• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 62- Happy Birthday, Pinkie Pie!

What is a Party?

It is a gathering of people who have been invited by a host for the purposes of socializing, conversation, recreation, or as part of a festival or other commemoration of a special occasion. It typically features food and beverages, and often music and dancing or other forms of entertainment. That’s what the dictionary says anyway.

With that said, I ask to you: What is a Pinkie Party?

There are barely any words that can make it justice! It is a gathering of special people to the party planner! Pinkie Pie, with all her unbelievable knack of doing things, chooses the snacks appropriate to each occasion, to each guest, to each season, making sure that there is a little of everything for any kind of palate. And that’s just for food. She chooses the music with the previous requirements, plus a little pinch of variety in the form of fun activities like dancing and striking piñatas, making people fall in the hope of getting lucky with the special sweets stored inside. You could say that Pinkie herself is the embodiment of the perfect party planner.

Then... how could I possible describe the event I’m assisting on this day?

“ARE YOU READY FOR THE PARTY!?”

“YEAH!”

“IDON’THEARYA!”

“YEAAAAAH!”

Nearly Indescribable! But I’ll do my best!

Her shouts were like a priest summoning her cult followers in fulfilling the only purpose that her church preached every single moment: experience the pleasures of school days and innocent fun! Pinkie Pie, like always, was greeting each individual guest with a big smile, giving away one of her special, little cupcakes for the occasion. No one rejects a Pinkie Cupcake! And more importantly: No one rejects a Pinkie Party!

But enough about silly reasoning and stuff! That’s not my style and my head hurts because of that! Right now, while Pinkie is distracted by the constant arrival of guests on the place, I was sneaking my way to the present’s table. You see, there is a tradition between she and I were if one of us is successful in delivering the present to the table without being noticed by the birthday girl, then the first slice of cake would belong to her.

Since I met her during our middle school days in CHS, she has successfully delivered the present to my birthday’s table for three consecutive years! I on the other hand… zero! Not this year! Not when my friends are helping me out this time!

I was hiding behind a wall with six presents in one inside an awesome box, waiting instructions from Twilight and Sunset to make my next move. I felt the adrenaline pumping in my blood like if this was the final boss of Jambo the Videogame! The conditions were perfect, and the multitude gave me the edge in hiding away from her. But even with all these people gathered here, you can never underestimate her Pinkie Sense. You’ll regret it one hundred too many times if you underestimate it!

“Rainbow Dash, are you there?” Twilight spoke through the microphone.

“I hear ya clearly!” I spoke trough my modified diadem, courtesy of my egghead scientist of a friend. “Where is she?”

“At the north entrance of the Public Hall! Seriously, how did she manage to rent this place? Even Crystal Prep must have a hard time asking for this place during the Wind Rider event!”

“That’s Pinkie for you! You will learn to not ask any questions soon enough! Sunset, where do I move now?”

“Your best bet is to sneak behind the beverage’s table and wait for further instructions! I’ll distract her for some time, but…!”

“I know, I know! Leave it to me, Sunset!”

“I can’t believe we are using the new Micro-Intercom Sunset and I developed to coordinate your movements instead of using it in the competition with Crystal Prep!”

“Chill out, Twilight! Consider it a test field of sorts!”

“Well, I suppose so. Carry on!”

It didn’t take Sunset more than sixty seconds to take Pinkie’s attention away from the table, giving me time to sneak upon it. She delivered her to Rarity, who also wanted to help me out. Once hiding, I waited a long, long time of five minutes, anxious for my next instructions. Normally, people would look at me with faces of doubt, looking at me like if I was a crazy gal of sorts. But everyone knows about the tradition I shared with her by now, so they look away when they spot me on the place.

“Okay, Rainbow! Move behind the cake’s table and wait there! You can lay your back on it! It’s a sturdy kind of wood, perfect for hiding!”

It was easy for me to move around with my nimble skills, especially behind such mountain-like cake giving me extra space to hide under its shadow.

“I bet you gave her the idea of using this table, Sunset!” I said while resting my back on it.

“This mission is too important to allow any kind of error! We have planned this for weeks, now! You can’t fail this time!”

“You say it so seriously! I can believe we are doing this just for a silly slice of cake for Rainbow!” Twilight said baffled through the intercom.

“Not any slice of cake, Twilight! The Pinkie’s slice of cake!”

She sighed in stress. "There are too many people in here! How many people she invited, exactly?"

"Knowing Pinkie Pie... well, at least two hundreds people! Mostly from our school!" I replied.

"WHAT!?"

“Yes, Twilight! We can- OH NO! RAINBOW, BE QUIET!”

Oh gosh! Oh Gosh! OH OH GOSH! That unmistakable voice was approaching my direction! Did she found me already?

“Pinkie Pie, what lovely design of cake you did this year!” Rarity said enchanted.

