• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 76 - Your Friendship doesn't make sense!

This was not the first time I ever felt like an outcast before. No. What should I think about this? The things I was experiencing, hearing, and feeling in my life are… unreal. There they were, in front of me. They existed, in front of me. Their chuckles were rough, yet sweet. Their jokes were mean, yet pleasant.

Their faces had this kind of obnoxious but pure air that radiated companionship. But after hearing their point of views of their past experiences, I found myself confused by their bonds. They were mean and rude to each other for no reason. They nearly tried to hurt each other.

Then why they…?

“HAHAHAHAHA! And do you remember when Oak tried to make tea using a coffee machine?”

“Oh Goodness! For the Gods that watch over me, I swear that the instructions said that it was possible, my formidable friend!”

“You should consider not using one of those again! Poor Bittersweet nearly died from tea poisoning!”

“Poison is the crap that Blueblood does every day with his presence, Sugarcoat! Fucking dryer machines aren’t even safe from his destructive hands!”

“Those were defective machinery! The new ones are working better than ever, aren’t they?”

“Yeah.” Sugarcoat closed her eyes, then she opened the one facing him. “They’re even better than the purchaser himself!”

“HEY! I’m useful to society! And at least I’m not an egocentric brat who enjoys bossing around half of the school!”

“Half of the school?” Gilda thundered her fist on the table. “The bitch will become Cinch’s successor!”

“What did you say, you stupid ape!?”

“Come on, Sugarcoat! Think about it!” Nitpick said. “You shall become her favorite student. Then when you come to an age, you will stab her, usurp the throne, cut your hair, and… No… Forget it! Your hair is far more worthy than ruling Crystal Prep.”

“Your long-hair fetish doesn’t cease to amaze me. You should consider consulting my mom and get rid of that obsession.”

“It’s not an obsession! Its pure love! Long hair is love! Long hair is justice!”

“Then I’m glad I have a short kind of cut, Nit! I don’t want a pervert looking at my hair like a weirdo looking at bras on a store!”

“Oh! I would see other things beside your hair. Your killer, smooth neck could be a start!”

“Pervert.” Sugarcoat said.

“Asshole!” Gilda said.

“So uncivilized!” Blueblood commented.

“You are such a dog!” Reem exclaimed.

“You really haven’t changed that much in the ‘Admiring women’ department, Bro!” Lightbulb added.

“Shh! I admire beauty in all aspects and forms!” He said prideful with his fist closed. “There are no creatures far more noble, magnificent, and closer to angels than women! I am a poet who praises them with flowers and songs that are never sent! In the eternity beyond death, I will-!”

“Shut the fuck up, Bittersweet!” Sugarcoat covered her ears. “Your crappy poems are insufferable! Cursed be the day that Reem made you like this!”

“It is one of my greatest failures, my intellectual friend! He simply must be put to sleep!”

“Hah! Crappy critics with an uncultured level of philosophy could never understand such art that is exhaled from my mouth! Also, I’m not a dog, Reem!”

“I kinda like it, even if you sound like a… uh, weird!”

Twelve pair of eyes looked at me with surprise. What did I just say?

“Ah… Sparkle. We honestly forgot that you were here. I apologize.” Sugarcoat said with sincerity.

How could you not see me if I was besides Nitty the whole time!!?

“Well… I was here from the beginning! Hearing your, uh, fascinating stories! Hahahaha…uh.”

“Remember when I said that you were starting to look more competent than before just a few hours ago?”

“Yes, Sugarcoat! I remember!”

“I take that back. You are still really bad at this.”

“Hummm…”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

She once again looked at me unimpressed. “So what do you think?”

“Of what?”

She rubbed her temples with newfound stress. “That we five, a bunch of dysfunctional strangers, were able to become the group of friends we are today.”

“I would not call it a group of dysfunctional people, my intellectual friend. But more like a group of filthy scum trying to fit in society.”

“Oakwood, please don’t speak for the rest of the dinner.”

“Whatever you mean, my intellectual friend! Is not talking the purpose of having dinner together?”

Gilda chuckled. “I thought it was to pig out and burp at the end of it!”

“Such a disgusting mental image, Gilda!”

“Nobody asked for your opinion, your royal pain!”

“You…” I mumbled.

“I’m only instilling in you the proper etiquette so you can behave in the upper world one day!”

“Next time I need your opinion, I will consider throwing myself from the bridge!”

“…don’t…”

“You should do it now, Sugarcoat! Remember that you only live long enough to become the villain!”

“Shut your mouth, you stupid poet scum!”

“…make sense!”

“Uh? Did you say something, Twilight?”

“Your friendships, Nitpick...”

“What about them?”

“They don’t make sense!”

Did I -? Cheeseburger!

“Excuse me?” Blueblood meticulously drank from his glass. “Can you offer a more detailed input on that to us?”

“Yes, Sparkle. I’m very intrigued to know your true opinion about it!”

“Well, I, you see… I don’t know where to begin!”

“Perhaps you just need to calm down a little, my dear patron!”

Adagio and two girls were walking toward us with another jar of lemonade and several ingredients sliced spectacularly on two plates. “Aria, if you please!” She refilled our glasses with grace, but she did something different with mine. Not only did she put more cold ice on my glass, she also put a little slice of lemon on the rim. “Sonata!” She added some slices of cucumber and a little portion of basil to the mix, making the liquid turn yellowish green. The leader put as a final touch some leafs of lemongrass as well.

“Cucumber-Basil Lemonade with Lemongrass it’s the name! It’s the first time we make one so your sincere opinion is more than welcome!” I took a sip of the beverage… and I couldn’t stop drinking it. I believe that gave away my answer as she kindly prepared a second round for me. “Better?”

“Yes, Adagio! Thank you!”

“You are welcome! Also, it’s on the house!” She winked at me playfully. I felt tidy and cozy inside. “So, are you prepared to give them a good answer now? Don’t be shy! My sisters and I are intrigued to hear you out as well!” She reached my hand. “The world is yours if you want it hard enough!”

“The world is mine? What do you mean?”

“You hear me out, didn’t you?” She said with… a seductive voice. I could feel her eyes trying to blind me, shining with a glimmering green light. “Now! Tell us!” Little by little, she walked backward.

“Tell us!” Sonata said with profound intensity while joining her. The same fire from Adagio was on her eyes.

“Tell us!” Aria’s eyes ignited like a burning emerald while joining her sisters.

And then… they sang!

‘Sometimes deep inside

A lie is chained in pride

Sometimes deep inside

A dream lies in bind

But you, fearful of being outcasted

Shut down, in fear of being rejected!

If that’s the case, then let me tell you a secret, Sweetheart! (Adagio said enchanting)

You must let it go, let it go!

Let it go! (Aria & Sonata)

Those that impair your power!

Don't let them enchain your fire!

And you must strive, and fly away!

Fly away! (Aria & Sonata)

So you, can shine with greater Might!

SHINE WITH MIGHT! (Aria & Sonata)

Forget all your phobias!

Forget all your weakness!

Strive for success!

Strive for your passions!

Don’t be defeated!

Don’t be maltreated!

You have the great power!

You have the great Magic!

And never be stomped, by anyone!

By anyone! (Aria & Sonata)

So one day, you’ll become a rising star!

A rising star! (Aria & Sonata)

And no one will stop you, Sweetheart!’

The song ended, and everyone gave theirs cheers and ovations. Strangely, without explanation, I felt sad for them. When they were singing, the glitter of assertiveness, the blinding energy, and their passion of the letters were intense, but incomplete. I couldn’t put it into words. I just felt that their incredible show was just a shadow of something I will never experience. The memories were there, but it was like they knew that whatever was missing will never come back.

Even so…

“You really weren’t kidding when you said you were singers!” Gilda said while giving a thumb-up.

“Incredible! Pop music isn’t my thing but I humble myself to you!” Blueblood made a reverence of approval.

“Thank you! Thank you so much! We really appreciate such kindness!”

“I feel… powerful all of the sudden!” I said.

“Oh!?” Adagio closed the distance to me. “Really?” She gave me a secure smile.

“Yes! But… compared to you… I don’t think I could ever shine that bright!”

She laughed powerfully with a pinch of irony. “Twilight Sparkle! Princess Twilight’s cousin! Your humbleness is not of this world! I almost feel that you are as good as she is, but… in a better way!”

“…Really!?”

“Of course you are! You just need to… let go your inner turmoil!”

“How?”

“Well, you were asked for your opinion! Give them what they want with no fear or remorse! Be courageous! Be powerful! Have a taste of expressing yourself in public! If you never cross the line, you will never know your limits! In this case, your social standing! Tell them!”

“Tell them!” Aria and Sonata cheered.

“Yes… I can do it!” I could feel great strength running through my shaking hands. “I will do it!”

“Well… what were we talking about?” Reem asked.

“Your friendship doesn’t make sense!”

“Oh, yes. Why?”

