• Published 3rd Oct 2015
  • 230 Views, 3 Comments

A Pony's Love Story - Sapphire Shadow



Will Golden Goblet find TRUE love? Or is it all fake?

  • ...
 3
 230

The Journey

Golden Goblet smiled out the window of the carriage as they bypassed endless prarie with a few, lonely trees.



Rose had woken her up very early, as promised, and she had quickly dressed in a white and red gown, a light one, and ruby jewelry. Thanks to Rose, she looked amazing for this journey.


They had stopped at Cake Town first, and found no worthy guard. Goblet was rather glad, for the ponies at Cake town wore very fruity colors and were a bit silly.


The stallions pulling their carriage were their best. They were gray with blue and red manes and golden armor. The carriage they pulled was wooden, then covered with a very thin layer of gold with silver inlays. It was very beautiful, but lighter than it looked. Inside were beautiful, plush, blue seats with gold edging that could hold their belongings in chests or suitcases underneath. In one side sat her father, and the other side her and Rose.


They had only been traveling for ten hours, up till lunch (which they'd had in Cake Town) and had gone through hilly terrain and tree-covered terrain. Right now the prairie was so much larger and the sky so large. It rather reminded Goblet of Trottingham, her hometown, where instead of prairie they had desert, but still could see the huge, blue sky.


She thought back to her town. Bustling and large, with beautiful brick buildings that held warm and friendly ponies. She loved her home by the sea, but was also excited for this adventure.



“What town will we arrive at next?” she asked her father. He looked up at her.


“Hmm. I'm not sure.” he pulled out a large case and pulled out a large map. His gray-blue eyes scanned the page until they stopped and landed on one spot.


“We will arrive at Baltimare next, and then after that will be Las Pegasus which is where we will stay the night.” he answered, then rolled up the map and put it back.


“Sounds interesting. Mind if me and Rose do a little shopping in Baltimare while you look around?”



“Of course not. Go ahead.” he dismissed it casually with a wave of his hoof.



“Thank you!” then she turned to Rose, who was quite disheveled. Her mane hadn't been combed, her ears drooped and she kept yawning. She was almost asleep.


“Rose, dear, are you alright?” she asked.


“What? Oh, yes, just this climate makes me incredibly sleepy. Don't mind me please unless you need to.” and she yawned so hard her jaw popped.



And it was true. The climate was very crazy. Overhead were white clouds, no trace of blue. (They'd just crossed into a bleaker prairie) and the air was the worst part. It wasn't hot, just a weird, lukewarm accompanied with a very slight breeze that blew it at you and either choked you or made you drowsy. Goblet preferred the later, for being choked wasn't her style.



When they arrived in Baltimare, the stallions opened the doors for them, and Rose accompanied Goblet into the town.


“I'd like to shop for some fabric to maybe make a dress. Foreign fabrics are always so interesting.” Goblet said. Hearing this, Rose perked up and hastily nodded her approval.


“Look! Let's try that place.” Goblet said, pointing.


It was a cute green and white shop, called “Hem's Cotton” and had a cute wooden deck and door.


So they entered and as they did a cute little golden bell announced their presence. Goblet gasped and could feel Rose prancing around in excitement.


All around them were bold, beautiful colors. Scarlet, golden, dark purple, royal blue. Forest green! Now that's what Goblet wanted.

“Hello mistresses! How in the world are ya?” she spoke with a heavy accent.


“Doing great. We'd like some of this forest green material, please.” Goblet answered, touching the beautiful fabric.


“Ah, great choice, great choice! It'll go nicely with your strange, golden complexion...say, you're not from around here, are you?” she asked, obviously seeing their strange, light cloth and fancy jewelry and veils.



“No, we aren't.” Rose murmured.


“Now, how much of this would you like?” she asked.


“Enough to make a dress for me.” Goblet said, smiling.



“Of course! And who will you get to sew it for you? If you are new here I can sew one up for you in two days time!” she babbled.


“Oh, that's very kind of you, I'm not very talented in the clothing department. That would be my assistant Rose, here.” she said, hoping Rose noticed the word assistant instead of servant, then she realized something.


“Wait! Rose could sew it for me on the journey, since, I'm sorry, we'll only be staying a few hours.” Goblet suggested.


“Of course! I have a pattern she can borrow. Where are y'all headed?” she asked, snipping the fabric.



“Any town we happen to pass. Every town till we find her a guard.” Rose said without thinking. Goblet looked sideways at her.


“Guard...?” the pretty green pony slowly turned to face them.


“Yes! Every princess needs a guard.” Rose said, again not thinking of what she was saying.


“Your highness! I'm so sorry! I did not know!” and the pony bowed clumsily, her scarlet mane flopping over her neck.


“Oh, outside of Trottingham I'm not that important and you are not in my power. I'm just any other tourist.” Goblet assured her, then winked, payed for the material, accepted the pattern and left.


When they got back to the carriage, the ponies put their purchase under their seats and headed to another store for scarlet edging (Rose said they MUST have some) and some Baltimare-style jewelry to go with it.


“Oh! This is simply wonderful! I love this city! I could stay in it forever!” Rose exalted, looking at the displays in various fashion stores.


Up ahead, Goblet saw a store called “Trimmings and Lace.” Perfect. They entered the elegant purple and white building and were greeted by the owner, who was a dark purple pony with a white and purple mane and tail.


“Hello, how are you ladies today?” she asked. Rose and Goblet nodded in affirmation and as Goblet went to look for scarlet edging, Rose stood and gawked at the pony.


“I'm sorry, but I just adore your outfit!” she praised the purple mare.


She was wearing a most fashionable greed dress that was slightly ruffled on the skirt and had a slightly high collar embedded with golden fake jewels. Her hooves were in gold shoes with tiny green bows.


“Thank you. My name is Lace, by the way, well, that's what I want you to call me, anyways. You are a lover of fashion?” Lace asked.


All Rose could do was nod.


“Well! If you have time there is a fashion show starting soon, and you would adore the styles and makes they will be showing. Take your golden friend with you.” she said.


“Oh that sounds wonderful! I think I will! Thank you, Lace! And I'm Rose!” she called over her shoulder as she trotted over to find Goblet.


When she did, Goblet was purchasing scarlet edging with golden curly Qs.


“Beautiful fabric choice, Goblet. Guess what!”


Rose burst out the story, and Goblet smiled with amusement.


“A most delightful thing! Of course we shall go!” Goblet exclaimed. And once they purchased the edging (along with a golden and bronze colored bead necklace) and delivered them to the wagon. It was still an hour or more till they had to leave, or however long it would take her father, so they had plenty of time.



“I wonder where the theater is?” Rose lifted her head and looked around.


“I think I saw one earlier. Come on, let's go see.” and together they trotted off.


Sure enough, it was the same theater. They quickly paid entrance and went inside, taking front row seats, excited about the fashion.


A white pony with a brown and black mane up in a fashionable up do stepped out. She looked around the crowd, then brought the microphone to her mouth using her magic.


“Hello mares and gentlecolts! Today we present you with the hottest fashion from around Equestria and surrounding areas. First up is a lovely young mare, Miss Peacock, sporting a look from Vanhoover!” she said. The crowd cheered.


The mare stepped back into a dark part of the stage so she wouldn't steal the spotlight.


Miss Peacock came strutting out. And she was a beautiful pony. She was midnight blue pony with a white and light blue mane and tail. Her mane was swept up into a messy bun on the side of her head. She wore a light yellow summer dress with a high collar, and a blue see through cloak over that. It had thin white sequins sewn on.


As most ponies did in Vanhoover, she had a thick line of black painted along her eye and into a graceful cat-eye look. A thin, silver head piece dangled above her eyes and silver shoes caressed her hooves.



“Beautiful.” Goblet whispered to Rose. Rose nodded in agreement.


“Next up, we have a lovely miss Jacqueline from Prance, sporting the newest look. This look is a classical look molded with a more modern twist.” the mare announced from her spot in the shadows.


Out stepped a graceful white pony with a yellow and blue mane and tail. Her mane was flowing, and her bangs fastened back with a gold clip. She wore a fancy green dress with ruffles, that had fake jewels on the front, which had long sleeves. She had a thin silver necklace with a simple “J” on it, and silver earrings. She had a very faint green painted on her lids and fine white powder dusted on her nose.



