• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,032 Views, 264 Comments

The normal life of Nitpick Bittersweet - Ryusun



Meet Nitpick Bittersweet, a painfully average guy who transfered to CHS in his second year of High School. There he will learn the values of life with other people and how to be someone more likable. This is his story.

  • ...
31
 264
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 54- I'm not Princess Twilight! Part 2

The Bowling Center of Ponyville was soon to be the stage for youth. The lanes that leaded to ten pins on each of them were polished to the point of being able to partially reflect any silhouette who stepped near it. Relatively spacious, friendly and designed to partake in many challenges between friends, this was the perfect place to have a hang-out. Also, it was the ideal place to show to the girl of your dreams how cool you are. That was Flash Sentry’s belief.

“Are you sure this is a good idea, dude?” A fashionable guy with great glasses asked.

“Ringo, how many times I have made a wrong decision?”

“At least once every single day, man!” A fit guy said.

“Brawly Beats!”

“Dude, calm down! We are just teasing you! Everything is going to be fine!”

“Yeah, man! Relax! Twilight will be your girl before you know it!”

“I hope so, guys! I’m somewhat nervous…”

“I don’t think this is a good idea, Flash!” The fourth member of Flash’s friends said.

“Why not, Thunderbass?” Flash asked curiously.

“Well… no offense but… isn’t she Princess Twilight’s cousin?”

“Yeah and?”

“Dude! You’re replacing your previous crush with someone who resembles her! That’s bad vibe to her!”

“I already told you that I have to move on! Princess Twilight… she is beyond my reach. Besides, Twilight is a great girl! Also, she is more, uh, pure! Once she is my girl, I’ll show her the world and make her shine as she is destined to be!”

“That’s the spirit, Flash!” Ringo approved.

“Maybe we can compose a romantic song to sweeten the deal!” Brawly Beats suggested.

“I still think this is a bad idea!” Thunderbass remarked.

“Everything will be fine! Trust me!” Flash reassured him.

“If you say so… just don’t cry on me when you screw things up!”

“Me? The king of cool in CHS screwing things up? Never!” Flash said confident.

“So what’s the plan?”

“Easy! We’ll make a competition! The losing teams must pay the dinner for the winning team! We’ll lose on purpose and Twilight will see that we are good losers as well.” Flash proudly said

“I don’t want my image to be ruined like that!”

“Must you always be like that, Thunderbass? Besides, guys that know how to be a winner and a loser are always admired by the girls!”

“That makes sense!” Ringo agreed.

“Yeah! By showing to the girl that you can accept defeat, you’ll score good points on her!”

“And what if the girls really don’t know how to play bowling and we end up winning?” Thunderbass asked. “Girls paying to us would be not cool!”

“Chill out! We’ll say that it was a joke competition to fire things up and we’ll end up paying dinner to them anyway!”

“Oohhhhh!” His friends said in unison.

“You have everything planned, Flash!”

“Of course, Thunderbass! I never disappoint to the love of my life! Nitpick’s friends are also coming, and I plan to help him out as well! Oh, look! Here they come!”

It was 4:00 pm in a majestic Saturday and both groups guided by Sunset Shimmer and Nitpick Bittersweet respectively found themselves greeting to each other inside the Bowling Center.

“Sunset.”

“Nitpick”

“Dash.”

“Gilda.”

You could feel the desire to win in the air between those four. The guys suddenly felt a bad feeling about that.

“Hi Sugarcoat! Been forever since I saw you last time during the games! It’s fancy meeting you here!”

“Evening, Applejack. I’m also surprised, to be honest.”

Applejack offered a friendly hand-shake. Sugarcoat normally doesn’t reply to that kind of customs outside her social circles but she did the exception this once.

“Hello, Lightbulb! Where is Dancer?”

“Hi, Fluttershy. She is working in her part-time job. She wanted to come but you know how things are.”

“I know. I was this bit close of not coming here but Chief Hugger had everything under control.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Where is Pinkie and Rarity?”

