• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23- Thanks for keeping your promise.

Where is he? That's something I have been asking myself for the past few minutes while running around the school. I have searched for him all over the place. My owner will be mad at me for escaping from her, but I needed to find him. I could make him understand that what he was doing was wrong. If a girly approach failed to make him understand what he was doing, then a talk between boys will do. The only thing to do was not scaring him because a talking dog will be talking to him.

“Maybe I didn't think this well…”

The only thing I was thankful for was that I still had time before lunch started. My Twilight was brilliant as always! She finished the lab work as fast as usual. The only thing that I disliked was seeing Pinkie's sad and teary from inside my bag. I must find him quickly.

Not in this hall… not in this one, no, no, no. Where is he!?

“Stupid locker! Why aren't you more spacious?"

There he is!

I slowly approached to him while looking around to make sure nobody was around. Nobody is here, great! I was behind his back now, the only thing I needed to do was to get his attention.

‘Scratch, Scratch’

“NOW WHO-… Spike? What are you doing here? Where is Twilight?”

He looked around but it was not use, she wasn't here.

“Damn it! What was she thinking in bringing you here every day? She must have left her bag open by accident and you slip away from it. I will call her…”

I was starting to doubt he will take it well about my talking powers. He seemed angry. He searched in his phone for her number no doubt.

“Fucking great! I didn't save her phone during yesterday’s back-up! Let's see… Rarity's number isn't here either. Now I must find her quick before the lunch break starts. At least we have more than forty minutes left. Come here boy, I'll take you with her.” He grabbed me in his arms and started to walk somewhat quickly. I think he was feeling what I felt while I was searching for him just a few moments ago. “Where could you be?...” He said to himself in a low voice.

I am losing time like this. I came this far and I can't back down. Grab your courage, Spike! I can do it, I will do it.

“I-“

“I must ask you in this moment, why aren't you inside your classroom, young Mister?"

That voice! He tried to hide me by trying to not look back in her direction.

“I finished earlier my lab work with Professor Chemical Borefest and he let us go earlier, Mrs Harshwhinny!”

“He usually does that with good teams.”

“Yeah, well, gotta go!”

“Wait right there, Mister Bittersweet.”

“Aha…”

“Is that a dog what you have in your arms, young Mister?”

Oh no!

“Uh… no?” He said with doubt.

“You must already know that school forbids the students to bring pets inside the installations, don't you, Mister Bittersweet?”

“Yes, Mrs. Harshwhinny…”

“Mmm, what a strange choice for a dog ID tag you have there. I thought boys your age would choose a more bold design instead of a heart.”

“Haha… well, you know. Girls like sentimental boys.”

“This isn't your dog, is it?”

“Uh…”

She quickly took a look to my tag without hurting me. NO! Now she knows to whom I belong! Nothing is going as I planned!

“So this little one belongs to Miss Sparkle. Did she deliberately bring the dog? Why do you have it in this moment? If both of you don't want to be in detention, you must explain this at once.”

Nitpick, please don't tell her.

He sighed. “…Ok, Teacher, I can explain.”

Nitpick…

“The truth is…”

You promised!

“I told Twilight yesterday that she could bring Spike to my house. I live nearby so she came earlier to my place to leave him there. The reason why she did this is because she can't leave this little guy too much time alone, especially today that she will hang-out with her friends. I must have left the gate of my house open and this little guy followed us here. He is a smart dog so he found his way eventually.”

“It could have been a likely story except for the last part. No matter how smart a dog of his size is, he would have lost his way on the streets.”

“Then I'll prove to you that he is a smart, little guy. Spike! Give me your paw.”

I gave him the paw as he asked.

“This doesn’t prove anything, Mister Bittersweet. Any decent dog trainer could teach a dog that kind of trick.”

“Spike! Give me a high-five!”

I gave him a high-five.

“Still not convinced.”

“Spike! Run around the main hall and come through that turn over there!”

He left me on the floor and I ran around the hallway as fast as I could. Since I remembered all the turns I made to find him, it didn't took me anything to arrive from the other side. When I was with them, I ran straight to him.

“See? He found his way easily.”

“Very well, just one last test and I will believe you. Spike, right? Stand with only two feet, boy.”

“Come on, Spike. Stand up!”

And I did.

“Oh, I must admit that he is doing an adorable face. His moving tail definitely adds charm to it.”

“He looks kinda silly to me.”

Somehow, I felt that I just lost something that I will never get back anytime soon.

“Just this once I will let this pass away. I suggest you hide it well enough until your classes are over. If someone other than me finds it, they will confiscate it. Understood?”

“Like Crystal Mint!”

“That’s a brand name I haven't heard in a while. Shame that 'Wonto Company' went bankrupt after it's disastrous re-image. I miss those little candies. The Coldmint ones are so lackluster, to say the least.”

She left us after saying that. I was safe.

“With this, I have repaid Twilight for her lunch of the other time. You have made me tell a lie for you, little one. I don't lie in this kind of things…but I guess I promised her that I wouldn't tell anyone about you unless situation demands it so I still owe her lunch!”

You kept your Pinkie Promise, I knew you weren't a bad guy!

His phone rang, and he checked his phone.

“Well, it seems I have Rarity's phone again, Spike. This kind of text expressions are unmistakable... Let's go. Your owner is waiting outside.”

Should I talk to him now? I should-

“…You know, Spike. Twilight must be mad at me for the problems I have caused to her friends. I believe she would be better off without me.”

Don´t say that! Twilight enjoys being with you as much as she enjoys being with the girls!

“Hey, now I am going crazy, hahahaha! Dogs can't talk. But at least you are a good listener, if everyone in this place were as quiet as you… Oh, we are finally in the front gardens and your owner is right there!”

Twilight was there with a face of relief.

“You are safe, Spike! I was dead worry about you!” She said while softly scratching my head. “Thank you for finding him, Nitpick.”

“Yeah, it was he who found me, in fact. Anyway, I don't owe you anything anymore. See you later.”

My owner… Twilight hesitated to let him go, but in the end, he left.

“Now, Spike…”

…Oh-oh.

“Tell me the reason of this recent behavior.”

Someone save me.

Author's Note:

Chapter rewrote on 31/08/2016

Fanart updated on 12/10/2016. The old drawing is almost the same but I like the improvement on the new one, even if it's just a little.

PreviousChapters Next