“Elegant.” Rose whispered. This time Goblet nodded.


The show went on like that. Ponies from different regions or cities, sporting high class fashion. There were two more left, and Goblet was excited to see them.



“Lastly we have a model from Trottingham. Miss Lotus is wearing the latest royal fashion trend.” and the pony stepped back into the shadows.



“Wow. I'm excited to see this.” Goblet said eagerly, wanting a glimpse from her hometown. Rose grinned, excited as well.


Out stepped a cobalt-blue mare, with a stunning black and purple mane much like Goblets swept back and held in place by a silver head piece much like the ones Goblet and her mother wore. She wore a sleeveless silver gown with silver jewels imbedded around the collar, and white shoes with silver studs on the toe. She wore a see-through veil, with white and silver sequins, and a good coat of white was painted on her lids above a thick line of black. She wore a necklace on a simple chain with a silver amulet, and another silver piece fastened her tail up high.


“Wow. Just as stunning as you are, Goblet.” Rose whispered. Goblet smiled at her friend and clapped for Miss Lotus.



“And lastly we have a pony from Chestnut Isle, a worthy mare in high standards. Give it up for Miss Ivory!” the ponies cheered.



Out stepped the weirdest mare Goblet had ever seen. She was black, a smooth, ivory black that confused Goblet, with a long, extremely straight red mane and tail that threatened to put Goblet's senses into overdrive.


She wore not a dress but a cloak, a dark blue cloak with a high collar. She wore an amulet on her neck that had a ghastly symbol of a crooked horn on it. This pony had a long black horn that seemed too smoothly colored to be real. In her ears were two red earrings, each with a sparkling star hanging from them. She wore red shoes that seemed harmless enough, if it weren't for the strange redness of the color.




That was all she wore. Yet she had a royal and frightening aura about her that scared Goblet into clapping.


“Who is THAT?” asked Rose. Maybe she didn't feel the extremely weird thing that Goblet felt.


“M-miss Ivory...remember?” she stuttered.


“I know, but who is she to think she can come in here with that ugly outfit among all these shining ponies?” Rose hissed.


Nope. Rose didn't feel a thing.



“We better get back to the carriage.” Goblet said nervously.


Miss Ivory suddenly turned her head slowly and looked directly into Goblets eyes. Goblet had never seen such eyes.


A bright, fiery orange, they seemed to look right through Goblet. Suddenly, as she was watching, she narrowed her eyes and they suddenly they turned to nothing but orange sockets. She bared her teeth slightly, but it was enough to show Goblet the orange fangs.


Then, she looked back at the other ponies. Goblet blinked and saw she had completely changed her eyeball-less, fang-mouthed look and no other ponies had realized what happened.



“Come, R-rose lets...l-l-lets go..!” and Goblet dragged Rose out to the exit. When she turned back, she saw Miss Ivory looking at her. Her eyes were gone and the orange sockets had returned. So had the fangs. She took a single step forward.


That was it.


Goblet grabbed her friends hoof and ran to the carriage, somehow feeling she was being chased. She heard nothing but the sharp intake of an angered breath that sounded creepily close to a hiss.



“Faster, Rose!” she said, not daring to look back.



The carriage came into sight and the two ponies raced faster till they got to the carriage.


“There you are, dears. Sorry, we found no guard, so we must move on...say, what is it? You look deathly pale yellow.” her father said as they raced up.


“No time for explanation. Get in, get in! We must go, now!” and Goblet shoved Rose inside. She reached out and pulled the carriage door shut, positive the mare was right on her heels.



But all she saw as she closed the door was an orange mist that hit the door, then, with a hiss, receded back and disappeared. Goblet knocked on the carriage to tell the stallions to go, and go they did.


Goblet looked back as they left, and saw nothing but a peaceful town.



But she had seen something, she was sure of it.


But what in Equestria was it?

Author's Note:

okay, just to let you know, I did NOT plan the weird orange, red and black mare thing. It just tumbled out. Now I have to figure out how to add it in!
so why did I not edit out such troublesome words and safely leave it just to what the title suggests? Well...if this is has ever happened to you, you'll know why.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment