• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 1,133 Views, 6 Comments

Off-Screen Love - StevieBond



Flash and Sunset spend much needed time together after filming a scene for the next movie.

  • ...
9
 6
 1,133

Off-Screen Love

"Annnnnnnnd....cut!" The director said through the megaphone. "Alright, that wraps up the next scene, we'll start filming the first scene in the second half of the movie by the start of next week. Good job today guys and girls, you earned it."

The whole EQG cast all cheered at the announcement, breathing in sighs of relief, it had been a long day for all of them since production for the next movie was underway and now with filming done for the day, each of them had plans on what to do for the next few days.

"Woohoo!" Pinkie exclaimed in joy. "Film-free weekend party!"

"Finally, I wasn't sure if I was able to keep goin' like that." Applejack said. "Did ya see the way I had to fly at the top of that ceiling? I could've had my head get a noggin."

"What's wrong with flying, it's awesome." Rainbow said. "Just like I was all day."

"Well I could've done a whole lot better during the make-up scene." Rarity said before she wiped her mouth with a tissue. "I am never kissing another girl again!"

"Well umm that may be a problem." Fluttershy said. "Have a look at the script."

Rarity took the script and began reading the second half, her pupils in the eyes shrank when she noticed one line that made her gag.

"I'm sure it's not worth worrying about." Sunset assured as she put her hand on Rarity's shoulder. "It's all just part of the movie, what we do here isn't real."

"I suppose..." Rarity put down the script before flicking her hair. "...but still, I can now focus on creating my next fashion trend."

"So Sunset, what will you be doing today?" Twilight asked, putting her glasses back on and tying up her hair.

Sunset blushed a little. "Oh, Flash Sentry is taking me out to dinner as soon as he's done changing into his other clothes."

"As long as it is at a high quality restaurant, I greatly approve of his gesture." Rarity said.

"It's more than a gesture." Sunset corrected. "It's been a long while since he and I spent time together, working through that Rainbow Rocks movie wasn't really fun."

"Because of that scene where Flash said his line after you went on stage to stop our Rainbooms performance?" Fluttershy asked.

Sunset began to feel a little sad. "Yeah, he really didn't like saying that line when he told me off camera, but he had to in order to spice up the movie a bit."

"Spice up the movie my butt!" Rainbow intervened. "Stupid directors and their obsession with breakups!"

"Ya might wanna be careful with what ya say, Rainbow." Applejack warned. "These big movie production companies won't hesitate to find a new cast if they ever find us bad mouthin' them."

"It's alright girls." Sunset said. "Like I said, what we do in the movies is all fiction. Flash loves me and I love him and as long as it's off camera, then we can share our love in any way we want."

"Even with us?" Pinkie asked causing the girls to stare at her. "What? Is there something on my face?"

Flash shortly turned up in his casual jacket and jeans and quietly walked to Sunset from behind before wrapping his arms around her waist, causing Sunset to gasp slightly and feel embarrassed. "Hey there, Sunny love."

"Flash." Sunset giggled. "Not in front of everyone..."

"It's okay, we're used to it." Fluttershy said before grabbing her bag.

"Sooo." Sunset said holding her hand out to Flash. "Shall we go now?"

"Yeah for sure." Flash replied, taking her hand. "We'll see you all next week."

"Have fun ya two." Applejack winked.

Flash and Sunset waved at the girls before leaving the studio and to the outdoors. The thoughts of working on set flew from their heads as they walked down the path, on their way to the restaurant. Holding hands, Sunset wrapped her free arm around Flash's arm and their smiles grew with her head resting on his shoulder, the feeling of being touched by her hair with colours of the sun was satisfying.

Just across the street, a random moment occurred as they looked to see a guy walking in a rhythm motion across the road and they could hear what he was saying.

"It's a lovely to walk down the road and if I ever stop singing I will explode." he sang.

"Hey Stephen!" A stranger called him from a short distance which stopped the guy walking and his expression changed instantly.

"What have you done?!" he exclaimed in a low grunted voice before blowing up in a puff of smoke.

Flash and Sunset couldn't say anything, never in their lives had they ever seen a human go out like that. The shook their heads and continue walking onwards, but after a few minutes, they were stopped by a small group of fans.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" One fan yelled.

"It's Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer! I love them!" Another fan shouted in excitement.

Flash had his hands on his ears. "Calm down, guys, you don't need to shout."

"We're just like other people." Sunset added. "We're nothing special."

The fans blinked. "No way, you're not just people, you are...wait, are you two dating?"

"Yeah, didn't you say that you two were friends?" Another fan asked.

Flash and Sunset felt awkward. "Uhhh...of course we are." Flash said.

A fan scratched his head. "But you said you two broke up in the last movie and the movie before that."

