• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32 - Just hanging around!

-?????????: So, this is how legends fall? Poor, old Wind Rider.

-?????: Wind Rider? More like Dick Rider!

-Nitpick: But at least the old bastard was dealt with my iron fist!

-?????????: My plebian friend, sometimes you amaze me with your petty sparks of determination.

-Nitpick: Shut up, fucker!

-?????????: Never mind that worthless, old geezer! Bittersweet is gone from Crystal Prep…for now, so you must become the new Champion for the sake of the lower class! Just for this semester, Gilda!

-Gilda: NOOOOO!!! I don’t want to be part of that group of workaholic jerks! Being second in command was a nightmare as it is!

-????: Remember that I am a Champion, my formidable friend! So when I come back to my normal routine next month, we can be companions as leaders together ^‿^

-Gilda: It’s busy work! Nitpick! Tell her something!

-Nitpick: She will not become the Champion! That’s final!

-????: I will take your innocence from you if you don’t side with me, my beloved friend! ლ(́◕౪◕)ლ

-Nitpick: You are the new Champion leader, Gilda!

“Fuck you, Nit!”

It was Friday evening. Gily and I were hanging around the suburbs because we decided to drop Dick Rider’s classes. The reason, you ask? He was a bother. We were in a gourmet restaurant eating pasta while we chatted with our dearest friends. Both of us were wearing our normal garments with the distinction that I was wearing my favorite tac-shirt and she was wearing her favorite gamboge, air-force jacket. Today was special.

“Hey! You know how scary she is when we make her mad!”

-????: Whatever you mean, my beloved friend! You know how much I love all of you and I could never think of getting truly mad at you ★~(◠‿◕✿)

“How does she do that? I fucking hate it when she does that!”

“She is insightful, Gily!”

-Nitpick: Sometimes your perception of our thoughts is scary.

-?????????: You got it easy in her insight department! I was scolded by her nine times this week… NINE TIMES!

-?????????: My dear sister, sometimes I wonder how do you perceive our feelings with pin-point accuracy.

-????: It’s only with the people I love and love me back! ヘ(^_^ヘ)

-Nitpick: I feel honored…

-Gilda: Anyway, we are gonna leave soon from this fancy restaurant. We should come another time together, the food tastes great and it’s sophisticated enough for the Royal Pain.

-Gilda has sent you a picture.

-?????????: Oh, it looks decent. I am amazed in how the commoners keep improving their services with the pace of time.

-Nitpick: Stop being an asshole ಠ▵ಠ凸

-Gilda: ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

-?????????: ╭∩╮ (╹◡╹ )

-?????????: HEY!

-????: Even if they are being rude again, I am siding with them this time, my dear brother. You are being a headache, even more so than usual.

-?????????: HMPH!

-?????????: Anyway, enjoy this day!

-????: If you end up in a place alone, always remember to use extra protection (◕‿-)

-Gilda: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU IMPLYING, YOU STUPID LITTLE BRAT!?

-????: Whatever you mean, my formidable friend! I just worry that’ll you find yourself in a dead end where scary people wander at night.

-Nitpick: Right…

Gily and I paid half and half for our food receipt and went straight to the mall of the suburbs.

“How can people like this kind of places? They are so crowded and noisy!”

“I know right? But at least this place is better than the Maximus Plaza in Crystal States!”

“Nit! At least that plaza has more variety than here! And that makes the effort of being surrounded by noisy people somewhat worth it.”

“Yes, but that plaza doesn’t have what this one has! This store right here!”

“A fucking teddies store!?”

“Deal with it! Her birthday is coming soon, remember!?”

“You are right! Glad I brought some extra money. Let’s go inside and do this quickly. I don’t like this kind of places.”

As we walked inside the store, we were speechless with the amount of girl power this place exuded. The amount of pink was overwhelming and sickening! The stuffed toys were of varying sizes and all of them had those big, silly and scary faces imprinted on them!

“Owww they are so beautiful!” Said a random girl. “I wish my boyfriend would buy me the big one!”

“Do you hear that, Nitpick?” Whispered Gily and chuckled. “Poor bastard!”

“Yeah! I thank you for having more practical standards! I love you for that!”