“Thanks!” Pinkie said proudly. “Not wanting to brag about it but this is my best cake yet!”

“What is Rarity doing here?” I whispered as lowly as I could. “She is supposed to be in southern entrance with her!”

“I don’t know! Whatever you do, don’t move! You are very close to each other!” Sunset urged. “I’m on my way!”

I hope she comes fast! It won’t be easy now! There are far more people from the school here than a few minutes ago, and it will delay Sunset’s coming! Although I’m happy for Pinkie Pie to receive such love and praise from all of her guests, I can’t stop being frustrated that they could ruin my opportunity to succeed in something important.

“Tell me, Pinkie Pie! What’s so special about this cake?”

“Ooooh! It’s a secret!” She tried to whisper. “But I can tell you that it has frozen strawberry ice cream inside of that bread volcano! With lots of crunchy, ice-hardened pieces of creamy chocolate inside of the cake-“ My mouth started to melt in desire. “-with lots, and I say lots of freshly made marshmallows on that little tower! All made by my own hands!”

And soon it will be mine!

The temptation was strong! I mean, I could simply take a small bite of it right now… but for what? The victory of finally beating Pinkie at her own game was beyond any prize that could be bestowed to me in this moment! The only thing that was left to do was-

‘Sniff’ ‘Sniff’

“You smell that, Rarity?” She said in trance.

“Smell what?”

“I don’t know! There is an aroma around here that doesn’t belong to the cake!”

I can hear it, even with this multitude! She is getting close to me!

“Ooooohohoho! Mmm! I don’t forget this kind of delicious aroma easily! I have smelled this before! It’s plain, but exquisite! It goes along with almost all flavors of ice cream in the world! Truly a legendary taste!”

Closer… CLOSER! Footsteps were heard in the other side of the table! Slowly walking around it! Heavy! Pronounced! Shivering!

“It smells like vanilla behind this table!”

SHE FOUND ME!

“Pinkie, LOOK! It’s Maud and your sisters!” Sunset saved me.

“WHAT!?” She was excited, taking the aura of torment with her. “IT’S TRUE! MAUD! LIMESTONE! MARBLE! I’M HERE!”

I took a light-speed glance to the scene to make sure Pinkie left the scene, and I quickly sprinted behind the multitude to make a final run to the present’s table. I could taste it! The first slice will be mine! Mine! MINE! I jumped forward the table and-

“AGGGHHH!!”

I received a bear hug from behind.

“DASHIE! I’m glad you made it!”

DARN IT!

“I WAS THIS CLOSE! HOW DID YOU DO IT?”

“Do what?”

“YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!”

“OOOOHHH! That! Ahahahahaha! Oh Dashie!” She embraced me gently while giving me an impious smile. “You nearly made it this year!”

“ARGH! Next year, Pie! Next year, I tell ya!”

“Anywho! Leave the present over there and come with me! Let’s party hard this day together!”

“Hey…”

She turned around and gave me a cutely look. “Yes?”

“Happy Birthday!”

We shared a long hug. Happy that we could spend time with our friends, I just let her hand guide me all the way. While all her guests were enjoying themselves in dancing and personal chatters, we joined with the rest of the girls, who were looking at me while releasing some chuckles.

“Oh, Rainbow! You were so close this year!” Fluttershy said while hugging me.

“You know, Rainbow Dash! I should’ve been the one to deliver the present myself! That little rush at the end was the mark of your imminent failure, y’all!”

“Nah, you aren’t that cool, Applejack!”

“Someone is getting competitive around here!”

“Do you always do this every year?” Twilight said somewhat amused.

“Of course, darling! It became a sort of tradition with us as well! Well, we only watch from afar but it’s fun to see them doing that!” Rarity informed.

“Hey, I noticed something is amiss!” Pinkie exclaimed. “Where is Big Mac?”

“Sorry, Pinkie! He is busy with farm work! Bloom and I could barely come here to be with you but we’ll have to take our leave earlier! This year we had better business than expected and I… you know!”

“It is okay, Jackie! I understand! But you won’t leave without some slices of cake for you and the family!”

She chuckled. “We wouldn’t miss them for anything!”

“I’ll leave earlier as well! I have to study for the tests of the next week!”

“But we already studied yesterday!” I said. “Come on! What are really going to do when you leave here?”

“Study!” Twilight smiled while carrying Spike.

“You can ask Twilight to help you more on your studies, Rainbow Dash!” Spike said. “I bet she can give you a quick study session so you can increase your previous score!”

“Like the last time we experienced the boredom of death? No, thank you!”

“Last time you decided to use crib note to pass the test instead of studying like everyone else!” Sunset scolded.

“I didn’t use it because you took it away from me, remember?”

“Good riddance!”

“Girls, don’t forget about our schedules in the competition! Who will go tomorrow to each place?” Fluttershy asked.

“I want a rearrange of teams, Sunset! I can’t possibly work near Blueblood or Polomare! Those two drive me insane, darling!”

“And I want to be far away from Gilda!” I said. “She gets on my nerves!”

“…Look, everyone!” Sunset said while sighing tenderly. “Let’s forget about everything for the rest of the day! This is Pinkie’s special day and nothing will ruin it!” Pinkie’s smile got even bigger. “Not even school business!”

“I couldn’t have said that better!” I saluted to her. “VYNIL! MUSIC! NOW!”

Pumpy music was the selection of Vynil Scratch while everyone danced in a single rhythm! But there are things that get better when new friends join the occasion! And right know, one of my newest friends arrived to scene!

“Hey, Rainbow Dash! Thanks for inviting me up!” Zap and I made an air clap.

“Glad you made it! But thank Pinkie! She was the one who asked for you!”

“I appreciate it! The other guys arrived as well! I’m sure Zest’s present will leave her impressed!”

“Hey, Zap! Glad you came here!” Sunset greeted her. “I know it is not the time but I need to ask you something.”

“Oh, if this is about our little fight a few days ago, don’t worry! Everyone at Crystal Prep bought our little show!”

“I am still feeling somewhat nervous if your school discovers you helped us out!”

“Don’t worry, Sunset! Unlike most of my peers, the Crystal students that came here know the truth about the Magic of Friendship… Although I feel guilty for lying to Sugarcoat! She doesn’t believe in it and she is still obsessed that it was a cheating occurrence!” She put a thoughtful face. “I can’t believe I lied to my friend…”

“I believe it’s for the best, Zap!” Sunset comforted her. “Besides, you know what happened after that!”

“Yeah… All of us competing with each other in a stupid event for the sake of our Principal’s big ego!” She crossed her arms annoyed. “Even Dust is focused in defeating you! I wish she had that kind of determination for other things in the school!”

“Come on, Zap! She is your family! Even if she is aggressive towards us, she does it for you!”

“Oh, Rainbow Dash… I know, but…”

“Don’t give me that downer of a look and forget about it! Look, it’s time for striking the piñatas! Give me your hand and I promise that everything will work out like last time!”

She gave me a warm smile and took my hand in comfort. It was time to show her my awesome skills, and I’m sure she will do the same to me. Zap, Zest, Upper Crust, Jet Set and Neon Lights were really an awesome addition from Crystal Prep… maybe they were on the wrong school. Perhaps, they could…

“WHAT!? AGAIN!?” Zap was burning in the passion of competition. The birthday girl was catching the goods from the broken piñata. “I KNOW IT WAS ON MY HAND!”

“HOHOHOHOHO! You are one thousand years too early to challenge me in Piñata Candy Grabbing! You have talent! I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time you will call ME master!” Pinkie laughed devilishly.

“I didn’t know you liked Star Wars!” Twilight said. “That last quote was from the Emperor himself!”

“Star Wars? You don't mean Galaxy Wars, dude who writes our dialogues?” She asked in a weird tone to the ceiling.

"Uh...What?” She asked confused.

She released a soft giggle. “Nevermind!”

The party continued for hours, and the games got better and better! Sadly, AJ leaved earlier with Bloom to work on the farm. The final competition of Rock Jenga was intense, but when the Pie sisters teamed up, any hope of victory was lost immediately.

Her presents were… how should I say it? Spot on! I don’t know how but everyone thought of the same thing besides some clothes or accessories to her: Giving her confetti and streamers as a present to her! She didn’t waste time, and used them as ammunition for her party cannons! Zest gave her a headset with Pinkie’s mark imprinted on it.

I hope Zest’s back didn’t break after being hugged by her.

Eventually, the party was over. The rest of the girls, her sisters and our new friends helped Pinkie to clean the place. It didn’t take us more than forty minutes to leave everything spotless. It was an awesome day indeed.

Author's Note:

I reread most of my story so I can keep a consistent plot on the events and their repercussions, and I noticed one thing: I haven't give Pinkie Pie enough love! (Or reading time. Spike is next.)
Although this was from a point of view of Rainbow Dash, as you could have perceived, the main focus for most of the chapter was about our favorite Fourth Wall-breaker!

She is annoying to me sometimes (I even wrote about it in one of my previous, crappy blogs.) But god, she gives me a good laugh when they write it so right! Especially on the comics! (I love that version! Luna, Applejack and Spike included)

Also... after reading some fanfictions during my previous, limited spare time, I noticed that I can use full references without worrying that much about names! So all this time that I modified names like Fire Emblem to Fire Seal and so on was entirely pointless and gave me a sort of a headache on inventing lame names like Pirate Moon, that is clearly Sailor Moon... even so, I will still use the modified names for the story's sake... except Star Wars. That's awesome! (Personal opinion)

As always, give me your honest opinions and suggestions!

PreviousChapters Next