"No, that was part of the movie script." Sunset corrected. "There's a difference between what is said in movies and what is said outside of movies."

There was silence for a moment, until it was broken by one of the fans. "Ohhh, I get it. Sorry for bothering you then."

"That's okay and we better get going." Flash replied.

The fans stood aside "Awww bye! We love you!" They then ran away and saying no more.

"Is it me or is this city being weird tonight?" Flash asked, re-taking her hand.

Sunset held his arm. "Yeah, it's as if something or someone is watching our every move."

"Maybe, but I won't let you go." Flash moved his head kissed her on the cheek.

Sunset blushed and smiled. "I won't let you go either...not like in the movies."

They both giggled before walking on to the restaurant which was now in their sights, when they arrived, the guy at the door switched his focus to them.

"Oh good evening sir and madam, do you have a reservation?" he asked.

"Yep, mister Flash Sentry, table for two." Flash replied.

The guy looked at the podium and found his name in the reservations book. "Yes here it is, table Twenty Four which is this way please."

Flash and Sunset walked in and were escorted to their table, noticing the decorations of the restaurant and sitting down on chairs.

"A waiter will be here for your orders shortly, enjoy." he said.

"Thanks." Sunset replied as the guy walked off, before looking at Flash and holding his hand. "So I wanna know, how did you get a reservation in this place?"

"Remember when I did that favour for a guy who was at Canterlot High years ago?" Flash said. "He knows one of the staff here, so he returned a favor by pulling a few strings to give us a night out here when there was a chance to."

Sunset smirked. "I see, is that the only reason we're here?"

"Nah, it's also because I wanted to treat you to the best restaurant I could find, to show that our off-screen love will always be a bright spark of fire."

Sunset smiled bigger and chuckled slightly. "Oh you..."

Flash grinned before sharing a kiss on the lips.

After the waiter came along they ordered their food, Flash went underneath the table to pick up something he had kept hidden. "These are for you." he said, holding out a small bouquet of flowers which were red roses and yellow daffodils.

Sunset gasped a little and her smile lit up. "Awww these are so beautiful...thank you so much." Flash gave her the bouquet and earned himself a more loving and affectionate kissing session that lasted for ten seconds flat.

Eventually, they sat back down when their drinks arrived and for the moment, things had settled down giving them the chance to catch up properly. "So, have you ever thought of what to do after the fourth movie we're in is finished?"

"I have a few ideas." she replied. "I think when it's done, we should take our relationship a step further."

The thought of it alone almost made Flash feel wild and crazy on the inside, but he tried to keep his cool. "Well uhhh, I was thinking of the same thing. But maybe my band would be able to start doing gigs all over the city and beyond, cause it's what I love doing."

Sunset giggled at his embarrassment. "You really are cute when you're nervous and try to be confident, it's why I fell in love with you in the first place, off-screen when no one was looking."

Flash plucked up slightly, as if he remembered something. "Oh yeah, speaking of that, remember when we first met and the detention we shared in the classroom scene after the cameras stopped rolling and everyone else went home?"

"Oh that was such a great day, we didn't do anything serious. We were two years younger and I never knew you were such a good kisser." she began teasing him by messing his hair. "Even if you almost missed the mark."

Flash chuckled. "Yeah, I was just so nervous to kiss you, it was gonna be my first kiss towards a hot, sexy girl that you were and still are." He held her hand once more. "Looking back, I knew there and then that I wanted a date with you and I said the most embarrassing thing ever at the end of when we had our first date, saying I would love to be your boyfriend."

Sunset laughed, "Flash, you're gonna make me blush all red." she sighed happily. "It's not happening in the movies, but I thank everyday that comes by when I'm able to be with you, as part of the cast and as your girlfriend."

Just then, the scent of food entered their nostrils, their meals had arrived and it was time to eat.

Across several tables were others who were dining at a restaurant, among them were a group of three girls who had fallen on hard times. It was the Dazzlings and one of them noticed Sunset and Flash at a table together.

"Well, well, well..." Adagio said.

"What is it Adagio?" Aria asked.

"Looks like Sunset has a boyfriend after all, I knew the movies were a dead give-away."

Sonata pondered with her finger on her chin. "Wait, movies give away dead movies?" she asked out of the blue.

"Noooooo." Aria replied sarcastically. "They give away free candies and puppies...of course not you moron!"

Adagio kicked her leg under the table. "Owww!"

"Quiet! Do you want us to get kicked out of here?" Adagio grunted. "I had to use all of my non-magic charm in order to get us a table."

"Whatever, anywhere is better than just going to Taco Paradise." Aria said.

"And what's wrong with Taco Paradise?" Sonata asked, feeling displeased.

Aria looked at her in return. "I don't know...you?"

"Girls!" Adagio groaned.

Sonata snapped out of her expression, looking at Adagio. "Oh wait, what are we talking about now?"