“Sugarcoat and Reem! Why did you allow yourselves to be thrown into the trash bin like that? Why didn’t you tell Principal Cinch or Dean Cadence about it? You could just have told them that they were causing trouble and they would have solved things completely! Prince Blueblood! Why did you duel them inside the school like that? I believe that was illegal and it made no sense! You could have hurt them or something far worst! And you, Gilda and Nitpick! Why did you get involved intro a street fight like that instead of running away? What if the police came and imprisoned you for the vandalism you committed? It was dangerous and silly! And more importantly, how did you ended up becoming friends if you were complete meanies with one another!? It doesn’t make any SENSE! Friendship is born from honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, and loyalty! Yours was born from an all-out war!”

“Sparkle…” Sugarcoat was giving me her unfriendly gaze.

“No, wait! I’m not finished! The maze that Reem created was MADNESS! I would be angry if I was bullied like that but imprison them inside a dungeon that could cause them any kind of traumas was horrible! You should have called the police!”

“Sparkle.” Her eyes diluted little by little… scary.

“…uh, sorry! I didn’t mean-”

“THAT!” Sugarcoat violently grabbed me from my shirt. “THAT IS WHAT I HATE THE MOST OF YOU! Your stupid and half-assed lack of spine! You always start something in particular, and minutes later, you cower like a stray dog and shut yourself down inside that silly lab you did in the basement of the school!”

“I-!”

“Sugarcoat, please release her.” Nitpick put his hands on hers.

“As you wish, my brother.” She didn’t take away her sight from me. “Even so, let me finish!” He sighed and nodded his head. “Sparkle. Tell us, if you will, how did you truly befriend those girls? You were never the people-person.”

“Well… you already know half of it! The magic in the school-!”

“Ah, yes! Magic!” She made a quotation with her fingers in mockery. “The almighty Friendship Power that CHS used against us to reac a tie and decimate evil, crazed awkward girls! We have dismissed that claim with the documental that WE -!” She pointed to Gilda, Blueblood and Reem. “Created!”

“But- !”

“I’m sorry, Twilight! You have to admit that she makes a good point! If any kind of cheating happened the games, CHS should have at least made a proper third, final competition!”

“But Nitpick! It’s true! The magic - !” I felt a scratching on my legs. I looked below the table and Spike was urging me with his eyes to not speak another word. It’s true! Magic is not supposed to exist! “Perhaps… you are right, Nitty.”
My old role model sighed heavily. “Sparkle, please explain to us what happened then. If you tell us the truth, and said truth has a good reason to exist, I will no longer harass you. I promise.”

“…!”

The world is mine. It’s what Adagio said. It could be dangerous… but If I managed to convince them that what happened was an accident by telling the truth, then I could clean CHS name and end this senseless conflict.

AH! I could even impress Sunset Shimmer!

Not wasting any more time, I started from the beginning! I gave the overly-simplified summary of my device, how it worked, what happened in the school, the girls, the magic, the competition, Cinch’s abuse, the world on the brink of destruction… I omitted Spike since no one remembers his part and that’s for the best, and how someone I didn’t expect came into my world and made the stars align.

“And that’s what really happened! Any questions?” My best smile was drawn in my face.

“Yes. How does that make any sense to you?” Reem drank some lemonade.

“My current friends saved me, giving me a chance to become a better person!”

“Yes, Miss Twilight Sparkle, I understand… But how different your past actions are to mine? I dare to say that yours are far worse than me, to be honest!”

“What do you mean?”

“Sparkle, let’s pretend that Magic exist! Let’s pretend that the world was on the verge of interdimensional destruction! Let’s pretend that Sunset Shimmer really guide you to a path of light! How you justify your actions when you were the real culprit the whole time?”

“I didn’t mean to get that far! I was corrupted by the uncontrolled magic!”

“Corrupted by the magic? Or perhaps… your inner demons surfaced and showed your real, dark desires with such power!?”

“I don’t have dark desires!”

“Liar! You didn’t want friends in the beginning! Nor recognition or receive praises from your brother and Dean Cadence! You wanted power for yourself!”

“I didn’t want any power! I just wanted to understand everything!”

“Knowledge is a kind of power, Sparkle! You are a scientist! You crave for the unknown, the mysterious, and the discovery that goes beyond the boundaries of mortal comprehension! But you, you actually crossed the line when you ‘obeyed’ us to use the magic! In the end, you wanted to use it! You desired to unleash it! And that’s why you transformed into a fallen angel! Deep inside, you cared not for anybody around you, not even Dean Cadence that was a few steps from you! You wanted to test it by yourself, knowing full well that it could have been dangerous! Cinch asked of you to use it… but who opened Pandora’s Box in the end? You didn’t hesitate in the last moment! You even enjoyed it when you were consumed by that magic… or perhaps… it was you that consumed the magic to unleash your true self!”

“That’s not true! You lie! You lie! YOU LIE! ‘Sniff’ I didn’t want to use it! Not for that! ‘Sniff’ You made me do it! If you didn’t win, you’ll have treated me like trash, like you always did!” Nitpick used a tissue and cleaned my tears. “Thanks…”

“You are too soft with her, Bittersweet… Anyway, let’s talk about your social standing in Crystal Prep, shall we? You say that we were ‘meanies’ to you. But do you know why we treated you like garbage all this time?”

“Because I wasn’t someone who could get along with you?”

“No. It was because you were a waste of our time!”

“Why?”

“Let’s go back to first grade on middle school for you to understand my reasons! Let’s try to project our Memory Lane on this conversation! I remember long ago that there was this genius on my classroom called Twilight Sparkle! She was so smart! So dependable and ambitious! Always craving to be the best of the best! You know what I thought of that Twilight Sparkle? That she was freaking amazing! And everyone thought that too!”

“…You are lying! You never treated me like I was amazing!”

“Really? Ok! Let’s refresh that memory a little! Remember that day when you made a toy space racing circuit using cheap plastic, some magnets, an old and damaged motherboard, some cables, and pieces of wood on our art class? It was awesome! I wanted to do it! And I even tried to get along with you because I considered you cool and someone worthy to learn from!”

It can’t be! She is lying!

“No, I take that back! Everyone considered you cool! Even the future bitch of Moondancer wanted to befriend you because you were incredible! We even called you that day ‘Space Wizard Sparkle’!”

“That was a pretty lame nickname, Sugarcoat!”

“Bittersweet, I’m surprised that you didn’t bite your tongue while saying that!”

“Yes… I remember… Space Wizard Sparkle… Moondancer even bought me juice every Monday!”

“And Indigo Zap bought you…?”

“A sandwich, yeah!”

“Why is it always a sandwich?” Gilda asked annoyed.

“What, Heavensbane? Was that your old heroine’s favorite food as well?”

“Someone wants another karate chop on the head.” She cracked her fists.

“Wait, my mighty friend! Let her finish! I’m intrigued now!”

“Yeah!” The rest said.

Sugarcoat cleared her throat. “But eventually we discovered that you simply sucked at everything else! We didn’t mind that at the beginning! Especially after the Friendship Games that preceded these when your brother, Captain Shining Armor, won in most events! We thought ‘Hey! She may be bad at most things but in the next Friendship Games she will blaze to ashes those CHS losers in science’. And we waited for you… and waited… But… you simply didn’t try to fit in! You simply didn’t try to open to us! Weeks, months, eventually years, passed and you simply didn’t care! You grew distant and I felt what it was to feel disappointed with someone! I even tried to use mean psychology to make you mad and gave me an answer, anything so you could bark back!”

“All those times that you said that I shouldn’t exist… you just wanted to talk to me?”

“Yeah!” She expressed frustrated. “Yes… but you didn’t care! You grew fearful of us, and I don’t know why!”

“You were meanies! You always tried to win everything and become greater than anyone! You weren’t nice!”

“AND WHAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH THAT!?” She mightily hit the table. “WE HAVE GOALS, SPARKLE! WE WANT TO BE THE BEST WE CAN BE! We can’t be nice with someone who doesn’t at least try to show interest in what the other people do! And you know what the last drop that made me despise you was? When Dean Cadence convinced me to do the Science Season because she said that YOU were going to lead it!”

“Dean Cadence said that? She told me that it was a combined effort of the students and that you planned everything!”

“Yes, it was! But we Champions and our Seconds were going to make what was supposed to be your idea a reality! Dean Cadence gave us the materials you needed and we did what was asked of us! And when everything was said and done! When we finished making the stands, the tickets, the presentations, the experiments, did you know what Twilight Sparkle did? Do you want me to make you remember what you did to all the effort we poured for you?” I stayed there cold, waiting to hear again my own words. “Oh, I’m sorry! The Everton Independent Study Program elections are around the corner! I can’t help you so… I… gotta go!” She was trying so hard to not strangle me.

“To be honest, Miss Sparkle, I was pretty mad at you as well! I, a member of royalty, working hard with my bare hands for petty experiments that weren’t used properly in the end? Preposterous!”

