• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,684 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,684

Planning

"So, do we have any idea or even hint as to where their main location is?" I asked the two alicorns and one guard. It had been a few hours since Rhino, Cybis, and I had fused, the sun having risen since then. The four of us had been planning for the next, inevitable offensive from that damned cult while Rhino and Cybis escorted that guard that had been sentenced to die with us to his family, and escort them back here to the castle. They had yet to return.

"No," Luna replied. "We don't even know the name of this group." She looked at Lone. "I told you we should have kept that guard for questioning, Lone. I'm sure he would have been willing to help us."

"Only if he knew his family was safe," Lone shot back. "This way, we get to protect a mare and who knows how many foals, and get the knowledge we need."

"And if that fails," Celestia added, "I could always ask my father to take one of those traitors and probe their mind."

"And why not have that done now?" I ask, looking at her. "I mean, it'd save time, and give them less time to plan an attack and more time for us to prepare."

"Because whatever you did to them while you and your comrades were fused still has them in a coma," Celestia explained. "As far as we can tell, it's just making them relive their happy memories."

"That's it," Lone suddenly said, stomping his hoof on the ground. "What if we looked for a happy memory concerning their base. A victory, a party, anything. We may get lucky there."

I looked at him, then the two alicorns. "Why didn't we think of that?"

"No idea," Luna and Celestia replied.

"Well, can one of you guys do it?" I asked. "Or a guard that's still here for some reason?"

Luna shook her head. "Not I. Searching a mind that is catatonicic different than doing so for one that is sleeping."

"And I never learned that branch of spells," Celestia replied.

"And most guards see it as unethical."

"Oh, jeez," I muttered as I face palmed. "Is there any way we can do that? Because right now, I couldn't care less if they wake up. They try to kill me, they throw my mercy into space." At their looks, I added. "What, like you wouldn't want to get payback?" I pointed at Celestia. "You right now, especially, as they tried to kill you and those close to you."

"Fair enough," I heard Luna say under her breath. It was here that something. . .unexpected occurred.

Said something was the six Element gems, in their actual gem form, came floating into the room arranged in a pentagon formation, with Magic in the center of the other five. "I believe I can help with that," Harmony said from the six gems.

"Of course she can do this," I muttered. "She's a fucking goddess. Why not?"

"Ignoring your comment, Guardian," Harmony said before Loyalty, the gem closest to me, seemed to wink, "I will be able to help you all in your endeavor to find the lair of the cult so that you can remove it."

Luna, Lone, and Celestia bowed. "We thank you for that, Harmony," Luna replied.

"No need," the goddess said. "Guardian, I would like a word with you." And suddenly, there was a flash of light, and I was standing in that astral pane in which Twilight was transformed into an alicorn, with Harmony, in her mare form, standing in front of me. Able to see more clearly, I could see she was as tall as Celestia and had rainbow colored hair similar to Rainbow's that wasn't wavy like Luna and Celestia's, and went to the pony equivalent of shoulders.

"So," I began. "Why?"

"Because I feel I need to explain why you shouldn't mess with the me-forsaken time stream!" Harmony yelled. "And before you ask, I'm a multi-dimensional goddess. As long as there's a Tree, I function pretty much like the Vex!"

"Noted," I said. "And this isn't intentional. Besides, we're just creating another time line that's separate from our own," I replied. "Long as the whole multi-verse doesn't blow up, I don't see an issue!"

"That's just it!" Harmony screeched. "Shit like this, what you're doing, tends to attract attention on the same power scale as me, and not all of them are benevolent! I'd rather not risk my greatest enemy come here because three morons were reckless!"

I laughed. "Reckless?! Please, you want reckless, try when I rush into a mob of Guardians with just a non-rapid fire shotty with the delusion of destroying them!"

"And. This. Is. Worse! How many times do I need to I need to bucking say that?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Harmony, seeing as how our actions are in a past, it would stand to reason that whatever evil this is, they would have arrived by now, probably before we arrived, and we'd be fighting them right now. The fact that hasn't happened says that they either don't, or that it'll happen later on, which we can now prepare for."

". . .I hate it when my champions are right," Harmony muttered before sighing. "Still, once you three are done now, I'll need you to go back in time again and to a different universe, which has its own Displaced, and help them, as a war is starting with them, and they'll need as much help as possible."

"Right," I replied. "After that, you think you can try to send us back home? To our Equestria, I mean?"

"Yes," she nodded. "And by the way, what ranged weapons do you three want? Keep in mind it'll have to be within the time period here."

"Bow and arrow," I said. "For Rhino and Cybis, no idea. Ask them."

"I will," she said. "I'll see you next time, Guardian." And with that, there was a flash of light, and I was back in the war room.

"So, what's next?" I asked.

Author's Note:

Anyone wanna guess what I'm going to cross over with?