“They couldn’t come because they already had plans. Rarity had an emergency visit from Sapphire Shores and Pinkie is babysitting the Cake babies. ”

“Bummer, but oh well. Let’s go and take our seats.”

Lightbulb offered Fluttershy to walk first and she thanked him for that, both of them walking towards Flash’s group with a relaxed demeanor. Nitpick did the same to the girls, saying that ladies should come in first. Part of the groups was gloomy while joining the rest of their respective friends beside each other. The last in the row was Sunset. After looking briefly to each other’s eyes, she made a hand gesture, giving the message that they both should walk at the same time.

Flash explained that he managed to get a steal of a deal in the Bowling Center. Since they were more than ten, a special 25% discount would be applied as a group, making it really accessible to everyone. This was bliss for Nitpick, considering that in the morning he received his monthly economic resources to pay his expenses. His stingy parents gave him an extra seventy dollars and that put him at ease.

Once payment was done, all received their special shoes with the exception of Sugarcoat who brought hers in her bag. They couldn’t start to play, though. There was one girl missing in the equation, and after ten minutes of waiting, she arrived with a bag containing a pair of shoes as well, her faithful dog at her side.

Twilight Sparkle was the motive that mostly everyone was there for. One group consisted of helping their friend to achieve love, other came to help her grow and the last was there to protect her of any harm.

“Good evening, everyone!”

“Good evening, Twilight!” Nine of the twelve youngsters said in unison.

She quickly ran straight to the group and was greeting all of them individually. Until…

“Hi, my name is Twilight Sparkle, and you are?”

“Thunderbass.”

He only extended his hand and that made Flash a little nervous.

“My friend is the shy type, Twilight! Riiiiight, buddy? Just shake his hand!”

She was happy to oblige, thinking gladly that she wasn’t the only one nervous about this. Thunderbass gave his friends the mean look after that, telling him with his glare that this was indeed the Princess’s clone. Flash responded with a calm sight, saying that he shouldn’t worry.

“Hi, Gilda… it’s been a while!”

“Sparkle.”

No hand offering and no friendly greeting. Only a neutral stare against Rainbow was drawn in Gilda’s face. Thinking that it would best to move along, she soon regretted that decision.

“Sugarcoat?”

“Doormat, it’s been a while.”

The world shrank and took the form of Sugarcoat for the eyes of Twilight Sparkle. She was always afraid of the people of Crystal Prep. There was a time where all that school didn’t mind her, or in the worst of cases, made fun of her on her back. The video where she was having a small choking thanks to the cheese getting stuck on her throat was a source of insult for her, a great source of jokes and ill-words from the school.

But none of them gave her more fright to Twilight Sparkle than Sugarcoat, the second best student of Crystal Prep Academy. Always calm, always with a serious expression, the only times where she smiled was when she was crushing someone during the challenges from other high schools. They always lost, and Sugarcoat was at the head of the assault. She met her during middle school of Crystal Prep, and in all those years together, Sugarcoat always said ‘You should consider’ when she was about to suggest something to someone.

And Twilight was always suggested to not exist.

“Princess?” A man’s voice called her.

“Sugarcube?” Another voice was heard.

“Sparkle!” Sugarcoat spoke in front of her.

“Ah, what! Where? Uh!”

“You seem as quiet as always. You should consider taking some self-esteem classes. Here, this center has excellent instructors for that.” She remarked while giving her a little, high-quality card with a smiling cookie stamped in it. She soon gave a 180° turn and walked straight to her designated table, her hands on her back in an elegant fashion.

All of the present were left speechless for a few moments. Twilight was baffled by that unexpected, somewhat friendly comment. Flash Sentry clapped his hands to grab their attention and instruct them to take their seats. He explained the simple rules: the team who had the highest score wins, and the prize would be a free meal from the losing teams. They needed to register a name for them to compete. Sunset’s group took the name of the Rainbooms, Nitpick’s team named themselves the T.U.O. and Flash’s team used their band name, Passion Lover.

There were three groups of four in total. But there was one girl left. Twilight Sparkle needed to choose a group. Who will she chose? That was the question that three individuals were asking themselves. Flash hoped he was the lucky one. He was fantasizing that he would teach Twilight how to bowl, how to score, and whether she wins or not, the most important thing was for her to have fun. Perhaps a little date in a small restaurant would be nice. Of course, it would be the two of them only.

Nitpick and Sunset shared the same idea but with different outcomes. They wanted for her friend to have a blast and teach her how to bowl. There was a catch, though. During the progress of the match, both of them would strengthen their bond with her. With that, they’ll slowly make her walk to the path they consider it was the best for her.

For Twilight, this was a hard choice. By hierarchy, she should have chosen Sunset’s group immediately. Most of her first friends were there after all. But, there was also Nitpick, who in one way or another always supported her. Also, Flash Sentry wasn’t as bad as she thought he was, making her feel doubtful about his position in her feelings.

Then the clerk made a suggestion.

“I see you have an extra player. Why don’t the leaders of each group change turns with her? Flash, you told me that she doesn’t know how to play bowling so the more turns she has, the quicker she will learn the ropes.”

“Wouldn’t that affect our overall scores?” Sugarcoat quickly spoke.

“No if you chose to ignore her performance… but wouldn’t that make things more interesting? Having a wild card always spice things up!”

“Who is in favor of the notion?” Flash asked. “I for one think this is a good idea! After all, more than a competition, we are here to have fun.”

“I don’t mind Twilight switching for me during some of my turns.” Sunset said with rainbows in her eyes. “I think having our friend playing with us is more important than winning.”

“But Sunset!”

More important than winning, Rainbow Dash! What do you think of this, Nitpick?”

“She is challenging you, Nit.” Gilda whispered, quickly noticing her fighting spirit.

“Then I’ll take her challenge!” He replied in whisper. “All right! Sounds good!”

The three leaders thought the same. No matter the outcome, Twilight will win in the end.

“Excellent!” Said the clerk while clapping his hands. “Choose your turns for each member of your teams and remember! You are here to have fun above everything else.”

‘Right’ was the only thing that was thought in the head of four, hot-blooded people.

Bowling costumes were bestowed to all players for free. It seems that a gifted fashionista couldn’t resist the urge to create new costumes and sent them to the Bowling Center beforehand. Even if she wasn’t there, Nitpick couldn’t escape the nightmare of his fashion tormentor. Surprising was also the fact that she was able to predict the sizes of most of the players. Whether that could be a reason to be more scared of her or a useful source of praising in the future, that was a topic for another day. At least the colors were of his liking. Shoes, pants and shirts were worn, marking the moment that everyone was waiting for: it’s Bowling Time!

“Welcome to the mini Bowling Championship competition of Twenty-Fifteen in Ponyville’s Bowling Center!” The clerk of the store spoke through the megaphone. “My name is Steven Magnet and today we have a fabulous, special event! A group of friends will pit themselves for supremacy in this lovely day! Who will win the gold and take home Eternal Glory? Find out now!”

“Championship competition? What’s the meaning of this, Flash?” Sunset asked.

“Well… to receive the special discount, I said that we would compete against each other in an aggressive manner!”

“You fool!” Nitpick spoke.

“Are you insane?” Sunset asked.

“Don’t worry! Everything is going to be fine!”

“Are you ready to start competing!?” Magnet enthusiastically said.

A small audience was gathered to watch the show. People were buying snacks and waiting for the competitors to start the little warfare that was promised to them. Resigning that there wasn’t other choice, they assumed their gaming positions.

“It begins! Let’s get to it! It seems that the leaders of each team gave a step forward, enforcing their right to shot first. The charismatic Flash Sentry, the vibrant Sunset Shimmer and the guy who clearly needs a change of hair style, Nitpick Bittersweet-!”

“HEY!”

Magnet didn’t hear him. “-are preparing their positions and OH MY GOODNESS! They didn’t lose any time and fired the opening shot!”

The balls quickly traveled through the forty feet lanes and by overwhelming power and individual technique, thirty pins were stroke down at the same time.

“IT’S A TRIPLE STRIKE, EVERYONE!”

The people were suddenly excited by that first action-packed start and the trio acted a little cocky by that, making a first good impression was always a satisfactory feeling. The next trio stood up and switched with their partners, not before receiving words of encouragement.

“It’s all yours, Ringo!”

“You can do it, Fluttershy!”

“Go for it, Lightbulb.”

“It seems that the next teammates have lots to live for after their predecessor’s display of skills. Ringo doesn’t lose time and shots the ball and it’s a strike! One amazing shot from Passion Lover’s team member! But what is this? The remaining competitors are wishing best lucks to one another! How cute! They grab their balls, they prepare, and they shot! OOOHHHH!”

Both balls were flying at a moderate speed. Fluttershy wasn’t an expert of bowling and Lightbulb hasn’t played this sport on his life. The results were obvious as both balls fell to the side of the lanes, not pushing a single pin. Rainbow Dash screamed in distress and Gilda was hitting the table in frustration.

“Such Shame, both of them failed. But don’t pressure our athletes! They have a second change! They prepare! They shot! Aaaand! AWWWW! Better luck next time, guys!”

On Lover Passion’s team:

“Good Job, Ringo!”

“No prob! Beats, you are next!”

“You got it!”

On the Rainbooms’ team:

“WHAT WAS THAT, FLUTTERSHY!?” Rainbow expressed to her teammate.

“Sorry…”

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy!” Sunset reassured. “The game just started! Rainbow, you know what to do!”

“You gotcha!”

On T.U.O. team:

“LIGHTBULB!”

“I TOLD YOU I NEVER PLAYED THIS CRAP, NITPICK!”

“Don’t worry, Nit! I have everything under control!”

“UUHUHUHU! I can feel raging energy from these next three! WHAT’S THIS? They shot the balls like cannons and STRIKE! TWO STRIKES for the girls! Beats shot straight to the pit. But he doesn’t lose concentration! He shots again aaaaand Bummer! Better luck next time!”

On Lover Passion’s team:

“Sorry, guys!”

“Don’t worry, dude! We are even and Thunderbass is next! Are you ready, man?”

“I guess…”

On the Rainbooms’ team:

“And that’s how you bowl!”

“Holly molly! You and Gilda shot those balls like shooting fireballs!”

“Yeah, but mine was cooler! Now it’s your turn, AJ!”

“I’m gonna shot those pins like apple bucking season, y’all!”

On T.U.O. team:

“By that cocky smile of yours, you must believe you are a big shot, Heavensbane! But watch and learn how finesse and intellect produces the same results with minimal effort!”

“By all means, Sugarcoat!”

The cheers of the people were increasing. The circus that was promised to them delivered and Steven Magnet was happy by this turns of events. That and his snack business was making great profits to his local.

“What’s this? The players are doing different stances unlike their previous teammates! Oh Heavens! Thunderbass launched the ball with a spinning effect!”

The ball was spinning sideways, making only an extremely small surface area of the ball touch the lane.

“STRIKE! We have a Spinner with us, Ladies and Gentlemen! Applejack walks next and she shots!”

The Cowgirl made a high backswing and opened her shoulders before delivery, making generate a power cannonball surpassing Rainbow Dash’s by a long shot.

“I SOUND LIKE A SCRATCHED DISK BUT IT’S ANOTHER STRIKE! Crankers like her are a force to be reckoned! And finally is the turn of Sugarcoat! Oh! She is taking her sweet time! I’m so excited that I think I’m gonna faint!”

Sugarcoat made a backswing that reached higher than parallel to the ground. The ball was shot and it made a smaller number of revolutions than all of the shots of the previous players. In the end, she made a straight line and stroke down all the pins!

“WOOOHH! Today we’ve been blessed with such fabulous athletes! All fashionable and good-looking! Except the one with the messy hair!”

“WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY HAIR?”

“Darling, Steven also happens to be an excellent stylist! I could arrange an appointment if you wish!”

Everyone turned around when a girl spoke through the megaphone.

“RARITY!” Most of the players exclaimed.

“I also came here!” Pinkie was beside her, carrying two babies on her back.

“Pinkie, Rarity! I’m glad you came!” Twilight said with bliss.

“I wouldn’t miss this for nothing! Besides, Sapphire Shores had an emergency practice and we’ll resume her dress tomorrow!”

“Who's next?” Pinkie asked.

“I believe is Twilight Sparkle! She will do three shots with each team!” Replied Steven.

The moment that every team was waiting came at last. Twilight was to replace the three leaders and shot three to six times. By a competition of who had the longest slice of cake, courtesy of Pinkie Pie, Twilight will start her shot with Nitpick’s team, then Sunset and at the end, Flash.

“Alright, Midnight!” Nitpick whispered her nickname while giving a small sized ball to her. “As you may have noticed, the point is to shot this ball to the pins and strike them down. There are several styles you can choose from and the choice is yours!”

“What are the styles?”

“Power Strokers who combines power with smooth shots like Flash and Rainbow, Strokers that release smooth shots like Sugarcoat, Crankers who use full power like Applejack and Gilda, Spinners that can produces curvy shots like the guy Thunderbass and finally, Tweeners that are a combination of Strokers and Crankers like Sunset and me!”

“Teach me how to be a Tweener!”

“Good. My style in this art is to make a high backswing and give it a small effect of power rotation with my wrist. That produces a ball with average to high speed and if positioned good enough, it ends up in a Strike most of the times. There are factors, of course, like lane distance, how oily is the lane and so on, but this is a normal place so playing normal is the best course of action.”

“Ok… high backswing and moving the wrist to make a rotation…”

“Yeah! Now try it! And remember that it’s your first shot so don’t feel pressured by it!” He gave her a small back massage.

She responded his gentle gesture with a smile and suddenly repeated the instructions on her head. Making a backswing and throwing the ball with a weak turn of wrist made a funny outcome. Four of the pins were thrown down and the people praised her for her first try.

“Excellent, Midnight! Try to do that again on the other side and the full score will be yours!”

Motivated by that, she tried to do the same again, making sure to improve the shot as best as she could. The ball stroke down three pins more and in total, she stroked seven.

“Good job, Sparkion! You did great for a first try!”

“Thanks, Nitty… I have the best teacher at my side.”

Nitpick was happy to hear that. Sunset wasn’t. The young scientist soon joined her friend and received words of advice.

“I see that our friend is teaching you the Tweener style, Twilight!”

“Yes, I think for a first try it was a great shot!”

“Indeed but I could give you some improvements to that!”

“Really? I thought he gave me a good explanation!”

“Of course he did, but you’ll see that mine is better! Look, the way he did the backswing is fine and all but the trick is in the wrist! Instead of doing a higher backswing and doing a weak turn, try to play with your wrist a little and apply strength in it. Go and give it a shot!”

“Ok!”

Twilight repeated her new instructions on her head and managed to do Sunset’s play style. Sadly, the strain on her somewhat weak wrist produced poor results and the ball fell to the side.

“You should consider using the previous style!” Sugarcoat said with mockery.

“Don’t worry, Twilight!” Sunset soon massaged her wrist. “I know you can do miracles if you work for it hard enough, just like Princess Twilight!”

That’s right! She and her otherworldly persona possess so much in common! She can do it! She can perfect her throwing. She prepared, she shot and she stroke down seven in one shot.

“Excellent job! I had complete faith in you!”

“Thanks! You are as good as Nitty!”

Sunset was glad to balance things out. Nitpick was a little annoyed. As Twilight walked towards Flash, two leaders were discussing in an amiable matter.

“It seems that my teaching methods are better for someone like Twilight, Sunset”

“Please, Twilight is a quick learner. She doesn’t need the baby steps!”