“I too was preparing those events with the Second Class, Miss Sparkle! It was a nightmare convincing our peers to shed some pocket change to the cause! You know how stingy can be the rich when asked for money in things that they are not interested in! I could have donated my own money, but the point was the school’s teamwork should be ignited once more. Since I never met you until now, I could not judge you… but I admit I was a little angry at you that day.”

“You made me work with Indigo Zap and Lighting Dust, Sparkle! And you fuck it up!”

“Not to mention that I lost my chance to meet Blark Hamill in the Reader Festa of last year because we were also working in our mock-up for our project! Damn, I heard that they sold the issues of Knight Seiyamus that I wanted at killer discounts!”

“I’m so sorry…”

“Sorry? SORRY!?”

“Sugarcoat, let go. It’s not worth it anymore.”

She breathed heavily. “You are right…”

…I didn’t know what to say.

“Ah… W-well! Girls, let’s go back and clean the kitchen!” Adagio said.

“Y-yeah!”

“Quality inside out!”

We watched them get inside the kitchen. Loud, metallic noises were made there. Probably looking for the cleaning tools.

“Sparkle… I know that I shouldn’t blame you directly about what Dean Cadence did. But it still frustrates me to no end the fact that you abandoned us all like that! The Dean trusted in you, and for whatever the reason, you ran away, and you disappointed her. We managed to make it a success, but you were the designers of those projects in the end so we had a really bad time figuring the full potential of your schematics.”

“Sorry...”

“Also… you say that we were meanies and probably you think we are individualistic. But, look at us, and try to remember one single occasion where the school was completely separated or unfriendly to one another!”

A time where the school was unfriendly to one another? That’s easy! All the time!

Except that time during middle school where I received that nickname and gifts. I remember when… what his name? Ah, Thunderbolt, I think, helped Neon Lights with some sport shows in second year. Also, Jet Set and Upper Crust were nice to each other all the time. Then there was Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare who loved skate boarding together after school. Zap and Dust loved to practice soccer together. Sunny, Zap, Sour Sweet, Zest and Sugarcoat ate together during lunch time most of the time. Also… my classmates hanging around during weekends in the Maximus Plaza and eating pizza. And my brother and his college friends like Gizmo, Gaffer, and 8-bit. Dean Cadence and…

Oh… It’s true! Indigo Zap and Lemon Zest were actually nice during Pinkie’s party! And even if she was rude sometimes, Zap always tried to make me have a kind of school spirit! Zest would always try to share her new music songs with me and Upper Crust, Jet Set and Neon Lights as well were trying…

“Sparkle. Whether the Magic was real or not isn’t important here. What truly matters is that you think you are nice. You think you are kind and passive. You think you are the victim! But the truth is that you became an introverted because you refused to grow! I believe that you are arrogant in another way, even if you are not aware of it. And if the Magic story is true, it would mean that your dog was far more important to you than the fate of the whole world because that was what made you snap.” She played with her hair. “Then, your new friends forgive you just like that? No path of redemption or anything? The Magic that Sunset threw at you did all the work in forming your bonds like a cheat code instead of working hard for it? That for me doesn’t make any sense! Your Friendship doesn’t make any sense!”

“…”

“Nevermind, tomorrow Zap and I will have some quality time and I’ll be able to relax from these four brutes and you.”

“You love us, Sugarcoat! Stop denying your unrequited love to us anymore!” Nitpick said cynically while smiling. Sugarcoat gave to her friends… the middle finger.

My image of a dignified Role Model is slowly crumbling away.

“So that means that you are you going with Rainbow Dash and Zap to the soccer practice of tomorrow?”

“What does that arrogant brat has to do with all of this? Zap and I are going to the Maximus Plaza to have breakfast together! Last Sunday she couldn’t assist because she had a meeting with some soccer trainers that Dust got contact with!”

“But last week she was at the birthday party of Pinkie Pie!”

Everyone looked at me in shock. Sugarcoat was almost breaking her glass. Gilda gently removed the glass from her with a scared face.

“What… did you say?”

“Y-you didn’t know? Zap, Zest, Upper Crust, Jet Set and Neon Lights were there as well!”

“So, Zap gave you the middle finger as well!” Nitpick said.

“This means nothing! It could have been someone else!”

“First stage: Denial!”

“SHUT UP, OAKWOOD!”

“Anger.”

“I swear to Moonlight…!” She scratched her head. “Can someone please prove that this is false?”

