• Published 4th Sep 2015
  • 480 Views, 4 Comments

Pawn Equestria - Max From Equestria



Just a simple Pawnbroker living in Equestria

  • ...
3
 4
 480

Pawn Equestria - First Sale

Pawn Equestria - First Sale
By Max From Equestria

Equestria, a land of wonders and other things among the fantasy genre. What nopony knew, was that in this very land, a small town called “Ponyville” harbours something- or rather, someone unusual.

In this town of ponyville, all of the citizens are quite familiar with each other. They are familiar with each other in the unnerving sense, that if one had the determination and memory, they could remember the name, birthday, and favorite color of each and every pony.
As i mentioned, this town harbours someone unusual. His name happens to be Frank.

Frank was your ordinary cliche, human in equestria case. By no means was Frank magical, nor is he an alicorn OC. Frank, is a Pawnbroker. Back on Earth, Frank was the best Pawnbroker in the state of Mississippi.

Now, he owns a small pawn shop in ponyville, a town not familiar to the workings of a Pawnbroker.
These are the exploits of Frank the Pawnbroker.


The lights of the small pawn shop slowly flicker into existence as Frank, a 60 year old white human slowly walks into the shop.

“First day.” He says to himself as he strokes his neck long beard.

Hours pass by as the lone human stands behind the counter of the pawn shop, whistling a tone from his home. Not a single pony walks into his shop, nor do they even cast a glance at the new structure.

“What the hell is wron-”

*Ring ring*

The sound of the front door opening interrupts Frank as a tall, red pony with a orangeish colored mane walks into the small shop. He lugs a large Plough behind him.

Frank slowly leans forward with his hands resting on the glass display counter. Nothing is actually displayed in them save for the few pieces jewlery he came to equestria with.

“What can i do for you today?” Frank says with a low tone. His face contorts to that of a frown as his eyes shift to the item the stallion drags. “What can i git for this here Plough?” The pony says in a deep voice.

Frank scratches his chin as he looks over the worn down Plough. It wasn't in good condition by any means, but he learned that in equestria there was always something behind an object. An enchantment, some sort of hex, maybe a charm or two.

“I dont know a lot about Ploughs, give me a few seconds and ill call my guy in, and see what we can do for you.” Frank says looking over the old Plough once more. He looks at the red stallion “Would that be alright?” He asks with a raised eyebrow.

The red pony unlatches himself from the Plough and lets the large tool stay in place. “Eeyup.” He says with a nod.

Ten minutes later, a grey stallion with a darker grey mane walks into the shop.

*Ding Ding*

“Hello there Frank.” The stallion says as he smiles. His eyes catch sight of the Plough before him as he approaches.
“Oh my Celestia, is this what i think it is?” He asks as he approaches the Plough. He looks at the red stallion before holding a hoof out. “Im Know it all.” The grey stallion says as the Red pony takes his hoof. “Ahm Big Macintosh, mah friends call me Big Mac.” He says with a nod.

Know it all immediately looks at the Plough and scratches his chin. “Is this an Original Sweet Apple Acres Plough?” He asks with an inquisitive look.
Big Mac looks at Know it all before nodding. “Eeyup.”
Frank stands to the side, scratching his old man beard. “What i need to understand, is what is it worth?” He asks with a complete misunderstanding of Equestrian currency.

Know it all looks over the Plough. “Well, if this is a real OSAAP” Know it all says as he leans down and looks underneath the Plough. “Then Celestias seal of approval should…” Know it all pauses before smiling. “Be right underneath the Tailpiece.” He says as he runs a hoof over what Frank assumes to be the seal. “This is a real OSAAP!” He exclaims before getting from underneath the object.

Frank stands next to the plough with a straight face, still scratching his beard. “Does that make it expensive?” He asks with a frown.

Know it all looks at Frank with a smile. “Very, i would say that this Plough is worth around 100 bits.”

Franks face stays at a frown before he looks at Big Mac. “Bring it to the counter, and ill give you an offer.” He says before walking behind the counter.

Big Mac approaches the counter with a smile on his face.

Franks frown continues to be constant. “So what’re you looking to get for...thing?” He asks.

Big Mac looks at the plough and then back at Frank. “Ah want 100 bits.” He says with a smile.

“I cant do that big guy.” Frank says. “I can give you 25 bits.”

Big Mac was taken by surprised as his eyes grew wide. “No can do, i want 100 bits for this. Thats what your informant said, and thats what im sticking with.”

Frank leans on the table. “Listen up big guy, im going to tell you how shit works around here.” He says as he begins leaning forward. “In order for me to get a nice profit on that piece of work, i would need to buy it for cheaper than what the man said. He told you what its value is, but he never said anything about the resale. I have to buy that there ancient plough, and still have enough bits to refurbish it, and sell it for a profit. Not to mention all of the paperwork i have to do.”

Frank looks at Big Macintosh in the eyes as the red stallion remains frozen.

The frozen stallion breaks from his train of thought and looks at Frank with a frown.

“Ah want 50 bits.” He says firmly.

Frank scratches his beard. “25.” He retorts.

Big Macintosh slams a hoof on the ground. “40.”

Franks face turns to a scowl. “Look budy, i can go to 30. Thats being generous.” He says.

Big Mac looks at Frank with a frown, the fire in his eyes blazed as he glared at the unentertained Pawnbroker. “Eeyup.” He says as he holds out one of his hooves.

Frank grabs Big Macintosh’s hoof. “Its a pleasure dealing with you.” He says as he shakes the Stallion's hoof.

Author's Note:

Im just testing the waters with this story, they will get as exciting as a pawn shop in Equestria can get.
Thanks for Reading and Everything <3 <3 <3