“Sure. Just like her spectacular performance with the sports team training!”

“Are you implying my methods are faulty?”

And they continued discussing in a friendly tone. As for Flash Sentry, he had another sentiment.

“Flash… I hope I don’t ruin your game!”

“Twilight… play as you want with me!”

“Excuse me?”

“I mean, winning is great but the most important thing today is that you learn to play! You can mess up with me and practice your style! Why don’t you try to combine what have you learned from both of them?”

“What I have learned from both of them…?”

“Yes! Just throw and play for fun! That’ll make everyone happy! Trust me! That’s how CHS do things! Only for fun!”

“Only for fun…”

Those words echoed in her mind. She wanted to have fun. That was the real reason why they were here. If Flash said it could lighten the mood even more… then why don’t do as he said and try to combine what she learned? She prepared a backswing not as high as Nitpick’s and softened her wrist a little unlike Sunset’s and she shot straight.

“STRIKE! The myth is true, everyone! The third try always is the best one! A big applause for Twilight Sparkle”

Lots of clapping and happy whistles filled the air of the local, making Twilight happy.

“You see? I told you could do it… well, you are special after all!”

Twilight turned her gaze to the side, trying to hide her embarrassment to that flattery. It wasn’t need, though. Those thick glasses concealed her cheeks perfectly.

“OOHOHOHO! This match is proving to be incredible, Rarity!”

“Magnifique would be a better word, Steven!”

The competitors resumed their game but Pinkie Pie felt that something was lacking. She felt it was exciting but boring at the same time and she had the perfect cure for that dilemma. She mumbled something to Steven on the ear and he gladly accepted her offer. Another karaoke from nowhere was withdrawn and typical of Pinkie Pie, she was about to sing a song she selected.

“Pinkie!” Rarity spoke. “Isn’t the Pony Pokey song used only on formal dances?”

“Pony Pokey? I’m gonna sing Bowling Throwing!” She deeply inhaled tons of air and did what she does best: Singing at the rhythm of the game!

“You put your left hand in

You put your right hand out

You aim your shot straight in

And you throw away your ball

You do the Bowling Throwing while playing lots of rounds

That's what I'm talking about

Sometimes you’re gonna Strike-
Nice Job (APPLEJACK)

Sometimes you’re gonna Fail-
This Sucks (SUGARCOAT)

You try to be so nice

But your screams will still come out

You do the Bowling Throwing that all must do for fun

That's what it's all about

You grab your ball right in-
HELL YEAH (GILDA)

You throw your ball right out-
C’MON (RAINBOW)

You witness it gets in

Just be brave and accept results

You do the Bowling Throwing and you feel you're gonna bout

That's what I'm singing about

You tilt your hips in-
Good Luck (FLUTTERSHY)

You move your torso out-
Likewise (LIGHTBULB)

You throw your arm in

Then it shakes the ground around

You do the Bowling Throwing even though your skill is a lout

You're better off the game

You stomp your whole self in

You stomp your whole self out

You stomp your whole self in

And you stomp yourself about

You do the Bowling Throwing and you notice both are tied-
I’LL TRIUMPH! (SUNSET & NITPICK)

That's what I'm talking about

You do the Bowling Throwing

You do the Bowling Throwing

You do the Bowling Throwing

And that's what it's all about

Yeah!”

The public threw flowers and praises to Pinkie Pie and she did a proud reverence. As for the players, from two teams at least, stress and a sudden drive for victory emerged. They were on the last shot and Twilight was the Goddess of Victory who’ll define everything. Unlike Passion Lover’s score, T.U.O. and the Rainbooms were tied. This time, turns were inversed and Twilight was going to shot on Flash’s lane first, making the young scientist feel the pressure.

“Don’t worry… you can do it!” Flash tenderly said, calming Twilight in the process.

She shot with grace and managed to do her second Strike in the day! Flash didn’t mind the score. Instead, he raised her a little from the hips while spinning her in the air. Twilight was sparking in radiance until she saw the remaining two teams that mostly consisted of her friends gazing at each other with piercing rage in their eyes, well, five of them to be exact.

She got closer to Sunset, who managed to keep as calm and concentrated as she could in front of Twilight.

“Okay, Twilight!” Sunset said a little stressed. “You can do it!”

Young Sparkle didn’t perceive the aura of war that Sunset emanated and just smiled to her friend. Twilight made the shot and didn’t stroke any pin. Rainbow just turned around while making a fetus position, trying to not rage at her. Fluttershy and Applejack tried to appease her.

“You can do it! Don’t worry!” Sunset suddenly no longer cared about the game, patting Twilight's shoulders.

Twilight shot again. This time she stroke nine pins and that made Sunset and the Rainbooms happy!

“NICE SHOT! TWILIGHT!” Rainbow exclaimed with power.

That made the little scientist happy. Now, the moment of truth was upon us all. Everyone became silent, not even the flutter of the flies could be heard.

“Sparkion!” Nitpick bestowed upon her a ball, trying to keep calm his twitching eye. “I know you can do it!”

She raised her thumb up and approached the lane of fate. She needed to play with the best of her talents. Doing favoritism would only damage her friendships. Slowly inhaling and exhaling large cupcakes of air, she did her now familiar motion and shot the ball. It fell to the side of the lane. Sugarcoat was about to bend the strong plastic of the table, scaring Lightbulb in the process. Gilda was hugging herself in a menacing position that resembled a violent madwoman using a straitjacket.

The young genius noticed that, making her feel nervous. Suddenly, two hands no longer interested in the game were in her shoulders, making a relaxing massage and calming her down.

“Twilight… I remember when you taught me how to do this massage during the gossip incident… Looking back then and seeing you right now… I only have one thing to say.” Nitpick stopped his massage and patted her shoulders. “You can do it, my little Twinkle Star!”

Deep inside, that fired her spirit and she managed to fully concentrate on the game. She suddenly acquired the eye of the tiger!

By the Truth that ruled everything, she imitated Nitpick’s motion and threw the ball away, resulting in a shocking Strike! There wasn’t time to talk and T.U.O. went straight to celebrate their ultimate victory in the bowling competition, making Twilight feel at heaven.

“IT’S OVER! IT’S TOTALLY OVER! THE WINNING TEAM OF THE COMPETITION IS PASSION LOVER!”

“WHAAAAAAT!?” The triumphant team yelled.

“With a total of three-hundred and twenty two points at the first place, two-hundred and ninety-nine points to T.U.O. and two-hundred and ninety-eight points to the Rainbooms, Twilight Sparkle and Passion Lover wins!”

The second place team soon went silent and Twilight was dragged willingly by Pinkie Pie and Rarity to the middle of the local. Passion Lover soon joined her as well and she received a little trophy as a testament of her victory. Being repeatedly thrown at the air while her name was being chanted by the public, for her, it was one of the greatest moments of her young life.

“Alright, everyone!” Pinkie exclaimed with joy. “All competitors come to Sugarcube Corner and have a party celebration NOOOWW! WEEEEEEE!”

The victors, Spike, Pinkie with the Cake babies and Rarity soon vanished to the Café. The losers on the other hand slowly walked to join the others. The shadow of humiliation fell upon them, with the exception of Applejack, Fluttershy and Lightbulb who didn’t mind the result. Sugarcube Corner was filled with balloons, music, dancing people and the notion of purity. Although Flash’s team won, they refused the price and decided to share the winnings with everyone. That scored more points with the young scientist.

She found herself eating cake and drinking a Butter Pecan Milkshake with Flash who was enjoying a simple soda. They were talking, laughing and suddenly, without taking notice, Twilight Sparkle soon felt enjoyment by Flash Sentry’s company.

Author's Note:

I modified somewhat the Pony Pokey song from Pinkie Pie. I hope you can find the rhythm to it.

PreviousChapters Next