• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,683 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,683

Final battle in the past Pt2

Author's Note:

As I said, this chapter is an info dump, with next being the final battle.

As I stood frozen and looking at my presumed-to-be-dead-but-apparently-not mirror version, I heard hoofsteps, and was just barely able to turn my eyes to see the others being carried over here with a combination of magic and mirror Rhino and Cybis. "Now, I imagine you're wondering how we survived the asshole blowing us up?" my mirror version said. "Well, as it turns out, your Oryx was keeping an eye on that dimension ever since you set foot in it, and, when he sensed the Traveler's presence, he was able to teleport us out at the last second."

I tired to ask a question, but my mouth was frozen, so it simply came out as incoherent. Still, as it was myself I was talking to, he understood. "Why does Oryx care if we live? Seriously? Which one of us killed Crota again? Oh, yeah, you. Now, I'll admit, your Celestia may have had a part in the entire thing, but something tells me-by something I mean Oryx- that Crota was there simply to see if she was right," he said. "Now, I admit, that was a stupid move, and I did say that to his face, so he decided to Take Sunset, and use her as an agent to see if you three really were just destructive light. And we both know how that turned out, don't we?"

Cybis, Rhino, you guys there?

Yeah, Cybis replied. Be nice if they'd let us talk so we could ask. Or at least shut them up.

I hear that, Rhino said.

"And seeing as how i have no idea what other questions you may have," mirror me said before he snapped his fingers. "Now you can ask."

"In that case," I growled, "how in the ever loving hell did you come here?"

"Well, if you mean this time line, as well as when, then, well, remember that, like Harmony, Oryx is aware of multiple dimensions. You being here created an alternate timeline, which we were sent to. We then found a Vex gate, and used it to warp back here." A hand then went to his chin. "Though things were mostly the same as back in your Equestria, meaning we most likely failed or something."

"And just why are you doing this?" I asked, and Mirror Rhino replied.

"Well, for starters, for fun," he said. "Seriously, who doesn't like watching stuff explode?"

"And secondly," Mirror Cybis said a she looked at his comrade-they had helmets on so I couldn't see their expressions, though annoyance was in the voice- "because, well, lets just say Harmony has enemies too, and they would love to see you and your allies dead. Preferably you being helpless."

"Of course, though," Mirror me said, "we each know our codes won't go for it. Rhino, get a bubble up. Cyb, get them to where the others won't be in it. Can't let them get caught in this, now do we?"

"Right," he said, nodding, before the three of us were dragged to a large part of the store-house before a void bubble was put up.

"Now, before you get any heroic, idiotic ideas," Mirror Rhino said, "the bubble negates revival. We'll have a three v three deathwatch. First team to lose, well, dies. Whatever we got is available for use, including our fuse abilities."

As he said that, Mirror me snapped his fingers, and the three of us fell to the floor. "I hope you three are ready for a fight," he said as we stood up.

"Well, you are us," Cybis grunted as we stood up, Dreadfangs in our hands.

"So you tell us," Rhino said as he grabbed the hilt of his in both hands and held it out front.

"En guarde," I finished, and we clashed.