• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21 - You are unsociable.

-????: Avoiding unnecessary arguments it’s good for your mind and spirit, so try to relax. Do not speak your mind without thinking your words first. We will see again sooner than I imagined. Take care *:・゚✧

It's always the same shit with you, you little… never mind. She never tells me how does she do it. But her message would have been far more useful earlier.

After the annoying discussion with Rainbow and not eating well enough, the final hours of today's school classes were a nightmare. I was hungry, annoyed and my patience just hit the danger zone. It’s been… never since I hit the danger zone. My only consolation in this place was that Twilight was being supportive with her silence during Informatics. We were just there, working in silence with the new coding for our application. I only needed to wait a few minutes more and peace and quietness will wait for me at home. Just need to shut my eyes and later play something and I will be back to normal by tomorrow.

“…Nitpick.”

WHAT!?

“What? I am busy with the database interface so make it quick!”

“Oh, nothing important. Let's do our best.”

Thank you for the moment of silence aaand... the bell rang at last. I saved my progress in the USB, sent another copy of it in my mail and I went straight to the school's exit. The multitude of students ready to go home was incredible. I swiftly joined their numbers and when I was finally outside, I started my short way home.

“Nitpick, wait!”

AH! WHO IS IT NOW?

“Can we talk for a bit?”

“I am not in the mood, Flash. Let's talk another day.”

“Come on, man! I want some help with something!”

Please don't let it be what I am thinking it is.

“About what?” I said with a ‘piss off’ tone.

“Well, about how to approach Twilight like you did!”

Did your infatuation with her overrode my indirect of not wanting to talk right now? I must be polite and refuse to help him.

“You don’t need my help, Flash Sentry! I told you before that you just needed to ask her out and be done with it. If you managed to date a beauty like Sunset Shimmer, then without a doubt you have a great change with Twilight Sparkle as well.”

“But every time I chat with her, we end up texting in circles! There must be something I am doing wrong to her!”

It's not like you are insulting her or anything. It's the way you force yourself to be nicer than usual what’s making her uncomfortable. That and that she doesn't want dating until she can sustain a proper friendship first. But I can't tell you that directly anymore… I can't.

“Have you considered that maybe you are talking to her the wrong way? I don't know, forcing yourself to sound fake to approach her?”

“But you are getting close to her just fine. Please tell me what you think I am lacking!”

Self-confidence, patience, being less of a pain. Just to name a few.

“You don't lack anything, maybe you are just being super annoying to her by trying to be more likable. Look at me, I am no-one especial and she says I am likable.”

“Mmm... you are right, you are somewhat plain.” Said Flash in a thoughtful manner.

“What did you say?”

“I-I mean, you are somewhat, uh, reclusive, you haven’t made a single friend so far besides Dancer and Lightbulb!”

You are starting to make me angry again.

“Why everybody cares so much in making friends from the nothing? Will it grant me a job? Or Super powers? If I do more friends then will people finally fuck off with the way I choose to live?” I said a bit shaky, I am losing it.

“Why are you angry all of the sudden?”

“Why I am angry? Because most people in this school are fucking UNBEARABLE to me. Saying things like ‘Do you have friends?' or ‘you are plain’ or ‘you are foul mouthed' or ‘you are unfashionable’ or ‘you are not up to the challenge’! What must I do for you to leave me in peace? Why I must please you in following your ways of ‘friendship’ when I think that you are being intrusive about it, Flash Sentry? TELL…" I sighed. ’’Wait a moment...”

You are right as always, my friend. I just need to think what I need to say before opening my mouth. Breath, I must breathe.

“Forgive me, Flash. I shouldn't vent with you my frustration, you have done me no wrong.… I am edgy right now so I should go.”

“Wait.”

‘Sigh’…

“Yes?”

“Maybe the reason why everybody is trying to get close to you and giving you suggestions is because you seem to be lonely.”

“Then they are doing this because they feel sorry for me?”

“No! They are doing it because they want you to feel accepted! Crystal Prep may have done you harm but this is CHS! We are better than them and we wouldn’t try to make you feel bad.”

“Really? Then explain to me what happened about this uncomfortable gossip your 'so much friendly and superior’ school made on Twilight and me! I don’t know about her but I found it incredibly stressful and stalker from your part! Yes, Crystal Prep was a nightmarish place in the social department but believe me that this gossip would have never happened there, not like this! And even if Twilight and I were indeed dating, or anyone else for the matter back there, do you know what my old schoolmates would do? Ignore it unless it was an extremely outrageous or interesting.”

“But-“

“I am not finished! Do you know that Rainbow Dash came to me during school break to complain about what I said about her exaggerated training programs? Do you know to whom I was telling my opinion? Twilight! And what did your school do? Not only filming and spreading lies about us but also sharing something private that I told only to her!

It’s true that in reality I said some of those things to try to clear the matter but, did they truly have the right to do what they did and spread those things?

“But you can’t judge the whole school for the things that just a few students did to both of you.”

“Of course I can! Nearly next to none stopped and tried to ask about if it was true or not, most of you just assumed and talked behind our backs, enjoying their new, shiny little toy to play with it. Not even you who are the most interested in her had the balls to go and ask her about her wellbeing in person, or did you? If it weren't for Twilight´s new friends, this mess would have gone out of control.”

“I just assumed that you… Ah!”

With that look of yours, I can safely say that you finally saw the light on the matter at hand.

“Thanks for sharing your time with me.”

“Whatever.”

Finally I am going my way home. I turned away and started walking.

“Before you go, I have some word of advice to you.”

What!?

“I'll assume that you will listen since you stopped walking. Well, I honestly think that you should change that mean way of how you think about us. Everyone tries to be on the groove in this school and if you are not careful with it, you could end up hurting people sooner than you think. No matter how good friends you are with each other, Dancer and Lightbulb can´t be with you forever, so you better start to be more open-minded about it.”

“Duly noted.”

I have more friends, you know? That doesn’t mean I don’t value their friendships but if we have to move on because circumstances demand it, well, I guess life goes on.

“You will never have someone like Sunset if you keep acting this unsociable to everybody.”

“Then I'll have to manage by myself in life.” I said while facing him face to face.

“At least think about what I just said.”

Why? Why did you have that sad face? Stop looking at me like that! You are the cool guy type! You should be angry, heroic and yell about the romanticism of school youth or some bullshit like in mangas or cheap movies. But that never happened in this case. After a brief silent moment, we parted ways and eventually the day came to an end.

Author's Note:

Chapter rewrote on 31/08/2016

Fanart added on 12/10/2016. This chapter didn't have a fanart before.

PreviousChapters Next