“Heh, are you hitting on me?”

“Sure, my sister loves you and you already know how to cook and clean the house. And besides, those killer curves and pretty face you have when you aren’t angry like a berserk just sweets the deal!”

“Humph! You are a fucking ass! Oh! Look! That’s perfect for her!”

“A stuffed deer… yeah, this looks actually beautiful for her! Let’s see the…”

“FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS WITH NINETY NINE CENTS!?” We yelled in unison.

“What the fuck is this shit made of? Diamonds and gold threads!?

“As a matter of fact, young lady, the fabric of this lovely deer is made of velvet.” Said the clerk from the store. “Feel the quality of the texture! Enjoy the softness of the fabric! You won’t find a better product like this in all of Equestria!”

“…She is right, Gily.”

“Dammit! What we do for love!”

“Yeah, lucky me that I saved all year for your presents! Miss, we’ll take the deer as a present for a friend!”

“Oww, how sweet of you! Your friend must be blessed to have great friends like you!”

“Only for our friends…” We said in unison while shedding a tear of misery.

An opera tune-you know the drill…

-????: I love you so much! ♥‿♥

“NIT! Did she send you the same text!?”

“Just buy the goddamn deer…”

After having bought the stuffed deer enveloped in a beautiful package, we walked around the suburbs, wasting time like always.

“We still have time to kill, you know?”

“Nit, we should go to the new family bar that is over the Boulding Park Street!”

“Is it good?”

“Really good! Or at least that’s what my gym mates said about the place. They say that three pretty gals are the owners of the bar!”

“I knew that your proteins would turn you to the dark side of sexual preferences! Not complaining, mind you.”

“Do you want to die that badly, you little shit?”

“I want to drink a ‘Palomita’ with you, not die.”

“Then lets’ go already!”

“So…I was meaning to ask you something.”

“Rainbow Dash was my first friend after I moved from the Motherland to Cloudsdale in this country. She was an acquaintance with Fluttershy during that time and had a stable relationship with us but she was too shy for us back then. She taught me how to defend myself and stuff but Pinkamena Diane Pie came and ruined everything by playing me too many annoying pranks when I wasn’t even her friend to begin with! I lost control and…well, everything is history.”

“Thank you for telling me.”

“I knew you were meaning to ask that, and I feel much better telling you this. Next time the others are with us, I’ll tell them too.”

“Take your time… my friend.”

“Happy First year of Friendship… my friend.”

We shared a long, tender hug, but...

“Enough of this sentimental bullshit! Here it is what we were looking for!”

“The Dazzles?”

“Yeah! It looks somewhat shady but if what my pals at the gym say is true… Well, just one way to find out.”

As we opened the door, we were marveled by the exquisite furniture that emanated a sense of royalty. The soft but glamorous lights coming from a lot of beautiful candles that were welcoming to even the most tired of eyes, the smell of first class cuisine perfectly combined with the soft essences of candles was relaxing and at the service table, there was a barman who had the longest and puffiest hair I have ever seen in my life. I couldn’t even see his uniform.

We didn’t know how, but Gily and I were sitting in the bar chairs without noticing how it happened.

“Nit… this place… its gorgeous! And I hate gorgeous!”

“I have never seen something like this in my life, either! Do you feel the fucking chair we are sitting in? These are actual cushions!”

“Glad to know that this place is of your liking, my dear patrons!” Said the attendant with a seductive voice.

So it’s not a barman but a barmaid!

“Well, let’s get straight to the point! I want a ‘Palomita’!”

“Make it two!”

“Perfect!” Said the barmaid as she turned her attention to us.

Those eyes…

“You remind me of someone called Rarity at my school, CHS, although your eye color is purple-like and more seductive!”

“You are annoying me.” Said the barmaid with great displeasure…what did you do to her, Rarity?

“WOW, NIT! Just fifty seconds since we sit here! It’s a new time record!”

“A record in annoying people he just met?”

“Yeah! One of his many special talents! This one being my favorite! HAHAHAHAHA”

“Laugh it up, Gily.”

“You seem to be really comfortable with each other. Couple?”

“No.” I said.

