• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 516 Views, 15 Comments

MinePony: Crafting is Magic - IMNOTHERE889



From the grass to the crearures, Equestria has changed a lot since a secret government project went ary.

  • ...
1
 15
 516

Mining

Derpy, Zecora, and Big Mac all made their way to the hole Big Mac saw during Derpy's first day of consciousness. Derpy was looking at the scenery. It was all beautiful, albeit square. Many trees were around, blocking out a lot of sun. But, the forest wasn't as dense as the... Uhh... I know I've heard of a dense forest before, but... What was it called? Derpy Tried to remember, failing miserably. Zecora was humming idly to herself, she hadn't said a word the whole trip. It's as if she was trying to figure out why everything was square with little to no evidence, silently thinking up theories as to how this all happened. Big Macintosh wasn't in a talkative mood, despite being the one who explained most of the essential things to Derpy.

Big Mac, who was leading the group, stopped suddenly. Zecora stopped behind him, due to her being completely aware of everything around her, and, due to Derpy being distracted By the things around her, accidentally bumped into Zecora. She recovered quickly after, muttering a silent apology to the zebra. Her full attention now on the stallion, Derpy looked at him with a questioning face.

"We're here." Without turning around, Big Mac announced their arrival. Before them was a giant gaping hole in a hill, one that was sure to give any professional miner chills down their spine. It was eerily dark, and the trio didn't know what lay ahead of them. I might have an idea... Derpy thought, looking at her bandaged shoulder, downcast.

"Did ya bring the craftin' table, Derpy?" Big Mac asked out of the blue, looking back slightly to look at the downcast Derpy.

"Huh? O-oh, yes," Derpy said, the cave ahead of them making her fearful despite not entering it yet.

"Let's go." Big Mac's mood went from seemingly neutral to dark in a matter of seconds. This frightened the two other females, making them look fearfully at each other. Big Mac started treading into the cave, and the two others followed closely behind. Big Mac was looking at every single block of rock, examining them, as if he was looking for certain block in particular. He stopped in front of a cluster of blocks that stood out; they had black spots all over them, but otherwise looked like any other rock.

Big Mac lifts up his pickaxe, and starts hitting at one of the new blocks. The cracks in the block grow bigger and bigger until it breaks, but, instead of forming into a smaller version of its original self, it turns into a new, lumpy object. Big Mac takes a step toward it, and it goes into himself.

"Coal," he muttered, mining out the next block.

"Coal?" Derpy asked, "Don't we need that for light?"

"Zecora! Catch!" Big Mac said out of the blue, tossing the new object at Zecora. Zecora just stood there, no fear, and, when the object stopped and dropped in front of her, she smiled. She walked forward a step and the object went into her, making a 'pop' sound as it did.

"Ya need to make—"

"I know, I know, torches.
Just hold your horses!"

"Well then..." Derpy said, confused. Zecora opened her hot bar and crafted these torches without needing to put down the crafting table, and tossed them to Big Mac. He placed one down near him, to his right, and that part of the cave lit up. Now that Derpy could see further into the cave, she felt a little bit calmer, but not by much. Her fur was still standing on end, and her paranoia was kicking in. Big Mac said nothing as he started to lead them through the cave, placing torches down as he went, always to his right. He took heavy steps, his hooves making audible 'clop ' sounds as he went, the other two's hoofsteps slightly less so.

Derpy noticed that Big Mac was placing the torches on one side as they went, and couldn't help but get curious. There had to be some sort of reason for that, right? And, why did Big Mac seem much more... Sinister, in here? Why hasn't there been anymore ore yet!?

"So, uh, Big Mac, why do you... Uh..." An onimous sound is heard from her left. She quickly glances over that way to see nothing, her paranoia now becoming a very noticible trait in her every feature. "P-place all the t-torches to your right-t?" She stuttered out, her body now shaking; not only from the cold, but from the eery spookiness that was a huge aspect of this cave.

"It's a path, helps lead us back to the entrance," he said flatly, not looking back, still placing torches as he went. Derpy gulped at his newfound tone, worried for her companion.

...I'm Scared, was all Derpy thought as she worriedly followed after the stallion, looking behind her every few seconds, feeling like they were being followed...

Current Items (Derpy)
4 Paper
2 Stone Pickaxes
1 Stone Sword
Current Items (Big Macintosh)
20 Torches
5 Stone Pickaxes
2 Stone Swords
3 Dirt
5 Cobblestone
7 Apples
Current Items (Zecora)
1 Crafting Table
50 Sticks
1 Furnace
7 Torches
1 Stone Sword

Current Time
Midday, Get On with It!

Author's Note:

SURPRISE MOTHERBUCKER

GUESS WHO'S BACK WITH SOME MINEP0NI????!!!

THIS PERSOOOONNNNNN

Edit: I know I posted this late, but, think of it as a Christmas gift to you all. :3

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment