't allowed to use sarcasm," Discord said.

The two quarreling siblings jumped in shock. Applejack's hat fell to the ground and Discord picked it up, wearing it for himself. Big Mac gave a sibling death stare to Applejack.

"Ooh! Things are just beginning to boil. Keep going," Discord encouraged. He snapped his claws and made an extra large bowl of buttered popcorn appear in his paw and some cheap 3D glasses appear over his eyes. He took a piece of popcorn with his claw and popped it into his mouth, landing perfectly.

Applejack and Big Mac just stared at him before one of them snapped.

"Oh, and by the way, just in case you were wonderin', I could've probably reformed Discord in one day!" Big Mac retorted.

"Oh really now?" Applejack snapped back.

"Eeyup!"

"Uh, huh. Then why did Celestia give me the job then, huh?"

"Ya know, not all Princesses do the right thing!"

"Oh really? Prove it!"

The two slowly became the color that Discord loved. Despite being the King of Chaos, his favorite color wasn't rainbow. It wasn't a color that the typical pony eye couldn't see. It was gray. Gray was Discord's favorite color.

The two siblings continued to quarrel, even though the sound of the entry door opening. Discord lifted his 3D glasses up to see the three fillies that made the little group. He forgot what the name of their little club was. Cutie Mark Curators or something along those lines.

"I'm so glad you could-" Applebloom froze in place as she saw her older siblings spitting at each other and Discord with a bag of half eaten popcorn and 3D glasses up on his forehead. The expression on Discord's face was a mixture of "uh oh.", "will she also become discorded?", and "not those other two!"

The three fillies slowly trotted backwards and out of the household. At this point, nothing could phase through the two arguing ponies. They became more and more gray.

Discord looked down into his popcorn bowl only to find it empty. He snapped his claw-like fingers and made everything that he originally appear for him, disappear.

"How about lunch you two?" Discord asked. The two siblings kept on shouting at each other. Discord cleared his throat real loud and the two grayed out ponies became silent. "How about lunch, you two?" he asked again. Big Mac shook his head and stomped out of the house to do his chores in an angry fashion. Applejack looked at her older brother until he left.

"Whatever," she mumbled. Discord took that as a yes and made an apple appear with a snap of his claws.

Applejack snatched the apple and took an angry bite out of it. While she ate angrily, Discord got a sandwich out of the fridge. Despite not knowing what was in the sandwich, it tasted pretty good to him.

The two ate in silence for quite some time. During this time, Discord thought to himself. He had to admit, Princesses usually made the right calls, especially if one of them can dream of the future. He paused, looking at the Discorded mare. Was Applejack really going to make him "good?" Nah! As if!

Discord suddenly heard a sound. A continuous sound, to be exact. He looked over at Applejack, who was becoming un-Discorded. How?!

"Applejack!" he blurted.

"Ah really should apologize," was all she said. It was the quietest Discord had ever heard the boisterous mare speak. He arched an eyebrow in confusion as Applejack looked at him. She looked... hurt?

Without another word, she trotted outside to apologize to her big brother.