“Bargaining.”

“Shut the hell up, Oakwood!”

“Here! I have Pinkie Pie in MyStable. Let’s see if there are any photos and… well…”

“Lightbulb, I am aware that we are not friends but… could you please lend me your phone?” She asked politely.

“Sure, Sugarcoat… here.”

“Thank you so much.” She only did a quick glimpse on the photos and returned the phone to his owner. She looked angry and sad. “I wasted… my time last week then.”

“Depression.”

“I’ll strangle your porcelain neck, Oakwood!”

“You see, Sugarcoat? Zap is a liar when her agenda isn’t going as she wants! Just like she screwed with me!”

“I told you that Zap didn’t make your bitter fight with Sour Sweet possible!”

“Sour Sweet may be a double-faced brat but everything was fine between us until Zap sabotaged our relationship!”
RELATIONSHIP!?!

“Zap didn’t do it, Bittersweet! But… but why did she lie to me about Pie’s party? It was our weekly reunion and stuff!”

“Because she is Dust’s cousin?” Nitty tapped the table.

“Because she is an annoying bastard?” Gilda followed his action.

“Because she is a nice person and wants to befriend nice people?” I said.

“Shut up, Sparkle.”

“Ok.”

“I had the feeling that we grew distant these past few weeks… but this? She knows how hard is for me to make a space in my schedule!”

“Ditch that brat already, Sugarcoat! You have me!” Gilda winked at her.

“I hate you.”

“But I love everything about you… especially your a-!”

“As I was saying, Sugarcoat, Zap is a hypocrite.”

“We shall see about that.”

“Pardon me, but you will not reach acceptance today?”

“I hate you too, Oakwood.”

“Tee hee hee! I exist to serve!”

“Sister, sometimes I think you want to see the world burn!”

“You can cook some marshmallows in a burning world!”

“Sugarcoat, I’m sure Indigo Zap had a good reason for all of this!”

“Sparkle, you… Adagio! Please give us the check! We must go!”

The Royal Siblings paid the food as they promised and everyone went their separate way. My old role model was emanating an aura of intense hostility. Gilda offered a little slumber party in her house, just the two of them, and she accepted. The royals took their limousine and went home. Nitpick offered to escort me back home. It was dark so I ended up accepting his offer. We were quiet on our way to my house.

The bus even arrived faster than I thought. The lack of traffic definitely helped a lot. He told me that I shouldn’t worry about what happened today. That what was done was done and that I should keep fighting for my happiness. Even with the relaxing shower I took, the things I learned today were echoing in my head.

Echoes in my mind were calling my name.

“What’s wrong, Twilight? We should sleep now! I’m really tired! It was a long day after all!”

“I was just thinking, Spike!”

“About what?”

“About everything that they said.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it! It’s like Nitpick said! What’s done is done! Besides, Sugarcoat could be lying! They were meanies, all of them! Also, you are in a better place now! You have a better school, a nice Principal and Vice-Principal, and kind people surrounding! And the best of all, you have Sunset, Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow, and even a Real Princess from another world as friends of yours! You yourself are your best friend! Or that was what you told me long ago!”

“…The Princess of Friendship, huh?” Something scorched deep inside. “Yeah… you’re right, my Number One Assistant! But what if they are right about me? And what about Sugarcoat and Zap’s relationship? I hope they don’t get into a fight?”

“I don’t think they will fight with each other if they are real friends.”

“But… I worry about them.”

“Also...” Spike reluctant for a minute. After mustering his words, he said; “I think you shouldn’t have told them the whole story.”

“I know! But I wanted to make Sunset proud! Zap and the others believe in it! What harm is there for them to embrace it as well?”

“For starters, you didn’t keep your promise with Sunset in not saying a word!”

“The promise? OH CHEESEBURGER!” I hugged my pillow with my head. “What I have done?”

“We should see the good side! They didn’t believe you so in a way everything is fine! Also –“ He yawned. “We should sleep for now. Tomorrow there is so much to do for Rainbow and the others.”

“It’s true…”

Spike didn’t say another word. He got comfortable in my arms and dwelled deep into sleep. I looked at the roof window for a moment. The stars were faintly shining on the sky. Even if a city like Crystal State was overwhelmed by artificial illumination, the astral figures were visible most of the time.

“It’s just too bright outside. That’s all.”

I joined my friend in the slumber of dreams.

Author's Note:

The song in this chapter... The people that write the songs of the show just make it look so easy. Not to mention that I am still terrible in drawing dogs.

PreviousChapters Next