• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31- History classes

Ah! I felt totally rejuvenated after the events from yesterday! I was in automatic mode since Monday evening until I totally humiliated a supposed ‘Professional’ athlete and role model in the world of sports. The poor, old bastard was blinded with past glories that he didn’t notice that he became a cocky asshole. I would have let him be but after what he did with the treadmills… well, a cornered dog is a desperate dog, and a desperate dog is able to summon the greatest power of any sentient being: the power of necessity. And necessity can make you devise the greatest of actions!

But no matter! Today I would relax in my favorite spot! The wind was soaring gently, the leaves were traveling across the sea of concrete and land of this world and I, Nitpick Bittersweet, would enjoy my hamburger and have a moment of peace.

“We need to talk.”

AAAAAAAAHHHH!!

“Enough of your ‘We need to talk’ bullshit! What I have done to you!? The more I try to leave you in peace, the more force you apply to make me feel annoyed, giving in result in you being mad at me!”

“This is important!”

“Rainbow Dash, you little…! FINE! What do you want!?”

“Are you really friends with Gilda!?”

Why do you want know, Sergeant Loyalty?

“Yes. Now, let me eat lunch in peace.”

I'll have a bit of my good-looking hamburger and-

“Oh, no! You won’t!”

THE BITCH JUST THREW AWAY MY HAMBURGUER TO THE TRASH LIKE A FUCKING BASKETBALL!

“What the hell is wrong with-!”

“Wait! I have another one right here for you! Granny Smith forgot to throw some patties to the trash last week and that hamburger was expired! She asked Applejack to search for the guy she mistakenly sold the hamburger and I knew it was you when she mentioned that the guy she sold it to had ‘his hair messier than a bull stampede’!”

Oh, really? Well, I accept this new hamburger from you.

“Thanks…”

“No, problem…Schoolmate!”

That wink of yours made my sixth sense tingle again.

“What do you want, Dash? You are making me shudder with what you said just now!”

“Oh, C’mon, it just an appreciation for saving me yesterday from that guy! And to be honest…you were the one who made me shudder when you were menacingly giving him no space to save his butt from your threats! You were completely different! Like a frightening and sneaky dark lord with suit or something from a spy movie! But you were the good guy in the end!”

A frightening and sneaky dark lord? You made me feel warm and cozy! I could feel the butterflies running wild in my stomach with that praise of yours! Truth to be told, I was bluffing immensely in that moment! I filmed and sent what happened, true! I was lucky to be there since I really was in the bathroom and when I noticed what was going on, my sixth sense tingled and I knew I had to film them and sent the proof to my friends! But the video wasn’t completely sent to them when I did my speech! Had Lighting Dust erased the video file as Wind Rider told her to do, then we would have been screwed. Thank to the Truth of the existence for her stupidity in above-average mail functions because by the time I retrieved my phone from her hands, I had sealed my victory in our one–sided debate!

“Well, it was nothing, really. Something I learned during my year in the academy. You have to be more than smart or cool to survive there.”

“Sounds cool and all but let’s go back to my original question. Why are you friends with her?”

“Because it just happened.”

I won’t tell you something like that, Rainbow Dash.

“Why!? Then…well, it doesn’t matter, my real question is if you can be friends with someone like her, why can’t you be friendly with the rest of the school? Everyone here is nice and cool!”

Who the hell is ‘Everyone’?

“Dash, you can’t force me to be loyal to your cause if I don’t feel like it! You must understand that there are people who can manage by themselves just fine! Please, I have newfound respect for you from what you said yesterday, so don’t make me throw it away and be annoyed by you once again!”

“But Indigo Zap told me yesterday that you can be a cool guy when you really try!”

“That bitch dares to make statements like that after what she did to me!?”

“Hey! I won’t allow you to speak ill of her!”

She is right, bad idea after discovering her relentless will to fight for her beliefs, better to keep fighting at minimum.

“Ok, I understand! Whatever happened between us is nothing of your interest. And I will answer your question right now. Yes, I can be cool, but only when people allow to me to be myself! Gilda speaks her mind to me to the point of being a complete ass and I can do the same towards her just fine! Lightbulb is the same! And Dancer-“

“Gilda is trouble! She is violent, reckle-”

I shut her mouth with my hand.

“You have interrupted me when I speak too many times since day one and I have always allowed you to finish what you want to say! But now, I will defend my friend from your petty insults and you will listen to me, alright!?”

She looked at me, and after thinking it carefully, she just agreed with a nod…unexpected.

“Rainbow, short version; she is my friend, never doubted me before, I have trusted her in many important and touchy subjects for me and she has never failed me, and I have done the same for her. No thanks were needed, nor gifts or praises. Just the comfort of having someone you can trust in school. And when we five were together in the academy… forget it, you get the idea!”

“You can find people like that here.” Said Rainbow Dash with an unusual gentle tone “Just help me with Fluttershy and I promise you that I’ll never bother you again with the soccer team.”

“I can’t do it, Rainbow Dash, it needs to be real! …But I give you my word that as soon I find a reason to ask her forgiveness, I’ll come straight to find you and ask help!”

I can’t believe what I am saying.

“You Pinkie Promise!?”

That silly promise from hell again!?

“…Fine.” I proceeded to say the chant “Cross My Heart, Hope to Fly, Stick a Cupcake in my Eye!”

‘SPLURT’

“Awesome!” Said Pinkie Pie with great happiness and approval “Now the deal is sealed! But I hope you find a good reason soon. Anyway! We gotta go! I’m hungry!”

THAT BITCH AND THOSE CURSED CUPCAKES!

After…that, it was time for the National History class and it seems that today our teacher will not come again. Instead, two people I barely knew were put in charge; one was the older brother of Applejack, and at his side was the teacher-like librarian of the school, Miss Cheerilee!

“Hello, students!”

“Hi, Miss Cheerilee!” The entire classroom greeted her, me included.

“I’m saddened to say that Mr. Magictale won't impart classes again. At the age of seventy-nine, it was hard for him to keep his schedule and not putting his health at risk.”

All of my classmates except for me were saying things like ‘What a bummer’ or such. This is bad! We need a teacher right now! I don’t want to have extra classes in other semesters! Especially a class that only has two hours in it.

“Don’t worry! You will have classes with me until Principal Celestia finds a new history teacher! And Big Mac is going to be with us! As you know, he is part of the ‘Non-traditional student’ program and he is just months away to receive his diploma and finally go to a good college! Isn’t that nice everyone!?”

“THAT’S MY BROTHER!” Screamed Applejack with pride.

Everyone else gave him praises and cheers. There is nothing wrong with finishing school even if you are past the average age to do so! …but for me, it’s not something you make public this lightly. I cannot judge him, though. Perhaps he is enjoying this moment.

“All right, my students! Let’s start with today’s lessons! Big Mac! Please help me with the projector and the laptop while I give the class!”

“Eeyup!”

You are truly a man of few words.

The flow of the lesson was really slow, but not in the bad way. Where Mrs. Harshwhinny gave her lectures with great dedication but at the same time as boring as fuck, Miss Cheerilee has this unusual energy to keep the class entertained. Any good teacher can make even the most boring lesson great, and once again she has showed me that she is destined to be a teacher…Why she wasn’t one yet?

Miss Cheerilee told us about the great revolution that was linked with the events of the foundation of Ponyville nearly one-hundred years ago! There was a civil war between the nobles of the time who desired to rule the land under a single crown. That made the pioneers who eventually met with the Apple Tribe run from their lands. Princess Amore grew tired of the warfare and chaos and wouldn’t allow the injustices of the wicked of Equestria to keep ravaging the people’s freedom in a sea of bloodshed.

She did great progress and by the time the First World War started, she had successfully united the states of that time under a single flag in the nineteen-thirties, but she paid a heavy price to make sure that peace returned to the world.

She journeyed to the lands of the east to sign a treaty near the end of the war and that gave birth to the 'Global Union' we have today. Her most loyal generals implored to her that it was too dangerous to go unescorted by an army but she went straight to the lion’s den to prove her point; war was over, and there was no need for more slaughter. When she was signing the peace treaty, an old and powerful general called Uldrich Sombra committed a successful assassination attempt, ending the life of the valiant princess.

As she was drawing her last breaths, she made the following statement with a beautiful smile, ‘Prithee that ye stop hating each other. Everyone hath the right to live in the gift that life hath wrought upon us. War and tyranny are nothing more than the illusion of control and gives birth to the perversion of ideals. No matter how many enemies ye kill, in the end of things, whither I shall go in my journey of the eternal dream, thou goest... one day... Enjoy ...life …because …there is …only…one’

Thanks to my friend from the Great Equine country, I understood some of the old words and her simple but powerful message inherited to us. The rulers of the nations were so moved by her last speech that in the capital city of Canterlot, there was a small monument dedicated to her selfless actions with the signs of every leader of the governments of old. It was supposed to be a big statue instead of simple shrine, but rumors say that she hated the luxurious, selfish and sickening lifestyle of the old monarchs, enjoying more the simple things in life, so the shrine was more than appropriate for her memory.

Other rumors say that she had children, but her lineage was erased from the face of public knowledge. Perhaps, it was for protection to them from resentful people of the time.

“Miss Cheerilee.” Said the girl called Lyra “I didn’t understand some of those words she spoke in the video. Could you tell us what they mean?”

“Of course, Lyra.” Said Miss Cheerilee with a tender smile “This is one of my favorite speeches from one of my ideal and fair rulers of all time, her words are the following in modern English, 'I pray that you stop hating each other. Everyone has the right to live in the gift that life has brought upon us. War and tyranny are nothing more than the illusion of control and gives birth to the perversion of ideals. No matter how many enemies you kill, in the end of things, wherever I go in my journey of the eternal dream, you will go as well one day. Enjoy life, because there is only one.'”

“Thank you, Miss. But it’s so sad”

“It is a message to all of us to not let our ideals and dreams become harmful to others, Lyra.” Said the Miss with a thoughtful voice. “Always strive to enjoy life to the fullest and not let petty grievances or differences of opinion destroy the opportunity to live in this world with others. It’s easy to forget this kind of things when you are clouded with a simple mindset.”

Once again, you surprise me, ‘You should be the Teacher’ Miss Cheerilee.

“Ok, let’s go to more happy lessons like the fall of the oppression on Griffonia, country of the great capital city of Stalliongrad!”

Oh, that’s were Gilda came from! A super rough, cold and merciless country in terms of weather and land distribution! Proud, strong and tall people were the griffonians. My height was 1.71 meters and Gilda was only 2 centimeters shorter than me. If Twilight can reach my chin when both of us are properly standing up… ah, forget it.

“Okay, Big Mac, could you please put my other presentation while I read some historical facts?”

“Eeyup!”

What an obedient fellow. He truly seems to be good-hearted, he looks like… This is!

As soon I put my full attention to him and the direction of his eye-sight, I finally noticed that innocent sensation that both of them gave me when I met them in the library. Watching her tenderly like if she was someone godly, unreachable and hopeless to dream about, I understood his feelings completely as I stared at my crush for a moment.

I only hope for the best.

Author's Note:

Chapter rewrote on 01/09/2016

New fanart added on 31/10/2016. The old fanart was... crappy on some portraits.

PreviousChapters Next