• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,678 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,678

Paradox arc-Beginnings

"So, Auryx, you thinking of making a vacation home in our dimension?" I asked our ally from the mirrorverse, who, along with Sekana and M Luna, were visiting us right now. It had been a few months since we had met, and the only reason ponies hadn't begun transitioning between the two would be, well, confusion as to who was who. Can't say I disagree.

"Perhaps, Josh," she replied. "It is less. . .bleak than our Equestria, for lack of a better term. Even with Luna and those who follow her, we still have our own problems. Empress Cadence and her followers are growing and preparing to wage war, the zebras massing on our borders." She sighed. "You know, this version has it lucky: it doesn't have as much evil to deal with."

"That's debatable," I said. "We still get evil, just in larger amounts from a single output. Like our version of you, for instance. No offense, by the way."

"None taken," Auryx said with a chuckle. "Though, if I ma to be honest, I do look forward to that fight, as I wish to test myself against the only one at my exact skill level, and that would be me. After all, the only difference would be that, well, I'm still my birth gender."

"Yeah, far as we know on that front," Cybis said behind, causing us to turn around.

"And what are you implying, Cybis?" Auryx asked with a slight joking tone. "That I'm not what you would call a mare?"

Cybis sighed. "Walked into that one," he muttered. "No, I mean that Oryx, the you for us, is. . .well, let's just say he's taken entire planets-he said that himself when the three of us faced him on his ship before we came here."

"And I have liberated multiple worlds from the Traveler's light," Auryx shot back. "I am certain they were the same planets."

"Fair enough," the warlock said. "But that isn't the reason I came for you guys. Josh, Legion wants to talk with us in the portal room. Something important, and he didn't exlain beyond 'Bring Hunter Josh and Titan Rhino here as soon as possible.' Which reminds me, where's Nolandroid?"

"Right here," Noland said as he materialized. "Sorry, I was processing lot of stuff we had downloaded from the portal a few hours ago. Kinda made me have to disable a few systems finish it as possible."

"And what did you download?" Cybis asked with a quizzically raised eyebrow.

I shrugged. "Just some music, a few more death battles-including the season three premiere, apparently-and news that the game back home's getting an update. New weapons and all."

"That all?"

"All I know of," I said. "Honestly, I don't care what Noland downloads for himself, long as he makes sure to keep that stuff separate from mine."

"Right," Cybis said slowly and a little unsure. "Anyway, Auryx, if you want to join us, you're welcome to. Sekana and Luna re there and hoping to learn a little about Vex Tech."

"I'd rather continue walking and seeing the sights," she replied. "I hide it well, but I do not like enclosed spaces."

"Explains a lot about Hive architecture," I muttered before going to a normal voice. "Guess we'll see ya later, then, Auryx."

"And I you, Guardians," she said, and we went on our separate ways. Cybis, Noland, and I made our way to the Vex time gate room, Auryx going who knows where.

"So, no idea why that wanted to see us?" I asked, referring to the multiple Vex minds that we had designated as Legion.

"None," Cybis replied. "Rhino should be there with them, though, so he may be able to fill us in. Assuming, you know, if they aren't waiting for each of us."

"Wouldn't surprise me," I muttered.

Yeah, so, anyway, it was a few more minutes until we reached our destination. In the gate room was Rhino, Legion, and two other Vex Goblins. Rhino was looking over the console that allowed us to control the portal, while Legion and the others were at the portal itself. "So, what's going on?" Cybis asked as we walked up next to Rhino.

"In layman's terms," Rhino replied, not taking a glance off the console, "Legion says that there's some kind of anomaly, and the portal's being affected by it. He wants our help to try and prevent some kind of meltdown so that time lines don't interconnect. Well, more than they have, anyway, given our alliance with mirror Equestria."

"And where's Luna and Sekana?"

"Legion sent them away," Rhino replied. "Our armor is protecting us from the portal radiation-normally safe, but the anomaly sent that to hell-as well as the Element of Sacrifice. Well, barely on that last one, but still. Point is that just the three of us and the Vex can handle this."

"So, anything we can do?" I asked.

"Yeah. Cybis, can you handle a few calculations?"

"With Dinkle, yeah."

The Exo nodded. "Right. Josh, talk with Legion. He may have something for you."

"Right," I said. With that, I made my way to Legion as Cybis was given calculations for who knows what. "Legion?"

"Hello, Hunter," Legion said, not taking his optic off the portal. "Are you here to assist with the portal?"

"Yeah. Need anything?"

"At this moment in time, no," Legion replied. "We most likely will within a minute, however."

"Right," I said before sitting down on the ground. "Just let me know when."

"Affirmative."

And a minute later, he said, "Hunter, we require you to hold the electrical conduit in place. It is currently inactive, but scans detect a crack, and we can not proceed further until it is fixed."

"You'll need to walk me through it, then," I said as I got up, and to the left side of the portal, which is where Rhino, Cybis, and I had placed the power conduit when we first made the thing. I saw the conduit, a medium sized cylinder of copper, and saw the crack.

"Our scans show that the conduit reacts to Arc energy," Legion said. "And the small jolt we sent through confirms, as the crack shrunk. However, we do not have an affinity for Arc energy, nor do we have Arc weapons. The closest we posses are Arc shields for Harpy Chassis, but there is not sufficient charge for it to be a permanent solution."

"Just had to tell me to send electricity through it," I muttered before I grasped the copper cylinder, and sent Arc energy through it, the crack, which split it in two, shrinking before disappearing.

"That is sufficient," Legion said. "You may remove your appendages and step away."

"Right," I said before trying to pull my hands away, but failing, and with Arc energy being attracted from me, and into the thing. "Yeah, uh, can I get some help, here? I'm stuck!"

"On it," I heard Rhino said before he put his arms around my chest from behind and pulled, to no avail. "CYBIS!"

"Figures something would happen," I heard the warlock say. "Been a few months since the last thing happened. What do we do?"

"Pull me off the fucker!" I yelled as more and more Arc energy poured into the portal.

"Warning: time gate on overload," Legion said. "Temporal rift detected, uncontrollable. Guardians, it is focusing around you."

"Great," Rhino said as he bent down, grabbed my ankles, and tried to pull me away the old fashioned way.

"I said get me off this thing, not rip me in two!"

"And that means what?" Cybis asked Legion.

"It means Titan Rhino is using enough force to rip-"

"Not what I meant!"

"It means that temporal energies are building around you three, which will result in you three vanishing into the past to an unknown date in a minute."

All three of us had the same thought. "Fuck." Rhino then added, "Will you be able to find us?"

"Vex scout party has been sent to earliest known history point of intelligent species on this planet," Legion replied.

"That's not going to work," I said, my body still horizontal. "Our presence in history will change the time line, which, assuming no paradoxes can happen, will result in alternate timelines. I.E.: alternate universes. So, yeah, we'll see what we can do."

"You are positive?"

"We're Guardians," I said as the world began to ripple. "We'll find a way, even if it means conquering Equestria itself." And as the last syllable left my mouth, the world vanished in a flash of white light

Author's Note:

And thus, a new arc begins: The Paradox arc, as it has to do with time travel. I do not know if there will by any crossovers other than the one I have planned with, and that one simply because of time travel putting the Guardians in the time period the crossover will be in. And I will be using time travel logic correctly, which will be a bitch to do. Also, for this arc, I will be taking suggestions as to when the Guardians will be going. If it is a head canon time period, make sure to describe it.