• Published 4th Sep 2015
  • 480 Views, 4 Comments

Pawn Equestria - Max From Equestria



Just a simple Pawnbroker living in Equestria

  • ...
3
 4
 480

Pawn Equestria - Old Books

By Max From Equestria


The dark decrepit attic of one “Cheerilee” had been the focus of Frank’s afternoon today. Under any other circumstance, Frank would have something better to do than plunder someone’s attic.
As Frank lifts his hands to rest on his hips, He looks across the endless sea of boxes and junk that lies before him.

“This is going to be one hell of a job.” Frank says to himself with a frown.

“It’ll all be worth it im sure.” Cheerilee’s voice rang from behind frank. As she made her way up the many stairs to the attic, Cheerilee lets out a deep sigh.
Frank looks to the pastel pony, then back to the worn attic. He then takes the time to remember why he is indeed in the current situation.

Frank turns to Cheerilee while scratching his scruffy beard. “You said you got some old books i could have free of charge?” He asks looking at her with a raised eyebrow. Cheerilee nods with a smile as she holds a hoof in the direction of the books. “Yes sir Mr.Franklin.”

Frank turns to look upon the sea of books before him. “Its just Frank.” He says with a breath. Two hours pass by before Frank is ready to give up on his search. Cheerilee pops her head into the attic with a tray in her mouth. The tray held a tall glass of water, and some chocolate chip cookies. “Is everything alright up here Mr.Franklin?” Cheerilee asks after she sets the tray on the floor. Frank looks back at her, still wearing a frown on his face.

“Thank you kindly.” Frank says as he stands, and walks to Cheerilee. He promptly sits down and exhales deeply. The old man looks up to the plum colored pony before lifting the glass of water to his dry lips. Frank takes a few gulps before he places the nearly empty glass back on the tray. “Also, it's just Frank.” He says with a frown.

Frank begins to stand before Cheerilee stops him with a hoof. “Aren’t you going to have any cookies, Mr.Frank?” She asks with a worried look.
Frank looks back at her with a frown. “I dont think it would be wise for me to gain any more weight while i’m here. Im sure you can tell i’m not the fittest guy in the world.” Frank says before returning to the books.

Cheerilee’s ears drop to the side of her head as she turns to exit the room. “Ill just leave them here in case you get hungry.” Cheerilee says with a frown, before leaving the humid attic.

Frank picked up one more of the aged tomes before once again wiping the sweat from his brow. “Im too old for this shit.” He says before picking one of the particularly heavy books and placing it on his lap. The book began to resonate a purple aura as Frank touched it and ran his hands over the aged book cover. Dust filled the air as Frank held the book in his hands as he slowly turned the cover of the book over.
As he did, his entire life flashed before his eyes. Naturally, when someone’s life literally flashes before their eyes, they would give a frightened reaction. Maybe they would panic and throw the book across the room. Some would burn the book and call it a work of satan.

Not Frank though, he was pretty different. The entire room was illuminated with a bright whitish purplish light. Frank sat in place, never moving, not even a twitch.
“That was a bit-” Frank begins saying but is interrupted by the sight of polaroid photos filling the book. The aged man looks over each photo as they begin to develop. “Odd.” He finishes as the photos eventually finish developing.

Frank holds a hand on his forehead and a sad expression on his face as images of his entire life, beginning to now are shown in each photo. “What…” Frank says as he turns to pages, eventually seeing pictures of him and his grandchildren. Each happy memory was captured in one polaroid photo, every fun moment was paused in time. Frank had lived a long, hard life, and was content with each and every decision he had ever made.

All but one.

Frank felt tears fall from his face and onto the floor as he gazed at the pictures of his pride and joy, the apples of his eye.
A smile slowly formed onto the grumpy man’s face as pictures of the last Christmas he spent with his grandchildren began to develop. The photo’s description read “Frank with Sarah and John.”
Despite it being the last Christmas he spent with his grandchildren, it was not his last Christmas on earth.
No, that day was the last day he ever saw the grandchildren he loved so much. Frank’s smile quickly faded and his tears subsided as he slammed the book shut.

Author's Note:

This is only the first part of "Old Books", which is why its so short.
Dont worry guys, Frank will be back in "Old Books 2".

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment