• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40- Am I getting too soft?

“Rarity! What in tarnation is this!?”

“Your new and fabulous, seasonal clothes!”

It was Friday, and man, it was a pain! Rarity told me during break time that I needed to come to her boutique and finish what I started days ago. There was a big difference, though.

All of her friends were here!

“Seasonal clothes!? This is too fancy for me! I told yah that I just needed a fix to mah family’s working garments! Don’t yah think so, Big Mac!?”

“Eeyup!” Said Big Mac in agreement.

“Darling, those dated things are not worthy for a family that will receive the Honorary Citizen Award tomorrow! You must look perfect while you and the whole Apple family receive it!”

“What does that have anything to do with our farming clothes? We are a traditional and humble family, for Pete’s sake! Not a fancy, social people persons of the sorts!”

“You are not making any sense, Applejack!”

“You are the one not making sense!”

“Come on, Applejack!” Said Sunset Shimmer. “This outfit is looking good on you! I can’t wait when Rarity finishes it by tomorrow!”

“By tomorrow!? Darling, this costume will be finished it in a few minutes!”

If my memory serves me right, when a woman says in a few minutes, it means that it will take one thousand years to just start applying her make up!

“You are looking amazing, Applejack!” Said Sunset assertively. “Why don’t we ask the opinion of the boys to prove our point? Big Mac! How does your sister looks?”

He just simply gave her a thumps up! That’s a good answer when you don’t want to say something stupid so kudos there.

“Oh! But Big Mac is his sister! Of course he’ll be supportive to her! Nitpick, how does my friend looks?”

Why are you screwing me now, Fluttershy?

Ever since yesterday after I asked her for forgiveness in a sentimental moment of weakness, she has been so painfully sweet during school hours! I could feel the diabetes rotting my body just by looking at her. She still looked tired, but at least… she looked healthy like the day I saw her for the first time.

I think it was good.

“YOU SEE!? When someone is taking its time, is bad business!”

“Oh, don’t be ridiculous Applejack! He is just admiring your new style for the autumn season… right?”

I didn’t like how she made a deep emphasis in the last part of her sentence.

“I can’t give an opinion! Her, uh, dress is not ready! It would be a half-hearted review!”

“You are right, darling! I must finish this before a proper critique can be made!”

“Rarity! Mah family working clothes, NOW!”

“I made lots of them using the designs from the historical video we made the last time! They were easy to do since I kept your family measures! So now, could you please be a dear and stand on the stool!?”

“What about us, Rarity!?” I asked in hopes that she would say that we weren’t needed.

“Both of you wait right there. As I said, this will not take long, trust me! Girls, let’s do this!”

All of them ‘Yay’ except for Applejack! That grumpy, weary and annoyed face of bitterness was so exquisite to my eyes that I couldn’t stop feeling sorry for her. As my only form of entertainment, I watched attentively to all of my surroundings.

The girls were playing ‘Dress Darbie’ with Applejack as their doll in the dressing room, but I could hear her complaining’s and being unhappy about it. Who would be happy about that? Rarity was raining her with tons of accessories, shirts, pants, dresses, skirts and the fuck I don’t know what more. What was supposed to be just a few minutes, it became two stressful hours for Big Mac and me. Big Mac found comfort in watching the fat cat sleep in her bed, slowly gazing for any hair thread she released when she coughed some fur balls.

I on the other hand, besides admiring the ambient, was playing with Spike ‘Go for the ball! It was my real and only source of entertainment, and after a while, Big Mac decided to join me in our new found source of interaction. He threw the ball, Spike chased after it, he brought it to me, I threw the ball, he chased it again and he gave it to Big Mac. Rinse and repeat.

Waiting for a woman to get dressed is like waiting for an old timer to finish reading his newspaper: it was boring, long and you felt you would end up mummified by the time he finished his reading session. And suddenly, Rarity made something unthinkable! She started to sing with a beautiful voice!

"Yard by yard, fussing on the details

Jewel neckline, don't you know a stitch in time saves nine?

Make her something perfect to inspire

Even though she hates formal attire

Gotta mind those intimate details

Even though she's more concerned with sales

It's Applejack's new dress"

“Rarity...” Interrupted Raindow Dash in a skeptical tone. “Forgive me if I’m not an expert in this things but this doesn’t look like a dress!”

“She looks… different!” Said Fluttershy with a kind tone.

“I believe she looks AMAZING!” Said Pinkamena in excitement.

“She looks so lawful!” Said Twilight with a cheering tone.

“I like it!” Said Sunset in approval.

“I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!” Yelled Applejack with an annoyed voice. “Where’s the mirror!?”

And she got out of the dressing room with… What in the world!

“WHAT IN TARNATION I’M WEARING!?”

“A set of stylish brown, cowboy boots with a matching belt made of the highest quality leather imitation in the market! A long, marvelous frock coat that highlights your new western shirt with a silver snap fastening design! Matching dark blue rodeo jeans made for the rest of the set, and finally, the last touch!” She withdrew a hat from a nearby box. “Your favorite Stetson hat completely retrofitted for the occasion! What do you think of your new duds, Applejack?”

She looked pissed! She looked menacing! She had a badass long coat!

There is no doubt in my mind now, she was The Sheriff!

“This is too fancy!” Said the sheriff in a commanding voice. “What’s wrong with mah old raiment!?”

“Why don’t we ask the boys instead of starting an argument, my dear? Big Mac! How does she look?”

He gave her the thumbs ups again. But this time he looked more convinced.

“Big Mac is mah brother! He doesn’t count, remember? Nitpick, give me an honest answer!”

“Me!?”

Oh fuck! I’m gonna die if I say something stupid!

“Don’t pressure him, darling! Nitpick, she looks nice… Right!?”

I’m doomed.

“You look nice.”

There, simple and clean.

“You see, y'all? …I look silly.”

All the girls looked a bit down. I turned my sight to Big Mac and his simple nod told me that I could do better.

’Sigh’

“Applejack, have you ever seen ‘The Good, the Bad and the Idiot’?”

“Of course! That’s one of mah favorite movies!”

“Well, you are the fucking Sheriff!” I got up from my seat and walked around her. I need to remember one of the western poems my uncle taught to me years ago. “If you were like a poem, it would be like this one...”

I remembered one of his poems of old. I cleared my throat and started to chant it.

'I was the toughest sheriff in town,

Don’t feel sorry you had to put me down!

You had to kill the chaos in my lawn,

Finally bringing peace to my lady in gown!

Bang, bang my marrowfat,

You are far from being the worst!

The day you shoot me my hat,

It’s the day I’ll treasure the most!

I remember it like if it was yesterday’s pack,

I was trying to pick up your applejack’s heart!

It was so sweet and incredibly arrack,

It made me feel Valentine making you shoot at my hat in a single out-start!'

“Or something like that! Anyway, I hope that made my point on how good you look!”

Applejack had her eyes far and wide open. Her face acquired a tint of red-like jalapeño color straight from hell! The only logical conclusion right now is that I must start running the fuck away from her and don’t look back to the bull trying to put its horns on my head!

“Uh… Thanks, partner! I-I…I’ll keep the outfit for myself then!” Said Applejack while grabbing her hat and hiding part of her face behind it.

Did I say the right thing, then? Why all of you are looking me like that? Why are you staring me like that? Someone do something!

“I should start with the boys outfits now! They will look fabulous!” Finally said Rarity, breaking the awkward silence.

“YEAH! Good idea, Rarity!” Said Sunset Shimmer. “How about the rest of us go home and see each other tomorrow during the fair!?”

All of them agreed to her idea. Someone tell me what did I do wrong, already!

“Nitpick... Would you like come to the fair in front of the Town’s Hall tomorrow? There will be lots of cider and other stuff” Asked a still, reddish Applejack.

Sixth sense tingling! Must reject offer politely!

“I don’t know! Tomorrow I have the sport class and that always leave me-“

“I believe that your sports class will be canceled because of the event, so you can go and help Big Mac with the stands!” Said Rarity resting her hands in my shoulders and started to give me a massage.

Ow… it feels nice!

“Eeyu- What!?”

“I don’t think he needs my help!”

I want to spend the day slacking in my bed!

“But I think he and the Apples would truly appreciate your marvelous help! You will go tomorrow to the fair and help them… RIGHT!?”

AAAAAHHHH! MY SHOULDERS! YOU ARE CRUSHING MY SHOULDERS!!!

“I’ll help them out! I’ll help!”

“Excellent! Darling, you are truly nice and amiable when you try!”

“You fucking drama bitch…” I mumbled to myself.

“What did you say!?”

“You are so charming!”

“Thank you! Flattery is certainly welcome!” Said Rarity while brushing her hair with her hand.

Bitch…

“I’m so happy you’ll come with us! We are going to have so much fun together, Nitpick!”

Twilight, every single time that you speak to me…

“’Sigh’ Okay, you are right! We’ll have a blast together!”

That innocent expression she made was enough for me to give up and go with the flow… Is Gily right about CHS making of me a pushover? Or perhaps there is truly another kind of truth in that place? My grumpy friend once said that you should try to understand first before criticizing something and since day one I have been neglecting to learn from where they come from.

Perhaps, I should give them a chance. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Tomorrow I’ll try to enjoy the fair with them.

Author's Note:

Remember that outfit change of Sunset Shimmer in the movies? Ever wonder why they didn't make a new art for the rest of the cast? Personally, I was a bit dissapointed in that area. The Friendship Games costumes don't count so I'll try to make a change of clothing to all the main characters during the autumn season! If you have any suggestions of which kind of cloth may be good for the characters, please leave a comment. If you trust my judgment, well, I'll make the best effort to not dissapoint you.

Also... writing poems is hard. How the writers make those things is beyond me! Also, if you don't understand the pack part, here in my country they sell you alcohol in six packs of the sorts. So that part of the poem means that the sheriff is kind of drinker that, well, usually drinks a lot.

Chapter rewrote on 01/09/2016

PreviousChapters Next