“Friends with benefits?”

“Ugh! Disgusting!” Said Gily.

“Then what?”

“Just a pair of assholes who love to bicker and bitch about everything that annoys us!” We said in unison.

“You?” Asked gily.

“What?” Asked the barmaid with great curiosity and confidence to Gily’s question.

“Married with someone?” Asked Gily.

“No.”

“Couple?” I asked.

“No.”

“That disgusting thing you asked earlier?” Asked Gily.

“Hehehehe, we share the same mindset, dear. Just an elder sister trying to raise her two siblings the best way she can.” Said the barmaid with great honesty.

“Where are your parents? If it is something personal, please ignore my question.”

“I appreciate your consideration on the issue, but let’s say that our parents are out of the equation, permanently!”

“I understand…”

“Now, now! Don’t need to feel bad about it, uhm…?”

“Gilda, and this is Nitpick, my friend.”

“I still believe that you look like something more than friends. Not trying to annoy you with the subject, mind you.”

“Well...” I finally said “We are something like a family of sorts. Since we began our friendship last year, we have taken care of each other. Recently, we had a problem with a professional athlete that tried to defame us.”

“Oh, really!? Care to share the tale? Today’s business was heavy in the afternoon but right now in the evening is really solitary, as you can see.”

It's true, nobody was here.

“Sure! But only if you give us what we asked for! Don’t worry, we’ll pay!”

“Are you old enough to drink, sweethearts? I can’t sell alcohol just like that to minors! Not good for the business!”

“We are months away to turn eighteen…” I said. “Does that help?”

“I’m saddened to say that no…but I kinda started to like both of you.” The barmaid said while starting to clean some glasses “Tell you what, I know some recipes that taste as great as the real deal, if you are interested! It’ll be seventy dollars for both glasses if you want the special Mocktail.”

“I want a Palomita ‘sob’!”

“Don’t worry, Gily! You are less than two months away to being considered an adult! I’ll come with you to drink alcohol so you can brag about it while I just drink milk!”

“Deal! We accept your offer, uhm…”

“My name is Adagio Dazzle, my patrons! It's a pleasure being at your service.”

“Your name sounds like one, big Pop star… And you look like one.” Said Gily with a bit of praising tone.

“My, thank you! My sisters and I were singers once…but.”

“That fellow Rarity ruined you, right? That expression you made earlier told me everything. She seems like a good girl but she is extremely exaggerated in her antics! She is simply…”

“Annoying.” Adagio finished my sentence.

“Yes!”

“For what Nit has told me of her, she sounds kinda like a drama bitch.”

“Hehehehe, we truly are going to get along just fine!”

She served us our drinks… For seventy bucks, the glasses were a little small. Gily and I saw each other in agreement that if this is not good, we’ll never come back. And now, the moment of truth! As we slowly drank a portion of our beverages, we only thought of one thing!

“This tastes fucking amazing!” We said in unison with one-hundred percent approval.

“I knew you would like it!” Said Adagio with well-deserved, prideful tone. “So, may I hear that story now?”

“Of course!” I said as we happy paid in advance for our drinks “Well, where do I start?”

“I can help with that, Nit! I overheard in my school that this fellow Wind Rider was a professional trainer who would give ‘free lessons’ to young athletes from various schools.”

“And I suppose that those ‘free lessons’ had some sort of a catch!”

“Yeah. We needed to obey every single thing he said in our training! I normally listen when something is good when it comes to training methods, but that bastard just wanted to fulfill some kind of ego to prove he was the best and just enforced what he thought was ideal!”

“The bastard even rigged the treadmills we were using during our training days and wanted us to pay for it just because we didn’t listen to him!”

“So what happened?” Said Adagio as she payed attention with a cocky but pleasant smile.

“That night, I was pissed off and I was thinking of many ways to prove that we weren’t guilty but nothing came to my mind! I was desperate, but next day came my chance to right the wrongs! I really needed to go to the bathroom when I arrived but they were closed because some kind of maintenance, but a staff member was kind enough that he let me use the private bathrooms! When I finished my business, most of the gym was empty, except for a select group of people!”

“The ‘Chosen Ones’, I presume.”

“Yeah, and…well, I have the video so you can take a look to what happened.”

I gave her my phone with the video open and she watched it to the end while doing some chuckles of approval After the video finished, she gave it back to me.

“It seems that those two girls had a really bad time!”

“Yeah, but I ended up saving them.”

“Why?” She asked curious.

“Because I needed to save both of our asses by blackmailing the blackmailer! Those two were kind like a plus to my just devised, desperate plan.”

“I call it quick and reasonable thinking, my patron! So, what did you do to blackmail this guy to save your lives?”

“As I said, I was desperate and somewhat scared because I didn’t know if my plan was going to work, but those who don’t take risk when they must take them could end up losing everything!”

“I agree with that! My sisters and I made a risky gamble… and we lost horribly, but we still keep going on. What would you do if you had failed in what are you about to tell me!?”

“Pay the price… but keep moving, as you said!”

“Same here… Although I would be pissed off immensely!”

“I understand completely, my patrons…so, what did you do?”

“I sneaked my way to the terraces where I could film what you saw with the best clarity possible and once they finished their exchange, I sent the video to my trusted friends in case I failed the gamble!”

“But what gamble was there if you had sealed your victory by doing that? You just had to wait for the file to be sent and just ‘talk your way’ with him later”

“I couldn’t wait! Because when I heard what he was going to do to us… I just wanted to crush him in front of the people who idolized him! I mean, I don’t care about winning really, unless is extremely important or something I really want to do! And in that moment, when he wanted to screw Gily and me for whatever reason he could think of, I considered him a competition, someone I needed to destroy!”

“Now I truly need to know what you were thinking in that mind of yours!” Said Adagio with an exhilarated tone.

“What I thought… The thought of making him suffer a painful humiliation was worth the risk of not waiting for the file to be completely sent! A lot of people say that all of us are the same and everyone has the same opportunities to be someone in life. I absolutely agree, that is true…but what’s so wrong with a little competition to see who can prevail in the end? There are simply some people who can shine brighter than others and in this case, I eclipsed him completely!”

“I like your attitude!” Said Adagio with a praiseful tone.

“I wish I had being there to see your obnoxious ways to get what you wanted, Nit! Instead I just ran with the slowpokes… boring!”

“Why? I just said that he was just blackmailing one of the best athletes of Crystal Prep and the professional community would not approve his methods, and I just asked him if he believed in his skills would save him against the odds, and he just simply gave up. You didn’t miss anything special.”

“Now you are acting cocky, my patron!”

“Don’t I deserve it?”

“In my books… Of course!”

“Good to hear that! Now, Cheers, Gily! For justice being made!”

“Cheers! For another one hundred years of friendship, Nit!”

And we exchanged our drinks and drank another portion of our Mocktails!

“I hope you are enjoying the drinks!”

“And we hope you liked our story!”

“It seems all of us are pleased!”

“Yeah! ...Say.” Said Gily “You look so young to be a barmaid! I heard the owners of this place are three beautiful gals so I am curious to ask if you are one of those owners?”

“I’m starting to like you, really! My sisters share this place with me. We have other female workers with us, but they are only needed in the day shift. In the evening, all family bars are low in business!”

“Sounds you have good business if you have this kind of quality here!”

“I’m more curious to know how you ended up as the owner of this place. Gily’s pals said that you are new in this business but you seem to be well experienced! Like look at this place! It’s simple amazing!”

“Let’s say that I have one thousand years of experience in dealing with people!”

“Care to tell us how you and your sisters ended up here?”

“Well… it’s a long story! And I’ll omit some parts of our lives if you don’t mind!”

“Absolutely not! Your privacy is a big issue with us! Don’t want to tell us something private? Then you definitely won’t tell us because you say so!” I said with understanding of what she asked of us.

“Agreed! I share the same belief as him!” Said Gily supporting my speech.

“Excellent! I shall tell you my story!”

Author's Note:

Chapter rewrote on 01/09/2016

New fanart added on 31/10/2016. Well, artistically, the old one below looks better, but I felt I needed to redo it and I like the new one a little bit better. And I will in the future a better fanart yet of Adagio.

PreviousChapters Next