• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,684 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,684

Royal Meetings

As my Titan, Warlock, and my Hunter persona's made their way, I began to think.

Now, as far as I could tell, they were all individuals, but there was still some semblance of the pre-portal me in each. I was thinking as to what would happen when Tirek was freed. I know some might consider light, as in Traveler light, magic, which begged the question: Because Guardians were basically light, would my three persona's die if Tirek got them?

Fortunately for my sanity, the three jumpjets made it to Canterlot pretty damn fast, so I didn't think on it that much, and the face of the three guards helped. As I got out of the Extinction, as I preferred to be active in my Hunter's mind, I began to think on just how we had changed the timeline by saving Applejack's parents. I'll admit now, I wasn't one to think the two had died in a huge-ass animal attack on the town. Now that I think about it, though, probably for the best we stopped that, as who knew how young ponies were when they started to remember stuff. Didn't want to risk an Element to be emotionally broken, am I right?

Anyway, once Rhino and Cybis got out of their ships, as well as the guards, who had looks like fear on their faces, I asked the one thta had ridden with me, "So, when can we meet your Princess?"

"Right now, if you wish," he said, a little nervous. Can't say I blame him.

"If that is alright, yes," Cybis said, apparently getting the inherent politeness I imagined awoken warlocks having.

"Then please, follow me," the guard said, and he and his two comrades led us into the castle.

So, do you guys think we should ask about Nightmare, or not? Rhino asked over the link.

I'd rather not, Cybis said. That may bring something down on us we don;t need, or even want.

Agreed, I thought. Let's play it safe for now.

With that, the six of us, ponies in the lead, made our way to the what I assumed was the throne room. "Wait here," the lead one said as he entered the room once we reached a pair of large doors.

We waited for a few minutes before he came back out and said, "You may enter."

Rhino, Cybis, and I entered the throne room.

The first thing we saw upon entering was Celestia, her mane and tail, which resembles the northern lights, and not a rainbow as most describe it, waving in a windless air sitting on her golden throne. Now, before I go further, I'll admit of all the princesses, she is my least favorite. She's top ten, but still.

Regardless, one thing I have to give her credit for is how well she has led the ponies, and I give respect where it's due.

As we approached the throne, the guard said, "These are the strange beings, your highness. The ones who call themselves 'Guardians'."

"They are strange, yes, Sergeant, but you must remember that if it wasn't for them, who knows how many ponies may have lost their lives," Celestia said. She turned to face us. "Now, if I may ask, why are you three here?"

"That is complicated, your highness," Cybis said as we all knelt. "We do not even fully understand it ourselves. What we do know is that we probably came here to help you and the ponies."

"Well, if the fact you saved all of the ponies of Ponyville is any indication, then you will be a great help to protect my little ponies," she said. "And the three of you may call me Celestia, if you wish. You may also rise."

"Thank you, Celestia," I said as the three of us got back up on our feet. "And there are three others I think you should meet, and it would be best if only you met them, for now."

"Oh?" Celestia said, considering, if I had to guess.

Eventually, she said, "Guards, leave us." The guards looked a little concerned, but did as she asked.

Once the last guard left, she said, "Now, who are these other three?"

"Us," Nolandroid said as he and the other two materialized. "We're their Ghosts. Basically, we're their assistants."

"We also help them in combat by reviving them, should they fall in combat," Tara said, making Celestia's eyes widen.

I instantly added, "It is not dark magic, your highness. It is, in basic terms, using energy to construct a new body, with all of our memories and equipment coming along with it."

"Saved our lives as a team a few times, too," Rhino said.

"Which reminds me," Dinklebot said, turning to face us. "What do you guys want to call yourselves, in terms of a fire team?"

The three of us looked at each other, and even without the link, we knew what we wanted to call ourselves.

"Fire team lone," we said at the same time.

"And Celestia, if I may make a request," Cybis said, "we would like to be stationed in Ponyville. It is close to the Everfree forest, after all, and who knows what may happen next with the animals from it."

Celestia put a hoof to her chin, thinking it over. Ten seconds later, she said, "I will allow that. Do the three of you have any place to stay?"

"As a matter of fact, yes," Rhino said. "The two ponies we rescued allowed us to stay at what we assume is their home and workplace, Sweet Apple Acres."

"The apple family," she asked.

"Apparently, yes, Celestia," I said. "Why?" As if I need that. I still remember the family appreciation day episode.

"Because I gave them the land their farm is on, and I have been curious as to how they've been doing over the years."

"Well, I don't know how the other two will be about this, or the Ghots, even, but if you wish, Celestia," Cybis said, "I am willing to give you a ride in my ship so you can see how they are doing in pony."

If a Ghost could roll it's eye, Dinklebot would have done so. He turned to face Cybis and said, "Cybis, the jumpjet doesn't have enough space for you and the Princess. None of them do."

"It is quite alright," Celestia said as she got off the throne. "I will simply teleport there."

"If that's the case, Celestia," I said, "we'll come with you. We can remotely summon our ships, anyway."

"Are you certain," Celestia asked. "Teleportation can be disorienting the first time."

"We'll be fine," Cybis said. Now, those of you who have been bladedancers(for the win!!) and voidwalkers, you know of blink, and that it is described as a short range teleport. "Not so sure for Rhino, though."

"Of course," Celestia said. "Before we go, however, I'd like to know more about your species. You three are unlike any I know of."

A silent conversation went through our minds, and we agreed it best if we tell little. Didn't want to risk relations this early, after all. I went first.