"Them!" She pointed to Flash and Sunset. "This is the perfect opportunity for some measure of revenge and I think I know how."

Aria sighed. "Not another one of your plans to do with the gems, you know we can't use them anymore, even when Sonata glued them back together."

"Thank you, that's the nicest thing you've said." Sonata said.

Aria slowly put a hand on her face. "That wasn't a compliment, doofus."

"Well then, have you got a better idea?" Adagio asked.

"I've got one!" Sonata sung. "Why don't I go over there and say hi to them?"

Adagio rolled her eyes, "Wow! What an amazing idea..." she said before banging her head on the table gently.

Sonata began to feel grumpy. "Oh you don't think I'm gonna do it, I will!" She got out of her chair and walked straight over to Flash and Sunset who had just finished their meals.

"Shall I go and kick her useless butt back here?" Aria asked.

"Let's watch, when Sonata has a face like that, this might actually turn out to be fun." Adagio replied as they watched what was about to happen.

"Hi Flash, hi Sunset." Sonata greeted politely.

"Oh uhhh, hi Sonata." Sunset replied. "What are you doing here?"

Sonata grinned evilly as if an evil idea came into her head. "Just to wish you two the best of happiness and love." she said, changing her expression to innocent on the fly. "And if you'd like me to hang out with you guys and your friends for taco Tuesday sometime."

"Well um, thanks." Flash said.

Adagio couldn't take it any more. "Arrrrrrrrgh!" she yelled as she stormed out of the restaurant with Aria who grabbed Sonata's wrist. "Oh, bye you two...owww, you're hurting me, Aria!" And they left altogether.

"Well, that was rude of them." Sunset said.

"Yeah, seems like Sonata doesn't mind that she wasn't in the third movie." Flash replied.

Sunset looked into his eyes. "But this isn't about them, this night is all about you and me."

"Shall we get going?" he asked, looking at his watch.

Sunset placed is hand on her face cheek. "Sure, shall we go back to your place?"

"Yeah, might be a bit messy, though." he giggled slightly.

"That's alright with me."

They soon called for a waiter over to ask for the bill and after paying, they left the restaurant, holding hands and walking away from the main city area and to the housing blocks where they eventually arrive at Flash's home. Unlocking the door, Flash stood aside to let Sunset in first and he followed, closing the door behind him and locking it.

Sunset was the first to yawn, it had been a long day and the walking made them feel tired. "Shall we just go to bed and talk about what else we can do tomorrow?" she asked.

"Yeah, that may be a good idea, I'll get my bedroom cleaned as much as I can." he replied before running upstairs to his bedroom.

After a moment, Sunset came in to his bedroom to find the room in a clean state, not a messy one. "Ahhh, there's my nightwear from last year, I knew I left it here somewhere."

Flash giggled sheepishly. "Yeah, I kept that safe just in case you ever came to my house."

Sunset picked up her nightwear and looked at him. "Umm Flash, do you mind if you..."

"Okay, I won't look." he turned his head away as Sunset changed into her nightwear.

"Are you getting changed?" she asked when she was done.

"I'll just sleep in my shirt and shorts on, it's fine." Sunset then got into Flash's bed and snuggled up under the covers. "I wanna say that I love you, Sunset and I had the best time with you tonight."

"I love you too, Flash." she replied, snuggling closer to him. "Thank you so much for tonight, I really needed it."

"Goodnight, my sunny love."

"Goodnight, my flashy."

Sharing one last kiss, they began closing their eyes and waited till they were both fast asleep. Whatever random moments took place today in the city, they both appreciate and love everything they do for each other...even if they don't show it for the cameras.

Author's Note:

Well folks, this was actually quite a fun story to write, the Dazzlings part was a last-minute addition but I hope it didn't take away the shine from the main characters I chose.

Comments ( 6 )

Cute! I don't like SunFlash (I am a proud Flashlight shipper!), but this story was pretty good and adorable. :rainbowkiss:

6550038 Thanks. :pinkiehappy:

Funnily enough, I support both of those ships. But I just felt giving Flash and Sunset a cute story together. :twilightsmile:

6550783
I love both ships as well!:rainbowkiss:(Although I like to lean towards SunFlash)
I have a question: was it necessary for them to call each other by their pet names in almost every line they said?:ajbemused:

Did you really have to add in that asdfmovie 9 clip in there? Whatever, still good comedy.

6551622
Yeah, I may have went a bit overboard with that, it's a bit of a bad habit. :applejackunsure:
I've re-worded some parts of the lines so they don't say it a lot of times.

6551631
Well, as I was writing this, there was an opportunity for a random moment and I just had to use it. :twilightsheepish:

Comment posted by StevieBond deleted Dec 4th, 2015
Login or register to comment