• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

Chapters Next
Chapter 1 - Enter Nitpick Bittersweet

They say that Death whispered to his sleeping victims. During your dreams, he walked besides you and opressed you with his usual despotic nature. 'I'll haunt you forever!' He whispered with his mind. 'One day you will be mine!'

'I don't want to die by your hand!' Is what I would say... but dreams had the knack to make people mute. Or at least, it made me speechless, sometimes. But against such a natural entitity of Mother Nature, resistance was futile.

No one can stop death!

Just when he was about to swing his scythe and spirit me away from the living, a familiar sound resonated around us. My hand crushed another clock, my weary eyes opening as the sun appeared through the window. The dawn was coming. The little town of Ponyville was ready to receive it once more. The song of the lively birds, the serenity of the wind, everything was fine in this beautiful town. But more importantly...

I was alive for another day.

There was a special house in a certain avenue. It consisted of two floors with a common garage, and on the inside of the house, there were the typical furnitures you could find elsewhere - a normal kitchen, a normal bathroom, two now empty rooms in the upper floor and a small closet to the laundry stuff. But there was one room that was still in use. It belonged to me, my only sanctuary. I was about to return to land of dream and see if I could challenge Death once more when but the claxon of a car made me open my eyes slowly.

“Uhhh, who breaks my chains of slumber? ...What time is it?”

I tried to reach my alarm clock... my hand didn't find anything on it's usual place. "Shit..." I mumbled with annoyance. "I did it again..." My cellphone will do, and as I watched the hour, a piercing horror filled my senses... It was six in the morning with twenty minutes. “Shit!”

I quickly got out from bed and that made me trip with its sheet. I ended up slamming my head on the door. I should be used to this, this kind of routine. But the mind of a dysfunctional teenager simply refuses to change! I went straight to the shower as fast as I could, rubbing my head to calm down the pain. When I used the valve of the water, however, “AAHHHH!” it was ice cold. “THE GOD DAMN H-HEATER IS OFF AGAIN!!”

That was me, Nitpick Bittersweet, seventeen years old. Your average, apathethic high school student. My height is 1.71 meters and 71 kg approximately. My terrible messy, dark brownish hair was a trademark of its own with my brown eyes being as normal as the tree outside. Light tanned skin with a physical appearance that was painfully average. My hobbies are videogames, international cartoons, PC tweaking, sleeping and napping. Blunt, rarely friendly and badmouthed. My parents are not at fault with the last ‘quality’, and unlike my father, my mother simply didn't know about my colorful language…yet.

At least... those traits are what the people say about me.

Lately, I had very negative thoughts in my mind because of recent events in life. I was a student in the prestigious school of Crystal Prep, but I had a personal issue that made me drop out there. Since I needed to keep studying to finish high school and have a change of entering a good college, I opted for the best choice near my house: Canterlot High School.

Drying as soon as possible from my quick bath, I went back to my room and got dressed quickly. It was easy because most of my clothes for the coming fall season consisted of long shirts of the crew neck type (black, grey and blue navy were predominant colors) four standard one-size fit all dark, thick blue jeans, three pairs of shoes.

Besides the previously mentioned clothes, the most important piece of cloth I have was carefully bended inside a box; a Grayish-black, plain tactical shirt whose sentimental value was immeasurable, my grandfather gave it to me before long ago in my fifteen birthday, it’s my favorite cloth, and it receives special treatment like being washed by hand with a special soap and being safeguarded when not in use in the box to avoid damage, it's an extra size bigger, XL, but when I reach twenty years it will be fit just fine, I hope. Since the weather was nice, I decided to use it on my first day.

Once I was ready, I quickly got down to the first floor of the house and headed straight to the kitchen. I did my usual ritual and prepared my nearly mastered banana and apple smoothie. It was quick, tasty, nutritional, and most importantly, cheap! Who doesn't love cheap stuff? Since my family had to move out to Manehattan because of my father's work, I have to live on my own for two years until either I finish High School or his business work ends. So I needed to administrate carefully my income for food, personal hygiene items, emergency expenses and the internet service.

The last one a priority.

The only reason why I didn't move out with them is because I was going to study in Canterlot High and I am sure that if I was still a student of Crystal Prep Academy, the old man would have made the transaction to the best school of Manehattan instead. I didn't understand his loyalty to Canterlot High. He was a student back in his youth but I didn't know what was so special about it. He says his high school would give me better life tools than Crystal Prep could ever hope for.

I didn't believe it, of course.

But living alone was alright if it meant to study there. I could do everything I wanted as long as the house was still intact. And since I'm not really a people person, barely having friends on the academy, they don't have to worry about me bringing someone strange to the house with the exceptions of very few friends known to them. But this was not the time for that, I was going to arrive late to school if I didn't hurry.

It was September 1st, Monday, and school periods has officially started at national level two weeks ago. By mistake, and some bad habits, I got sick with a strong flu and couldn't go to the school. My mother called from Manehattan and explained the situation to Miss Luna, the Vice-Principal of the school, and she told me that she said that there was no problem and she would ask a student to make a copy of all the notes I missed in classes. That wasn't the way I planned to start my third semester, or second year, in a new school but shit happens.

After jogging for 15 minutes, I barely arrived on time for the special tour. I never was the athletic type but this was ridiculous, now I know why my previous sports teacher, Captain Shining Armor, always scolded me for not exercising enough at his class. Canterlot High is a humble school located near the center of the town with one hundred years of history. It is made of sturdy bricks with a coat of red concrete reinforcement, and besides the main building a soccer field. In each corner of the installations there were fire hydrants that installed in the most important zones of the school if there were ever to be an emergency.

For a small town and putting aside my personal opinion comparing it with the installations of Crystal Prep, Canterlot High was a fully equipped school on the outside. Especially with its elegant front lawn with a statue of a… stallion? Where is the stallion? I swear there was a stallion two weeks ago.

It didn't matter. Perhaps it was being repaired.

Since I was a new student, the headmaster of the school, Principal Celestia, told both my father and me during the inscription that I was going to receive a special tour of the installations on the first day one hour before classes started. Since I got sick, the day was postponed until now.

I tend to hate waiting for long periods of time when there's an established appointment, and a student right now is waiting for me to start the activity. I found that irritating because if I hate being made waiting for something already scheduled, I despise to make someone wait in the same sense.

Ironies of life, I guess.

But I started to think it was not the case here because it was six with fifty-eight in the morning and not a sign of my future classmate was seen in the surroundings. I sat on the stairs in front of the main door and comfortably waited for any signal of life. I looked around and noticed that the soccer field had some trash bags filled to the brim with what it appeared to be debris of hardened sand, trash and the like. Maybe they had an event during the days I didn't assisted. Right, the Friendship Games, they mentioned it happens every four years or so.

Champion Sugarcoat tended to annoy the students since last year with training and studies for that competition.

I don't know why my old school and that old witch of Abacus Cinch cared so much about winning! It was just a stupid competition made by the founders of both schools! At least I was so sick to assist and participate in it with my new school. Couldn't hide the shame of no longer being in the academy. When I was about to complain about my classmate being late, suddenly, I heard the doors opening from behind.

Fuck, somehow I knew I was the one who was late after all.

“You must be the new student! It's nice to meet you at last!” Said a gentle, mature and confident voice.

It was not a he, it was a she. I turned around to presence a breathtaking sight! But said expression was extremely unworthy for the Goddess that was in front of me; Fiery redhead with strips of golden hair, light amber skin, deep and beautiful cyan eyes! Her outfit consisting of a grey jacket with an orange strip on both arms with matching boots, some blue jeans and a light cyan shirt. The blowing leaves were magnificent this morning.

There is no doubt in my mind. This girl and I are destined to be married for all eternity.

This is one of the rare occasions where I wish I paid more attention to my friend girl, Chocolate Dancer, in the women clothing subject during our shop trips after middle school years ago. I don't know shit about complimenting a girl. I barely knew what kind of cloth was what. My late mental description could be right or terribly wrong.

“Uh, are you okay?”

Crap... I got lost in my thoughts. First time meeting someone from my new school and I am already screwing everything.

“Eh, yes, uh, I'm sorry, It's just that I expected a guy to give me the tour, not someone as beautiful and breathtaking as you.”

That was so fucking stupid. Please let it be a miracle and make it that she didn´t hear that.

“He…hehe, uh, thanks, that’s, uh, really nice to hear” She said awkwardly.

I'm such an idiot!

Author's Note:

This is my frist story and my first fanfiction. Never in my life I would have imagined to be writing this kind of thing, but after watching an old anime named Urusei Yatsura, the recent movie of Friendship Games and being convinced by my cousin who writes in another fiction site, here I am.

I don´t know if my style is too detailed or if during the course of what I write the tags are ok, but if you like my story and share some tips, I hope to make something enjoyable.

That´s it. I have other chapters in progress, I had a brainstom last night but everything is so unorganized. I hope they will be finished in a few hours or tomorrow. And before someone makes the obeservation, I dont think my story will be about romance anytime soon.

Note: This chapter was rewritten on 12/08/2016. If my vocabulary improves again, I'll rewrite it once more.

Note 2: This was the original Fanart of the chapter, added on 15/09/2016... I know, pretty terrible.

Chapters Next