"Of course, Celestia," I said. "My species is what we call 'human'. Currently, we, as well as the races of Cybis and Rhino, are engaged in a fight just to exist. And before you offer help, you are far less prepared for the fight, and your soldiers would get slaughtered. Specifically, humans were the natives of our home planet, earth. Eventually a being of power arrived, and great changed happened. Long story short, it's enemy arrived, and humanity and it's allies have been fighting them ever since."

"Well, I hope that you three find a way back home to help your friends, but, Cybis, just what are you. You look like a human, but you look different as well," Celestia said.

"Well, I am what would be called an awoken. I do not know why we are called that, but we were once humans that fled earth, but failed to escape the asteroid belt in the middle distance between the inner four planets of our system and the outer seven, outer four, if you count the planet Pluto as one, but some say it is just an asteroid. Regardless, some of us, once we became awoken, returned to earth, including me. I became a Warlock, a scholar, I suppose you could say. Josh was already a Guardian, and is a Hunter, which are the explorers."(1)

"And what are you, Rhino? You don't even look alive."

"I'm an Exo, a machine built by Josh's race after the power, the first one, arrived, and we've been helping humanity and the awoken in their fight. I'm also what is called a Titan. We, as an order, built the wall for our greatest city, as well as defended it from attacks. I suppose we're knights, in a way."

"And you already met the Ghosts," I said. "Like mine said, they're our assistants, and are a mix of advanced machinery and the energy we use." Obviously, we had removed the more, for lack of a better word, interesting details, including the fact Guardians were recruited from the long dead, which would have earned us a huge blast of magic to annihilate our asses, due to it possibly being considered dark magic.

"That's about it," Cybis said as our Ghosts disappeared, physically speaking. "So, I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready."

"Same here," Rhino said, and i just nodded.

"Then I believe it is time for us to depart," Celestia said, her horn lighting up, and the four of us disappeared.


We reappeared at the edge of what I recognized as Sweet Apple Acres, and none of us looked disoriented.

"Well, here we are," celestia said. "I must admit, I never thought the Apple family would have become so successful."

"Well, you'd be surprised what can happen when people, or ponies, in this case, have determination," Rhino said.

"I hear that," I said with a smile, remembering when I had soloed Ta'aruc. Ironically with my solar devastation loadout, which had my Abyss Defiant, a solar Amplified Geo-D6 with outlaw and shoot to loot, and a Gallarjhorn, it was easy Then again, it was a solar burn week. First Nightfall solo. Good times.

"I do suppose that is true," Celestia said. "Shall we go meet them?"

"Indeed," Cybis said, and the four of us went to the house.

When we got there, I knocked on the door. "Now, jus' who's there? There ain't s'posse ta be any visitors taday," we heard a voice I recognized as Granny Smith yell.

"Mom, just sit down," we heard Golden say. "I'll see who it is. Just rest."

"Now, Harvest, Ah'm alright!"

"No, you aren't mom. Your hip is still healing, and the doctors said to put as little pressure on it as possible."

"Ah, fine," Granny said, her tone obviously pissed.

With that, hoofsteps made their way to the door, and Golden from the other side said, "Who is it?"

"Just some people you met earlier," I said, and the door flew open.

"Josh?" Golden said, her eyes wide in surprise.

"What, do you not see us," Cybis said.

"Cybis? Rhino? What are you guys doing here? I figured you'd be in Canterlot."

"That would be because we asked Celestia if we could stay here."

"And I also wished to see how the Apple family was doing since I gave your grandfather the land," Celestia said.

Golden bowed and said, "Princess Celestia. It's an honor."

"As it is for me," Celestia said. "May we come in?"

"O-of course," Golden said, moving aside. With that, we walked in, and she followed us as the door closed.

As we reached the kitchen, we heard Granny Smith say, "Naw, Golden, how many times must ah tell ya: Don't let ponies in tha house."

She was sitting in one of the chairs in the kitchen. She eyed Cybis, Rhino, and I with suspicion, but her eyes widened in what I can guess is surprise upon seeing Celestia. "P-princess?"

"Hello, Granny Smith," Celestia said. "I am glad to know your family is doing well since I gave your father the land."

Smith just stared in awe. Then we heard her snore. "Seriously?" Rhino said. "And I thought we had bad manners!"

"She is elderly, Rhino," Cybis said.

Golden came in, and began to apologize for her mother. "I'm so sorry. Ever since she had her operation on her hip, she's been falling asleep a lot."

"It is okay, Golden," Celestia said. "It can not be helped."

"I guess."

"Hey, uh, Harvest," I said, "where's Swift?"

"Oh. He, Big Macintosh, our son, and Applejack are in town selling apples. I stayed behind to make sure Granny doesn't hurt herself. Princess, if I may ask, why are you here?"

"I simply wished to see how this family was doing, as well as see Josh and the other two get settled in, as they asked to be stationed here in Ponyville, and said you offered them all room."

"Yes, we did, but I figured they'd want to stay in Canterlot."

"I guess we just don't like large cities," I said. "So? Can we stay?"

"Yeah, but I'll need help explaining this to Granny, and she'll want you three to help around."

Before we could respond, Celestia said, "Well, it seems everything is alright. If you will excuse me, I must return to Canterlot."

I nodded. "Of course. And just let us know if you want a demonstration of our powers," I said.

"I will," Celestia said before disappearing.

"I swear, alicorns use teleportation way to much," Cybis said.

"Regardless," I said, giving him a small glare before turning to face Golden. "We'll do what we can. I'm a good cook."

"I could always help with harvesting," Rhino said.

"And I'm good with numbers, so I could be the guy who keeps the expenses in check."

Golden smiled. "I think that'll do it for her," she said. "Now come on, I want to show you three where you're going to be sleeping for a few days."

Author's Note:

(1) To be fair, with the flavor text of Nightstalker, that could be considered true.